Stylist Jenni Juurinen

January 24, 2012

I really like the work of stylist Jenni Juurinen in Finland and find these two photos from her portfolio quite lovely, particularly the spoons dipped in neutral color paints and the gorgeous wallpaper…

Stylist Jenni Juurinen

Stylist Jenni Juurinen

I found Jenni via Emmas inspirational pinboard…  Don’t you just love Emma’s eye? I do. She really curates such lovely pins and her love of white, clean spaces makes her a kindred spirit of mine for sure! Here are a few more from Jenni’s portfolio – I think the pendant lights with the wooden beads are amazing and wonder who makes them. Such a clever idea! I’m also crazy about charcoal gray walls at the moment so these rooms make me happy…

Stylist Jenni Juurinen

Stylist Jenni Juurinen

And speaking of Finland, did you know that my book is now available in Finnish?! I know, right? Serious! I’m so excited to think of it being in Finnish book shops. Quite cool! It is called, “”Sisusta tyylillä – 1000 inspiroivaa sisustusideaa kodin jokaiseen huoneeseen” and is available for purchase here.

Does anyone know the name/manufacturer of the wallpaper shown above in the second image?

(images: jenni juurinen)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Elena January 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I love the leather belts around the magazines idea in the second picture. A great look that can be so easily achieved. I will definetely try this.
    Congrats on the book !

• Reply Susan Serra, CKD January 24, 2012 at 1:27 pm

That is one big pinboard! Yes, the images are all so crisp yet dreamy, the best of both worlds. I love all the white and the simple, real, communication of her work.

• Reply Emily@theNest January 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Holly, I love the spoons dipped in paint- I’ve been thinking of doing likewise with a sizeable collection of not-really-antique-but-old spoons I’ve amassed… Thanks for the eye candy as always! x

• Reply MoodKids - Maike January 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm

very nice, pinned the spoons yesterday too! also like her colourfull pictures!

• Reply Jenni B January 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Oh, it’s available in Finnish? I had thought of purchasing the English version, but perhaps I will opt for the Finnish one and give it to my mother as a present… and then devour it at my parents’ ;D

• Reply Jessica January 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Love the composition of the spoons in that photo…and the buckled straps on the newspaper!

• Reply Kiana January 24, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I love that couch in the third picture! Any ideas where to get it?

• Reply Josie January 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I love this! So inspirational. x

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy January 24, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I have been considering a basket-style drop light for my kitchen…this makes it even more tempting. Very fun don’t you think?

• Reply Lisa Graham January 24, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I want a whole drawer full of those spoons!

• Reply Lisa @ Lisa's Creative Designs January 24, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Her photos are just lovely. She has a very clean sense of style. Me? I am a clutter bug but I can really appreciate her designs. Very cool. I will have to go check out her pinboards.

• Reply Jennifer January 24, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Congratulations on the Finnish translation! It really is an awesome book! I love the charcoal walls too. In fact, if I had it my way, most of the walls in my house would probably be different shades of gray.

• Reply lebenslustiger January 24, 2012 at 11:40 pm

What a CUTE sounding language! I’m so happy for you and your book going around the world! Well done

• Reply Camille January 25, 2012 at 10:51 am

The spoons are so lovely … ;)

• Reply meandering pearl January 25, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Still.. .& Gorgeous!!!

Oh so lovely!!!

• Reply Glenda Childers January 26, 2012 at 12:13 am

The simplicity of the spoons dipped in paint … how lovely.

• Reply Laura Gaskill January 26, 2012 at 1:56 am

Ooh, gorgeous! I adore Emma’s taste too, there are always good things to find on her blog & pinterest. And how fun to hear your book has been translated into yet another language – way to go, Holly! : ) xo Laura

• Reply Ashlea January 26, 2012 at 5:35 am

The wire cages on those lights are to die for! Love them!!

• Reply Jenni January 26, 2012 at 10:07 am

Thank you for the blogpost. The wallpaper is from Happy Nature collection by Fiona Walldesign.

• Reply Ola January 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Here’s the wallpaper you’re looking for:

• Reply Daniel January 26, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Hi, love the pictures, just amazing!! Have a great day!!

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) January 26, 2012 at 2:45 pm

LOVE the wallpaper – it’s simply beautiful!

• Reply Sille January 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Do you know where the black chair is from??

• Reply Inge January 26, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Love the neutral & soft colors and the cute wallpaper! It would be great to use in kids’ rooms… or any other room actually. :-) Have absolutely no idea of what the name of this wallpaper would be, maybe you can mail Jenni?
    Thanks for sharing always such inspiring pictures here on your blog!
    Love, Inge x

• Reply Zane January 26, 2012 at 8:39 pm

stunning, I absolutely love this

• Reply Kelly January 26, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Gorgeous. Love the muted color palate. While I’m loving the current neon trend for spring, these are a refreshing break of calm and serenity.

• Reply casapinka January 27, 2012 at 2:14 am

Beautiful and clean, and yet very inspired. I love that first photo…must go look at her pinboards.

• Reply rinna January 27, 2012 at 9:09 am

I have that spoon photo (ripped from a magazine) on my inspiration board. It’s so simple and beautiful.

• Reply dagný björg* January 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

I love every single thing on these images! Beautiful

• Reply tiina - sparkling ink January 27, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I have really been admiring her work! Love to flip throw magazine pages and discover Jenni’s styling. For me, she truly represents the best of modern Finnish style, the way I experience and see it here.

• Reply Jenn January 28, 2012 at 6:06 am

These are beautifully styled. The careful editing and deliberate placement of every item in the compositions are fantastic! Love.

• Reply Andrea January 29, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I’ll say, I just popped over to her pinboard and there is a distinct theme there alright. Tonally brilliant. I love the couch you re-posted here. Always love a good couch!

• Reply Dianne January 30, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I love the dipped spoons. I saw a similar take on an event planners blog where they dipped the ends of knives in paint and gradually lightened the paint each dip to give a gradual change in colour. It was really beautiful. Thanks for sharing this art!

• Reply Paulina July 13, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Your book is also available in Polish ;)) And I love it!