Home Tours

March 15, 2012

Hello friends! How are you today? I’m so happy to be back home from NYC because I’ve missed blogging daily and feel so energized and motivated to write and connect with you once again. I thought I’d begin with a lovely post created exclusively for decor8. Ready?

Creative Studio Tour of Photographer Jeremy Harwell

I love a good tour – especially of a creative workspace since so many of us dream of having a nook (or entire studio) where we can do the things that we love in an environment that supports us in every way. This is the studio of photographer Jeremy Harwell who recently built a new studio for his photography and he wanted to share it with all of you today. I think it’s a gorgeous space and I hope that it inspires you!

Creative Studio Tour of Photographer Jeremy Harwell

About Jeremy, “He started his own freelance business in 1992 working as a photojournalist for several newspapers, covering news events as well as professional sports. He recently spent 8 years at Ralph Lauren, where he was the Creative Director for the New York stores as well as shooting fashion and interiors. In 2003 Jeremy and family moved to Georgia to live the simple life and start a studio in Senoia… Jeremy has won numerous awards including Wedding and Portrait Photographers International Accolades of Excellence. He has also been published in Bride and Modern Brides magazine.” I love reading about his journey and how long he has worked in his field – his blog shows so many gorgeous examples of his work, I encourage you to check it out for loads of eye candy inspiration!

What do you love about his photography studio? I love that it is both masculine and a bit feminine, I think the interior is well thought out as he deals with a lot of brides so having that feminine touch is essential in the decor. I adore the soda, that pale salmon is gorgeous and works so nicely with the brown and green tones. I also love his big silver LG monitors, they look great but also quite classy for a monitor. What do you think?

(images: Jeremy Harwell)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Mandy March 15, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I can’t stop staring at that couch! I love the color!!! Such beautiful photos.

• Reply Samira March 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm

So glad you are back !! Love this space!!!

• Reply Inés March 15, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I love this concept! It warm and modern….

Big hugs!

• Reply eisha March 15, 2012 at 2:59 pm

what a nice studio! feels like home! such a beuty :)

• Reply etsy stalkers March 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm

this makes me want to de-clutter my entire house and start over – love!

• Reply Jeremy Harwell March 15, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Thank you so much for the wondeful post! I am so humbled and honored to be on your blog! I am continually inspired by your work!

• Reply tinajo March 15, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Such lovely pics! Love the cactus collection and the pretty sofa! :-)

• Reply Mariella March 15, 2012 at 3:22 pm

absolutely gorgeous, there is nothing I don’t like in this space, the fact that it is a photographer studio just adds some charm, thanks for sharing it here Holly!

• Reply María March 15, 2012 at 3:31 pm

It’s beautiful!! I love it.

• Reply Kimberly Jones March 15, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I love how the studio feels spare, but is still filled with interesting things. My favorite elements are the vignettes with books and the color palette. Very sophisticated but pretty!

• Reply Karena March 15, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Stunning. It is sparse in a way yet very intriguing! I love his book collection!
    Art by Karena

• Reply kalanicut March 15, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Oh, this space had me at the ceiling beams and the green palm fronts in the beautiful white vase. This space has the most amazing feeling of peace & creativity. My first thought was “Oh this is a place where your mind would feel clear to be creative.” Thanks for sharing Holly!

• Reply Jessica Senti March 15, 2012 at 5:07 pm

So lovely! :)

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang March 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm

This is beautiful! I love the large print.

• Reply Trina March 15, 2012 at 8:16 pm

So gorgeous! Love the couch, the dark woodwork and well all of it. Great feature, Holly!
    xo . trina

• Reply Veronica March 15, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I love everything about his photography studio, but what jumps out to me the most is the sofa and beams. Gorgeous.

• Reply Bettina March 15, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Books and flowers make all the different when styling! Very inviting space!

• Reply SALLI @ TIIPII March 15, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Love the desk! And the amount of light in the studio. The colour of the sofa is also fabulous. A very nice room.

• Reply becky March 16, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I am not sure which is more beautiful, the space or the photographs of the space!

