Stunning Wall Decoration

This handmade backdrop used at a wedding I found over at Green Wedding Shoes made my heart positively leap. This is stunning. I don’t know how it was made, I thought at first cupcake wrappers but I don’t see any ruffled edges so perhaps something else… Either way, I love it and here is the link to the site where I found it in case you want to research more… I’d normally do that for you but today I’m in a rush and cannot.

Stunning Wall Decoration

Stunning Wall Decoration

Stunning Wall Decoration

Here is the link where I found these stunning images taken by Annie McElwain Photography.

(images: annie mcelwain photography)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on February 16, 2012

1. Magdalena commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:02pm

Beautiful! it’s look like paper rolls glued together…
    Magdalena´s last blog post ..Blue satin ribbon & bird charm necklace

2. Tonya@mycozylittlefarmhouse commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:14pm

It appears to be coiled paper. Regardless, it is very cool!
    Tonya@mycozylittlefarmhouse´s last blog post ..Learning how to strip

3. Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:20pm

pretty amazing for what looks to be a ‘temporary’ backdrop. perhaps just circles made from paper?
    Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse´s last blog post ..A Proposition For You

4. lou commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:22pm

this is fantastic indeed! maybe it’s painted toilet paper rolls? really really wonderful!

5. michelle commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:23pm

Wow, that is gorgeous. Looks like rolled paper or maybe painted toilet paper tubes. At first glance it looked like an oversized, grown up light brite.
    michelle´s last blog post ..Itty Bitty Cupcakes

6. Krysta commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:32pm

It looks like rolled paper in chicken wire maybe?

7. Property for sale commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:35pm

Thanks your sharing wall design.
    I have seen your wall design, I like very much
    Thanks agian !!!

8. Leigh commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:54pm

It almost looks like roll up colored cardstock that is wedged into chicken wire, like pomping on parade floats. very beautiful.

9. Araya @ Wind and Willow Home commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:54pm

It is made from rolled scraps of paper. Truly AMAZING! I would have to say the best DIY I have seen. Here is a quote via greenweddingshoes.com
    “I started cutting out petal shapes in different colors and sizes for our Paper Flower Wedding Arch and Floating Flowers for the pool. With the scraps from those larger flowers I was able to cut out smaller flower shapes for the Floating Flower Wall. For the Rolled Paper Art Backdrop…”

10. Ivy commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 2:58pm

Beautiful colors and design. Thanks for sharing this Holly!!

Cheers~
    Ivy
    Ivy´s last blog post ..Motherhood

11. Heather commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 3:18pm

Really cool! It looks like circles of colored paper rolled up…quite a big project!
    Heather´s last blog post ..Yes, we’d like more sugar please

12. Karena commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 3:19pm

Amazing works of art! I love to see this kind of creativity!

You might enjoy the artist I have featured as part of my Artist Series 2012…

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    Karena´s last blog post ..Artist Series 2012 The Remarkable William Rose

13. vanessa commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 3:32pm

looks like painted toilet paper rolls, fantastic idea!

14. caren commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 3:40pm

WOW!! That reminds me of the light bright I had when I was little!!
    It’s a beautiful piece, but I wonder if I would tire of how bold it is after a short time.

Perhaps if it WAS a light bright wall, you could switch it out now and then?
    caren´s last blog post ..Workout DVD Review: Kathryn Budig, Aim True Yoga

15. MissRouge commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 4:16pm

Hallo Decor8blog!
    Ich bin ein riesen Fan und besuche diesen Blog täglich!
    Ich würde mich sehr freuen, würden Sie auch meinen Blog besuchen!

MissRouge <3
    MissRouge´s last blog post ..Trendfarbe PINK

16. Noelle commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 4:22pm

Stunning indeed and so unique!

17. Brandi commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 5:11pm

Looks like painted toilet paper/paper towel rolls to me!! :)

18. Haylee Isaacson commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 5:16pm

This is way cool, I love this wall, it’s just very unique and it blends very well.

19. Camille commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 6:51pm

Wowww the multicolored wall is amazing ! it’s beautiful!!!
    Camille´s last blog post ..La poule de Laurence …

20. lebenslustiger commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 7:46pm

I so LOVE to see something I have never seen before…AMAZING!
    lebenslustiger´s last blog post ..WORDS ON PILLOWS

21. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:04pm

It does look like a light bright! It’s absolutely wonderful and fabulous and very special for a wedding -the fact that it’s temporary makes it all the more luxurious don’t you think? Great find!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Shop: Salvage Design Company & Paper Me

22. Nuit commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:24pm

truly gorgeous…
    Nuit´s last blog post ..She Rocks: Designer Carmen Rivero

23. Daniel - Let me be inspired commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:31pm

Wow – amazing!! So colorful and beautiful!!
    Daniel – Let me be inspired´s last blog post ..Kensington House by SHH

24. Monica Lee commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 9:03pm

Oh! I love this! What a great outside wall (hope it doesn’t rain!) This would even be a terrific to build with kids…is that crazy? Ok teenagers. It is so delightful!
    Monica Lee´s last blog post ..Cori Dantini

25. rashmi commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 9:47pm

Wow the pictures are great and the designs are cool!
    rashmi´s last blog post ..Four Must Have Accessories for Vitamix Blenders

26. Leonardo Salvador commented
    February 16th, 2012 at 11:06pm

What was it made of again? Wow! This is very impressive and the color combination looks very good too!

27. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    February 17th, 2012 at 3:47am

Oh wow. That is stunning.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Tuesday…

28. Ashley commented
    February 17th, 2012 at 4:17am

It looks like it’s “pomped” in a way. Chicken wire filled with colored paper. But instead of crumpling the paper up like you would on a float or a wall decoration it’s rolled and secured, probably by painting the chicken wire with glue or modge podge then sticking the paper in. The paper we used for pomping in college comes pre-cut into little squares in a bajillion colors and would be perfect for this.

The black is traditionally pomped, the colored pieces are rolled up into little balls then glued to board.

29. Happily Ever After commented
    February 17th, 2012 at 7:34am

Yes, I saw this on Green Wedding shoes the other day. It is very unique!

30. alison commented
    February 17th, 2012 at 2:51pm

Hi Holly,
    LOVE that wall decor! Reminds me of the Light Brite toy…Maybe it’s just rolled 8.5 x 11″ paper???
    xo
    Alison

31. Stacey commented
    February 17th, 2012 at 3:37pm

now that is awesome!
    Stacey´s last blog post ..A Peek at My Week.

32. christine commented
    February 17th, 2012 at 6:48pm

Is that straws?
    christine´s last blog post ..How to use a Scentsy Warmer

33. Veronica commented
    February 20th, 2012 at 5:24am

These are amazing designs. I never expected to love every room. I’m so inspired to add color and more personal and original pieces!

34. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    February 20th, 2012 at 6:43pm

Beautiful! I could look at that all day
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Decor from the Shore: Blue

35. Chrystina commented
    February 24th, 2012 at 12:29am

It always amazes me how much you can do with paper. Maybe that’s why I love it so much…
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..grunge fonts