Charming Mint Green Boy’s Room

February 8, 2012

Well what do you know!? I’m posting children’s rooms on decor8! ha ha! It’s a big deal for me to do this and if you blink you’ll miss them but it’s fun to go off the beaten track now and then and show something new. We tend to post things on our blogs that we feel attached to in one way or another and while I love children I think not having any does make me less inclined to think about their room design. Perhaps that will change in the future!

Charming Mint Green Boys Room

After posting the sweet pink girl’s room, Australian interiors and lifestyle photographer Tara Pearce sent in some great photos of a little boy’s room in cool mint that she asked me to consider posting. A mint green boy’s room? Oh yes please! Lenny is two-years-old and loves his new IKEA bed and minty green walls. His room has many vintage and handmade pieces and his little creative zone made me smile so I have to share it… Plus I can’t show a girl’s room and skip the little guys!

Charming Mint Green Boys Room

Charming Mint Green Boys Room

Charming Mint Green Boys Room

Charming Mint Green Boys Room

Charming Mint Green Boys Room

Visit Tara’s blog to see more of her stunning photos…

(images: Tara Pearce)

You Might Also Like

• Reply shelia February 8, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Great looking room. Love the ‘cool mint’ color – soft, but masculine. Also really love the vintage feel and the floor are amazing.

• Reply Abigail Percy@abigail*ryan February 8, 2012 at 3:06 pm

So pretty! I love those dinosaur cushions on the bed, too… incredibly cute :)

• Reply Tracy A. February 8, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Love the palette – greens of any shade are my favorite – and the little boy is adorable!

• Reply Ana February 8, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Such an incredible room. I adore everything in it.

• Reply Daniel - Let me be inspired February 8, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Hi, what a wonderful room!! Thanks for sharing!! Have a great day!

• Reply tinajo February 8, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I love the soothing colors – very nice! :-)

• Reply Jillian February 8, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I really love the combination of the mint green, white trim and warm wood tones. I have been taking note of children’s rooms and nurseries lately without really meaning to. Some of them have great design and ideas for storage that can be incorporated into grown up spaces too.

• Reply Ingrid Jansen February 8, 2012 at 6:16 pm

cool name and room!

• Reply Jessica February 8, 2012 at 9:24 pm

The paper lanterns + cloud mobile are absolutely adorable!

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy February 9, 2012 at 3:20 am

Wonderful color!!! Paper lanterns are darling too!

• Reply elise February 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm

oh, love the whole house! Lust my taste…vintage cool.

• Reply rebecca February 10, 2012 at 3:11 am

loving the colour so fresh for a boys room . wow !

• Reply Rachel February 10, 2012 at 4:57 am

Don’t mean to rain on parades, I like it for the main part (especially the mint colour), yet find it to be a touch ‘safe’ and predictable?

• Reply colleen @ hello olive February 11, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I absolutely love the chest of drawers (or sideboard?) in his room. There’s no way I’d put in my son’s room – I’d keep that stunning piece all to myself ;-)

• Reply Callie Grayson February 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Love the minty green walls, perfectly paired with navy blue and white.

• Reply Cutelicious February 11, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I would not mind seeing more rooms for kids. :-) We will be moving in a few months and my kids (a girl and a boy) will FINALLY both get their own room. So I am on a hunt for ideas right now. :-)

• Reply Salli @ Tiipii February 22, 2012 at 2:19 am

The green colour is lovely, especially with the danish chest of drawers against it. Keeps the room feeling warm even though its a cooler colour.

• Reply franky April 5, 2012 at 3:51 am

this mint green boys room is super adorable!

• Reply franky May 2, 2012 at 6:09 pm

What are the trends for nursery rooms for this year or summer?

• Reply briana June 14, 2012 at 11:31 am

The child will be surely happy in this mint green room,,, What a topic you have shared, just awesome!
    Briana Charles from Children folding Table Chair Set .

• Reply Lindsay Schuil September 28, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Hi… I’m trying to pick a cool mint color for my baby boys room… and I love this! It’s always so overwhelming looking at paint samples. Do you happen to remember what brand and color name this was? It would be so helpful! Thanks :)