Wayfare Magazine

Hello lovely friends! It’s Friday and the sun is huge in the sky here shining all around like a total show off hot shot and I love it! The best part is that it will continue throughout the weekend and be hanging around for all of next week so I can get out and about to some gardens and parks, bring my camera, and snappity snap snap! Speaking of being out and about…

Wayfare Magazine

I JUST found out the scoop yesterday over at Little Brown Pen about Wayfare magazine and I flipped through the pilot issue of this lovely travel-focused e-mag about to make its grand debut this summer. Seems my friend Nichole knows (and blogged about) her meet up with the Prêt à Voyager blogger who works for Wayfare, Anne Ditmeyer (the magazine’s art director) which is how I found out about it. Good news travels fast thanks to wee little things called blogs and Nichole is always in the loop. She’s SUCH a star.

Wayfare Magazine

Wayfare is, in a nutshell, a more fancy pants travel mag meant to one up the cheesy newsstand variety out there since it’s presenting itself as more than just a place to find generic travel destinations. To me, Wayfare is all about embracing the wanderlust lifestyle that so many seem to have, especially lately. Most of us not only dream of travel but dream of leaving it all behind and relocating to our dream destination.

Wayfare Magazine

It’s funny though, ever since relocating from Boston to northern Germany, I’ve spent a lot of time discussing wanderlust with my friends here and in other European countries and unlike my American pals, a lot less of them are interested in relocating to a new country to start all over again. When I poll my American girlfriends it’s like 8 out of 10 want to relocate (mostly to Paris!) and nearly all of them would if family and jobs didn’t tie them to their current spot. If you have entertained the thought of leaving it all behind, feel like taking a virtual vacation, need new ideas as to where to travel or simply want to live vicariously through others, Wayfare promises to feed your wanderlust cravings with stories of daring souls who are out there doing their thing.

Wayfare Magazine

Wayfare mag

Wayfare mag

Wayfare is as much about travel and relocation as good presentation and well written text. Great layouts, good looking fonts and the fact that they go beyond theme parks, NYC, Paris, Vegas, London and Rome gives it a major thumbs up from me. Not that I don’t like mags featuring top destinations but hey, it’s cool to see what’s going on in Burundi, Ontario and western Oregon for instance — which their pilot issue just-so-happens to cover.

So there you have it, another e-mag on its way to digital newsstands nearest to you. Check out their pilot issue HERE.

(images: screenshots from wayfare mag)

Posted by decor8 in travel on March 23, 2012

1. AnnOnandOn commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 12:45pm

This sounds great. I look forward to taking more time to enjoy it this weekend. (with a little coffee in hand.)

2. Lykke commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 12:46pm

Wow. really nice magazine! The colors, the design, love it!
    Lykke´s last blog post ..Die Woche in Streifen VIII

3. Samira commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 1:21pm

great post!! Happy weekend!
    Samira´s last blog post ..Poblano Pasta with Shrimp

4. Sandra commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 1:41pm

Remember the old days when all we had were travel guides from a bookshop or library? Years out of date even when brand new? And so many of the recommendations were sponsored and would rarely be made by locals of you only knew someone.

I am a big travel lover and am so happy to see mags like this. Different destinations, great photos and styling, and a fresh take on travel.

Thanks for this!
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Learning to take some photographs – tabletop ones

5. Sandra commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 1:42pm

That’s IF you only knew someone…iPhone!
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Learning to take some photographs – tabletop ones

6. Helen commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 2:55pm

This e-mag looks great, I’m a travel junkie so it’s right up my street. Interesting reading your relocation comments, I packed up my things and left England for the USA about 6 years ago. I miss Europe but this is home now and I love it.

Have a great weekend.

7. Ría commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 3:12pm

Great! now I have more things to read.
    Thanks.

Ría´s last blog post ..4 Things.

