Tah-da! I’m Back!

Hello friends! I’m back from a mini time off – Easter weekend here in Germany is equivalent to Christmas so things completely shut down for days and you are forced into down time whether you want it or not. Personally, I needed it. I have been working non-stop on several projects lately so I had to turn off and step away from the internet for a bit. I missed you though! It’s always so hard to step away, because one always feels like they are missing out. Do you ever feel this way?

albumpictM

I’ve been writing online now for quite awhile and so I’m locked into a routine and just go, go, go and push, push, push! It takes a holiday, getting ill, working on a shoot or something like that to push me away from my desk. I’m glad I took the extra long weekend off but my inbox didn’t seem to slow down and my work has piled up so it’s time to pay for my absence. Oh dear, right? You must relate to this. We have to pay for our freedom in one way or another and if a full inbox is my only stress then I consider myself lucky.

I’m so happy to be back to blogging again though, and though this week and next will be super light with posts because Debi Treloar is coming to work with me on this in my home next week for a few days and I’m busy preparing for her visit, I’m still around and will pop in throughout this week to keep you posted.

How are you? Did you take time off for Easter? What did you do? Are your jeans tight from all of the chocolate? Mine are. I started detoxing today. I’m sure to be a total crab/pain in the butt for the next few days… ha! Do you get crabby when you detox? Oh my goodness it’s not a fun time for me but I’ll be better off for it!

I’ve inserted a darling video above from kids company bla bla. I love their soft toys and I thought it was so precious. I also inserted a video about a cat that also caught my eye and made me smile. After a long weekend I find a little humor is needed because really, breaking back into a routine is no fun is it?

See you soon! Smile and tell me how you are if you have a moment….

(image: blah blah kids)

Posted by decor8 in News on April 10, 2012

1. Heather B commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 1:34pm

It’s good to have you back! I can’t wait to see your next book, it’s so exciting!
    Heather B´s last blog post ..Liberty Prints

2. Polly commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 1:36pm

So cute! Love the bla bla video and image. I’m glad you got to have a break – we all need one sometimes! I just had a good weekend break in Madrid, so back to reality for me too! xx
    Polly´s last blog post ..Little Nest Box

3. tinajo commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 1:50pm

I´ve missed your posts! :-)

Easter in my house was lazy and nice with lots of good food. Really lovely – and my kids and I will stay home for another week. :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Let´s bake a little cake, shall we..?!

4. April Louise commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 1:53pm

I know exactly what you mean although I’ve enjoyed having the holiday time to concentrate a little more on my blog because normally I wouldn’t have as much time!

5. Daniel commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 2:07pm

Hi and welcome back! I can totally understand to what you mean that the inbox do not take vacation! Love your image so cute!! Have a great day!

6. Janina commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 3:29pm

Thank you for the nice Video! It’s lovely!
    The bla bla dolls are super cute and make a nice decoration not only in kids rooms!

7. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 3:59pm

It’s nice to be forced to take a little break :) Welcome back!
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..DIY Necklace Pendant

8. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 4:37pm

I know what you mean & so glad you were able to take some time off. Those two videos are sooo cute! I love the cat one & I love the little alien/bug ? doll in the bla bla video who is constantly waving his antenna! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap & Chic

9. Nuit commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 4:44pm

what a darling post :D thanks for the smiles!

10. lebenslustiger commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 6:40pm

That cat video is hilarious – so well done! Thanks for sharing and yeah for the detox – no fun but a really good thing to do…
    lebenslustiger´s last blog post ..Copenhagen – outside colors

11. Samantha commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 9:59pm

One of the many things I miss about Germany is all the holidays, and how seriously Germans take their “down time”. We (Americans, anyway) could really learn from that; I’ve long thought it helps keep people happy and sane. :)

12. decor8 commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 10:22pm

@Samantha – TOTALLY. You’re right!!!

13. riye commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 10:43pm

Welcome back! And thank you so much for brightening my work day with the cat video!

Sadly no vacation anytime soon for this girl but that’s okay–I’ve got espresso this morning!

Take care!

14. Patti Trostle commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 12:22am

Glad you had some down time. Everyone needs it once in a while. Glad you are back though! Love the cat video!

15. Chrystina commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 4:51am

What did I do for Easter? The same thing my large Italian family does for every holiday. Eat. An entire Italian Antipasto, homemade manicotti and wayy too many desserts. I wouldn’t have it any other way :)
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..easter “egg” hunts

16. Lisa commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 11:17pm

Thank you SO MUCH for posting Paw de Deux. I laughed till tears rolled down my cheeks. Fabulous.

17. Pink Ronnie commented
    April 12th, 2012 at 11:59am

Happy for you you had a break – now hope clearing that inbox won’t prove to be too time-consuming or stressful!
    Ronnie xo
    Pink Ronnie´s last blog post ..Hello there, welcome to my studio space

18. deneise b commented
    April 13th, 2012 at 1:55am

probably good thing you ended up in Germany to slow you down. living there for four years, i took more walks, watched no t.v. and appreciated nature. i remember hardly any garbage to be seen. my landlord swept her street! glad you enjoyed your time off!