La Tartine Gourmade

I was so happy to learn that La Tartine Gourmade blogger Béatrice Peltre has a book out since February under the same name, La Tartine Gourmande, and though I don’t have a copy I’m sure it’s truly inspiring and delicious in every way. How could it not be? Béa is superfab. One look at her photos below and if you don’t already know her you will definitely want to…

La Tartine Gourmade

If you’re not familiar with Béa, she works out of her home studio as a blogger and freelance food writer, food stylist and photographer in Boston. I wish I had known about her before I moved away from Boston in 2009 as I would have enjoyed meeting up with Béa. I’m always keen on meeting stylists as I find their creative perspectives rich and interesting. Her work has been covered in a slew of great publications including The New York Times Dining Journal, Food and Wine, the Washington Post, Saveur, The Chicago Tribune and the Boston Globe along with a bevy of blogs. Just look at her work — my goodness, no wonder she’s so well known.

La Tartine Gourmade

La Tartine Gourmade

La Tartine Gourmade

La Tartine Gourmade

What I admire about Béa is how organic and artistic her work looks and feels. It seems to come very naturally to arrange her handmade creations onto pretty plates set against floral textiles with a sprig tossed here, a cracked shell there, a piece of crusty bread off to the side… I love the perfect little imperfections in her styling as that is very close to my own work and heart and what I admire more than the perfectly perfect styling that I see in lots of magazines where nothing feels casual and you know a ton of work, conversations and equipment went into a single image – and the photo almost feels watered down and uptight as a result. This isn’t the case here with Béa. Her photos do not feel labored over (though I’m guessing they are!) and that is a beautiful, delicate art – and to me, what makes a good stylist amazing, inspiring and one to follow.

La Tartine Gourmade

La Tartine Gourmade

La Tartine Gourmade

Again, this isn’t a book review as I don’t have the book (yet!) but if you are looking for gorgeous food, stories and recipes then visit La Tartine Gourmade, the book or the blog – and her blog just-so-happens to be the decor8 blog of the week so definitely check it out!

Nom nom!

(images: Béatrice Peltre)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, Books + Magazines on April 10, 2012

1. cv love commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 1:59pm

Loving book!

2. Kristina commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 2:04pm

Absolutely beautiful! I have followed her blog for a few years and it is always so inspiring. Thank you for featuring this talented lady and her book.
    Kristina´s last blog post ..Hawthorn Hollow

3. Iva Y commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 2:15pm

This is a great example how fresh homemade (healthy) food can look SO beautiful! :)

Gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing! I’ll be sure to check out her blog and her book :)
    Iva Y´s last blog post ..Peace of mind

4. Rebecca commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 2:17pm

Yum! I’m drooling at the pics as well as the food! Such beautiful styling x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..a little update in the land of littletree…

5. Tina Ramchandani commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 2:19pm

I can’t get over all the pattern and color in her food shots! Most food images I’ve seen have a simple background to let the food shine but her patterned background are not as distracting as I thought they would be. I can’t wait to see the book!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..The Print Makers

6. STYLIZIMO commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 2:49pm

Oh, my! How can we not love this? This girl sure knows how to make food looks extra tempting. I´d love to get a copy of her book so I can see more of this.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter, Holly.
    //Nina
    STYLIZIMO´s last blog post ..Soften it up?

7. salma commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 3:01pm

nice & pretty :)

8. Nic @ Yardage Design commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 4:33pm

I have the book and it s wonderful ~ not just the recipes but the words around them and, of course, the photography. Truly mouthwatering. Love everything La Tartine Gourmande!
    Nic @ Yardage Design´s last blog post ..lisbon, portugal

9. KellyGreeny commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 6:37pm

Great photos! Love the use of brightly colored, flower patterned tablecloths. I feel like you don’t see that too often and it really works to compliment the colors of the bowls and food! I’ll have to check this book out!

