The Styled Project

I recently heard from Victoria Hudgins who wrote in to tell me about a bi-weekly project that she has initiated in order to combine her passion for blogging and her love for magazines into one abbreviated, curated place called Styled.

Styled

Styled

Styled is an e-mag delivered every two weeks and each article in the magazine can also be found as a blog post by following the link in the magazine so it can be easily shared with others in blog form, too. She even produced a sweet little video conveying how both magazines and blogs can work together.

Styled magazine will feature new product guides, blogger interviews, party tips and more. All the best, Victoria!

(images: styled)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, Books + Magazines on January 18, 2012

1. Amy Grace commented
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:35pm

You are so prolific today! Thanks for all the fun pics and ideas this afternoon!
    Amy Grace´s last blog post ..Daily Covet: Mad for Sunday Nights

2. Karena commented
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:52pm

Holly how great! There are so many inspiring ideas out there!!

xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena
    Karena´s last blog post ..A Special Interview with Kansas City Artist Gregory Summers

3. Igor commented
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:58pm

This sounds and looks promising! Off to check it out!
    Igor´s last blog post ..5 Happy Inspirations: Kitchen Friends

4. belinda commented
    January 18th, 2012 at 11:13pm

this is kind of timely – I just wrote a post last week about how I think print magazines need to ditch their websites and just produce an awesome blog instead that encourages interaction, advice, info, pretty pics etc. You can read it here http://thehappyhomeblog.com/?p=3865 I think it’d be much better than their slow, busy sites that look like there is a lot on there, but really isn’t! I think this idea is a much better one for an emag/digital mag, which I admit I’m not a huge fan of. I much prefer the layout of a blog than a website or digital mag, so I think this will work well. Great idea Victoria! x
    belinda´s last blog post ..hungry caterpillar fruit stamps; make your own storybook and more kids crafts

5. teresita commented
    January 19th, 2012 at 2:41pm

Victoria and her blog are the best! I’ve been following her for a while now, and she always have simple yet amazing ideas.
    teresita´s last blog post ..Cómo hicimos la piñata!! / How did we make our piñata!!

6. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    January 19th, 2012 at 11:13pm

How cool! Love this idea -combining blogs & mags! Brilliant!!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..California Kitchen Remodel: Modern Romance

7. monique commented
    January 20th, 2012 at 11:32am

I must say you’ve got me addicted to e-mags! And I am really loving this one!
    monique´s last blog post ..{ a giveaway}

8. Jamie says dream commented
    January 20th, 2012 at 5:30pm

I think it’s a really clever idea to combine the e-mag with a blog. Usually you can’t pin from an e-mag, and you often want to. Now I just click on the headline to go to the blogpost – that I can pin :-) Also, the e-mag will probably get a lot of attention from Pinterest-users this way, when people can pin from it and spread the images and ideas.

Nice inspiration in the e-mag, I will read it many more times! Thank’s for the tip!
    Jamie says dream´s last blog post ..Go and organize!

9. Brooke H commented
    January 22nd, 2012 at 7:19am

Sounds great, i’m looking forward to learning more about it. . . love that first pic by the way! Bunting flags with a sparkling cake, yes please.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..Spotted: VIPs with Brooklit Cards

10. Carrie Rowe commented
    January 24th, 2012 at 10:27pm

LOVE Victoria and everything she does!