What Liberty Ate: Issue Two

Prepare to feast your eyes! Last year I announced the launch of What Liberty Ate, a gorgeous digital magazine based in Romania founded by talented blogger and foodie Gabriela Iancu. Today she has released issue two and I simply had to pop in on a Sunday to bring this inspiring issue to you because I know you’ll enjoy it. Gabriela brings heaps of passion and love for cooking into this magazine that you can’t help but fall in love. Together with her contributors who are based all over the world, this magazine has a genuineness to it that I appreciate so much. Here are a few of my favorites below – from the layouts to the interviews and recipes, it’s altogether yummy!

What Liberty Ate

What Liberty Ate

I love this understated spread, no photos, just a gorgeous smattering of pink watercolor. It’s a really nice visual break.

What Liberty Ate

An interview with food blogger Aran Goyoaga.

What Liberty Ate

What Liberty AteThe array of type in this magazine is gorgeous.

What Liberty Ate

“Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots”. – Frank Howard Clark. So true!

What Liberty Ate

An interview with food blogger and now book author, Béatrice Peltre.

What Liberty Ate

What Liberty Ate

“In the second issue you can read gorgeous interviews with Aran Goyoaga and Béatrice Peltre and you will find here affordable recipes with focus on seasonal ingredients and inspiring photography with emphasis on home feeling. Equally, you will discover enthusiastic Romanian food blogs, such as Just love Cookin’, Alison’s trials, Gatherings of the World, and their vision about food and photography. We also featured a wonderful haute couture house found in Bucharest by the curious team of Designist. The art and joy of the perfect tea has been presented to us by Miss Babacilu, a costume jewelry designer.” Great job Gabriela, nicely done and so inspiring for all!

(images: what liberty ate)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on May 06, 2012

1. Mina commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 1:19pm

I just love the relaxed and simple feel of this magazine. It’s so classy and elegant. Thanks for sharing!

2. Gabriela {What Liberty Ate} commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 2:08pm

Thank you Holly, for this amazing feature! I hope, you all will enjoy this issue, as it was made with so much love and passion. Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Gabriela {What Liberty Ate}´s last blog post ..French Madeleines and Millésime

3. Yolonda commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 2:43pm

Delicious! Everything looks tasty + I ? the Clark quote.
    Yolonda´s last blog post ..New look

4. Tracy A. commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 3:09pm

Gorgeous! You always bring such wonderful things to my attention!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..“What is elegance? Soap and water!” ~ Cecil Beaton

5. argone commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 3:12pm

I love this magazine !!! so inspiring … thank you :-)

6. Karena commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 4:34pm

Holly how wonderfully artistic, thank you so so much!!

I have featured an Interview on my site with Tina from The Enchanted Home…

xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena
    Karena´s last blog post ..Featuring Tina from The Enchanted Home An Interview and Giveaway

7. Lori commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 4:36pm

Gorgeous styling and photographs! So easy on the eyes…

8. Callie Grayson commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 5:26pm

Holly,
    Thank you, you always find the most inspirational places…. Can’t wait to gobble up the second issue! The photos are amazing
    xx
    Callie
    Callie Grayson´s last blog post ..ARTWORK: Jade Jagger

9. Ría commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 6:14pm

I can’t wait to read it. The pictures look so good.

Ría´s last blog post ..New life for a magazine

10. Anuszka commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 6:45pm

What a great rainbow cake!

11. Inés commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 8:31pm

Love it!…gorgeous styling, very relaxed!

Have the best Sunday!

Big hugs!
    Inés

Inés´s last blog post ..Simply White Mood…

12. Jenni @ Jarfly commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 9:07pm

That rainbow cake is so fun! Keeping that one in mind for the future!