10. Casa e Cose commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 6:58pm

I didnt know her blog: what warmth it gives of – if a blog can do that? Looked at her book on amazon and it does look great!
    I like the way her photos also has an everyday look to it: under the pie there is a fabric/ hand protecter ( dont know the name ), the radishes are in water as they should be etc etc. Looks like she is actually cooking and not only taking gorgeioius photos.
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..A foot in France

11. Antonina commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 7:53pm

Amazing photos!!! Looks wonderful!!

12. Erin M. commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 8:03pm

Love, love, Love La Tartine. Her book is great, not just a book based on a blog, but filled with more personal details about her upbringing in France and her approach to food on daily basis. Whenever anyone I know is looking to learn to cook and enjoy food more, I tell them that her site is the first one to visit.
    Erin M.´s last blog post ..Sunny Day Sweet Potato Soup

13. Audrey - This Little Street commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 8:09pm

Funny, I just featured one of Bea’s recipes today on my blog :) Here: http://www.thislittlestreet.com/blog/2012/04/10/live-here-eat-that-modern-vintage/ It’s a small town we live in ;)

I love her work, I need to get my hands on her book!

14. snur commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 8:35pm

so adorable photos.. so much inspiring..

15. Alison Gibb commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 9:41pm

Wow…thank goodness I have just had supper – otherwise I might be fainting with hunger by now!
    Alison Gibb´s last blog post ..Doug’s Easter Surprise

16. Rona commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 10:25pm

What stunning and uplifting images in your blog post today Holly…I especially love the complementary and clashing floral backgrounds which Béatrice has used!

17. Lauren commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 11:06pm

i love colorful food!!!! and usually colorful food means really healthy food. these photos are stunning
    Lauren´s last blog post ..A Space to Paint

18. Patti Trostle commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 12:19am

You are right. She has made the food look not only good to eat, but the photo’s are wonderful!!

19. decor8 commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 12:43am

@Rona: Thank you! How are you doing? We are in a magazine together, did that make you smile too?

20. Sarah commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 12:51am

Looks really LOVELY Holly, I love the photos and you are right, it looks so ‘casual.’ Thanks for the tip, I will look for the book! ;-))
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Gotta have these…

21. Jennifer Carroll commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 12:59am

Stunning, stunning, stunning! Holly, yet again you have taken me down the rabbit hole and into a wonderful dream world by way of Bea’s blog. I agree the imperfection of her photos are what make them perfect! They are snapshots of a live being lived – a story in process…. dreamy & delightful! Thank you so, so much!

22. Sari commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 8:45am

Lovely images!
    They make me hungry and want new table cloths :)

Thanks for sharing!
    Love, Sari
    Sari´s last blog post ..DESSERT SWEETHEARTS

23. ELENA commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 11:05am

Now i have to go cook!It is inspiring book! :)

24. Daniel - Let me be inspired commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 1:48pm

Hi, wonderful pictures!! I get sooo hungry =) Have a great day!!
    Daniel – Let me be inspired´s last blog post ..A wonderful apartment in Finland

25. Tracy A. commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 1:58pm

What lovely visuals! I have only recently discovered the enjoyment of root vegetables – so her shots are quite inspiring!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..“A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles” ~ Tim Cahill

26. heckety commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 2:02pm

Even if I didn’t cook or eat I’d want these photographs hanging on my kitchen wall- even the photography is good enough to eat. And yes, the fresh, uncluttered food looks delicious, and I am NOT a foodie!

27. Sandra commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 2:30pm

Her little quirky details in each shot are perfect. The glittery something in the bowl of carrots, the unironed blue fabric with creases. And the lighting is perfection. It’s your colour palette too Holly!

You’ve introduced me to do many great food photographers and stylists – so much inspiration to learn more…

28. Pink Ronnie commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 2:53pm

These photos have taken my breath away. Stunning work.
    Ronnie xo
    Pink Ronnie´s last blog post ..Hello there, welcome to my studio space

29. Phils Richard commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 3:53pm

You surely have a sense of dining art. I love the colors of the photos. Well-captured. Who taught you to be so creative? Is it inborn or learned? Keep sharing your talent.

-Phils

30. Joyce commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 3:57pm

I just bought this book and find it so inspiring. Most of the recipes are gluten free, which isn’t immediately obvious. I just learned my daughter and I have celiac, so it’s great to find a book that promotes healthy eating in such a positive (and beautiful!) way. The photography is stunning.

