Big News! My Second Book!

Oh boy, this is going to be a long post – I can feel it. I was chatting with a reader lately and she asked why I’d not been writing on decor8 like a mad woman as per my usual. I told her that my book was taking all of my time and she replied, “Didn’t Decorate release one year ago, what else is there to do?” and it was in that moment that I realized something. I may have hinted at it or mentioned it in passing here and there but I never wrote an official post to tell you my exciting news and though I have no clue why something SO IMPORTANT slipped my mind I have to tell you — I’m writing my second book and it will be called the Decorate Notebook! The cover you see here is not the final cover, but it’s already on Amazon and ready for pre-sale.

Book Announcement

In case you’ve not seen me on decor8 as frequently, that is why. I promise to pick up the pace again soon, but I’m on deadline until mid May so my schedule will be upside down for a few more weeks before posting is back to normal. Thing is, I’ve been working since January on it and lately the deadlines have been keeping me up late at night and robbing me of time, showers, family gatherings, you name it – I’m under the gun and working hard to deliver a book that you will love. It’s a labor of love, tears, pacing the hallway, scribbling notes all over the house, late nights writing until the wee hours… It’s a very passion-filled adventure, for sure!

After Decorate I had to really think about whether or not I wanted to write another book. The last thing I wanted was write one after another after another – I’m not interested in doing books just to do books, you know? I had to give a lot of thought to what was REALLY missing out there in the sea of decorating books and it dawned on me the moment I did one thing and I encourage you to do the same when you are trying to develop a new idea. I asked what I would want out of a decorating book. That’s what you have to do, right? Ask what is missing, and what you would like to see. This applies to almost everything. I got busy with a pen and for weeks I created list after list. After listing, I found my answer and while I knew that I would have my work cut out for me I felt ready to write book #2 and put my heart and soul into it. I trusted my instincts, put my ideas into a proposal and pitched it to my publisher and a deal was struck over a period of months as the pitch was delivered shortly after Decorate released. My vision with this book is to create an approachable guide written in my own blogging voice that you can learn from but beyond giving you tips and ideas, it will be a book that makes you really THINK about your own ideas, style, and to really dig deep and explore what makes you tick and how to translate all of that into ideas that work.

In February, March and April, I scouted locations that put me on flights and trains in both the US and Europe. I met so many lovely homeowners and had a lot of fun with photographer Debi Treloar who shot Decorate with me in 2010. Last week, we did a shoot here in my own home so you can see how I live and work because doesn’t it make sense to share that in my own decorating book? So in book #2 you will see my home.

Blogging has brought me so much. It has helped me to make some of the most wonderful friends and to build an entirely new career from the ground up. It has helped me to build my confidence, develop courage and to really pinpoint exactly what I’m good at and how I can use my talents to make a bigger contribution – to my family, my friends, my readers and beyond. I want you to know that I am forever grateful to your love, support and encouragement. I’m not one of those bloggers who gets a book deal or becomes a success and forgets where she came from – my roots are always close and dear to me. When I first started decor8, I was a cocktail of passion and fear, a younger version of who I am today who had just left behind her career to embark on the unknown. Fear aside, I knew back then that I would have had huge regrets for not trying so I went for it not knowing where blogging would lead me. I gave up the great job and benefits and threw myself into blogging and decorating under the name of my little decorating practice called decor8. Over 7 years have passed and my life has changed so much. I’m still scared at times, especially now because Decorate is a very hard act to follow but you know what, I have decided that I don’t need to be scared – that I need to simply trust my gut and do my best work from the heart. In the end, isn’t that all any of us can do? Our best?

Last week I spent the day in London – I literally flew in for a meeting with my publisher that lasted from 10-6 pm, jumped back on a plane at 8pm and flew 50 minutes home. It was a whirlwind day, in fact I’ve had a lot of whirlwind days since beginning my second book but I am determined and look forward to taking you with me for the ride – as we finalize everything over the next few weeks including the text (there is no co-author this time, only me), font decisions, layout ideas, cover ideas… It’s been a really complicated and emotional process to say the least. Like all authors who work on very visual books, I’m very attached to the overall design and feel of the book – aside from the words in it – I want it to be pretty and special and to offer something different. That is why, and I’m so happy to be able to finally tell you this, that each book (at least the UK copy, unsure about the US) will come with a special surprise. I can’t tell you what it is yet, but I’m guessing you will really like it. I’ve never seen it used in a decorating book before so I’m hoping it will set a trend and that other authors will include something like it in their own books in the future, too.

