Liz & Jewels

I taught a morning session at a food styling and photography workshop recently and it was there that I made several new friends. Two lovely and talented German ladies really stood out as they are both authors, cooks, photographers and stylists (whoa!) and now – new bloggers! They are Liz and Jewels and together they’ve launched a blog and I love their concept. Check it out below…

Liz and Jewels

“Every week, we will come together (virtually!) to challenge each other.  We will both cook the same recipe, then style it and photograph it. But far apart from each other… Liz in Münster (Germany), Jewels in New York. We do expect difficulties: and exactly that tempts us! Will we find the same ingredients, how much does the dish cost in Germany, how much in the US? Will Liz find and use the same brown sugar as Jewels? Will we interpret the recipe the same way? When two people follow the same recipe, will they actually end up eating the same dish? Whatever comes out of it: We will share it with you. And we want you to participate by giving us ideas for recipes. Tell us what to cook or bake next!” – cool blog idea, right? I love it.

Liz and Jewels

Liz and Jewels

Liz & Jewels

If you think a food blog like this may interest you, make sure to visit Liz & Jewels right here. Congrats on your new blog, ladies!

(images: liz & jewels)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on July 17, 2012

1. Lisa commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 9:14pm

Dear Holly,
    thank you very much!
    Big hug, Lisa

2. Lisa commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 9:16pm

Dear Holly,
    thank you very much!
    Big hug, Lisa
    Lisa´s last blog post ..ONE battle in TWO pots – the premiere!

3. Julia commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 9:23pm

what an awesome idea!
    Julia´s last blog post ..Photo a Day July Week #2

4. Esther commented
    July 17th, 2012 at 10:13pm

Oh my!! This post makes me so hungry. I love the sight of that strawberrie pie. Mmm.
    Esther.
    Esther´s last blog post ..Summer crochet blanket tadaaa

5. Samira commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 12:47am

Looks so yummy!!!!
    Samira´s last blog post ..Rays #2

6. fenny setiawan commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 3:44am

Thank you for sharing. I love to read and find out more and more about food blogger, especially with beautiful styling pictures.

7. Tina Ramchandani commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 3:47am

That is a fantastic idea! It will be interesting to see how each person, in different environments, interprets the recipe and what items look like when finished.
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Prinstagram – Mini Instagram Stickers

8. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 5:46am

I am really loving the tree ring trend (not sure what else to call it!) that I am seeing… beautiful.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Girl’s Night Out, #Applebees and a Giveaway

9. ursula (room to bloom) commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 9:02am

Ver cool idea indeed!
    ursula (room to bloom)´s last blog post ..forestblue factory: sir hopsalot

10. Jeanny commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 4:40pm

Lovely blog and their competition is such a sweet idea. Thanks for sharing, Holly!

J

11. Debbie commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 6:38pm

These ladies will have to begin translating their recipes in to English if they want a wider audience. Loved the cake w/coffee pot photo, but sadly, can’t attempt the cake.

12. Melinda commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 6:41pm

This is a fantastic idea. I love to see how different people interpret the same idea.

p.s. That strawberry cheesecake is certainly eye-catching and causing lots of us to drool :o)

13. Simone commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 10:28pm

Such a cool concept indeed! I had just read about it on facebook somewhere and am loving the results sofar!
    Simone´s last blog post ..Apricot-mango jam for Monthly Mingle – A taste of yellow

14. Mel commented
    July 21st, 2012 at 10:42am

what a great concept indeed. popping over now to check it out!
    Mel´s last blog post ..Cheese, the “how to” guide (for us non French folk)

15. Emily commented
    July 21st, 2012 at 6:15pm

What a fun and creative idea for a blog. And I love their photography and they have the sweetest logo.
    I’m really looking forward to following this one. Thanks for the link Holly! x
    Emily´s last blog post ..A long weekend just for me

16. Chrystina commented
    July 22nd, 2012 at 10:36pm

You know. I wouldn’t consider my blog a food blog. And I don’t actually read any food blogs – probably because I don’t have any time to get better at cooking. However, food photography would probably also be useful in terms of party hosting because food does make its way onto the scene. This is something I am definitely going to add to my list of “things I could improve upon”, thanks for inspiring/reminding me.
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..it feels good to be back