31. Maria @ All Things Luxurious commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 5:11pm

What beautiful photos! Wow. They are so bright and cheery, and the food looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!
    Maria @ All Things Luxurious´s last blog post ..Tolix Chair Round-Up

32. Lindsay at Bliss & Whimsy commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 7:55pm

Beautiful!! I am loving the styling in her photos. So inspiring. Total eye candy! Can’t wait to see more…

33. parisbreakfast commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 12:07am

Exquisite work!
    merci Carolg
    parisbreakfast´s last blog post ..Red Shoes

34. Carmen commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 5:17am

La Tartine Gourmade newly heard to me. But I found it interesting, the picture makes my mouth watery.
    Carmen´s last blog post ..Chamonix Chalet

35. CHIARA STELLA HOME commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 11:00am

Delicious photos! very fresh for this starting spring! Thanks for sharing!

36. Liz commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 11:38am

The post made me hungry. I love eat colored foods, it was pretty attractive to me. Thanks that you’ve posted.
    Liz´s last blog post ..Hcg diet reviews

37. Jennifer commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 2:48pm

Is that a radish? It was a cute one. I think it tastes delicious. Please keep posting such interesting post like this.
    Jennifer´s last blog post ..Good Low Carb Diets

38. kiki commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 4:59pm

Thanx, Holly for showing this wonderful pictures!!!
    Of course I will visit her blog, it looks so yummy!
    Kiki
    kiki´s last blog post ..Anthropology inspired…

39. tiffany commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 9:28pm

what a lovely post! la tartine gourmande is one of my favorite blogs and i also own the book! too intimidated to make anything just yet, but i wanted to say that it’s a phenomenal cookbook – the explanations of the ingredients and tools are very good. my favorite part? EACH recipe has a picture! love love love.

40. Andreia commented
    April 13th, 2012 at 11:44am

It’s great to have you back Holly!

“La Tartine Gourmande” is definitely a ‘must have’, thanks for sharing it with us.

Can’t wait to know more about your new book too!

Wish you a wonderful week!

41. lorena commented
    April 13th, 2012 at 3:16pm

lovely recipes! love the tablecloths that she uses…

42. nathalie commented
    April 13th, 2012 at 5:41pm

i hope Béatrice’s book will be translated in French (like yours :) as it makes a gorgeous gift for family and friends in France …
    nathalie´s last blog post ..ici et ailleurs

43. Eva commented
    April 14th, 2012 at 7:27pm

Fabulous!!!!
    Eva´s last blog post ..Um Final de Semana Inspirador!

44. Lim Seng commented
    April 15th, 2012 at 8:56am

Very interesting. Nice picture!

45. Glenda Childers commented
    April 15th, 2012 at 11:04am

The spring-like nature of her photos is so refreshing.
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Welcome to the … Ultimate Blog Party 2012

46. Kathryn Cumming commented
    April 16th, 2012 at 8:19am

So gorgeous and colourful.

You are right, the relaxed and casual feel about these photos is so much nicer then ‘perfect’ styling.

47. Pamela commented
    April 16th, 2012 at 8:46am

What a delicious recipe..I love it thanks for sharing..I cant wait to try..
    Pamela´s last blog post ..Hot Tub Repair

48. Petriina commented
    April 16th, 2012 at 1:18pm

Thanks, lovely lovely pics! Delicious!
    Petriina´s last blog post ..Terassin tuunausta- The terrace touch up

49. Shabby Chic commented
    April 16th, 2012 at 3:38pm

Looks like an amazing book/blog. I love the colour and composition of the photo’s.
    Shabby Chic´s last blog post ..Your kitchen reno- back splashes

50. TheAvarice commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 1:40am

My goodness. This brings new meaning to a feast for the eyes. I am loving these photos and I can’t wait to try her recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    TheAvarice´s last blog post ..Obsessed: Judi Roaman

51. Laura Trevey commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 2:28pm

Judging by these photos, the book MUST be amazing!! I have that Anthropologie bowl too and love it ~ great post and thanks for the tip on this book. It would be a great present for Mother’s Day :)
    Laura Trevey´s last blog post ..The New Look for BB&B

52. melly commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 3:54pm

The photos are stunning! I love how they are so vibrant and colorful. I wonder what camera she uses! And oh, I haven’t seen her blog yet but I will surely follow her after this.