Some of you who do know about the book have asked about another tour. I’m not sure if I’ll do a book tour with this one, it depends on sponsorship and ideas and who really wants me to come to their shop to present my book, teach a class, I’m open but also just unsure at the moment! My first book tour was sponsored by Anthropologie and Chronicle Books but we’ve not discussed a tour for this book yet so I’m unsure as to whether or not it will happen and when, how, etc. I’m thinking to have a launch party in London again (Liberty did the Decorate launch for me along with my publisher, Jacqui Small)  when the book releases in the UK and who knows, maybe I’ll have a launch in America too. I want to see everyone again, the first tour was so great – 20 cities total in both America and Europe – I would love to visit some of you again so I’ll definitely keep you posted. I hope to tour + teach again as I did the last time but we’ll have to wait and see…

BUT SERIOUSLY….I haven’t even thought through all of that yet, because in addition to this baby (my book) I am also trying to create a real baby! I finally felt the baby urge and though it’s a little later than I hoped, I’m just happy that I’m finally ready to have children and hope that I’ve not waiting too long. I’m staying positive though and so who knows, if I do go on another book tour or have a launch party, I may show up with a baby in my hands (my book) and another in my belly. Fingers crossed, that will be the case! But for now, one baby at a time — first, the book which will be born in October… Then, who knows? :) Maybe decor8, jr.?

So, I will end my little post with this. THANK YOU because I am so happy that I can finally really TALK about my book on my blog and I hope to share the news of it as it comes along.

(photo: holly becker)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on April 28, 2012

1. MoodKids - Maike commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:08pm

good for you! I will order this second one too, good to know that it’s coming soon
    MoodKids – Maike´s last blog post ..Philomeen’s Favourites – Week 12

2. Anita commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:15pm

Congratulation dear Holly on your second book! Go for it!
    These days I will get your first book, I order on Amazon and my very best friends from Arizona will bring it to me in June. I am so happy about that!
    have a nice weekend1
    annie
    Anita´s last blog post ..// kitchen – lovely details //

3. Theresa commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:21pm

Congratulations on all of it, Holly! Your enthusiasm and passion shows just in this post, so I can only imagine how much more you’re pouring into the book. I will keep an eye on this space for more forthcoming news. Now, head down and good luck! You will no doubt meet every deadline and create something amazing. Sending you lots of good energy.
    Theresa´s last blog post ..{at this moment…}

4. Jessica Senti commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:22pm

Holly –

As with anything you do, I can’t for the new book! I’m very intrigued to see what you do next, given the “what’s missing” approach you take (love this!).

This was such a beautiful post! I love how honest you always are, and how down to earth you are despite the success you’ve had.

Good luck on the baby front! You’re going to be an amazing mother! :)

xo, Jessica

5. desiree - vosgesparis commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:22pm

It is a long time ago I really had the patience to actually read a long post like this… but the release of this book is something I am really looking forward to :)

As you know you have been a real great example for me ever since I met you last year during your book tour for decorate and heard you talk about doing the things you really want. Thank you for that again… and I hope to see you in London for the release of this second book ;)

big hug and good luck with this and that, desiree
    desiree – vosgesparis´s last blog post ..A sneak peek at the next issue of EST

6. Paola commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:33pm

Congratulations Holly! I know book two is going to be just as fabulous as book one and I’m really hoping you manage a book tour (though if decor8 jr is in your belly I’m guessing you may want to just put your feet up and relax :)

And I have everything crossed re. the babymaking. You seem like such a maternal person that I’m surprised you haven’t got round to it before. You’ll be a fabulous mom!
    Paola´s last blog post ..How To Bake British Without Freaking Out

7. Lucia commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:39pm

Big success for this book! ;)

8. Chedva commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:51pm

That’s great news, Holly! Your creative journey is so inspiring on so many levels. Looking forward to your second book.
    Chedva´s last blog post ..6 Ways To Add Pattern To Your Home

9. melanie commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:55pm

Yay! Congratulations, Holly! I was also surprised that you were working on a second book so soon, but now that you’ve explained, it makes so much sense. You’re posting has been missed, so I hope we have you back soon! Good luck on both baby fronts. Yay!