• Reply Melissa March 17, 2012 at 12:01 am

Gorgeous space! I love the coral pink of the sofa with the black and white patterns and flokati pillow. Is it possible to find out more about that sofa? I’m feeling a little obsessed with it…

• Reply Rachel {little bits of lovely} March 17, 2012 at 12:30 am

So lovely; I adore the black + white palette mixed in with beautiful shades of pink. The details are beautiful xx

• Reply Jeremy Harwell March 17, 2012 at 4:01 am

Thank you all for the very kind comments!

• Reply brianhughes March 17, 2012 at 11:58 am

Love the giant windows … ah, all that natural light! Ceiling height, wood floors, one big open space. This really sets the stage. The space is really well curated, but at the same time feels real, warm — like home. This can be a hard balance to make work, but it does so here. Thanks for sharing the pics!!

• Reply shelley March 17, 2012 at 3:26 pm

where is the coffee table from? gotta have it!

• Reply Anna Kucera March 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I love the art in the space. Would be interested to know the artist who painted the landscape behind the terrarium and the cherry/peach blossom behind the clear glass orb. Thanks!

• Reply Summer // House&Hold March 17, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Jeremy Harwell – your space is effortless, laid-back & stunning all at once — yes! I love it.

• Reply Amanda March 18, 2012 at 12:07 am

I would love to know where he got that couch?! It’s a gorgeous apartment and that couch … it’s well, awesome! :)

• Reply Chrystina Noel March 18, 2012 at 3:43 am

I like that it’s cozy – and that there is a LOT of inspiration in the room, but it doesn’t overwhelm. Oh, and that rug.

• Reply superdeluxe March 18, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I love that sofa. Is it new or vintage? And if new, where is it from? I love a structured sofa. The whole room is beautiful, lively and serene at the same time.

• Reply Renea March 20, 2012 at 12:45 am

Jeremy’s studio looks fantastic. I was so excited to see him featured here. Jeremy shot my wedding in May, and I can attest that he fabulously talented photographer with a real gift for capturing the light (and a fantastically nice guy to top it all off)!

• Reply Tania March 20, 2012 at 2:02 am

I love his space, everything about it from the open beam ceilings to the feminine pieces mixed in with midcentury classics. (I’m really jealous of the desk…I want the desk).

Work space and studio tours are my favorite. Home tours are wonderful too but there is something so inspiring about seeing a creative space.

• Reply design elements March 20, 2012 at 6:56 am

the most beautiful photographer’s studio I’ve seen.

• Reply the linen house March 21, 2012 at 5:28 pm

love love love the couch and pillows! i recently bought an aquamarine couch (original from the 1950s) and have been knocking myself out trying to figure out how to accessorize it…the simple black and white pillows and throw blanket and occasional furniture allows the peach couch to shine! i think i know which direction i’m going to take my living room now…

• Reply Alex March 28, 2012 at 2:51 am

That couch is all kinds of perfect!!

• Reply Mark April 10, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Just incredible! I really love the photography and wall art – it’s like the cherry on top!

• Reply Cheri June 19, 2012 at 1:56 am

I am obsessed with this sofa … any idea where I can find it? I’ve been struggling for inspiration for my home office/design studio … As soon as I saw these photos my room came to life! Thank you for sharing it. <3

• Reply Anne July 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Great style!
    Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Cathy D November 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Love the idea of making books part of the decor. I’ll have to keep that in mind instead of trying to stuff them all into my less-than-adequate bookshelf space :)

• Reply Wendy December 29, 2012 at 12:50 am

I love the little cactus terrarium. I will have to think about doing something like that for my desk. I like how you’ve contained the plants so they don’t make a mess. Your office space and other zones of your apartment are functional and pleasing to the eye. I’ve enjoyed seeing your photos. :)

• Reply Kate February 2, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Love this space! Does anyone know where I can find a framed train scroll like the one in these pics. I really love all the artwork on the walls. Thanks, Kx

• Reply Maggie Overby Studios April 12, 2014 at 7:37 am

I have a sofa very similar to Jeremy’s in a dark brown. I have been thinking of slip covering or re-upholstering it in a lighter color. I had been leaning toward a light blue but I have to say I am loving this pink sofa. May have found my inspiration! Lovely space, thanks for sharing.

• Reply taxi in kerala December 9, 2014 at 10:40 am

welcome back..,really beautiful ..thanks for share