Books + Magazines

Big News! My Second Book!

April 28, 2012

Oh boy, this is going to be a long post – I can feel it. I was chatting with a reader lately and she asked why I’d not been writing on decor8 like a mad woman as per my usual. I told her that my book was taking all of my time and she replied, “Didn’t Decorate release one year ago, what else is there to do?” and it was in that moment that I realized something. I may have hinted at it or mentioned it in passing here and there but I never wrote an official post to tell you my exciting news and though I have no clue why something SO IMPORTANT slipped my mind I have to tell you — I’m writing my second book and it will be called the Decorate Notebook! The cover you see here is not the final cover, but it’s already on Amazon and ready for pre-sale.

Big News! My Second Book!

In case you’ve not seen me on decor8 as frequently, that is why. I promise to pick up the pace again soon, but I’m on deadline until mid May so my schedule will be upside down for a few more weeks before posting is back to normal. Thing is, I’ve been working since January on it and lately the deadlines have been keeping me up late at night and robbing me of time, showers, family gatherings, you name it – I’m under the gun and working hard to deliver a book that you will love. It’s a labor of love, tears, pacing the hallway, scribbling notes all over the house, late nights writing until the wee hours… It’s a very passion-filled adventure, for sure!

After Decorate I had to really think about whether or not I wanted to write another book. The last thing I wanted was write one after another after another – I’m not interested in doing books just to do books, you know? I had to give a lot of thought to what was REALLY missing out there in the sea of decorating books and it dawned on me the moment I did one thing and I encourage you to do the same when you are trying to develop a new idea. I asked what I would want out of a decorating book. That’s what you have to do, right? Ask what is missing, and what you would like to see. This applies to almost everything. I got busy with a pen and for weeks I created list after list. After listing, I found my answer and while I knew that I would have my work cut out for me I felt ready to write book #2 and put my heart and soul into it. I trusted my instincts, put my ideas into a proposal and pitched it to my publisher and a deal was struck over a period of months as the pitch was delivered shortly after Decorate released. My vision with this book is to create an approachable guide written in my own blogging voice that you can learn from but beyond giving you tips and ideas, it will be a book that makes you really THINK about your own ideas, style, and to really dig deep and explore what makes you tick and how to translate all of that into ideas that work.

In February, March and April, I scouted locations that put me on flights and trains in both the US and Europe. I met so many lovely homeowners and had a lot of fun with photographer Debi Treloar who shot Decorate with me in 2010. Last week, we did a shoot here in my own home so you can see how I live and work because doesn’t it make sense to share that in my own decorating book? So in book #2 you will see my home.

Blogging has brought me so much. It has helped me to make some of the most wonderful friends and to build an entirely new career from the ground up. It has helped me to build my confidence, develop courage and to really pinpoint exactly what I’m good at and how I can use my talents to make a bigger contribution – to my family, my friends, my readers and beyond. I want you to know that I am forever grateful to your love, support and encouragement. I’m not one of those bloggers who gets a book deal or becomes a success and forgets where she came from – my roots are always close and dear to me. When I first started decor8, I was a cocktail of passion and fear, a younger version of who I am today who had just left behind her career to embark on the unknown. Fear aside, I knew back then that I would have had huge regrets for not trying so I went for it not knowing where blogging would lead me. I gave up the great job and benefits and threw myself into blogging and decorating under the name of my little decorating practice called decor8. Over 7 years have passed and my life has changed so much. I’m still scared at times, especially now because Decorate is a very hard act to follow but you know what, I have decided that I don’t need to be scared – that I need to simply trust my gut and do my best work from the heart. In the end, isn’t that all any of us can do? Our best?

Last week I spent the day in London – I literally flew in for a meeting with my publisher that lasted from 10-6 pm, jumped back on a plane at 8pm and flew 50 minutes home. It was a whirlwind day, in fact I’ve had a lot of whirlwind days since beginning my second book but I am determined and look forward to taking you with me for the ride – as we finalize everything over the next few weeks including the text (there is no co-author this time, only me), font decisions, layout ideas, cover ideas… It’s been a really complicated and emotional process to say the least. Like all authors who work on very visual books, I’m very attached to the overall design and feel of the book – aside from the words in it – I want it to be pretty and special and to offer something different. That is why, and I’m so happy to be able to finally tell you this, that each book (at least the UK copy, unsure about the US) will come with a special surprise. I can’t tell you what it is yet, but I’m guessing you will really like it. I’ve never seen it used in a decorating book before so I’m hoping it will set a trend and that other authors will include something like it in their own books in the future, too.