10. melanie commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 8:56pm

um, *your posting*. shoot.
    melanie´s last blog post ..Happy birthday, Little Mac.

11. stepanini commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:01pm

thank you for this personal posts. I like the interior posts, of course, but the personal ones always touch me in a very specific way. Just a quick stop to say thank you for that.

12. Emily commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:08pm

Congratulations Holly. I am so excited for you and for us!

And good luck with the babymaking too. What an exciting time you have ahead of you.

x
    Emily´s last blog post ..{Start-up Spotlight} Capturing Childhood

13. ishtar commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:11pm

I´m so happy and excited for you!!!! The book and the baby!! yay!
    I wish you sucess in everything you pursuit!
    with love
    Ishtar
    ishtar´s last blog post ..Talleres en Mallorca ♥

14. Heather@joyofallcrafts commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:18pm

Thanks for sharing this bit of the journey with us! It’s so exciting to hear your passions coming alive! Also so glad that you’re sharing a bit of your personal life too. I love hearing about how others decide when it’s right to have a baby for them. I’ve been married for seven years, but I don’t have the urge yet, I’m still working on myself and developing my own blogging career. It’s nice to hear that you’ve decided it’s time for you. It gives me hope that it will come to me too, one day! ;)
    Heather@joyofallcrafts´s last blog post ..Modern Shapes Quilt

15. Nicola (BYW) commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:22pm

Hi Holly

Next time you come to London, come and meet us all at The Society Club http://thesocietyclubsoho.wordpress.com/ – it’s just round the corner from Liberty!

It’s where we, the BYW London and beyond group, met this afternoon for tea and chat. We are all so grateful you brought us all together.

All the best with your wonderful year ahead, Nicola x
    Nicola (BYW)´s last blog post ..The Optimist Tumbler, a collaboration between Pigeon Toe…

16. elyse commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:34pm

warmest and happiest congrats, holly! i’m excited to share similar news: i’m working on my 1st book!

yay!

xo
    elyse
    elyse´s last blog post .."less is more"

17. se7en commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:34pm

Such amazing news!!! I just love your energy!!! Your books sounds fabulous, perfect “find the gap” attitude!!! All the best on your new adventures!!!
    se7en´s last blog post ..Se7en’s Fabulous Friday #118

18. kalanicut commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 9:56pm

Happy to hear all your good news. Warmest wishes with everything!
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..Sending Thanks For Many Kindnesses

19. lebenslustiger commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:00pm

Juuuuhhhhuuuuuuu…such GREAT news – I’m so happy for you! You would be an awesome mom! You can see my little girl and myself jumping the world in my latest post – the love for a child is indescribable deep, beautiful and beyond all you have ever experienced…
    lebenslustiger´s last blog post ..Rituals – Roots And Wings Included

20. Jenna, SAS Interiors commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:03pm

Wonderful news Holly! I love Decorate – it’s one of my favorite design books. I can’t wait for what you have in store for Decorate Notebook. xo Jenna

21. Tracey Fisher commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:10pm

Congratulations Holly. It looks yummy. I really, really enjoyed the BYW course and your first book, so I can’t wait! I saw you speak at Creative Connection and I saw the decorate jr. note on the board on stage but then you never mentioned it. When I listened to your audio accompaniment to the blogging class, I thought to myself, “She has such a soft, soothing voice … she is going to be a great mom” I wish you all the luck and good fortune with all your near future endeavours!
    Tracey Fisher´s last blog post ..Wrap it up Thursday – On the Road Part II

22. Alexis commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:14pm

I’m so excited to see this new work! I loved Decorate :). Good luck with your work!
    Alexis´s last blog post ..Best of the best #1

23. melinda commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:24pm

Hi Holly!

