Catalina Estrada Introduces Bold, New Wallpaper

Over the top? Yes ma’am. Bold? Yuppity yuppers. Saturated with color? Oh, baby. Opposite of understated, this new wallpaper and wall mural collection from Catalina Estrada isn’t for the fraidycat decorator! I’ve noted my personal favorites below. I wonder which ones you’ll like…

Catalina Estrada

This pattern is nice… but HELLO – great floor alert! Ding, ding, ding! I want that gorgeous tile… I love it worn and dated.

Catalina Estrada

Catalina Estrada

Catalina Estrada

The red/white pattern on the right wall is really sweet and boho.

Catalina Estrada

Catalina Estrada

Very sweet pattern for a retro china cabinet to line the back or to cut out some of the flower patterns and stick them to a dress or bottom right corner of a white cabinet for a little color and pattern. Whenever I see really bold papers that I know I couldn’t live with on my walls, yet I like them, I immediately try to think of alternate ways to use them. Cutting out patterns and adhering them to furniture can look nice when done neatly and with attention to detail – you’ll want to use small scissors and cut the shapes out very, very nicely – avoid tearing or sloppy cutting as it can make all the difference in the world when you apply your cut out pattern to a smooth surface.

Catalina Estrada

This one is sweet because there is still some white space to hang art and things.

Catalina Estrada

I’m definitely not daring enough for this on my walls but I could rock out some of the patterns inside of china cabinets, closets, or even on the ceiling with painted walls in a complementary color kept simple and soft. Could be really pretty in a little girl’s room. Fun!

If you’d like to purchase this paper or stock it in your pretty shop, since it is in collaboration with Coordonné, you can contact them directly. If you are in Spain you can email: ventas [at] coordonne [dot] es and elsewhere in the world you may contact: export [at] coordonne [dot] es.

(images: cataline estrada)

Posted by decor8 in walls on February 16, 2012

1. Rachelle commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:35pm

What fabulous papers Holly its always exciting to see boundries being pushed and they are amazing Rx

2. Ana commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:47pm

Love.
    Ana´s last blog post ..Phil Cuttance

3. tinajo commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 1:10pm

It looks fantastic, makes me smile. Great colors and patterns! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Good morning!

4. Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:22pm

well, i guess that makes you and me different. i could totally rock one of these on my walls. i’m in love with the first one. so, so pretty.
    Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse´s last blog post ..A Proposition For You

5. Juliette commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:24pm

oh wow, these are really lovely -and intense! Some of the larger prints would definitely be fun somewhere like a coffee shop, but I also like the idea of fussy cutting some pieces down for accents.
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Happy Valentine’s Day!

6. carolyn gavin commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 6:25pm

hi Holly,
    Those floors are cement moroccan tile which i’m searching for here in Canada for my bathroom reno. They are truly stunning and can make a room if you will! I love the more subtle wallpaper patterns (like the first pattern) in conjunction with the tile.
    Tile is available at mosaic house in NY.
    best, C

7. Ana commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 9:33pm

Wonderful wallpaper. So dreamy.
    Ana´s last blog post ..Giveaway / Madewell

8. Carmen @ Forgotten Fancies commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 9:46pm

They are beautiful, I love the ones where they have combined really bold designs with muted and restrained patterns next to it. What a great find.
    Carmen @ Forgotten Fancies´s last blog post ..Illustration fancies: Camper booties

9. Johanna Logreira commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 9:47pm

Hello !! I know Cata since little. We are from Medellin-Colombia and she is just BRILLIANT !!! I love her work and I called the Colombian Modern Frida Khalo !!!!!!!!
    Love you Catika !!

10. the virgin rose commented
    February 17th, 2012 at 12:00am

Can I move in there? Seriously LOVE all the rooms… So cool for feature walls and yes love those tiles.. THanks for sharing.. YUM! :)

11. Sue commented
    February 18th, 2012 at 8:53pm

They are just beautiful.

12. Gracia commented
    February 20th, 2012 at 11:44am

Those first three are so incredibly beautiful. I’d move in if only I could.

13. Joanne Palmisano commented
    February 21st, 2012 at 7:54pm

LOVE this idea, truly brightens the room — these really are pieces of art. Beautiful and stunning. Thanks for sharing!

14. becky commented
    February 21st, 2012 at 7:57pm

Two Words: Wow. Zah!!!
    becky´s last blog post ..olli and lime Logan Hooded Blanket

15. Jutta commented
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:35am

Oh wow, stunning! I love Catalina Estrada’s work, great to see these wallpapers. I don’t see my husband accepting them on any walls, but maybe in small doses, like you said.
    Jutta´s last blog post ..Too bright for lights?

16. Shabby Chic commented
    February 23rd, 2012 at 5:02pm

Great post! I love the pattern and texture on the wall and floors. After several years of designing I finally have my first client who will let me paint a pattern on the floor… come on people! Floor patterns are amazing!!!
    Shabby Chic´s last blog post ..Shabby Chic inspiration

17. juliette crane commented
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:40pm

so inspiring! i always love catalina’s whimsical artwork and it looks brilliant as wallpaper too!

best wishes!
    -juliette

18. HM Mills commented
    February 25th, 2012 at 2:04pm

Wow, the colors are so bright and the designs are incredible. I don’t believe I am brave enough to use on my walls, but oh how I would love some of those designs on canvas or cotton. I think they would make great tote or bag…

19. Diana commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 12:57pm

Love it . . . you can feel the latin flavor full of brightness and contrast . . . puro folclor!!! . . . . me encanta!!!

20. Robert commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 11:46am

What a beautiful range of wallpapers. They work perfectly as feature walls!
    Wallpaper murals