Some of you who do know about the book have asked about another tour. I’m not sure if I’ll do a book tour with this one, it depends on sponsorship and ideas and who really wants me to come to their shop to present my book, teach a class, I’m open but also just unsure at the moment! My first book tour was sponsored by Anthropologie and Chronicle Books but we’ve not discussed a tour for this book yet so I’m unsure as to whether or not it will happen and when, how, etc. I’m thinking to have a launch party in London again (Liberty did the Decorate launch for me along with my publisher, Jacqui Small)  when the book releases in the UK and who knows, maybe I’ll have a launch in America too. I want to see everyone again, the first tour was so great – 20 cities total in both America and Europe – I would love to visit some of you again so I’ll definitely keep you posted. I hope to tour + teach again as I did the last time but we’ll have to wait and see…

BUT SERIOUSLY….I haven’t even thought through all of that yet, because in addition to this baby (my book) I am also trying to create a real baby! I finally felt the baby urge and though it’s a little later than I hoped, I’m just happy that I’m finally ready to have children and hope that I’ve not waiting too long. I’m staying positive though and so who knows, if I do go on another book tour or have a launch party, I may show up with a baby in my hands (my book) and another in my belly. Fingers crossed, that will be the case! But for now, one baby at a time — first, the book which will be born in October… Then, who knows? :) Maybe decor8, jr.?

So, I will end my little post with this. THANK YOU because I am so happy that I can finally really TALK about my book on my blog and I hope to share the news of it as it comes along.

(photo: holly becker)

You Might Also Like

98 Comments

• Reply MoodKids - Maike April 28, 2012 at 8:08 pm

good for you! I will order this second one too, good to know that it’s coming soon

• Reply Anita April 28, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Congratulation dear Holly on your second book! Go for it!
    These days I will get your first book, I order on Amazon and my very best friends from Arizona will bring it to me in June. I am so happy about that!
    have a nice weekend1
    annie

• Reply Theresa April 28, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Congratulations on all of it, Holly! Your enthusiasm and passion shows just in this post, so I can only imagine how much more you’re pouring into the book. I will keep an eye on this space for more forthcoming news. Now, head down and good luck! You will no doubt meet every deadline and create something amazing. Sending you lots of good energy.

• Reply Jessica Senti April 28, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Holly –

As with anything you do, I can’t for the new book! I’m very intrigued to see what you do next, given the “what’s missing” approach you take (love this!).

This was such a beautiful post! I love how honest you always are, and how down to earth you are despite the success you’ve had.

Good luck on the baby front! You’re going to be an amazing mother! :)

xo, Jessica

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis April 28, 2012 at 8:22 pm

It is a long time ago I really had the patience to actually read a long post like this… but the release of this book is something I am really looking forward to :)

As you know you have been a real great example for me ever since I met you last year during your book tour for decorate and heard you talk about doing the things you really want. Thank you for that again… and I hope to see you in London for the release of this second book ;)

big hug and good luck with this and that, desiree

• Reply Paola April 28, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Congratulations Holly! I know book two is going to be just as fabulous as book one and I’m really hoping you manage a book tour (though if decor8 jr is in your belly I’m guessing you may want to just put your feet up and relax :)

And I have everything crossed re. the babymaking. You seem like such a maternal person that I’m surprised you haven’t got round to it before. You’ll be a fabulous mom!

• Reply Lucia April 28, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Big success for this book! ;)

• Reply Chedva April 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm

That’s great news, Holly! Your creative journey is so inspiring on so many levels. Looking forward to your second book.

• Reply melanie April 28, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Yay! Congratulations, Holly! I was also surprised that you were working on a second book so soon, but now that you’ve explained, it makes so much sense. You’re posting has been missed, so I hope we have you back soon! Good luck on both baby fronts. Yay!

• Reply melanie April 28, 2012 at 8:56 pm

um, *your posting*. shoot.

• Reply stepanini April 28, 2012 at 9:01 pm

thank you for this personal posts. I like the interior posts, of course, but the personal ones always touch me in a very specific way. Just a quick stop to say thank you for that.

