Trends

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

February 6, 2012

Hello everyone! How was your weekend? I hope it was a good one. I got stranded in Holland due to the weather but made the best out of it and as a result, made some new friends and got to meet up with Eline Pellinkhof in her home city of Haarlem AND I was able to see a shop I’ve longed to see for several years now called Ottomania. It was such a great experience and I’m so glad that bad weather brought me to Haarlem though the travel bit was just horrible. I’m home now and made a little “me” time this morning as a result of the stressful journey back by train (a 4 hour trip took 17 hours and two days of freezing on platforms trying to go east into Germany) so a salon visit made everything right again. Total girl power! I thought I’d begin this week by announcing some good news and spotting a lovely trend. I thought I’d share the trend first and then, my next post, will highlight the very good news.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

via Design Files the home of Lucy Young.

This is a trend I spotted in Amsterdam last week when I was out and about with Stephanie Rammeloo who is also quite keen on this color combination, too. I saw these tones together on a wall and my heart exploded with joy! It made me so happy to see something before me that I felt such an immediate connection to. Have you ever felt like that about a color palette? I thought to show you the palette best, I’d share some products and images that fit the scheme I’m referring to since I know you’re visual and well, seeing is really believing, isn’t it? From mere text, it wouldn’t seem as though a soft pastel like (god forbid I say this word), “peach”, would look great with neon pink, mint green, butter cream yellow and bold copper but oh.my.goodness it SO does. See for yourself…

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Interior ideas from Home Life.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

(copper, bright orange, mint green from J.Crew necklace from Anthropologie, tray from HAY, neons from BklynBride)

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

German ceramicist Nicole Mueller from Maison Sauvage

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Different ways to combine these colors from Color Collective.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Confetti System (I wrote about them last January here.)

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

BrklynBride

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Interior ideas from Home Life.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

More from Home Life.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Confetti System (I wrote about them last January here.)

I’m loving this trend and feel so inspired by it, you too?

(images: linked to sources above.)

You Might Also Like

32 Comments

• Reply MondaysMilk February 6, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Drop dead gorgeous all of it!!!! *Rozalinde

• Reply Zane February 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm

beautiful colors, inspiring

• Reply Tori February 6, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Oh Holly, You do know how to get a girl going. The more I scrolled down the pictures the more I got excited!!! I love to sew so I’m always look for great color combinations and color inspiration. Hmmm…Off to start sketching : )
    Love the roundup!

• Reply Kat February 6, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Just beautiful – I like how the colours in fashion right now are also being taken up for homeware. Pastels and naturals are such a favourite of mine!
    Kat x
    Ps glad you’re home safe, and warming up again

• Reply Annie February 6, 2012 at 6:20 pm

gorgeous! Love all these colors! Those flirty pics are my fav.

• Reply tinajo February 6, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Love it – makes it easier to imagine that summer will be here eventually..!

• Reply Rebecca February 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

What a colour-fest! Love the neon lined bowls by Nicole Mueller!! yum x

• Reply Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse February 6, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I second that. Gorgeous.

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy February 6, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I think it sounds wonderful to get stuck in Holland! But I am sorry travel was such a hassle -agh! Love today’s pics, a great way to kick off the week with color!! Glad you’re home safe!

• Reply Natasha Fatah February 6, 2012 at 7:48 pm

What a gorgeous post, thanks for all the inspiration!

xoxo

• Reply Natasha Fatah February 6, 2012 at 7:48 pm

What a gorgeous post! Thanks for all the inspiration!

• Reply Dialogue with space February 6, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Beautiful combination
    Love the neon touch
    Thanks xoxo

• Reply Angelia February 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I love the “green” and the outside deck and that orange coat really ties that look together. A lot of great inspiration.

• Reply Angelia February 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I love the “green” and the outside deck and that orange coat really ties that look together. A lot of great ideas for spring/summer color.

• Reply ileana February 6, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Love these color combos!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm

SO loving this trend….thinking about more ways to add some neon into my home! :)
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Brooke H February 6, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Love this post. I too am having a “i love 80’s neon signs” moment.

• Reply Joanne February 6, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Oh I’ve been to that shop Ottomania and loved it – the shop has lots of character and their products are so beautiful.

• Reply Flying High February 6, 2012 at 10:05 pm

The colors are so rich! I love the way you’ve captured them. I’m glad to see you’re making the most out of being stuck in Holland, live it up!

• Reply leaca February 6, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I love this post. Nice and happy for the Monday drab that I often feel.

• Reply Iris February 6, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I am glad you arrived home safely and that the snow brought you joy as well! This color combination is right up my alley. I spotted similar tones in the gorgeous Hay Spring Collection. Yes, with peach as well ;)
    x Iris

• Reply Pretty Dandy Homewares February 6, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Wow, those are full-on colour combinations! I’m a big fan of the introduction of a hint of copper to balance out the sweetness of some of the other colours. Also love the neon/pastel combo. All in all, a feast for the eyes!

Becky
    x

• Reply Jennie Fynn February 6, 2012 at 11:12 pm

What a delight to see these lovely colours. Just what I need to brighten up a drab, winters day here in snowy UK

• Reply katia February 6, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Mammamia I’ve been inspired by much from that trend that I started creating yet around those colors and contrasts and patterns! Here in Italy it’s still undiscovered by the mass, just a few of people appreciates… things seems to be so lazy here about colors and decor trends… But i can feel it in an extraordinary way :) I’m so lucky I love colors and wear them very easily!
    Great post Holly! ;)

• Reply Happily Ever After February 7, 2012 at 2:48 am

Lovely collection! I love pastels!

• Reply Polly February 7, 2012 at 9:38 am

I love love these colours and the images that you have put together! Really inspiring. I really like the way the yellow pops out. x

• Reply MsXpat February 7, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I love the decor in the rooms, never would have thought neon would look so cool and soothing in a room.

• Reply Josephine February 7, 2012 at 3:41 pm

OMGosh! LOVE! This is truly one of my favorites. It’s nice to see peach have a place in the world, and to be able to make it more lovely. And yes, I totally LOVE color palettes! Make my heart skip a beat!

• Reply Jessica February 7, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Love the pops of color! Makes me ready for spring

• Reply fenny setiawan February 8, 2012 at 5:30 am

I love the colors. Especially with a touch of neon color, and also the glittery images and girlie spirit. Love them all!

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis February 8, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I apologize for our idiot train company… so sorry to hear it took you so long.. But also glad you made the best out of it by visiting Haarlem, you sound like a really positve girl ;) I really love this little city and often go there in summer .. it is so close to amsterdam and the beach ;)
    hugs desiree

• Reply Chrystina February 9, 2012 at 6:36 am

I love how these colors are pastel and so bright at the same time. Great color scheme, soft on the eyes and great inspiration. Thanks for sharing, Holly!!