Creative Studio Tour of Photographer Jeremy Harwell

Hello friends! How are you today? I’m so happy to be back home from NYC because I’ve missed blogging daily and feel so energized and motivated to write and connect with you once again. I thought I’d begin with a lovely post created exclusively for decor8. Ready?

Creative Studio Tour of Photographer Jeremy Harwell

I love a good tour – especially of a creative workspace since so many of us dream of having a nook (or entire studio) where we can do the things that we love in an environment that supports us in every way. This is the studio of photographer Jeremy Harwell who recently built a new studio for his photography and he wanted to share it with all of you today. I think it’s a gorgeous space and I hope that it inspires you!

Creative Studio Tour of Photographer Jeremy Harwell

About Jeremy, “He started his own freelance business in 1992 working as a photojournalist for several newspapers, covering news events as well as professional sports. He recently spent 8 years at Ralph Lauren, where he was the Creative Director for the New York stores as well as shooting fashion and interiors. In 2003 Jeremy and family moved to Georgia to live the simple life and start a studio in Senoia… Jeremy has won numerous awards including Wedding and Portrait Photographers International Accolades of Excellence. He has also been published in Bride and Modern Brides magazine.” I love reading about his journey and how long he has worked in his field – his blog shows so many gorgeous examples of his work, I encourage you to check it out for loads of eye candy inspiration!

What do you love about his photography studio? I love that it is both masculine and a bit feminine, I think the interior is well thought out as he deals with a lot of brides so having that feminine touch is essential in the decor. I adore the soda, that pale salmon is gorgeous and works so nicely with the brown and green tones. I also love his big silver LG monitors, they look great but also quite classy for a monitor. What do you think?

(images: Jeremy Harwell)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on March 15, 2012

1. Mandy commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 2:42pm

I can’t stop staring at that couch! I love the color!!! Such beautiful photos.
    xoxo
    Mandy
    Mandy´s last blog post ..Books: The Lost Art

2. Samira commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 2:46pm

So glad you are back !! Love this space!!!

3. Inés commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 2:55pm

I love this concept! It warm and modern….

Big hugs!
    Inés
    Inés´s last blog post ..Classy White…

4. eisha commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 2:59pm

what a nice studio! feels like home! such a beuty :)
    eisha´s last blog post ..Top 5 websites u should read if u are postgraduates students

5. etsy stalkers commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 3:10pm

this makes me want to de-clutter my entire house and start over – love!
    etsy stalkers´s last blog post ..Can’t breathe. Head in cloud. Send help.

6. Jeremy Harwell commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 3:14pm

Holly,

Thank you so much for the wondeful post! I am so humbled and honored to be on your blog! I am continually inspired by your work!
    Jeremy Harwell´s last blog post ..New Studio featured on Decor8

7. tinajo commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 3:15pm

Such lovely pics! Love the cactus collection and the pretty sofa! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Dear Thursday.

8. Mariella commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 3:22pm

absolutely gorgeous, there is nothing I don’t like in this space, the fact that it is a photographer studio just adds some charm, thanks for sharing it here Holly!
    Mariella´s last blog post ..In Italy, in China

9. María commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 3:31pm

It’s beautiful!! I love it.
    María´s last blog post ..Aceite corporal de Lotus Ongkara de Etre Belle

10. Kimberly Jones commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 3:36pm

I love how the studio feels spare, but is still filled with interesting things. My favorite elements are the vignettes with books and the color palette. Very sophisticated but pretty!
    Kimberly Jones´s last blog post ..Pinboard + French General

11. Karena commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 3:47pm

Stunning. It is sparse in a way yet very intriguing! I love his book collection!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    Karena´s last blog post ..Fresh Produce for Springtime An Artful Giveaway!

12. kalanicut commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 5:02pm

Oh, this space had me at the ceiling beams and the green palm fronts in the beautiful white vase. This space has the most amazing feeling of peace & creativity. My first thought was “Oh this is a place where your mind would feel clear to be creative.” Thanks for sharing Holly!
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..Sunshiny Gift For Spring 2012

13. Jessica Senti commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 5:07pm

So lovely! :)
    Jessica Senti´s last blog post ..{Lovely Pins} A Little Green And Gold

14. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 6:46pm

This is beautiful! I love the large print.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..My favorite building in Denton, Texas

15. Trina commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 8:16pm

So gorgeous! Love the couch, the dark woodwork and well all of it. Great feature, Holly!
    xo . trina
    Trina´s last blog post ..Always With Butter

16. Veronica commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 10:24pm

I love everything about his photography studio, but what jumps out to me the most is the sofa and beams. Gorgeous.
    Veronica´s last blog post ..Recipe For Color: Blue and Orange

17. Bettina commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 11:12pm

Books and flowers make all the different when styling! Very inviting space!

18. SALLI @ TIIPII commented
    March 15th, 2012 at 11:54pm

Love the desk! And the amount of light in the studio. The colour of the sofa is also fabulous. A very nice room.