• Reply Emily April 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Congratulations Holly. I am so excited for you and for us!

And good luck with the babymaking too. What an exciting time you have ahead of you.

x

• Reply ishtar April 28, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I´m so happy and excited for you!!!! The book and the baby!! yay!
    I wish you sucess in everything you pursuit!
    with love
    Ishtar

• Reply Heather@joyofallcrafts April 28, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Thanks for sharing this bit of the journey with us! It’s so exciting to hear your passions coming alive! Also so glad that you’re sharing a bit of your personal life too. I love hearing about how others decide when it’s right to have a baby for them. I’ve been married for seven years, but I don’t have the urge yet, I’m still working on myself and developing my own blogging career. It’s nice to hear that you’ve decided it’s time for you. It gives me hope that it will come to me too, one day! ;)

• Reply Nicola (BYW) April 28, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Hi Holly

Next time you come to London, come and meet us all at The Society Club http://thesocietyclubsoho.wordpress.com/ – it’s just round the corner from Liberty!

It’s where we, the BYW London and beyond group, met this afternoon for tea and chat. We are all so grateful you brought us all together.

All the best with your wonderful year ahead, Nicola x

• Reply elyse April 28, 2012 at 9:34 pm

warmest and happiest congrats, holly! i’m excited to share similar news: i’m working on my 1st book!

yay!

xo
    elyse

• Reply se7en April 28, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Such amazing news!!! I just love your energy!!! Your books sounds fabulous, perfect “find the gap” attitude!!! All the best on your new adventures!!!

• Reply kalanicut April 28, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Happy to hear all your good news. Warmest wishes with everything!

• Reply lebenslustiger April 28, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Juuuuhhhhuuuuuuu…such GREAT news – I’m so happy for you! You would be an awesome mom! You can see my little girl and myself jumping the world in my latest post – the love for a child is indescribable deep, beautiful and beyond all you have ever experienced…

• Reply Jenna, SAS Interiors April 28, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Wonderful news Holly! I love Decorate – it’s one of my favorite design books. I can’t wait for what you have in store for Decorate Notebook. xo Jenna

• Reply Tracey Fisher April 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Congratulations Holly. It looks yummy. I really, really enjoyed the BYW course and your first book, so I can’t wait! I saw you speak at Creative Connection and I saw the decorate jr. note on the board on stage but then you never mentioned it. When I listened to your audio accompaniment to the blogging class, I thought to myself, “She has such a soft, soothing voice … she is going to be a great mom” I wish you all the luck and good fortune with all your near future endeavours!

• Reply Alexis April 28, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I’m so excited to see this new work! I loved Decorate :). Good luck with your work!

• Reply melinda April 28, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Hi Holly!

I rarely comment, but I wanted to wish you a big congrats on your second book! As much as I miss your regular posts I’m so happy that you have the chance to work on a second book… it must be really exciting and exhausting at the same time! I loved the first book so I’m eager to get my hands on the second. I wish you luck on creating another baby…the belly kind! :)

• Reply Jennifer Carroll April 28, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Holly, Congratulations!!!! I’m so excited for you and I can’t wait to get your 2nd book – I LOVE the first one. I have it proudly displayed on a shelf in my living room! So exciting about your {real} baby news too! I was 37 when I got pregnant with my daughter (38 when I delivered) and everything went SO smoothly – God really blessed me. She is amazing and I can’t imagine life without her (although I do miss the sleep I used to get pre-baby! ha!) But it’s worth it and blogging is the perfect job to do with baby-on-board! I’ll be praying for your and Thorsten during this time!!! Hugs from Virginia :-)

• Reply Jennifer Carroll April 28, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Just pre-ordered the book on Amazon! yay!!!

• Reply tina April 28, 2012 at 10:52 pm

What coincidence – we sat this afternoon in London at our 5th meet up talking about you, how hard you’re working and that you had to miss S’s book launch on Thursday. And here you are… we asked when the book will be out and now we know:) delighted Launch party will be in London!
    Good Luck with the final hurdle.
    Very excited about babymaking news. Don’t worry about leaving it too late. You are a woman who creates her luck and with your attitude to life your body will play game.
    The best of luck and try to minimise stress….

