Arts + Crafts

Quotes Can Be Nice

January 18, 2012

I love quotes, don’t you? I find quick bites of positivity or quirk a bit uplifting — even the tongue in cheek quotes are fun because they often say what many of us lack the courage to. This is one I particular like this week because it’s so true, right!?  I thought I’d share some quotes that I’ve been collecting over the past few weeks though I have tons more pinned here although some of those are definitely cheeky and not so G rated so viewer beware! These below are tame and good thoughts so enjoy them today as you go about your business…

Quotes Can Be Nice

Quotes Can Be Nice

a. via moline (source unknown, if you know please tell me so I may credit the artist). b. Ben Liney c. Lindsay Whitehead d. via Jenna Roton (if you know who made this let me know so I can credit them!) e. Ashley G. f. Urban Outfitters g. We Love Typography and h. Urban Outfitters.

Psst: My last post sharing quotes-as-artwork was in May of 2011 and you can catch that here if you missed it for more great art.

(images linked above to where they were sourced.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Netilla January 19, 2012 at 1:43 am

They’re all so lovely! Great post! :)

• Reply fenny setiawan January 19, 2012 at 2:32 am

I love them all, but especially No, C and H, because of the illustration design :)

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang January 19, 2012 at 3:50 am

I agree! Quotes are so lovely. You read them every time you pass them, whether you notice you do or not. So, we should surround ourselves with brave and kind and wonderful quotes!

• Reply Ann Maria January 19, 2012 at 3:55 am

I love the quotes and I love how you have found them presented in a visually beautiful way.

• Reply Cutelicious January 19, 2012 at 8:25 am

I also love quotes. They can lift my mood in an instant! The only problem – if I would put all my pinned quotes in my house I probably would end up covering the walls completely … :-) There are too many good ones. Maybe I should work out a rotating system! ;-)

• Reply andriana January 19, 2012 at 9:48 am

I LOVE quotes! Once I even started my own Quotes Book, taking note of lyrics, proverbs, poems…! Some of the most inspiring and fun ones come from the genius Oscar Wilde… I also have a ‘column’ in my blog entitled ‘Wise Words’.

• Reply Lisa January 19, 2012 at 10:36 am

I think I’ve found a listing for print (a):

They’re all lovely BTW :-)

Lisa x

• Reply Rebecca January 19, 2012 at 11:17 am

I do love reading all my pinned quotes from time to time and they really do give you a little pick me up if your feeling a bit blue!x

• Reply caro January 19, 2012 at 11:51 am

I really love all theses “Poster” and “Words” Boards on Pinterest and I’m changing my kitchen-quote-poster every month. And your selection is so beautiful. Thank you for sharon, Holly!

• Reply Daniel January 19, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hi, I also loves qoutes! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful Thursday!

• Reply Valerie January 19, 2012 at 4:03 pm

A wonderful collection! Quotes have become an art form to be displayed rather than hidden in a book or drawer. Enjoyed your post and Pinterest site!

• Reply Marie January 19, 2012 at 4:52 pm

so very lovely, I love having inspiration all around me, so these are great finds!

• Reply Artplay by Vivian Hawker January 19, 2012 at 6:58 pm

They are all so beautiful. I think quotes as well as single words can be so inspiring. It is what gives me the inspiration for my art. I surround myself with little reminders everywhere of words that can have such a nice impact on my day to day. Thank you for sharing some of your favorites!

• Reply Jenna Roton January 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm

The gratitude graphic came from :) -Jenna

• Reply Jess (Where My Heart Is) January 21, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I love this post – quotes can definitely be inspiring and help us keep focused on what really matters. This is just what I needed today.

• Reply wendel January 23, 2012 at 10:54 am

What a lovely selection of quotes and inspiring words. And here’s something funny, this christmas I gave myself the ‘wander’ poster and my mom the ‘invincible summer’ poster. And they both also look beautifully in real life ;) Great post!

• Reply Lindsay Whitehead March 2, 2012 at 2:56 am

Wow! Thank you for posting my print! I LOVE your blog!