NEW: Home & Delicious Magazine From Iceland

I heard from the very sweet Halla Bára Gestsdóttir earlier this week, who is based in Reykjavik, and she told me all about her new home and food magazine called Home & Delicious (view a digital copy here) which she and her husband Gunnar Sverrison created. She will feature me in an interview in their next issue, but I thought I’d share Home & Delicious with you much sooner than that because it’s so lovely.

NEW: Home & Delicious Magazine

I love the section openers with the chevron patterns… so pretty and fresh. There are so many fascinating Icelandic homes and product round ups along with recipes, DIY projects and the best part for me is that it’s all in English. There are some pages that start playing music or product ads so just be careful if you are viewing this magazine at work – turn down the sound on your computer! :)

NEW: Home & Delicious Magazine

It’s over 180 pages so dig in and don’t miss the interview with Emma from Emmasdesignblogg on pages 180-181 – so happy to see Emma and to read more about her inspirations and future goals with her blog.

(images: home & delicious magazine)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on July 18, 2012

1. Hollie@MiaFleur commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 2:59pm

Love this new mag, thanks for sharing Holly! I’ve posted the link to it on my Twitter, so others can enjoy it too! Look forward to reading your interview in the next issue.
    Hollie@MiaFleur´s last blog post ..Harrogate, Birthdays and Macaroons

2. Laura Trevey commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 3:06pm

Looks like a wonderful magazine full of inspiration and surprises. Thanks for the introduction.
    Laura Trevey´s last blog post ..Shopbop Giveaway

3. Kathi commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 3:43pm

It looks lovely! I lived in Iceland and Danmark for some while, and I love the Scandinavian style! I will definitely keep up with that magazine! Thanks for the share :)
    Kathi´s last blog post ..Fashion Blogger Flea Market @MQ, Vienna

4. tinajo commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 4:01pm

Looks really nice, I´d love to take a look in that – and the chevron was a great choice in my opinion! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Good morning!

5. Bonnie commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 7:47pm

Looks amazingly refreshing and appears to have lots of personality, if you can say that about a magazine. Thanks for sharing.

6. Samantha commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 8:31pm

Thank you for giving me another reason to love Iceland! I’ve only been to the airport there (on a layover, way back in 1984!), and long to go back and see the country. One of my favorite photographers, Laura Kicey, has fantastic photos of her Iceland adventure on her flickr. It’s so intriguing!

7. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 8:54pm

Oh how wonderful! I’ll have to check that magazine out. Thank you!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Don’t ever tell dad you are bored…

8. Glenda Childers commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 9:20pm

Your new blog design is fun and welcoming.
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Home is where the heart is

9. Mark E Tisdale commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 9:25pm

Love the look of the hallway and stair, but that open stair would also play havoc with my fear of heights! Yikes!
    Mark E Tisdale´s last blog post ..Family Photo Restored

10. Igor commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 9:47pm

This is a great discovery, Holly. I am off to check it out in detail.
    Igor´s last blog post ..5 Happy Inspirations: Copper Love

11. Helen commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 10:50pm

Thanks for sharing this. I love finding new home mags to drool over :)

12. diane commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 11:01pm

So fun to see how an interesting part of the world designs and cooks. Look forward to future issues

13. Laura Gaskill commented
    July 18th, 2012 at 11:42pm

Iceland has been in my top 5 places I want to go for years, so it’s especially fun to see decorating ideas from Reykjavik! And I’m dying to find bentwood armchairs just like those in the dining room above for my breakfast nook :)

Really creative find – and I can’t wait to see your feature next month!
    xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..A Dozen Things To Make & Do On Your Summer Vacation

14. Rebecca commented
    July 19th, 2012 at 11:16am

This looks amazing, definitley going to grab a cuppa and sit down for a good read later!x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..best of the web feature…

15. D commented
    July 19th, 2012 at 3:07pm

I love Iceland, it definitely feels magical when your there. I was fortunate enough to see residential interiors so I’m definitely going to flip through and check out their unique style!