• Reply kelly April 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Holly- I met you in Minneapolis on your US book tour. I’m so thrilled that you’ve got another book coming out. It’s already been pre-ordered. YAY! :)

And best wishes on baby-making! :) I’ll be making a wish and saying a little prayer that your dream comes true soon. :)

• Reply Brenda April 28, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Congratulations on the pre-release of your second book, that is a huge accomplishment. Best wishes to you with your wishes for an addition to your family. Wow!!

• Reply Kate April 28, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Holly, When are you coming to Australia? You haven’t forgotten about us have you? ;) I am so excited about your new book – squeak!
    Also, when is registration for ‘Blogging your way 2012′ opening?
    Kate x

Ps. I have a beautiful one year old little boy and highly recommend ‘baby -making’ – good luck ….

• Reply Kate April 28, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Sorry, my link above didn’t work. It is early in the morning here. Trying to blog and care for a toddler – not easy :)

• Reply Trinske Driscoll-Antonides April 28, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Dear Holly,

Apart from that I find your posts inspiring, I love your open and personal way of writing, and this post is another one that really shows that. You come across as a warm and fun person, not just a provider of interesting reading food and (lots!) of eye candy. I wish you all the best with your paper baby and that your real baby wish may come true. I’m a mother of 2 little girls myself and it is the most common yet the most special thing in the world. You’ll find that all cliches are actually true!
    Best wishes,
    Trinske

• Reply Juliette April 29, 2012 at 12:05 am

You know, I had seen the link to the Amazon pre-order page at the top of your blog the other day (maybe just yesterday?) and I was wondering if I’d missed something! =D Congrats! This new book sounds like a truly great idea and I’m really looking forward to it! All the best as you press through the deadlines!

• Reply Audrey - This Little Street April 29, 2012 at 12:20 am

Good luck Holly…..for both babies :) Hugs from NYC

• Reply Karena April 29, 2012 at 12:45 am

So very excited Holly!! You have accomplished so much! Thank you for sharing this all with us!!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

• Reply Laura Gaskill April 29, 2012 at 1:09 am

Great to hear a bit more about book #2, Holly! Of course I’d love to connect again if you do come to Boston :) And good luck and best wishes with the baby adventure, how exciting!! xo Laura

• Reply Kylie Loy April 29, 2012 at 1:21 am

As always I can not wait!
    I am positive if you have another baby we will see decor8 baby in some form, its inevitable!
    Congrats Holly.

• Reply diane hocking April 29, 2012 at 1:34 am

You are such an inspiration Holly, if your next book has as much information and inspiration as your BYE course gave me then this new book is a must have!
    Thank you for sharing something very personal in your life-all the best for a great new journey in your life.

• Reply kristin johnsen April 29, 2012 at 2:50 am

Excellent! I will look forward to the next book – the first one lived for me since you were always so sincere with us all here on your blog, sharing thoughts about the book and taking us on tour with you! I look forward to getting the new ones in my hands!

• Reply Fatou April 29, 2012 at 2:57 am

I can feel your excitement in this post! I am so happy for you. Congrats on the new book and good luck on the baby :-). I have two beautiful one, you are in for a lovely treat. :-)
    Fatou

• Reply Sarah April 29, 2012 at 3:09 am

How exciting for you Holly! Looking forward to baby #1 and maybe #2?? This blogging world just never ceases to amaze me!! ;-))

• Reply Amberly April 29, 2012 at 4:01 am

Congratulations Holly!!! Trust yourself completely – you have so, so much talent! And I can’t wait to see photos of your home! So excited for you, and good luck with baby #2! ;)

• Reply robyn fisken April 29, 2012 at 4:37 am

Now can’t wait for the new book, I have been wondering what it would cover, my daughter and I loved Decorate so much. I hope both your big endeavors will be successful. Yours was one of the first blogs I ever followed and I look forward to all your posts; both design focussed and the more personal ones.
    Robyn in Australia

• Reply Victoria Bennett Beyer April 29, 2012 at 5:07 am

That is wonderful news about the book, and also about this new stage in your life. Good luck with both.

• Reply Carmen(CountryMouse) April 29, 2012 at 5:14 am

How exciting, Holly! Can’t wait for the new book! I am excitedly awaiting my first granddaughter as Jamie(CityChic) is due at the end of July!