I rarely comment, but I wanted to wish you a big congrats on your second book! As much as I miss your regular posts I’m so happy that you have the chance to work on a second book… it must be really exciting and exhausting at the same time! I loved the first book so I’m eager to get my hands on the second. I wish you luck on creating another baby…the belly kind! :)

24. Jennifer Carroll commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:25pm

Holly, Congratulations!!!! I’m so excited for you and I can’t wait to get your 2nd book – I LOVE the first one. I have it proudly displayed on a shelf in my living room! So exciting about your {real} baby news too! I was 37 when I got pregnant with my daughter (38 when I delivered) and everything went SO smoothly – God really blessed me. She is amazing and I can’t imagine life without her (although I do miss the sleep I used to get pre-baby! ha!) But it’s worth it and blogging is the perfect job to do with baby-on-board! I’ll be praying for your and Thorsten during this time!!! Hugs from Virginia :-)

25. Jennifer Carroll commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:30pm

Just pre-ordered the book on Amazon! yay!!!

26. tina commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 10:52pm

What coincidence – we sat this afternoon in London at our 5th meet up talking about you, how hard you’re working and that you had to miss S’s book launch on Thursday. And here you are… we asked when the book will be out and now we know:) delighted Launch party will be in London!
    Good Luck with the final hurdle.
    Very excited about babymaking news. Don’t worry about leaving it too late. You are a woman who creates her luck and with your attitude to life your body will play game.
    The best of luck and try to minimise stress….

27. kelly commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 11:00pm

Holly- I met you in Minneapolis on your US book tour. I’m so thrilled that you’ve got another book coming out. It’s already been pre-ordered. YAY! :)

And best wishes on baby-making! :) I’ll be making a wish and saying a little prayer that your dream comes true soon. :)

28. Brenda commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 11:14pm

Congratulations on the pre-release of your second book, that is a huge accomplishment. Best wishes to you with your wishes for an addition to your family. Wow!!

29. Kate commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 11:18pm

Holly, When are you coming to Australia? You haven’t forgotten about us have you? ;) I am so excited about your new book – squeak!
    Also, when is registration for ‘Blogging your way 2012′ opening?
    Kate x

Ps. I have a beautiful one year old little boy and highly recommend ‘baby -making’ – good luck ….

30. Kate commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 11:28pm

Sorry, my link above didn’t work. It is early in the morning here. Trying to blog and care for a toddler – not easy :)

31. Trinske Driscoll-Antonides commented
    April 28th, 2012 at 11:34pm

Dear Holly,

Apart from that I find your posts inspiring, I love your open and personal way of writing, and this post is another one that really shows that. You come across as a warm and fun person, not just a provider of interesting reading food and (lots!) of eye candy. I wish you all the best with your paper baby and that your real baby wish may come true. I’m a mother of 2 little girls myself and it is the most common yet the most special thing in the world. You’ll find that all cliches are actually true!
    Best wishes,
    Trinske

32. Juliette commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 12:05am

You know, I had seen the link to the Amazon pre-order page at the top of your blog the other day (maybe just yesterday?) and I was wondering if I’d missed something! =D Congrats! This new book sounds like a truly great idea and I’m really looking forward to it! All the best as you press through the deadlines!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..29 Ways to Stay Creative

33. Audrey - This Little Street commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 12:20am

Good luck Holly…..for both babies :) Hugs from NYC

34. Karena commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 12:45am

So very excited Holly!! You have accomplished so much! Thank you for sharing this all with us!!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    Karena´s last blog post ..Introducing Anita Rivera, Designer and Paper Artist with an Artful Giveaway

35. Laura Gaskill commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:09am

Great to hear a bit more about book #2, Holly! Of course I’d love to connect again if you do come to Boston :) And good luck and best wishes with the baby adventure, how exciting!! xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Mother’s Day Gift Guide, Take 1

36. Kylie Loy commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:21am

As always I can not wait!
    I am positive if you have another baby we will see decor8 baby in some form, its inevitable!
    Congrats Holly.