16. Maria @ All Things Luxurious commented
    July 19th, 2012 at 6:39pm

This is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing. :-)
    Maria @ All Things Luxurious´s last blog post ..Nancy Meyers Movie Interiors: "The Holiday"

17. Inge commented
    July 19th, 2012 at 9:26pm

OMG, I just fell in love with that open stairs and hallway! How cute and cozy is that? Thanks for the introduction Holly, it looks like a fresh new magazine. Do you know if I can pick up a copy here in Belgium?
    Thanks for letting me know!
    Much love, Inge x
    Inge´s last blog post ..Lisa Leonard {a lovely find}

18. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    July 19th, 2012 at 11:51pm

it is in deed a very good magazine, love the design and stories. I viewed it the other day and will read it properly over the weekend.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..10% discount to celebrate the launch of the new site

19. gina commented
    July 19th, 2012 at 11:52pm

Why is it that when I come here for a quick visit, I look up at the clock, and 2 hours have already passed!
    LOVE this blog! sooo addicting !
    hugs
    -Gina
    gina´s last blog post ..Thai Bamboo Curry VEGAN

20. caroline @trend-daily commented
    July 20th, 2012 at 12:41am

Just lovely-thanks so much for sharing-will have a good read now! :-)
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..Styling Details…

21. Janell Beals commented
    July 20th, 2012 at 6:35am

Looks fantastic, off to check it out! Janell

22. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    July 20th, 2012 at 6:53am

Love those ombre wooden kitchen utensils!
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Painted Desk Pots

23. Ana commented
    July 20th, 2012 at 9:58am

Everything looks gorgeous!! Love the colors, the chevron tiles, all the details…

24. Greta commented
    July 20th, 2012 at 10:00am

Looks just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it is always good with new inspiration! :)
    Greta´s last blog post ..Acorn

25. Yemi@Baby Nursery ideas commented
    July 20th, 2012 at 2:50pm

Looks very nice. Thanks for sharing, off to check it out.
    Yemi@Baby Nursery ideas´s last blog post ..Breathtaking Baby Nursery ideas: For a baby girl’s room be inspired

26. Helga @ SoupDesign commented
    July 20th, 2012 at 7:37pm

Thank you for your kind words about the magazine. I really look forward to reading your interview.

I wanted to let you all know that if you head on over to the Home & Delicious Blog you can download the chevron pattern for your ipad or you can go over to the SoupDesign blog for the pattern for you iphone. Enjoy!

27. dagny bjorg from FEEL INSPIRED commented
    July 21st, 2012 at 6:01pm

Absolutely love their magazine! I was in awe after reading it, so inspiring. Love the home they visited in Thingeyri (my hometown), just gorgeous.

28. Esther commented
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:54pm

Doesn’t that look just lovely! A beautiful magazine indeed!
    Esther.
    Esther´s last blog post ..Meet the Olympic team

29. Richard Purvis commented
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:20pm

Looks like a great mag, love Scandinavian style, will be looking out for the mag.

30. Stacey commented
    July 23rd, 2012 at 11:23pm

love it all! thanks for sharing Hollie!
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Sitting Pretty: Before & After.

31. Jolie commented
    July 24th, 2012 at 12:35pm

“There are some pages that start playing music or product ads so just be careful if you are viewing this magazine at work – turn down the sound on your computer! :)” … hahaha cute… I’ll keep that in mind.

32. LookbookUnlimited commented
    July 24th, 2012 at 3:39pm

Looks really nice, I was looking for some new magazines. Thanks for sharing :)
    LookbookUnlimited´s last blog post ..Anthropologie: Elegant & Creative / Zarif & Yaratıcı

33. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    July 24th, 2012 at 8:09pm

Very interesting and inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
    PriscilaPetersDecor´s last blog post ..A charming cottage kitchen

34. Lakshi commented
    July 25th, 2012 at 11:36am

Thanks for introducing us to this new magazine, Holly. A neat compilation and loved the first shot of the home tour.
    Lakshi´s last blog post ..Doors by Santhana krishnan