Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

February 16, 2012

Over the top? Yes ma’am. Bold? Yuppity yuppers. Saturated with color? Oh, baby. Opposite of understated, this new wallpaper and wall mural collection from Catalina Estrada isn’t for the fraidycat decorator! I’ve noted my personal favorites below. I wonder which ones you’ll like…

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

This pattern is nice… but HELLO – great floor alert! Ding, ding, ding! I want that gorgeous tile… I love it worn and dated.

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

The red/white pattern on the right wall is really sweet and boho.

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

Very sweet pattern for a retro china cabinet to line the back or to cut out some of the flower patterns and stick them to a dress or bottom right corner of a white cabinet for a little color and pattern. Whenever I see really bold papers that I know I couldn’t live with on my walls, yet I like them, I immediately try to think of alternate ways to use them. Cutting out patterns and adhering them to furniture can look nice when done neatly and with attention to detail – you’ll want to use small scissors and cut the shapes out very, very nicely – avoid tearing or sloppy cutting as it can make all the difference in the world when you apply your cut out pattern to a smooth surface.

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

This one is sweet because there is still some white space to hang art and things.

Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

I’m definitely not daring enough for this on my walls but I could rock out some of the patterns inside of china cabinets, closets, or even on the ceiling with painted walls in a complementary color kept simple and soft. Could be really pretty in a little girl’s room. Fun!

If you’d like to purchase this paper or stock it in your pretty shop, since it is in collaboration with Coordonné, you can contact them directly. If you are in Spain you can email: ventas [at] coordonne [dot] es and elsewhere in the world you may contact: export [at] coordonne [dot] es.

(images: cataline estrada)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Rachelle February 16, 2012 at 12:35 pm

What fabulous papers Holly its always exciting to see boundries being pushed and they are amazing Rx

• Reply Ana February 16, 2012 at 12:47 pm

• Reply tinajo February 16, 2012 at 1:10 pm

It looks fantastic, makes me smile. Great colors and patterns! :-)

• Reply Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse February 16, 2012 at 2:22 pm

well, i guess that makes you and me different. i could totally rock one of these on my walls. i’m in love with the first one. so, so pretty.

• Reply Juliette February 16, 2012 at 2:24 pm

oh wow, these are really lovely -and intense! Some of the larger prints would definitely be fun somewhere like a coffee shop, but I also like the idea of fussy cutting some pieces down for accents.

• Reply carolyn gavin February 16, 2012 at 6:25 pm

hi Holly,
    Those floors are cement moroccan tile which i’m searching for here in Canada for my bathroom reno. They are truly stunning and can make a room if you will! I love the more subtle wallpaper patterns (like the first pattern) in conjunction with the tile.
    Tile is available at mosaic house in NY.
    best, C

• Reply Ana February 16, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Wonderful wallpaper. So dreamy.

• Reply Carmen @ Forgotten Fancies February 16, 2012 at 9:46 pm

They are beautiful, I love the ones where they have combined really bold designs with muted and restrained patterns next to it. What a great find.

• Reply Johanna Logreira February 16, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Hello !! I know Cata since little. We are from Medellin-Colombia and she is just BRILLIANT !!! I love her work and I called the Colombian Modern Frida Khalo !!!!!!!!
    Love you Catika !!

• Reply the virgin rose February 17, 2012 at 12:00 am

Can I move in there? Seriously LOVE all the rooms… So cool for feature walls and yes love those tiles.. THanks for sharing.. YUM! :)

• Reply Sue February 18, 2012 at 8:53 pm

They are just beautiful.

• Reply Gracia February 20, 2012 at 11:44 am

Those first three are so incredibly beautiful. I’d move in if only I could.

• Reply Joanne Palmisano February 21, 2012 at 7:54 pm

LOVE this idea, truly brightens the room — these really are pieces of art. Beautiful and stunning. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply becky February 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Two Words: Wow. Zah!!!

• Reply Jutta February 23, 2012 at 11:35 am

Oh wow, stunning! I love Catalina Estrada’s work, great to see these wallpapers. I don’t see my husband accepting them on any walls, but maybe in small doses, like you said.

• Reply Shabby Chic February 23, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Great post! I love the pattern and texture on the wall and floors. After several years of designing I finally have my first client who will let me paint a pattern on the floor… come on people! Floor patterns are amazing!!!

• Reply juliette crane February 23, 2012 at 6:40 pm

so inspiring! i always love catalina’s whimsical artwork and it looks brilliant as wallpaper too!

best wishes!

• Reply HM Mills February 25, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Wow, the colors are so bright and the designs are incredible. I don’t believe I am brave enough to use on my walls, but oh how I would love some of those designs on canvas or cotton. I think they would make great tote or bag…

• Reply Diana March 28, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Love it . . . you can feel the latin flavor full of brightness and contrast . . . puro folclor!!! . . . . me encanta!!!

• Reply Robert May 6, 2012 at 11:46 am

What a beautiful range of wallpapers. They work perfectly as feature walls!
    Wallpaper murals