Thanks for sharing!

-Melly
    melly´s last blog post ..how to seduce a woman

53. Chelsea commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 4:04pm

I am not familiar with Bea but she, as well as her book sounds really interesting and delectable respectively. If you have other infos and updates, would you please share it with us?

Really great post Thank you!
    -Chelsea

54. Monica commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 5:02pm

Super nice photos!!! Thanks for sharing, didn’t know about her.
    Monica´s last blog post ..I told you, is a CUYES invasion…!!

55. Reem | Simply Reem commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 6:28pm

I just bought this book… Amazing!!!
    I love Bea photography and food and this book is a like a treasure from her…

56. Kelly @ Studio DIY commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 7:10pm

Was just flipping through this book at the store the other day, it’s absolutely gorgeous! Food photography + styling at it’s finest!
    Kelly @ Studio DIY´s last blog post ..DIY Fringe Treat Bags

57. Shyamala commented
    April 17th, 2012 at 8:27pm

Dear Holly,

yes her blog is lovely isnt it? I have been following her blog for a few years and her pictures and recipes are so inspiring..

BTW I was at the doctors earlier today and finished scouring 3 copies of Schönes Wohnen in the waiting room in the 90 odd minutes that I had to wait. And was very pleasantly surprised to see ur interview in the March issue (I think it is March). Very nice Holly!

:- )
    Shyamala

58. Erin commented
    April 18th, 2012 at 1:48am

Who knew food coud look so perfect in pictures! I love the colors used! Looks to perfect to eat

xoxo

59. Linda Brown commented
    April 18th, 2012 at 2:11am

The photos were fantastic. I was thinking of a nice birthday gift for myself, and I think that I have decided to give myself the book. Do you know where can I purchase it, better if I can online. Thanks for sharing this!

Cheers,
    Linda
    Linda Brown´s last blog post ..how to pick up girls

60. Inés commented
    April 18th, 2012 at 9:20am

ABSOLUTE GREAT, THE PICS LOOKS LIKE A FAIRY TALE. IT IS ABSOLUT LOVELY.
    Inés´s last blog post ..Estuche

61. Butterfly Lane commented
    April 18th, 2012 at 1:41pm

What incredible photography, just summer and sunshine in an image!
    Butterfly Lane´s last blog post ..Table Style: Elegant Ideas for Decorating a Table

62. Susanne commented
    April 18th, 2012 at 6:46pm

hi holly, your real smile is even more wonderful :-) – thank you for your kind words on the market. enjoy the spring evening! susanne

63. Julia A. commented
    April 19th, 2012 at 12:09am

As I looked at all of the pictures, I just kept thinking…*sigh* I’d love to be invited to where ever THAT is for brunch.
    Beautiful!
    Julia A.´s last blog post ..Crochet Bowls

64. trish commented
    April 19th, 2012 at 4:12pm

picture say a thousand words. great pics and very inspiring for springtime.
    love that anthro bowl!!!
    trish´s last blog post ..The Entertaining Recipe

65. Lauren commented
    April 19th, 2012 at 5:18pm

What breathtaking pictures! This just made me want to head straight to the kitchen with my camera and some fabric and see what I can make!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..i love free plants

66. Chelsea commented
    April 23rd, 2012 at 8:20am

Delectable dishes for the whole family! I don’t know Béatrice Peltre but i would love to hear more about her and enjoy her dishes. Can you please post more pictures?

Thanks for sharing this!
    Regards!
    Chelsea´s last blog post ..How To Pick Up Girls

67. Elizabeth commented
    May 11th, 2012 at 10:20pm

I have the book and it is AWE inspiring. The little stories that accompany each recipe make you happy to live life – and affirmation that the human connection to food is what makes it worth eating.