Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Hello everyone! How was your weekend? I hope it was a good one. I got stranded in Holland due to the weather but made the best out of it and as a result, made some new friends and got to meet up with Eline Pellinkhof in her home city of Haarlem AND I was able to see a shop I’ve longed to see for several years now called Ottomania. It was such a great experience and I’m so glad that bad weather brought me to Haarlem though the travel bit was just horrible. I’m home now and made a little “me” time this morning as a result of the stressful journey back by train (a 4 hour trip took 17 hours and two days of freezing on platforms trying to go east into Germany) so a salon visit made everything right again. Total girl power! I thought I’d begin this week by announcing some good news and spotting a lovely trend. I thought I’d share the trend first and then, my next post, will highlight the very good news.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

via Design Files the home of Lucy Young.

This is a trend I spotted in Amsterdam last week when I was out and about with Stephanie Rammeloo who is also quite keen on this color combination, too. I saw these tones together on a wall and my heart exploded with joy! It made me so happy to see something before me that I felt such an immediate connection to. Have you ever felt like that about a color palette? I thought to show you the palette best, I’d share some products and images that fit the scheme I’m referring to since I know you’re visual and well, seeing is really believing, isn’t it? From mere text, it wouldn’t seem as though a soft pastel like (god forbid I say this word), “peach”, would look great with neon pink, mint green, butter cream yellow and bold copper but oh.my.goodness it SO does. See for yourself…

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Interior ideas from Home Life.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

(copper, bright orange, mint green from J.Crew necklace from Anthropologie, tray from HAY, neons from BklynBride)

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

German ceramicist Nicole Mueller from Maison Sauvage

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Different ways to combine these colors from Color Collective.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Confetti System (I wrote about them last January here.)

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

BrklynBride

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Interior ideas from Home Life.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

More from Home Life.

Pastels, Natural Wood, Neon and Hints of Copper

Confetti System (I wrote about them last January here.)

I’m loving this trend and feel so inspired by it, you too?

(images: linked to sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in trends on February 06, 2012

1. MondaysMilk commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 5:51pm

Drop dead gorgeous all of it!!!! *Rozalinde

2. Zane commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 6:05pm

beautiful colors, inspiring
    Zane´s last blog post ..Don’t think, just let it out

3. Tori commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 6:09pm

Oh Holly, You do know how to get a girl going. The more I scrolled down the pictures the more I got excited!!! I love to sew so I’m always look for great color combinations and color inspiration. Hmmm…Off to start sketching : )
    Love the roundup!
    Tori´s last blog post ..On My Mind: Random Thoughts

4. Kat commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 6:19pm

Just beautiful – I like how the colours in fashion right now are also being taken up for homeware. Pastels and naturals are such a favourite of mine!
    Kat x
    Ps glad you’re home safe, and warming up again
    Kat´s last blog post ..Jeska’s vintage matchboxes

5. Annie commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 6:20pm

gorgeous! Love all these colors! Those flirty pics are my fav.

6. tinajo commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 6:20pm

Love it – makes it easier to imagine that summer will be here eventually..!
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Restful weekend and more house pondering

7. Rebecca commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 6:22pm

What a colour-fest! Love the neon lined bowls by Nicole Mueller!! yum x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..littletree’s top 10 blogs!

8. Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 7:00pm

I second that. Gorgeous.
    Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse´s last blog post ..Things I Found & Heard At The Party

9. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 7:26pm

I think it sounds wonderful to get stuck in Holland! But I am sorry travel was such a hassle -agh! Love today’s pics, a great way to kick off the week with color!! Glad you’re home safe!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Cool Find: Chick-a-Dee Smoke Detector

10. Natasha Fatah commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 7:48pm

What a gorgeous post, thanks for all the inspiration!

xoxo

Natasha Fatah´s last blog post ..Allan Gardens: Flowers and Jewels

11. Natasha Fatah commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 7:48pm

What a gorgeous post! Thanks for all the inspiration!
    Natasha Fatah´s last blog post ..Allan Gardens: Flowers and Jewels