• Reply Adventures in Dressmaking April 29, 2012 at 6:27 am

Wow, what a lot of exciting news! I can’t wait to see what the second book is. I’ve been reading your blog for several years, since I started blogging actually, and love your current book. I’m working on a book proposal myself, and it’s very exciting but overwhelming!

Congrats on the baby planning, too! Best wishes! =)

• Reply deneise b April 29, 2012 at 6:37 am

just reading the first book for the millionth time this morning with coffee. The pictures are so lovely, I just sit and dream.

• Reply Jennifer April 29, 2012 at 7:25 am

Holly! I’m so excited for your official announcement and can’t wait to read the next book. Your first was so wonderful and I know whatever you are working on now will be full of your amazing creativity and spirit! Also excited to hear you are working a new addition to your family! Sending you hugs and looking foward to seeing you again when BYW 2.0 begins. Xxo Jennifer

• Reply Federica April 29, 2012 at 7:59 am

Congratulations! Your books are lovely!

• Reply Marianne April 29, 2012 at 8:56 am

I am looking forward to the new book, I already put it on my wish list at Amazon a little while ago. I hope your baby wish will come true very soon.
    Have a nice Sunday.

• Reply Evy April 29, 2012 at 9:16 am

Good news! Good luck with the book and the baby. It took me more than a year and an operation to get pregnant but it is sooooo worth it! Keep my fingers crossed for you! (Off course we are all curious about that nursery by the time!!!)

• Reply Patti Trostle April 29, 2012 at 9:36 am

So exciting! Congratulations on your new book! I wish you all the luck in the world on the baby too!

• Reply kerias April 29, 2012 at 10:41 am

So exciting! i like it

• Reply Mr Yen April 29, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Congratulations on your new book Holly! If it’s as good as your first book – I can’t wait to get my hands on it ^_^

• Reply Laura April 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Absolutely can’t wait to read it Holly. Am sure it will be as beautiful as Decorate. Much love x x x x

• Reply Nathalie April 29, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Thank YOU for being you. An inspiring, lovely person. Hope you’ll decide to do another book tour and to see you in Amsterdam again :-)

• Reply Tracy A. April 29, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Congratulations! Best of luck as you head into the final phases for “baby #1″, and as you begin the process for “baby #2″!!!!

• Reply ClassiclyAmber April 29, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Oh, how wonderful!! I love it. All of it! This is such great news!!

And there is one thing for SURE: your baby will have the most beautiful nursery~!! Can’t wait to hear more updates as time progresses. :)

• Reply Lana@whatsthestorymorninglory.com April 29, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Hi Holly,
    Congratulations on the book, I have already preorderd mine. And all the best with the other baby project.

• Reply Bouboulette April 29, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Congrats !!
    Hope that all your wisches come true !! ?
    Have fun and enjoy !!

• Reply Monica Lee April 29, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Wow and wow! All that good news packed into one post! Sounds all very exciting, Holly! So happy for you!

• Reply Jillian April 29, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Congratulations, Holly! I am so excited for your new book and wish you the best of luck with both your new baby adventures.

• Reply elisa April 29, 2012 at 5:56 pm

the new book sounds incredibly exciting holly, i’m so looking forward to it. i hope you’ll get a great rest when you wrap it up! as for babies, acupuncture helped several friends of mine get things in order, and there’s an amazing book called ‘taking charge of your fertility’ that is extraordinary as well. this will be a lucky baby x

• Reply Eleanor April 29, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Wow, congrats Holly!

• Reply Traveling Mama April 29, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Since you had alluded to it, my assumption was that you were working your fanny off to wow us again, so I am not surprised and definitely not disappointed by the slower pace here… Well, that is not completely true. I was just thinking the other day of how I miss hearing your blogging voice. When you are not here, you are missed, but my goodness it is going to be so worth the sacrifice! I am so, so happy for you and infinitely proud of all your accomplishments! I think you are one amazing woman and I hope that there will be a little one that you can pass all this talent and passion to! I think a Decor8 Jr would be so fabulous and would likely lead to a surge in baby production worldwide! LOL!!

Wishing you all the best! Congrats and hugs!

• Reply Eva April 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Congratulations!!! I’m looking forward to your second book, since I love your first book and I am sure it will be amazing! The idea behind it is wonderful and definitely fills a niche, I think! You are so courageous and I wish you all the best for both your baby enterprises! :-)

• Reply heidi April 29, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Congratulations!:) I’m a new follower and I find amazing and inspiring things here:) Thanks!