37. diane hocking commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:34am

You are such an inspiration Holly, if your next book has as much information and inspiration as your BYE course gave me then this new book is a must have!
    Thank you for sharing something very personal in your life-all the best for a great new journey in your life.
    diane hocking´s last blog post ..Tickle the imagination magazine – Listing

38. kristin johnsen commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 2:50am

Excellent! I will look forward to the next book – the first one lived for me since you were always so sincere with us all here on your blog, sharing thoughts about the book and taking us on tour with you! I look forward to getting the new ones in my hands!
    kristin johnsen´s last blog post ..Is it a rut – or is it my signature?

39. Fatou commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 2:57am

I can feel your excitement in this post! I am so happy for you. Congrats on the new book and good luck on the baby :-). I have two beautiful one, you are in for a lovely treat. :-)
    Fatou
    Fatou´s last blog post ..Fryd Og Design

40. Sarah commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 3:09am

How exciting for you Holly! Looking forward to baby #1 and maybe #2?? This blogging world just never ceases to amaze me!! ;-))
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Vintage + traditional = inspiration…

41. Amberly commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 4:01am

Congratulations Holly!!! Trust yourself completely – you have so, so much talent! And I can’t wait to see photos of your home! So excited for you, and good luck with baby #2! ;)
    Amberly´s last blog post ..Personal Project: Art Wall (Pt. 2)

42. robyn fisken commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 4:37am

Now can’t wait for the new book, I have been wondering what it would cover, my daughter and I loved Decorate so much. I hope both your big endeavors will be successful. Yours was one of the first blogs I ever followed and I look forward to all your posts; both design focussed and the more personal ones.
    Robyn in Australia

43. Victoria Bennett Beyer commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 5:07am

That is wonderful news about the book, and also about this new stage in your life. Good luck with both.

44. Carmen(CountryMouse) commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 5:14am

How exciting, Holly! Can’t wait for the new book! I am excitedly awaiting my first granddaughter as Jamie(CityChic) is due at the end of July!

45. Adventures in Dressmaking commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 6:27am

Wow, what a lot of exciting news! I can’t wait to see what the second book is. I’ve been reading your blog for several years, since I started blogging actually, and love your current book. I’m working on a book proposal myself, and it’s very exciting but overwhelming!

Congrats on the baby planning, too! Best wishes! =)
    Adventures in Dressmaking´s last blog post ..Took in a sweater–BIG improvement!!

46. deneise b commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 6:37am

just reading the first book for the millionth time this morning with coffee. The pictures are so lovely, I just sit and dream.

47. Jennifer commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 7:25am

Holly! I’m so excited for your official announcement and can’t wait to read the next book. Your first was so wonderful and I know whatever you are working on now will be full of your amazing creativity and spirit! Also excited to hear you are working a new addition to your family! Sending you hugs and looking foward to seeing you again when BYW 2.0 begins. Xxo Jennifer

48. Federica commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 7:59am

Congratulations! Your books are lovely!
    Federica´s last blog post ..KCWC Fa caldo, lo so…- It’s sunny, I know…

49. Marianne commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 8:56am

I am looking forward to the new book, I already put it on my wish list at Amazon a little while ago. I hope your baby wish will come true very soon.
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Marianne´s last blog post ..{today I ♡}

50. Evy commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 9:16am

Good news! Good luck with the book and the baby. It took me more than a year and an operation to get pregnant but it is sooooo worth it! Keep my fingers crossed for you! (Off course we are all curious about that nursery by the time!!!)

51. Patti Trostle commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 9:36am

So exciting! Congratulations on your new book! I wish you all the luck in the world on the baby too!

52. kerias commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 10:41am

So exciting! i like it

53. Mr Yen commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 12:20pm

Congratulations on your new book Holly! If it’s as good as your first book – I can’t wait to get my hands on it ^_^

54. Laura commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:18pm

Absolutely can’t wait to read it Holly. Am sure it will be as beautiful as Decorate. Much love x x x x

55. Nathalie commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:24pm

Thank YOU for being you. An inspiring, lovely person. Hope you’ll decide to do another book tour and to see you in Amsterdam again :-)

56. Tracy A. commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:33pm

Congratulations! Best of luck as you head into the final phases for “baby #1″, and as you begin the process for “baby #2″!!!!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..Some things that I’ve learned this week . . . . . . .

