Flower Power & Inspired Weddings By Matthew Robbins

Last weekend we celebrated our anniversary at home with our family and my husband surprised me with this beautiful and very unique arrangement of flowers from a local florist called Indigo. I found it so unusual, I had to photograph it and share it with you. It’s pretty cool, right!?

Flowers from Thorsten

Even though I’ve lived in Germany for nearly three years, I’m still surprised by how often I stumble upon things that still feel so new to me. I’ve never seen an arrangement like this before and find the way that some German florists create arrangements to be so fascinating and not at all typical. It’s fun to see such creativity and inspires me to experiment more too and to venture outside of the box.

Speaking of flowers, I was recently sent a copy of Matthew Robbins’ new book, Inspired Weddings, and am completely smitten by it. Everything about his work and his book make me tingle from top to bottom. It’s a masterpiece. Good work, Matthew – you really nailed it and gave us what was missing out there.

Inspired Weddings

Inspired Weddings

If you love party planning, color, flowers and are in need of a fresh perspective then I highly suggest picking up a copy of his book which is currently available on Amazon. Wow, what an unbelievable book, really!

(images: top: holly becker, all others, from Inspired Weddings)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on July 17, 2012

1. Sarah {Lacquer and Linen} commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 9:44pm

That arrangement is stunning! I love all the different shapes and textures, especially those lovely white and pink bulbs at the base. The pot really compliments the tones in the arrangement. Way to go Thorsten!!
    Sarah {Lacquer and Linen}´s last blog post ..Starting Small: Wallpaper

2. Inge commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 9:57pm

How sweet of your husband to give you such a beautiful flower arrangement! I love the style and colours! To be honest, also Belgian florists do have a similar style in arranging flowers (like German florists), which is totally different than the American way for example. This post actually reminds me to buy more fresh flowers for my own home… it brightens up grey & rainy days. :-)
    Much love, Inge x
    Inge´s last blog post ..Vintage camera love

3. Esther commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 10:12pm

Oh, this is lovely!! Not too overly sweet. I like it.
    Esther.
    Esther´s last blog post ..Summer crochet blanket tadaaa

4. Priti commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 10:13pm

Woah….am a die hard lover of flowers and I love to make arrangements for parties but often get confused when it comes to flower arrangements…I think I need to refer Matthew Robbins’ book. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Priti´s last blog post ..Use Your Favorite “Red Color” to Decorate Your Home

5. marta commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 10:15pm

These flowers are amazing! …It’ s about flowers from Your Husband :) I want to know florist, that will make such a original bouquet for me… Your opinion about Matthew is so good that I regret I didn’t have this book three years ago! :)
    marta from ohmyhome.pl

6. Ariana {And Here We Are...} commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 10:41pm

You know, when we were living in Bavaria, there was a little flower shop around the corner from us. The owner made such incredibly beautiful and creative arrangements– the one you showed reminded me of hers, and made me miss her, suddenly. I used to set aside a little money in my budget to buy a new arrangement every couple of weeks, and I remember trying so hard with my German to ask her questions about her work– she was of course always so patient and sweet!
    Ariana {And Here We Are…}´s last blog post ..Sharing Our Life in Bury St. Edmunds

7. Groves Interiors commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 10:53pm

These flowers are amazing! But I can’t help but be drawn to the beautiful pin board in the background, love it!
    Groves Interiors´s last blog post ..Handmade ceramics

8. Kristin Johnsen commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 11:12pm

Love the flower arrangement! I always like it when pods and unusual materials are arranged with pretty flowers. In Seattle, micheals buckets in harbor steps always does very inspired work!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..More Widgets For Your Blog

9. Kristin Johnsen commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 11:14pm

Holly – I’ve noticed that since yu’ve changed your blog, my most recent posts are never attached- instead its the generic WordPress site if the day! Maybe that master of the web Thorsten can give me a clue on how to get it so my personal site shows up again? Must say I really like the looks of your new site- very classy!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..More Widgets For Your Blog

10. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 11:14pm

Happy Anniversary! the arrangement is stunning!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Girl’s Night Out, #Applebees and a Giveaway

11. Abigail Percy@abigail*ryan commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 11:38pm

Such a beautiful arrangement, Holly… and congrats on your anniversary- what a nice surprise from your husband!

The book looks delicious… I am soaking up any and all floral inspiration I can get at the moment, as I am planning on doing the flowers for our Wedding in September. This is a lot to live up to, but shows how AMAZING all kinds of styling looks – flowers are so gorgeous, I’m hoping it will be hard to fail ;)
    x
    Abigail Percy@abigail*ryan´s last blog post ..Bloom…

12. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 12:39am

I love the soft colors here…very ethereal!
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..DIY Ombre Tablecloth

13. Alexandra commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 1:11am

Wow, that bouquet is gorgeous…I’ve never seen anything like it either! Kudos to the husband for thinking outside the box.

14. Shalagh commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 1:35am

Happy Anniversary to you and yours.. Were that I was lucky enough to have a florist who did such beautiful work within even an hour of my home. I’d make up reasons to get flowers. Hey my teeth are whiter. Hey, It’s national zucchini day. Thanks for the book referral. I hope to encounter and devour it soon.

15. martine commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 1:51am

Congratulations. Beautiful flowers. Lovely vase/pot too.

16. fenny setiawan commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 3:43am

Happy anniversary Holly. The flower arrangement definitely stunning. T had a very good taste on flower too :).

17. Tina Ramchandani commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 3:44am

That is an unusual arrangement but it is somehow pleasing to the eye. It may be the vertical pieces soften by the small flower bulbs. I like it!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Prinstagram – Mini Instagram Stickers

18. Tina Ramchandani commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 3:45am

Oh yes! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Prinstagram – Mini Instagram Stickers

19. Natalie / Half Asleep Studio commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 5:25am

awesome! i’ve really been into unusual flower bouquets lately – looks like a fun book, too.
    Natalie / Half Asleep Studio´s last blog post ..a day at pioneer farm.

20. decor8 commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 12:12pm

@kristin – it is because you are entering your blog address incorrectly – you are using @ instead of .

:) thanks for always leaving such nice comments, I look forward to them each time!

21. Momographica commented
    July 19th, 2012 at 7:44pm

This is stunning! Great suggestion, thanks Holly :)
    Momographica´s last blog post ..Windows Stories

22. Susan commented
    July 21st, 2012 at 5:55pm

Matthew just spoke at our Artful Wedding event in Richmond, Va. His idea of using a personal, inspiration item as a jumping off point for one’s wedding is beautifully illustrated in his book. P.S. I want one of those arrangements delivered, too!