• Reply Tricia April 29, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Holly, I’m so excited for you! I know this next book will be fabulous!

• Reply Chrystina April 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm

So excited for you!! Have fun with it!! Now I’m going to have two books to buy! If you do go on a book tour, maybe you should add Philadelphia to your list… although New York isn’t too far…

• Reply Leanda April 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Congratulations Holly! I just can’t wait to see your new book. I know it will be fabulous and just as inspiring as the first one :)

• Reply Rachel Cunliffe April 29, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Congratulations! So excited for both of your baby dreams :)

• Reply Giovanna April 29, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Congratulations on your new book!! <3 <3
    Giovanna

• Reply rona April 30, 2012 at 1:53 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the new book. Also if you are interested in getting your health and hormones ready for a baby, look into floliving.com
    I’m doing their program and it is AMAZING! Read Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom too. Congratulations!

• Reply Desha Peacock April 30, 2012 at 3:00 am

Holly! Wow, I thought I was crazy b/c I saw that you had written a note on FB somewhere about book # two and scoured your blog and the web for more info… so, now we have the official scoop! Double scoop, right? I was wondering when the baby subject would be brought up… don’t think we haven’t noticed a few nurseries pop up on your blog :) ha ha!

Very exciting stuff, a time of celebration. Work hard now, cause once baby comes… it’s a bit of different story… a beautiful and wonderful story. I remember when I was pregnant thinking of all the things I’d do when my baby was born since I quit my job and was at home- writing a book was on my list in the first year.

I was lucky just to get a bath every once in a while! ha ha

• Reply Serena {Pretty Fluffy} April 30, 2012 at 3:11 am

Congratulations Holly! Can’t wait to see what the new book has in store. You’re always so generous in sharing so much of yourself – it’s gratefully appreciated! xx

• Reply Tina Ramchandani April 30, 2012 at 4:41 am

Congrats Holly! As you know, I pre-ordered your second book the second you posted on Facebook. I’m super excited (as is the rest of the world) for it to come out. I know the tips will be helpful and will make the reader really hone in on their skills, as you are so good at that. Well, what I mean to say is, good luck finishing it up! And we can’t wait to have you back here regularly!

• Reply Tania April 30, 2012 at 6:09 am

Congratulations! I can’t wait; I love the concept of finding your own design/decorating voice. That is the funnest part!

I love the tone in this post too, I feel as if I can hear you speaking, excited, enthusiastic and most of all, inspired.

You are very inspiring to me as a blogger because you are authentic, have wonderful taste and I feel you are doing it for the love. Although you do make a living at it, it shows that you enjoy it and that is what you really drives you. There are way too many bloggers whose main voice that comes through is a desire to make money but they don’t make the effort to be have original and high quality content.

• Reply Tina in Boston April 30, 2012 at 7:08 am

Wow, this new idea sounds great! I can’t wait to get more details. I hope we get the special surprise here, too, and that you get to do tours thru Anthro. Also wishing you well with the other baby! :)

• Reply fenny setiawan April 30, 2012 at 8:36 am

I can’t wait for your second book, Holly, I really enjoyed reading Decorate. And I will keep you in prayer for your Decor8, Jr mission (wink). Just have plenty of rest as much as u can and relax…. hopefully the baby making will be popped up soon.

take care and all the best.

• Reply Valentina April 30, 2012 at 10:12 am

WOWWWWWWWWWW! Great news Holly! I’m happy happy happy! And I look forward to reading your new book!
    hugs
    vale

• Reply Chrissy April 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Congratulations- those are two very exciting things. I’ve always liked the way you write- it makes people feel at ease and part of a community. Goes well with the types of spaces that you feature.

• Reply Lucia April 30, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Congratulations!!! I’m looking forward to have your new book at home!!! I would love to read your own writing there, it would feel more closer for all of us, your decor8 readers! Don’t panic, I know we will love it, for sure!!!