8. Tina Ramchandani commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 3:51pm

I loved this e-mag’s first issue! And hubs and I plan on relocating before we get totally tied down or too used to this lifestyle. Inspiring magazing and great write up Holly!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Sunny Days {plus} Links of the Week

9. Alexis commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 4:38pm

This looks great, thank you for sharing. I love having inspiring things to look at, and photos of other places are always on my list of great things to do. It does seem like the desire to move elsewhere is more prominent in America. I don’t think I met a single person when I lived in Germany who wanted to move away, but I hadn’t really thought about it before.
    Alexis´s last blog post ..From my own home

10. Giulia commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 7:21pm

Interesting thoughts on relocating – US vs European. I grew up in Europe and relocated to Canada 8 years ago. Don’t you find that many don’t find the need to relocate if they live in Europe because other cultures etc. are so close? I find US and Canadians tend to relocate to get a different experience, those two large countries are just too similar to get that big change? Maybe it also spurs from a genetic drive to re-locate as a large % of Canadians and US citizen come from descendants that relocated to North America? And I find Australians really want to relocate because they are just so far from most things. I guess we’ll never know, but the magazine is lovely – someone had tweeted it a couple of weeks back and I enjoyed it very much.
    Sorry for the long comment:) and have a great weekend.
    Giulia´s last blog post ..Friday Food Files

11. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 7:34pm

Hurray for new mags!! This one looks gorgeous! Can’t wait to begin my armchair adventure! Thanks for sharing!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Great Outdoors: Glamping

12. Sacred & Profane Designs commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 8:40pm

Love it!!! The world needs more blogs and many more wonderful magazines!

13. Rain commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 10:55pm

Your’re aware that a typo sneaked into the last but one paragraph? “Warfare is as much about travel and relocation…” Admittedly, many thorugh the ages have satisfied their wanderlust by signing up for military service (males mostly), but I prefer the Wayfare way of doing it!

Looking forward to perusing the magazine – although i suspect it will seriously inflame my wanderlust!

Love, Rain

14. desiree - vosgesparis commented
    March 23rd, 2012 at 11:24pm

thanks for a great piece! off to check it out .
    desiree – vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Really cool stairs with an industrial workspace

15. Chantal {luxxury livving} commented
    March 24th, 2012 at 5:38am

Hello lovely Holly! Thanks for telling us about this, I can wait to read it! I’ve never travelled and it’s a dream of mine, I’m sure this will spark the flame to start dreaming of beautiful adventures.
    Thanks!
    xoxo
    Chantal {luxxury livving}´s last blog post ..Lonny – March-April 2012 – Issue Out Now

16. kristin johnsen commented
    March 24th, 2012 at 4:37pm

Thanks! I’m going to check out their pilot issue – looks great from the photos you shared with us!
    kristin johnsen´s last blog post ..Inspiration and renewal

17. Angela commented
    March 24th, 2012 at 4:41pm

Love this post, Holly! Thanks for the heads up.
    Angela´s last blog post ..Aran Goyoaga

18. Patti Trostle commented
    March 25th, 2012 at 1:29am

Loved reading this and looking at all the great pics! Thank you!

19. Donaville commented
    March 25th, 2012 at 1:58am

Such a pretty publication. I spy Susie Ghahremani’s “Bon Voyage” travel journal in one of the photos, too!
    Donaville´s last blog post ..Wild About: March 23, 2012

20. Erica Dublin commented
    March 25th, 2012 at 9:47pm

What a lovely review! Thank you! I’ve been a fan of Decor8 for years, so I was thrilled to see this before starting the weekend. For those interested, check out Oh Happy Day or Design Mom for some transplant wanderlust. I am one of those Americans who would happily pick up the family and move to a new place every year. travel on…

21. Lauren O'Neill commented
    March 25th, 2012 at 9:57pm

Thanks so much for the wonderful feature, Holly! Glad to hear you’re loving Wayfare :)

Cheers!
    Lauren // Art Director, Wayfare Magazine

22. Lisa commented
    March 25th, 2012 at 10:26pm

Beautiful magazine love that they included Lake Ontario…they should have kept going to the Sandbanks in Prince Edward County because of the vineyards, farm land would have blown them away…who knows maybe in the next issue eh!