57. ClassiclyAmber commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:50pm

Oh, how wonderful!! I love it. All of it! This is such great news!!

And there is one thing for SURE: your baby will have the most beautiful nursery~!! Can’t wait to hear more updates as time progresses. :)
    ClassiclyAmber´s last blog post ..Meet Barnabas.

58. Lana@whatsthestorymorninglory.com commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 2:40pm

Hi Holly,
    Congratulations on the book, I have already preorderd mine. And all the best with the other baby project.

59. Bouboulette commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 3:13pm

Congrats !!
    Hope that all your wisches come true !! ?
    Have fun and enjoy !!
    Bouboulette´s last blog post ..Porte-chéquiers en feutrine

60. Monica Lee commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 4:35pm

Wow and wow! All that good news packed into one post! Sounds all very exciting, Holly! So happy for you!
    Monica Lee´s last blog post ..Tamar Schechner from Nest Pretty Things talks styling, etsy and marketing

61. Jillian commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 5:26pm

Congratulations, Holly! I am so excited for your new book and wish you the best of luck with both your new baby adventures.
    Jillian´s last blog post ..Positivity

62. elisa commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 5:56pm

the new book sounds incredibly exciting holly, i’m so looking forward to it. i hope you’ll get a great rest when you wrap it up! as for babies, acupuncture helped several friends of mine get things in order, and there’s an amazing book called ‘taking charge of your fertility’ that is extraordinary as well. this will be a lucky baby x

63. Eleanor commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 6:31pm

Wow, congrats Holly!

64. Traveling Mama commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 8:31pm

Since you had alluded to it, my assumption was that you were working your fanny off to wow us again, so I am not surprised and definitely not disappointed by the slower pace here… Well, that is not completely true. I was just thinking the other day of how I miss hearing your blogging voice. When you are not here, you are missed, but my goodness it is going to be so worth the sacrifice! I am so, so happy for you and infinitely proud of all your accomplishments! I think you are one amazing woman and I hope that there will be a little one that you can pass all this talent and passion to! I think a Decor8 Jr would be so fabulous and would likely lead to a surge in baby production worldwide! LOL!!

Wishing you all the best! Congrats and hugs!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..embellish magazine: {tape}

65. Eva commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 8:45pm

Congratulations!!! I’m looking forward to your second book, since I love your first book and I am sure it will be amazing! The idea behind it is wonderful and definitely fills a niche, I think! You are so courageous and I wish you all the best for both your baby enterprises! :-)
    Eva´s last blog post ..teeny tiny post

66. heidi commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 9:02pm

Congratulations!:) I’m a new follower and I find amazing and inspiring things here:) Thanks!
    heidi´s last blog post ..Ikea PS 2012 i majówka

67. Tricia commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 9:13pm

Holly, I’m so excited for you! I know this next book will be fabulous!

68. Chrystina commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 10:01pm

So excited for you!! Have fun with it!! Now I’m going to have two books to buy! If you do go on a book tour, maybe you should add Philadelphia to your list… although New York isn’t too far…
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..my first card auction experience

69. Leanda commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 10:09pm

Congratulations Holly! I just can’t wait to see your new book. I know it will be fabulous and just as inspiring as the first one :)

70. Rachel Cunliffe commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 11:12pm

Congratulations! So excited for both of your baby dreams :)
    Rachel Cunliffe´s last blog post ..When I’m not designing blogs… (Part 3)

71. Giovanna commented
    April 29th, 2012 at 11:33pm

Congratulations on your new book!! <3 <3
    Giovanna
    Giovanna´s last blog post ..Giveaway alert: Mala Beads by Tiny Devotions

72. rona commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 1:53am

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the new book. Also if you are interested in getting your health and hormones ready for a baby, look into floliving.com
    I’m doing their program and it is AMAZING! Read Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom too. Congratulations!

73. Desha Peacock commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 3:00am

Holly! Wow, I thought I was crazy b/c I saw that you had written a note on FB somewhere about book # two and scoured your blog and the web for more info… so, now we have the official scoop! Double scoop, right? I was wondering when the baby subject would be brought up… don’t think we haven’t noticed a few nurseries pop up on your blog :) ha ha!