19. becky commented
    March 16th, 2012 at 9:17pm

I am not sure which is more beautiful, the space or the photographs of the space!

20. Melissa commented
    March 17th, 2012 at 12:01am

Gorgeous space! I love the coral pink of the sofa with the black and white patterns and flokati pillow. Is it possible to find out more about that sofa? I’m feeling a little obsessed with it…

21. Rachel {little bits of lovely} commented
    March 17th, 2012 at 12:30am

So lovely; I adore the black + white palette mixed in with beautiful shades of pink. The details are beautiful xx

22. Jeremy Harwell commented
    March 17th, 2012 at 4:01am

Thank you all for the very kind comments!

23. brianhughes commented
    March 17th, 2012 at 11:58am

Love the giant windows … ah, all that natural light! Ceiling height, wood floors, one big open space. This really sets the stage. The space is really well curated, but at the same time feels real, warm — like home. This can be a hard balance to make work, but it does so here. Thanks for sharing the pics!!
    brianhughes´s last blog post ..SR Spring Sale

24. shelley commented
    March 17th, 2012 at 3:26pm

where is the coffee table from? gotta have it!

25. Anna Kucera commented
    March 17th, 2012 at 6:51pm

I love the art in the space. Would be interested to know the artist who painted the landscape behind the terrarium and the cherry/peach blossom behind the clear glass orb. Thanks!

26. Summer // House&Hold commented
    March 17th, 2012 at 10:59pm

Jeremy Harwell – your space is effortless, laid-back & stunning all at once — yes! I love it.

27. Amanda commented
    March 18th, 2012 at 12:07am

I would love to know where he got that couch?! It’s a gorgeous apartment and that couch … it’s well, awesome! :)

28. Chrystina Noel commented
    March 18th, 2012 at 3:43am

I like that it’s cozy – and that there is a LOT of inspiration in the room, but it doesn’t overwhelm. Oh, and that rug.
    Chrystina Noel´s last blog post ..I always buy something when I go in west elm

29. superdeluxe commented
    March 18th, 2012 at 3:40pm

I love that sofa. Is it new or vintage? And if new, where is it from? I love a structured sofa. The whole room is beautiful, lively and serene at the same time.

30. Renea commented
    March 20th, 2012 at 12:45am

Jeremy’s studio looks fantastic. I was so excited to see him featured here. Jeremy shot my wedding in May, and I can attest that he fabulously talented photographer with a real gift for capturing the light (and a fantastically nice guy to top it all off)!

31. Tania commented
    March 20th, 2012 at 2:02am

I love his space, everything about it from the open beam ceilings to the feminine pieces mixed in with midcentury classics. (I’m really jealous of the desk…I want the desk).

Work space and studio tours are my favorite. Home tours are wonderful too but there is something so inspiring about seeing a creative space.
    Tania´s last blog post ..March Photo a Day Mashup…

32. design elements commented
    March 20th, 2012 at 6:56am

the most beautiful photographer’s studio I’ve seen.
    design elements´s last blog post ..Photographer’s Studio

33. the linen house commented
    March 21st, 2012 at 5:28pm

love love love the couch and pillows! i recently bought an aquamarine couch (original from the 1950s) and have been knocking myself out trying to figure out how to accessorize it…the simple black and white pillows and throw blanket and occasional furniture allows the peach couch to shine! i think i know which direction i’m going to take my living room now…

34. Alex commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 2:51am

That couch is all kinds of perfect!!

35. Mark commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 6:52pm

Just incredible! I really love the photography and wall art – it’s like the cherry on top!

36. Cheri commented
    June 19th, 2012 at 1:56am

I am obsessed with this sofa … any idea where I can find it? I’ve been struggling for inspiration for my home office/design studio … As soon as I saw these photos my room came to life! Thank you for sharing it. <3

37. Anne commented
    July 12th, 2012 at 6:57pm

Great style!
    Thanks for sharing.

38. Cathy D commented
    November 28th, 2012 at 11:48pm

Love the idea of making books part of the decor. I’ll have to keep that in mind instead of trying to stuff them all into my less-than-adequate bookshelf space :)

39. Wendy commented
    December 29th, 2012 at 12:50am

I love the little cactus terrarium. I will have to think about doing something like that for my desk. I like how you’ve contained the plants so they don’t make a mess. Your office space and other zones of your apartment are functional and pleasing to the eye. I’ve enjoyed seeing your photos. :)
    Wendy´s last blog post ..Writing Space: Steampunk Office

40. Kate commented
    February 2nd, 2014 at 2:54pm

Love this space! Does anyone know where I can find a framed train scroll like the one in these pics. I really love all the artwork on the walls. Thanks, Kx

41. Maggie Overby Studios commented
    April 12th, 2014 at 7:37am

I have a sofa very similar to Jeremy’s in a dark brown. I have been thinking of slip covering or re-upholstering it in a lighter color. I had been leaning toward a light blue but I have to say I am loving this pink sofa. May have found my inspiration! Lovely space, thanks for sharing.
    Maggie Overby Studios´s last blog post ..Comment on Spring Break In Freiburg, Germany by aneye4detail