Blogging + Styling + Photography Workshop in NYC March 3 & 4

I’m so happy to announce that the class I’ve been teaching online for three years alongside of Leslie Shewring is going on a road trip – we’ll be teaching LIVE in NYC on Saturday, March 3rd and Sunday, March 4th. This will be an inspirational and intensive weekend long workshop for those interested in learning the creative business of blogging (for all levels but you must have some knowledge of blogging). We will teach you the art of producing beautiful color stories, still life photographs and gorgeous inspirational vignettes that you can photograph and use on your blog and how to blog your best. (Full details here.) We have split the class into two days so you can take them both or just one, full details are below.

Registration Begins Soon!

I have been blogging full-time as a business for over six years and Leslie is a color expert, photographer and stylist who holds a degree in Architecture and another in Interior Design who has a background in product design – her designs have been stocked on the shelves of stores like Target and some of her most recent clients include American Greetings, UPPERCASE magazine, Stampington and more. Together, we plan to share our experiences, ups and downs and our expertise in blogging, styling and photography through hands-on lessons and lots of discussions and one-on-one time with our students. We want to share what we’ve learned over the years in a supportive, intimate setting so that you can walk away with the tools that you need to blog your best and to produce content that you can be proud of that is uniquely you and from the heart.

Class No. 1: The Creative Business of Blogging
Instructors: Holly Becker, Leslie Shewring
Teaching Assistant: Melissa De La Fuente
Date: Saturday, March 3
Location: New York City
Time: 10:00-5:00

Join Holly Becker and Leslie Shewring for a day to explore the creative business of blogging. In a relaxed approach, we’ll discuss the key themes from the Blogging Your Way e-course and expand on them with new information and loads of inspiration and take away. This will be a small intimate class, giving you the opportunity to work closely with us to help you achieve your creative goals. We’ll share case studies and tons of tips and tricks that will leave you inspired and ready to blog!

Some topics we’ll cover:
– Finding your niche, personal style + your voice
– Writing from the heart
– Building your readership
– Getting out of creative ruts
– Social networking
– From blog to book – getting published

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Class No. 2: A Day of Color + Styling + Photography
Instructors: Holly Becker, Leslie Shewring
Teaching Assistant: Michelle Verdugo
Date: Sunday, March 4
Location: New York City
Time: 10:00-5:00

On Sunday, Holly and Leslie will spend the day sharing their approach to color, styling and photography. We will go over the importance of color palettes and how to collect inspiration. Then we will share composition tips for styling vignettes for your own photographs so you can watch us during our creative process and then, you’ll be invited to join in with hands-on lessons in styling followed by a photography how-to. Holly will also share her experience of styling people’s homes for photographs.

– Creating color palettes
– Gathering inspiration
– Composition
– Styling Vignettes
– Styling Homes
– Photography tips + editing ideas

Note: Please bring your camera to class on Sunday. It is helpful if you have a Digital SLR camera so that we can talk about manual settings. A tripod is helpful but not mandatory! You are welcome to bring your laptop so you can upload the photos that you work on. Have Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Elements on your computer so we can give you some tips on photo editing, too.

Cancellations: Absolutely no refunds can be given for this workshop friends, so please make sure that you can make this date.

Costs: The cost of our workshop for two days (discounted 10%) includes all materials, coffee breaks and lunches is $711. If you choose to only take one day, the cost is $395.

Location: Saturday and Sunday we will meet at our studio space in NoHo, NYC. Address will be sent to students upon enrollment by February 25th.

Space is extremely limited and we are at 50% enrollment already so if you’d like to join us, here is where you can learn more and make payment. Hope to see you soon!

xo, Holly & Leslie

(image: leslie shewring)

Posted by decor8 in events + markets on February 08, 2012

1. Natasha Fatah commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 7:57pm

Oh I wish you guys would host one of these in Toronto!

xoxo
    Natasha Fatah´s last blog post ..Hot Pink Lazy Haze

2. Cattie commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 8:38pm

Oh, that sounds like so much fun, and lots of great information! Any plans to hold the same classes in Boston?
    Cattie´s last blog post ..Heart Charms And Pendants

3. amy walters, aDESIGNdock commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 8:38pm

How fun!!! So wish NYC was just a hop, skip and jump away. This sounds super fab ;)

4. leaca commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 9:24pm

If it were not for another engagement I would come. I love NYC and it would be so nice to meet you in person. I hope you do more of these.
    leaca´s last blog post ..a branch in the bush: it’s foggy

5. Inspirationsquelle commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 9:40pm

Oh Holly,
    one day you have to host such an event in Germany!!
    Inspirationsquelle´s last blog post ..Pastellträume Vol.3

6. Jennie Fynn commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 10:08pm

Gosh wish I lived in NYC. Sounds like a fantasic workshop. Can you do one in London?