• Reply Catherine V April 30, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Looking forward to owning the second book! And best wishes on trying for a baby. I’m a 37yo maman to a 10-month old. I imagine it’s definitely more tiring than if I’d been in my 20s, but I’m probably also a more easy-going parent being “older.” It’s pretty crazy, but amazing at the same time. And, I’ll tell you this in advance: enjoy your pregnancy and take lots of naps. It’s all downhill in the sleep department from there. :)

• Reply Monica April 30, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Congratulations on both babies :)

• Reply jennifer ramos April 30, 2012 at 9:09 pm

all sounds so great..i finally got to look at your book a few months ago & i really enjoyed it. Looking forward to whatever is next :)

p.s. a real baby? i’ve been on that road too for sometime…we shall see.

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy April 30, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Woohoo!! Congratulations!! On everything!! Second book -baby plans! There is a lot to celebrate!! Thanks also for being so open and honest and sharing your process -which is truly inspiring. All the best & try to enjoy yourself too!!

• Reply Yemi May 1, 2012 at 12:18 am

Wonderful new! All the best with your second book and the baby plans

• Reply sarah ahearn bellemare May 1, 2012 at 5:16 am

double YAY! congratulations, dear holly! i thought i just missed the official announcement after seeing it on amazon, but i’m happy to read all of the details here today!
    my only advice is to wrap the book first, then the baby! as you know, i did both at once and boy oh boy… it’s doable, but… i haven’t caught up on my sleep yet!
    so excited for you! xo *s

• Reply Elizabeth May 1, 2012 at 6:16 am

Congratulations Holly!

I am so excited to see your second book, I love the first one and I am sure that this one will be just as beautiful.

Congratulations also on the baby, I hope it all works out the way you want.

I look forward to hearing about the book tour, I would love to attend one of the signings.

Take care of yourself as you work these next few weeks,

Elizabeth

• Reply Jane May 1, 2012 at 7:55 am

Oh Holly! I’m finally catching up on your latest news. I am so excited about your new book and pre-ordered it weeks ago. I am sure it will be another brilliant success for you. And I’m so thrilled to read you are hoping to have a baby. I’m crossing everything crossable for you ?. J x

• Reply Alexandra May 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

What a sweet post! And how I look forward to your second book! To read your own writing will be great! Excuse me for ignoring your hard work under the gun, but you are doing a dream job!! :)) Wishing you all the best with your baby plan(s).

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 1, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Well, you already know what I think. I think it is FANTASTIC!!!! :) Any books by you will always be at the top o’ my wish list my friend. I am so excited to get my copy and I am also keeping my fingers crossed for you in the other “baby” department! That is happy inducing as well. :) So excited for you, in all of the new ventures!
    xoxo
    Melis

• Reply Kat May 1, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Oh sweetie, your enthusiasm is catching, and I echo Meliss above me, she put it so well, your book is much anticipated and I certainly hope that your other plans come to be soon too, all the best, kat xx

• Reply Dulci Dantas May 1, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Congratulations! Can’t wait to buy the new book. In fact, you and Decor8 were one of the greatest inspirations to me to create my own blog. And everytime I think if I am in the right road (I mean, what I really want to do with my blog) I remember the nice work you do here.
    Thanks a lot for everything.

• Reply Kristyne May 2, 2012 at 5:58 am

Great big hugs, my dear! You work so hard and to such a high standard that deserve the very best. (And thanks in huge part to what I learned from you in BYW last year, my first book is coming out in December!)

Rock on, sister friend! xo k

• Reply Krista Nye Schwartz May 8, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Holly! What incredible news… a 2nd book and working on a baby! Your energy is palpable and I’m so, so happy for you on both fronts. I’ve already pre-ordered a copy of the Decorate Notebook AND just signed up for BYW 2.0. Hooray!
    Best wishes –
    Krista

• Reply decor8 May 12, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thank you all for your support, I’m so inspired by each of you!!!!

• Reply Marina Seitanidis May 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Well done Holly! I’m so looking forward to your new book, I just received DECORATE from Amazon a week ago and I take it with me wherever I go (I took it to our summer house on Andros island last weekend, I take it with me when I wait for my daughter’s schoolbus to arrive in the afternoon)…. I should be signing up for your BYW course tomorrow, so talk to you soon…
    Marina

• Reply Chantal May 10, 2012 at 2:46 am

This is all wonderful news, how exciting… can’t wait to hear all about it. I too just signed up for BYW 2.0 and looking forward to reconnecting.
    Ta ta for now,