13. caroline trend-daily commented
    May 6th, 2012 at 11:51pm

Such beautiful styling and photography_what a stunning issue. Thanks so much for sharing.
    caroline trend-daily´s last blog post ..Moodboards Elle Decoration

14. Amber commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 3:36am

Wow, amazing! Such beautiful photography… So glad to have discovered it through here :) Thanks for sharing it!
    Amber´s last blog post ..Inspiration Spaces

15. shanon commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 5:03am

Holy moly! Wow. Lovely.
    shanon´s last blog post ..Our Year of Photos: week 17

16. Shane commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 6:08am

Yes I do agree that the photos are just so gorgeous. They look so great and look so delicious. When will this magazine be released internationally? Thanks for sharing!
    Shane´s last blog post ..How To Pick Up Girls

17. Laura Driha commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 7:43am

Hihi, I was so surprised to find “MUCENICI” in my daily mail from you! Gabriela Iancu is such a great “food lover”, you’ll adore her!
    We have great food here in Romania! You should try it!!
    Laura Driha´s last blog post ..Sunt ceea ce-mi doream sa fiu

18. Everpretty commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 7:45am

Oh this is beautiful, I want to get out my own watercolors now.

19. Gabriela {What Liberty Ate} commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 12:55pm

Thank you everyone for this amazing feedback. I am so happy to find out your wonderful thoughts about this new issue.

@Shane – currently I’m publishing the magazine both in English and Romanian, both version being available online, world wide, free of charge. I do think to make the magazine in print for future, at this point, though, you can read it just online.
    Gabriela {What Liberty Ate}´s last blog post ..French Madeleines and Millésime

20. Sandra commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 2:38pm

More gorgeous and inspiring food styling and photography. Thank you for this! I wish that I could hop out of bed this morning and cook and photograph. I will, it’ll just be a few spots down on the list once my family is roused and fed and watered and dressed and I have walked them to school on this lovely sunny day!
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Friday, it’s Friday!

21. dervla @ The Curator commented
    May 7th, 2012 at 10:57pm

thank you for featuring this, what a gorgeous digital magazine and blog. I’m loving all the options out there nowadays.
    dervla @ The Curator´s last blog post ..Curator Picks – 5/4

22. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    May 8th, 2012 at 1:50am

Oh how lovely! Thank you for sharing this beautiful digital magazine with us. The pictures are truly inspiring.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..A walk around the backyard…

23. Ellen Crimi-Trent commented
    May 9th, 2012 at 5:51pm

your killing me with all this tasty food- FYI I am making a rainbow cake for my little guys bday- I cannot wait- its going to be so much fun!
    Ellen Crimi-Trent´s last blog post ..New Prints and New products

24. April, Everyday Forgotten commented
    May 10th, 2012 at 5:02pm

Oh wow! Thanks so much for sharing this. I am in food heaven right now after browsing through this haha!
    April, Everyday Forgotten´s last blog post ..Dusty Pink

25. decor8 commented
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:16pm

@Jen Causey – Hi!!! How are you? It’s been awhile and I hope that you are well. I don’t think What Liberty Ate is a direct copy of What Katie Ate or else I wouldn’t have blogged about it because I don’t seek to support copycats.Katie is in a league of her own. I see tons of people out there with a similar aesthetic but are doing their own thing really well in their own right. As for the name, I’ll give you that, it is a bit too close for comfort but I never noticed it until you pointed it out.

26. Gabriela {What Liberty Ate} commented
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:54pm

@Holly – Hi! You pointed out very well the differences, thank you. As I have already told to Jen Causey on Twitter, the names are far away from being similar. It might seem because of the association of the words, to be similar, but the meaning is different, and the people who are reading my blog and have seen my work know that we are completely different styles. The name of my blog is supporting the concept of freedom and it’s going into a totally different direction than Katie’s. It has also a tag line which is completing the name by “raspberries and chocolate”. We are both speaking about food and taking photographs, but again, this is not a sign of similitude. Moreover, I feel is quite unfair from Jen’s part to make such statements, before really checking what’s behind all this work. Otherwise, I think we can name here a few other pretty popular food blogs which are using Katie’s style (meaning : fonts, making magazines, photo style, etc., etc.), but no one is judging them, because their blog names happen just not be using words as “what” and “ate”. Thank you
    Gabriela {What Liberty Ate}´s last blog post ..French Madeleines and Millésime

27. decor8 commented
    May 12th, 2012 at 10:19pm

@Gabriela – Hello! Thank you for your comment!

I wish bloggers would talk to eachother through private email and less “through” blog comments and publicly…. It seems so counterproductive and puts me, who was only trying to do good, in the middle and I don’t want to be.