7. Meredith commented
    February 8th, 2012 at 11:18pm

I love Leslie beautiful arrangements and photo styling – it was one of her photos that got me painting again!!! Very inspiring work that she does wish I could attend in person! Have fun! :o)

8. Jill Marlow commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 2:40am

I was wondering since I can’t make it to NYC that weekend, if you guys were still offering an on-line session too?

9. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 3:05am

What a wonderful opportunity!! In NYC too! Wish I could attend! Maybe next time!! Have fun, I know it will be a blast!!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Simple Giving: Flower Arranging with Tape!

10. Tina Ramchandani commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 3:14am

I’m so excited! I signed up for Saturday but really wish I could attend both days. I have to be thankful for what I can do, and thanks to you both for this wonderful opportunity!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Buzzilight

11. The Glamorous Housewife commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 3:57am

I just wanted to say I took the online version of these classes and they were fantastic! My blog looks better, my posts are better, my photography is better, and my stats are through the roof! I highly recommend this class.

Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

12. Anastasia commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 5:19am

oh i really wish i could attend – these sound like great workshops!!!

13. decor8 commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 9:13am

Yes we are doing an online class in April/May!

14. decor8 commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 9:14am

Tina! Welcome to our class – can’t wait to finally meet you!!!!

15. Traveling Mama commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 1:25pm

I am so, so envious! I do hope you will offer it in Europe soon!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..thank you for {you}

16. Rose commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 1:34pm

People of New York, New York – you lucky fishes – would love to attend such a workshop, despite the fact we have a blog. A wealth of experience and inspiration is what I would imagine you can expect. Enjoy.
    Rose´s last blog post ..Cross Your Heart…

17. Sheila commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 3:02pm

I’m so envious – Holly Europe needs this, well the UK to be precise ( may as well be selfish). I’m sure all will have a great time.

18. James Gifford Mead commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 4:17pm

Looks like a great work shop!

19. decor8 commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 5:46pm

@Sheila – We are planning one in the future, let’s see what happens!

20. Gayle commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 6:03pm

Do you have any more online courses coming up??

21. Gayle commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 6:04pm

oops sorry i just read that you are in April/May how do i sign up?

22. Marina commented
    February 9th, 2012 at 9:01pm

oh, I would love to attend these workshops…but unfortunately I live in the Netherlands ;-(

23. Renee - Luminoso Blu commented
    February 10th, 2012 at 1:59am

Words cannot describe how much I wish I could attend one of these sessions. I bet you will have an awesome 2 days. So much creative energy and talent in one place would be amazing…

Maybe if one day you bring the program to Australia… I will keep dreaming in the meantime! Hope you have fun ladies
    Renee – Luminoso Blu´s last blog post ..‘Up, up and away’ baby shower

24. Serena {Pretty Fluffy} commented
    February 10th, 2012 at 3:57am

So jealous I’m all the way over in Australia. But delighted for you all that get to go – doing BYW was one of the best blogging decisions I ever made!
    Serena {Pretty Fluffy}´s last blog post ..DIY: 5 Minute Valentine

25. carol commented
    February 10th, 2012 at 3:23pm

your week-end sounds absolutely wonderful. If you would be interested in me photo documenting this event I would love to discuss this opportunity with you
    with best
    Carol

26. Callie Grayson commented
    February 11th, 2012 at 9:22pm

It would be amazing if you had one of these in chicago!,
    Xx
    Callie
    Callie Grayson´s last blog post ..PLACE: Hidden and Secret

27. Fiona Humberstone commented
    February 20th, 2012 at 2:02pm

Yehey! I have just booked my place on this and I am sooooo excited. Am going to be attending the Sunday workshop and can’t wait to meet you both and all the lovely delegates.

Wohooooo!
    Fiona Humberstone´s last blog post ..New York Calling…

28. Audrey Smit commented
    February 28th, 2012 at 6:51pm

Also signed up for this weekend and can’t wait!It’s going to be great to meet everybody :)

29. Mia Crespo commented
    May 12th, 2012 at 1:13pm

I would definitely attend if you’d do one of these workshop in Europe (Brussels, London, Berlin, or Paris)!
    I hope you will consider us, your pool of european addicts and fans!

30. decor8 commented
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:06pm

I am doing one in Hannover, Germany on July 28,2012!