Very exciting stuff, a time of celebration. Work hard now, cause once baby comes… it’s a bit of different story… a beautiful and wonderful story. I remember when I was pregnant thinking of all the things I’d do when my baby was born since I quit my job and was at home- writing a book was on my list in the first year.

I was lucky just to get a bath every once in a while! ha ha

74. Serena {Pretty Fluffy} commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 3:11am

Congratulations Holly! Can’t wait to see what the new book has in store. You’re always so generous in sharing so much of yourself – it’s gratefully appreciated! xx
    Serena {Pretty Fluffy}´s last blog post ..DIY: Mother’s Day Outdoor Cinema Picnic

75. Tina Ramchandani commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 4:41am

Congrats Holly! As you know, I pre-ordered your second book the second you posted on Facebook. I’m super excited (as is the rest of the world) for it to come out. I know the tips will be helpful and will make the reader really hone in on their skills, as you are so good at that. Well, what I mean to say is, good luck finishing it up! And we can’t wait to have you back here regularly!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Hand Stamping {plus} Links of the Week

76. Tania commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 6:09am

Congratulations! I can’t wait; I love the concept of finding your own design/decorating voice. That is the funnest part!

I love the tone in this post too, I feel as if I can hear you speaking, excited, enthusiastic and most of all, inspired.

You are very inspiring to me as a blogger because you are authentic, have wonderful taste and I feel you are doing it for the love. Although you do make a living at it, it shows that you enjoy it and that is what you really drives you. There are way too many bloggers whose main voice that comes through is a desire to make money but they don’t make the effort to be have original and high quality content.
    Tania´s last blog post ..Trendabl…

77. Tina in Boston commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 7:08am

Wow, this new idea sounds great! I can’t wait to get more details. I hope we get the special surprise here, too, and that you get to do tours thru Anthro. Also wishing you well with the other baby! :)
    Tina in Boston´s last blog post ..A Pantone Christmas

78. fenny setiawan commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 8:36am

I can’t wait for your second book, Holly, I really enjoyed reading Decorate. And I will keep you in prayer for your Decor8, Jr mission (wink). Just have plenty of rest as much as u can and relax…. hopefully the baby making will be popped up soon.

take care and all the best.

79. Valentina commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 10:12am

WOWWWWWWWWWW! Great news Holly! I’m happy happy happy! And I look forward to reading your new book!
    hugs
    vale
    Valentina´s last blog post ..Appunto #2/2012 (riflessioni…)

80. Chrissy commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 2:20pm

Congratulations- those are two very exciting things. I’ve always liked the way you write- it makes people feel at ease and part of a community. Goes well with the types of spaces that you feature.
    Chrissy´s last blog post ..A girl wearing a girly dress

81. Lucia commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 4:05pm

Congratulations!!! I’m looking forward to have your new book at home!!! I would love to read your own writing there, it would feel more closer for all of us, your decor8 readers! Don’t panic, I know we will love it, for sure!!!

82. Catherine V commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 7:18pm

Looking forward to owning the second book! And best wishes on trying for a baby. I’m a 37yo maman to a 10-month old. I imagine it’s definitely more tiring than if I’d been in my 20s, but I’m probably also a more easy-going parent being “older.” It’s pretty crazy, but amazing at the same time. And, I’ll tell you this in advance: enjoy your pregnancy and take lots of naps. It’s all downhill in the sleep department from there. :)
    Catherine V´s last blog post ..Chapter 9 | On the Move

83. Monica commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 7:29pm

Congratulations on both babies :)

84. jennifer ramos commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 9:09pm

all sounds so great..i finally got to look at your book a few months ago & i really enjoyed it. Looking forward to whatever is next :)

p.s. a real baby? i’ve been on that road too for sometime…we shall see.
    jennifer ramos´s last blog post ..Bits of My Week…

85. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    April 30th, 2012 at 9:14pm

Woohoo!! Congratulations!! On everything!! Second book -baby plans! There is a lot to celebrate!! Thanks also for being so open and honest and sharing your process -which is truly inspiring. All the best & try to enjoy yourself too!!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Flea Market Monday: Long Beach Antiques & Collectibles

