Flower Power

I love flowers but seriously, who doesn’t and how can you not? I’ve been playing with them all week at home doing arrangements and particularly am fond of the big French tulips I found yesterday at the Wednesday farmers’ market. They are to die for! While thinking about flowers and dreaming of ideas for arranging them a little differently at home, I came across the new issue of online magazine, Styled, and found these two spreads particularly inspiring to my process.

Styled Magazine

Styled Magazine

You can see the entire issue here for loads of flower power loveliness. Congrats, Victoria on Issue No. 6!

(images: styled magazine)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on May 03, 2012

1. Sarah Cooper-White commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 1:33pm

What an absolutely lovely magazine. Thanks for introducing me to it! x

2. Tarifa commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 1:38pm

I love flowers too!

3. Tina Ramchandani commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 2:20pm

Great Mag! Thanks for sharing, Holly!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Design Spotlights

4. Ría commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 2:31pm

New magazine to read! Yeah! I love flowers. Too bad I don’t have a flowershop near.

5. Tracy A. commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 2:57pm

I loved flipping through the magazine – and I especially love the quote!

6. sibylle commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 5:08pm

love the flower power theme;-)
    sibylle´s last blog post ..Daisy Strawberry Cake

7. Alexis commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 6:03pm

Beautiful, thanks for sharing! I adore flowers, I’ve just remembered it’s time to pick some up :).
    Alexis´s last blog post ..Routines

8. Amberly commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 7:10pm

Pretty photos! I have a weakness for tulips, peonies and snapdragons. Flowers are definitely one of my favorite splurges; seeing them in my home makes me so happy!
    Amberly´s last blog post ..Recipe: Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon w/ Mashed Potatoes & Caramelized Leeks

9. Rona commented
    May 3rd, 2012 at 8:51pm

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful floral magazine…which is my idea of heaven!
    Rona´s last blog post ..Interview with Levine Woods Dobricza of La Maison des Roses

10. lebenslustiger commented
    May 4th, 2012 at 6:52am

What a true blessing flowers are – so amazing! Thank you for sharing this lovely e-mag.
    lebenslustiger´s last blog post ..Washi Tape Pedicure

11. Crates commented
    May 4th, 2012 at 2:22pm

I love flowers and this is an amazing magazine. Thank you for sharing it with us.

12. caroline commented
    May 4th, 2012 at 5:21pm

Lovely issue-thanks for reminding us of the emags out there Holly_I absolutely love them, just sometimes forget to check in!

13. Chrystina commented
    May 9th, 2012 at 8:12am

I’ve got a confession. I don’t like flowers – actually I really just don’t like the way they smell. They’re awesome to take pictures of. Now if I could just find a way to make them not smell, I’d buy them all the time :)

That spread is awesome though – I always love a single flower offset on a page – negative space is key.
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..when social media collides and blows your mind

14. decor8 commented
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:16pm

You don’t like how flowers smell? Really???? I never heard that, how interesting!!!

15. Christine Renolds commented
    July 6th, 2012 at 4:55pm

What a great resource. I love that it is full of bright, big flower photography.