Meet Nicky & Max in Berlin

Extra! Extra! Photography, recipes and food styling to love straight from Berlin today! I recently heard about Nicky & Max, or Nicola Walsh and Max Faber, from a decor8 reader in Ottawa (thanks Giulia!) and I had to blog about them given that I live so close and of course, Ich liebe Berlin!

Meet Nicky & Max

Nicky is a photographer originally from London who relocated to Berlin last year for a different way of life. Max is her work partner who is from Berlin but has lived in France and in many German cities cooking, styling and eating his way around – he started cooking when he was only 17 years old and now he is unstoppable. Together, Nicky & Max work on projects and share a lovely blog written in both English and German that you have to check out. Here are some examples of their work. Try not to drool on your keyboard!

Meet Nicky & Max

Meet Nicky & Max

Meet Nicky & Max

Meet Nicky & Max

Meet Nicky & Max

Meet Nicky & Max

I hope to eventually meet them and learn more about their work but for now, you have an introduction to some more great peeps who are creative that can inspire you today. Enjoy!

(images: nicky & max)

Posted by decor8 in food on March 29, 2012

1. Polly commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 3:59pm

Wow those photos are amazing! The food all looks so delicious – I am drooling over that pizza and the meringue chocolate tart. YUM. Thanks for sharing. x
    Polly´s last blog post ..Peanut Butter layered brownies

2. Giulia commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 4:30pm

I knew you’d like them ;) Glad you featured them.
    Giulia´s last blog post ..Raising the bed

3. Audrey - This Little Street commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 4:32pm

oh it all looks SO delicious!!! Getting hungry. :) Great to learn about their work!

4. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 4:36pm

Spectacular!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Found…

5. Igor commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 5:09pm

Great discovery – haven’t heard of them before!! Very inspiring indeed!
    Igor´s last blog post ..Lovin’ Designer Agneta Livijn

6. Tracy A. commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 5:40pm
  7. Bobbi commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 7:09pm

Amazing photos! They make you want to just fall right into the picture:)
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Fun Thing and a Not-so-fun Thing

8. Ciara commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 7:14pm

Wow I want to hang some of these images on my wall…and figure out how I’m going to get my hands on something good for dinner now that I’ve worked up an appetite! Beautiful work!

9. Holly commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 7:29pm

Truly mouthwatering! Plus, ich liebe Berlin auch ;)

xx.
    Holly´s last blog post ..Featured Online Shop – PaperBoy Wallpaper

10. Victoria commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 8:12pm

Oh, delightful! And at least
    : )))…. as good as eating these things….
    Victoria´s last blog post ..Sail away

11. Kristin Johnsen commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 9:40pm

These are just beautiful! I’m on a restricted diet right now, but in a couple of weeks I need to find that chocolate tart or whatever it is with the meringue on top!!!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..New Theme: On Demand

12. Greta commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 11:11pm

Stunning photos! Thanks a lot for sharing and for a very nice blog!
    Greta´s last blog post ..Acorn

13. Ruth commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 2:35am

Beautiful photos! Now I feel like waffles…
    Ruth´s last blog post ..Black and white spiced up with fuchsia -what a great mix!

14. Melissa Collison commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 3:53am

It’s lunch time here in Sydney, Australia and just looking at the pizza on the brown paper made my mouth water. The photos are excellent. I can feel the crunch of the crust just looking at the picture. Just got to decide now whether to finish off with the waffle or the chocolate tart or the pudding. Delicious. I think I am now a fan…

15. deneise b commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 4:06am

very nice…I just took some pictures for my blog and thought well they look alright and then I see this and say…. dang those are good!

16. Patti Trostle commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 5:18am

Everything looks so good! Beautiful photography too!

17. Carol commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 5:30am

They are truly a work of art. Nicky and Max knows how to produce a good presentation. Everything looks delicious.
    Carol´s last blog post ..DTS Home

18. Sarah commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 11:02am

oh now see now I am just feeling hungry & its on 10am scrutious looking images

19. Helene commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 8:00pm

great tip Holly, thanks!
    Helene´s last blog post ..{everything will turn out all right?}

20. KellyGreeny commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 6:45pm

Wow, amazing photos! Great textures and colors.
    P.S. where can I get that awesome waffle maker?!

21. Chrystina commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 4:52am

I love how every shot focuses on the details. These would look great blown up in a kitchen :)
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..easter “egg” hunts