Decorating Tips

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

January 11, 2012

I’ve been feeling sorry for myself all week as friends write in asking, “So Holly, are you going?!?!”… You see, ALL of the big European design fairs are kicking off this month, with IMM Cologne, Formland, Maison+Objet… and I’m not attending a single one! I was invited to IMM next week to present my book and speak but unfortunately I was unable to accept their lovely invitation since I’ve been very busy scouting locations for my next book. I will begin working with photographer Debi Treloar in a mere two weeks so I about about to be consumed all over again but I love it! I had hoped to attend all of the big fairs this winter because I find them so inspiring but photographs will have to do so here is the upcoming collection from the always gorgeous Ferm Living!

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

I loved seeing their wall lights for kids because I spotted them in person and thought they were just great and made so well… The deer (top right) was designed by my good friend Anne Wendlandt from enna. I am so happy to see her work for Ferm Living and hope she does more for them in the future as I can see her deer, trees and other designs working brilliantly in their collection for bedding and cushions, too.

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

I love their new wallpaper! It’s adorable. I have my eyes on that rug too, though it’s not from Ferm Living. I wonder where they got it!? It looks like a vintage kilim (I’ve been obsessed since 2008).

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

NEW: Ferm Living Spring/Summer 2012

Ferm Living is located in Denmark with a second office in San Francisco so their products are available all over as they continue to expand their brand into new countries. Their upcoming mix of things for Spring/Summer is very strong – they keep getting better and better and in Germany, their brand is really catching on. My friend carries their line in her Hannover store (and online) called RaumFormPlan in case you live in Germany and have an interest in purchasing things from this line.

See any favorites??? I want the tray, the pillow shown above on that sofa and some of their wall boxes along with this neat corkboard that they sell shaped like a house with neon pink edging. Yeah, that’s quite a wish list!!!

(images: ferm living)

You Might Also Like

37 Comments

• Reply Susan @ The Kitchen Designerr January 11, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Love the vase and bowl in the top image and the pillows on the sofa below. Such fresh designs!!

• Reply gudy herder January 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Wow, all my favorite colours put together in one single cushion (last pic)! That is a must visit at RaumFormPlan!

• Reply Emily@theNest January 11, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Ooooh, I just love kilims too!! Such gorgeous design for children- it would really easily sit in an adult space as well, wouldn’t it? x

• Reply hegesvisuelledesign January 11, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Lovely inspiration in your post!
    I love your blog:)

• Reply Rebecca January 11, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Oooh Im a little in love with it all! Loving the colour palette on the trays, so pretty x

• Reply The Design Notebook January 11, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I love the colours and the prints. So nice and fresh. I had never heard about Ferm Living before so thanks a lot for the tip!

Nadine

• Reply eb January 11, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I wish there were links to product pages for the items above. I would like to look at those trays with the triangle pattern on the inside, but can’t find them on the site. I also REALLY like the vases in the first photo that have a very similar or identical pattern…I would probably buy one right now if I had a link to the product page!

Also, do you know anything about the desk/table in the photo with the black and white striped wallpaper? I adore it!

• Reply Dominique January 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Where are those cute beast cushions under the “fun” label? I looked on the site and didn’t see them. I feel like I need them.

• Reply laura evans January 11, 2012 at 7:01 pm

do i see any favourites … i’m going to say i’d be happy to have the majority of what you’ve showcased here in my house. I am currently obsessed with all things kitchen so the tray, with the bottle are a must … i love the blankets & those tones would look gorgeous in my sons room, or on my couch or really anywhere in my house. & the office is just gorgeous. So yeah i’ll take it all please! happy hump day!!

• Reply lebenslustiger January 11, 2012 at 7:12 pm

uh – I love these kilims so much…I’m sure, you know about this company, right?:
    Will go to Paris for M&O – so exciting…

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy January 11, 2012 at 8:00 pm

The bold stripes in that studio office are absolutely great! I also love those big cushy animal pillows! Would be perfect in a nursery!! Beautiful photos! Also, kind of excited to hear you are working on your next book! Congrats!!

