Kate Spade + Florence Broadhurst

Love seeing the teaming up of Kate Spade and Florence Broadhurst for a limited collection of things for the home and to wear that look so fresh for spring. These strong black and white graphic prints caught my eye today, particularly when a bold, punchy orange is thrown in.  This would make for a fabulously retro kitchen scheme for sure! If orange isn’t your thing, you could swap it out for love heart red or a big bad banana yellow or even a fabulous kermit the frog green. And yes, I should totally name paint for a living or nail polish! ha ha!

Kate Spade

Do you like this pattern or do you wish another Broadhurst pattern had made the cut? And did you see the lining of this coat? It’s gorgeous though severely out of my price range…

(image: kate spade ny)

Posted by decor8 in design on February 15, 2012

1. Ingrid commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 4:49pm

Madly in bed… so funny

2. Megan commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 5:26pm

beautiful!!!!!
    Megan´s last blog post ..Life Inspires…a look inside my head

3. Sarah Cooper-White commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 5:40pm

I love this Florence Broadhurst design. I made a roman blind out of this fabric for my home five years ago, it’s still up and I love it every time I look at it. There’s something strangely calming about it and it never looks dated.

4. Sandra commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 6:01pm

I like the pattern but I especially like the move to MORE bold patterns. Like most, I was/am on the minimalist bandwagon but secretly am attracted to these patterns. No pussy-footing around – these are a STATEMENT!

5. Anja commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 7:20pm

I love the white flowers on the black background, not so keen on the reverse for some reason.
    And the coat is rather lovely!
    Anja´s last blog post ..A sign of things to come…

6. Diane commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 8:45pm

I love this pattern, and especially how it’s reversed in the dress. Love the wallpaper, too.

7. sue commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 9:39pm

i have LOVED this print for years and years… and have pondered numerous times about how to use it in my home (a cushion, a canvas, a bed skirt perhaps)… and to be honest, i was a little sad when i happened upon this over at kate spade… it’s hard to explain, but i think i’m a little worried i’m going to grow weary of it now that it’s splashed all over pencils and shoes, handbags and bangles… a little like its new found popularity cheapens it… :(
    sue´s last blog post ..colour stories {marina}

8. Ada @ New York commented
    February 15th, 2012 at 11:00pm

I love the coat lining!!! .. maybe in PINK color would be even prettier! I am a bit fan of black + white … thoooought this wallpaper design may be a bit too much for me, I do luv the design on the milk + sugar containers.
    Ada @ New York´s last blog post ..Wednesday’s Wink … { install day!!!! curtains, decals, etc. | Part 1 of 2 }

9. Tamara commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:05am

Japanese Floral is my favourite Broadhurst pattern. So much so that a few years ago I painted my garden gnome in this pattern!

10. kristin johnsen commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:10am

You always introduce me to the coolest things I’ve never known I wanted! I love this pattern – I want the dress she is wearing! And I LOVE the coat! Thanks – I’ve got to find more of this fabric, even if I just have a piece to look at now and then…..lovely!
    kristin johnsen´s last blog post ..Done in time for Valentine’s Day!

11. Tegan @ Style Chic commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 1:49am

LOVE that wallpaper!

12. Anastasia commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:19am

ohhh I was going to blog about this too – ha! love both labels and what a great collaboration!

13. Kylie @ All Things Lovely commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 7:43am

Stunning design!! Love the cute photo as well :)

14. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:08pm

I heart Kate Spade!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Shop: Salvage Design Company & Paper Me

15. Suzanne Vachon commented
    February 19th, 2012 at 7:00pm

Hi,

I find the pattern quite interesting, it looks like a Mackintosh (Arts and Crafts) pattern with a retro 70’s look, I like it it has good strong design, would look terrific in a powder room with a white lacquered ceiling and a black floor.

Thanks again for you are a great inspiration.

16. Salli @ Tiipii commented
    February 22nd, 2012 at 2:17am

I have always loved this print. I must get me one of those teacups!

17. anne marie commented
    March 14th, 2012 at 12:31pm

kate should really just send you a coat….that would just be the thing to do I think!!

and btw; I didn’t comment earlier, but had to tell you thank you for sharing that wallpaper from spain…i love the bold print on that floral…great idea
    anne marie´s last blog post ..vintage…blossom…bunting…market