86. Yemi commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 12:18am

Wonderful new! All the best with your second book and the baby plans
    Yemi´s last blog post ..Inspirational Baby Nurseries Ideas From Author Sania Pell

87. sarah ahearn bellemare commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 5:16am

double YAY! congratulations, dear holly! i thought i just missed the official announcement after seeing it on amazon, but i’m happy to read all of the details here today!
    my only advice is to wrap the book first, then the baby! as you know, i did both at once and boy oh boy… it’s doable, but… i haven’t caught up on my sleep yet!
    so excited for you! xo *s

88. Elizabeth commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 6:16am

Congratulations Holly!

I am so excited to see your second book, I love the first one and I am sure that this one will be just as beautiful.

Congratulations also on the baby, I hope it all works out the way you want.

I look forward to hearing about the book tour, I would love to attend one of the signings.

Take care of yourself as you work these next few weeks,

Elizabeth
    Elizabeth´s last blog post ..Baking, Books and a Bathroom Project

89. Jane commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 7:55am

Oh Holly! I’m finally catching up on your latest news. I am so excited about your new book and pre-ordered it weeks ago. I am sure it will be another brilliant success for you. And I’m so thrilled to read you are hoping to have a baby. I’m crossing everything crossable for you ?. J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..Sunday splendour: 29 April 2012

90. Alexandra commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 10:04am

What a sweet post! And how I look forward to your second book! To read your own writing will be great! Excuse me for ignoring your hard work under the gun, but you are doing a dream job!! :)) Wishing you all the best with your baby plan(s).
    Alexandra´s last blog post ..Dreamy – FaB Keramik

91. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 4:49pm

Well, you already know what I think. I think it is FANTASTIC!!!! :) Any books by you will always be at the top o’ my wish list my friend. I am so excited to get my copy and I am also keeping my fingers crossed for you in the other “baby” department! That is happy inducing as well. :) So excited for you, in all of the new ventures!
    xoxo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap & Chic

92. Kat commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 7:32pm

Oh sweetie, your enthusiasm is catching, and I echo Meliss above me, she put it so well, your book is much anticipated and I certainly hope that your other plans come to be soon too, all the best, kat xx
    Kat´s last blog post ..A source of healing wisdom

93. Dulci Dantas commented
    May 1st, 2012 at 8:56pm

Congratulations! Can’t wait to buy the new book. In fact, you and Decor8 were one of the greatest inspirations to me to create my own blog. And everytime I think if I am in the right road (I mean, what I really want to do with my blog) I remember the nice work you do here.
    Thanks a lot for everything.
    Dulci Dantas´s last blog post ..Dia do trabalho

94. Kristyne commented
    May 2nd, 2012 at 5:58am

Great big hugs, my dear! You work so hard and to such a high standard that deserve the very best. (And thanks in huge part to what I learned from you in BYW last year, my first book is coming out in December!)

Rock on, sister friend! xo k

95. Krista Nye Schwartz commented
    May 8th, 2012 at 5:25pm

Holly! What incredible news… a 2nd book and working on a baby! Your energy is palpable and I’m so, so happy for you on both fronts. I’ve already pre-ordered a copy of the Decorate Notebook AND just signed up for BYW 2.0. Hooray!
    Best wishes –
    Krista

96. Marina Seitanidis commented
    May 9th, 2012 at 8:18pm

Well done Holly! I’m so looking forward to your new book, I just received DECORATE from Amazon a week ago and I take it with me wherever I go (I took it to our summer house on Andros island last weekend, I take it with me when I wait for my daughter’s schoolbus to arrive in the afternoon)…. I should be signing up for your BYW course tomorrow, so talk to you soon…
    Marina

97. Chantal commented
    May 10th, 2012 at 2:46am

This is all wonderful news, how exciting… can’t wait to hear all about it. I too just signed up for BYW 2.0 and looking forward to reconnecting.
    Ta ta for now,
    Chantal

98. decor8 commented
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:17pm

Thank you all for your support, I’m so inspired by each of you!!!!