• Reply sidsel January 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm

great new fresh products – for the kelim my guess is also Brandts indoor!
    http://www.brandtsindoor.dk/ – they have lovely stuff and a great selection!

• Reply Katya January 11, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Beautiful!

• Reply Anke January 11, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Ferm Living is one of my favourite Scandinavian brands. They have so many nice things for kids, and as well for adults. I like especially their house-shaped boxes.
    Anke

• Reply Charlotta January 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Hello Holly!

Happy New Year to you and congratulations on the imminent work with your photographer. You must be so excited!

I too am a fan of vintage Kelim and also Dhurrie rugs.. Yum yum!
    The wall house looks fun too as does the black-white wallpaper. Tres chic!

x Charlotta

• Reply stylishandamned January 11, 2012 at 11:25 pm

What is it about the Denmark design troupe that gets me every time? I love all of this

• Reply kristin johnsen January 12, 2012 at 1:03 am

thanks for sharing – this is great stuff! I wish I had brought my quilting things with me to Cleveland – I bought a pattern that is so much like the geometric patterns they are showing here, and in grays whites bright greens and pinks – I would have loved to have shown you and your readers so folks could go out and make some things to go with this great collection! As always, I ‘m a total sucker for anything Danish…..thanks!

• Reply Igor January 12, 2012 at 1:20 am

Adorable, I love Ferm Living!! Real eye candy!!

• Reply Artplay by Vivian Hawker January 12, 2012 at 1:42 am

I’m in love with the graphic designs and warm colors. I love your design style!

• Reply Sarah January 12, 2012 at 2:42 am

I love the bedroom with the graphic design! Fabulous! Can’t wait to see what your new book is about! ;-))

• Reply Camille January 12, 2012 at 11:15 am

Very beautiful ! I love this pictures!

• Reply Regina January 12, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Of course, the deers caught my eye… (lamp + wallpaper). But, I love the picture with the kid – looks like she has been caught playing – no socks, the hair no so tidely combed, …
    Have fun scouting locations and doing the photos. I am looking forward to seeing your next book!

• Reply Jessica January 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm

The tray and vase are adorable!

• Reply Emma January 12, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Absolutely love these prints… Very stylish. Love the bedding!

• Reply Evelyn January 12, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I’m so glad you posted this! I caught a glimpse of her work elsewhere and have been searching for the genius behind it.

• Reply Elena January 12, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Love the colors and the patterns. My favorites are the candle holders.

• Reply fenny setiawan January 13, 2012 at 3:14 am

I saw lotsa of geometric pattern in this edition and I love it.

• Reply Jen @ A Touch of Lovely January 13, 2012 at 5:22 am

ooooh i love everything! the color palette is so soothing!

• Reply Rosalind January 13, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I’d love to see some more ideas for SMALL spaces in your next book :-) I got Decorate for Christmas and I am loving it.

• Reply Evelyn January 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Holly-

Ferm living, I saw photos of her work from an exhibition (Amsterdam?) but they were unlabeled. Now I know who it is, big relief.

• Reply rebecca January 14, 2012 at 9:20 am

i am such a big fan of ferm living. it is so adorable but hard to find in Australia without a hefty price tag.

• Reply jette January 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I’m not the biggest fan of Ferm living. But I do very much like the Copenhagen poster. So much that I would actually buy it if I could find it in a “real” store. :-)

• Reply twiggs January 16, 2012 at 9:04 pm

i love ferm living and the pictures are just gorgeous! and having a special obsession by triangles, well those pillows had me! and yes, that poster about copenhagen is delightful… if only Lisbon was in their plans for a store!

• Reply christiana January 19, 2012 at 1:58 am

Hi Holly! Thanks for the lovely post! Am planning a little European vacation this year and northern Germany seems like it might be the perfect stopping point between Amsterdam and Copenhagen! :)

• Reply Sarah January 19, 2012 at 3:13 pm

love the muted color palette!

• Reply Sofie January 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Hi :-)

Where do i buy the wallstickers at det pictures? (it is wallstickers, right :D?)