12. Dialogue with space commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 8:12pm

Beautiful combination
    Love the neon touch
    Thanks xoxo
    Dialogue with space´s last blog post ..GODDESS FLORA

13. Angelia commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 8:42pm

I love the “green” and the outside deck and that orange coat really ties that look together. A lot of great inspiration.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Monday Projects

14. Angelia commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 8:42pm

I love the “green” and the outside deck and that orange coat really ties that look together. A lot of great ideas for spring/summer color.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Monday Projects

15. ileana commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 8:51pm

Love these color combos!
    ileana´s last blog post ..Black pepper tofu

16. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:41pm

SO loving this trend….thinking about more ways to add some neon into my home! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Monday monday….

17. Brooke H commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:50pm

Love this post. I too am having a “i love 80’s neon signs” moment.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..My Blog Goes to College

18. Joanne commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:53pm

Oh I’ve been to that shop Ottomania and loved it – the shop has lots of character and their products are so beautiful.

19. Flying High commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:05pm

The colors are so rich! I love the way you’ve captured them. I’m glad to see you’re making the most out of being stuck in Holland, live it up!
    Flying High´s last blog post ..Renovating your master bathroom

20. leaca commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:11pm

I love this post. Nice and happy for the Monday drab that I often feel.

21. Iris commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:12pm

I am glad you arrived home safely and that the snow brought you joy as well! This color combination is right up my alley. I spotted similar tones in the gorgeous Hay Spring Collection. Yes, with peach as well ;)
    x Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Growing

22. Pretty Dandy Homewares commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:57pm

Wow, those are full-on colour combinations! I’m a big fan of the introduction of a hint of copper to balance out the sweetness of some of the other colours. Also love the neon/pastel combo. All in all, a feast for the eyes!

Becky
    x

23. Jennie Fynn commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 11:12pm

What a delight to see these lovely colours. Just what I need to brighten up a drab, winters day here in snowy UK

24. katia commented
    February 6th, 2012 at 11:34pm

Mammamia I’ve been inspired by much from that trend that I started creating yet around those colors and contrasts and patterns! Here in Italy it’s still undiscovered by the mass, just a few of people appreciates… things seems to be so lazy here about colors and decor trends… But i can feel it in an extraordinary way :) I’m so lucky I love colors and wear them very easily!
    Great post Holly! ;)
    katia´s last blog post ..“Work-ing-progress” :)

25. Happily Ever After commented
    February 7th, 2012 at 2:48am

Lovely collection! I love pastels!

26. Polly commented
    February 7th, 2012 at 9:38am

I love love these colours and the images that you have put together! Really inspiring. I really like the way the yellow pops out. x
    Polly´s last blog post ..Geometric

27. MsXpat commented
    February 7th, 2012 at 2:45pm

I love the decor in the rooms, never would have thought neon would look so cool and soothing in a room.

28. Josephine commented
    February 7th, 2012 at 3:41pm

OMGosh! LOVE! This is truly one of my favorites. It’s nice to see peach have a place in the world, and to be able to make it more lovely. And yes, I totally LOVE color palettes! Make my heart skip a beat!

29. Jessica commented
    February 7th, 2012 at 4:16pm

Love the pops of color! Makes me ready for spring
    Jessica´s last blog post ..Decor from the Shore: Wave

30. fenny setiawan commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 5:30am

I love the colors. Especially with a touch of neon color, and also the glittery images and girlie spirit. Love them all!

31. desiree - vosgesparis commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 11:44pm

I apologize for our idiot train company… so sorry to hear it took you so long.. But also glad you made the best out of it by visiting Haarlem, you sound like a really positve girl ;) I really love this little city and often go there in summer .. it is so close to amsterdam and the beach ;)
    hugs desiree
    desiree – vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Black + Silver [from Etsy]

32. Chrystina commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 6:36am

I love how these colors are pastel and so bright at the same time. Great color scheme, soft on the eyes and great inspiration. Thanks for sharing, Holly!!
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..bridal shower game, question cards, by MXK