Inspiration

July 18, 2012

I heard from the very sweet Halla Bára Gestsdóttir earlier this week, who is based in Reykjavik, and she told me all about her new home and food magazine called Home & Delicious (view a digital copy here) which she and her husband Gunnar Sverrison created. She will feature me in an interview in their next issue, but I thought I’d share Home & Delicious with you much sooner than that because it’s so lovely.

NEW: Home & Delicious Magazine From Iceland

I love the section openers with the chevron patterns… so pretty and fresh. There are so many fascinating Icelandic homes and product round ups along with recipes, DIY projects and the best part for me is that it’s all in English. There are some pages that start playing music or product ads so just be careful if you are viewing this magazine at work – turn down the sound on your computer! :)

NEW: Home & Delicious Magazine From Iceland

It’s over 180 pages so dig in and don’t miss the interview with Emma from Emmasdesignblogg on pages 180-181 – so happy to see Emma and to read more about her inspirations and future goals with her blog.

(images: home & delicious magazine)

You Might Also Like

34 Comments

• Reply Hollie@MiaFleur July 18, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Love this new mag, thanks for sharing Holly! I’ve posted the link to it on my Twitter, so others can enjoy it too! Look forward to reading your interview in the next issue.

• Reply Laura Trevey July 18, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Looks like a wonderful magazine full of inspiration and surprises. Thanks for the introduction.

• Reply Kathi July 18, 2012 at 3:43 pm

It looks lovely! I lived in Iceland and Danmark for some while, and I love the Scandinavian style! I will definitely keep up with that magazine! Thanks for the share :)

• Reply tinajo July 18, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Looks really nice, I´d love to take a look in that – and the chevron was a great choice in my opinion! :-)

• Reply Bonnie July 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Looks amazingly refreshing and appears to have lots of personality, if you can say that about a magazine. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Samantha July 18, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Thank you for giving me another reason to love Iceland! I’ve only been to the airport there (on a layover, way back in 1984!), and long to go back and see the country. One of my favorite photographers, Laura Kicey, has fantastic photos of her Iceland adventure on her flickr. It’s so intriguing!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang July 18, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Oh how wonderful! I’ll have to check that magazine out. Thank you!

• Reply Glenda Childers July 18, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Your new blog design is fun and welcoming.

• Reply Mark E Tisdale July 18, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Love the look of the hallway and stair, but that open stair would also play havoc with my fear of heights! Yikes!

• Reply Igor July 18, 2012 at 9:47 pm

This is a great discovery, Holly. I am off to check it out in detail.

• Reply Helen July 18, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I love finding new home mags to drool over :)

• Reply diane July 18, 2012 at 11:01 pm

So fun to see how an interesting part of the world designs and cooks. Look forward to future issues

• Reply Laura Gaskill July 18, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Iceland has been in my top 5 places I want to go for years, so it’s especially fun to see decorating ideas from Reykjavik! And I’m dying to find bentwood armchairs just like those in the dining room above for my breakfast nook :)

Really creative find – and I can’t wait to see your feature next month!
    xo Laura

• Reply Rebecca July 19, 2012 at 11:16 am

This looks amazing, definitley going to grab a cuppa and sit down for a good read later!x

• Reply D July 19, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I love Iceland, it definitely feels magical when your there. I was fortunate enough to see residential interiors so I’m definitely going to flip through and check out their unique style!

• Reply Maria @ All Things Luxurious July 19, 2012 at 6:39 pm

This is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

• Reply Inge July 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm

OMG, I just fell in love with that open stairs and hallway! How cute and cozy is that? Thanks for the introduction Holly, it looks like a fresh new magazine. Do you know if I can pick up a copy here in Belgium?
    Thanks for letting me know!
    Much love, Inge x

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo July 19, 2012 at 11:51 pm

it is in deed a very good magazine, love the design and stories. I viewed it the other day and will read it properly over the weekend.

• Reply gina July 19, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Why is it that when I come here for a quick visit, I look up at the clock, and 2 hours have already passed!
    LOVE this blog! sooo addicting !
    hugs
    -Gina

• Reply caroline @trend-daily July 20, 2012 at 12:41 am

Just lovely-thanks so much for sharing-will have a good read now! :-)

• Reply Janell Beals July 20, 2012 at 6:35 am

Looks fantastic, off to check it out! Janell

• Reply Jessica @shimmerkai July 20, 2012 at 6:53 am

Love those ombre wooden kitchen utensils!

• Reply Ana July 20, 2012 at 9:58 am

Everything looks gorgeous!! Love the colors, the chevron tiles, all the details…

• Reply Greta July 20, 2012 at 10:00 am

Looks just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it is always good with new inspiration! :)

• Reply Yemi@Baby Nursery ideas July 20, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Looks very nice. Thanks for sharing, off to check it out.

• Reply Helga @ SoupDesign July 20, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Thank you for your kind words about the magazine. I really look forward to reading your interview.

I wanted to let you all know that if you head on over to the Home & Delicious Blog you can download the chevron pattern for your ipad or you can go over to the SoupDesign blog for the pattern for you iphone. Enjoy!

• Reply dagny bjorg from FEEL INSPIRED July 21, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Absolutely love their magazine! I was in awe after reading it, so inspiring. Love the home they visited in Thingeyri (my hometown), just gorgeous.

• Reply Esther July 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Doesn’t that look just lovely! A beautiful magazine indeed!
    Esther.

• Reply Richard Purvis July 23, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Looks like a great mag, love Scandinavian style, will be looking out for the mag.

• Reply Stacey July 23, 2012 at 11:23 pm

love it all! thanks for sharing Hollie!

• Reply Jolie July 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm

“There are some pages that start playing music or product ads so just be careful if you are viewing this magazine at work – turn down the sound on your computer! :)” … hahaha cute… I’ll keep that in mind.

• Reply LookbookUnlimited July 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Looks really nice, I was looking for some new magazines. Thanks for sharing :)

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor July 24, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Very interesting and inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Lakshi July 25, 2012 at 11:36 am

Thanks for introducing us to this new magazine, Holly. A neat compilation and loved the first shot of the home tour.