Inspiration

New! The Simple Things

July 30, 2012

It was such a treat to hear from Lyndsey Mayhew, who heads up Marketing for UK crafty mag, Mollie Makes. Lyndsey is currently a student of mine in my online course, Blogging Your Way, and wrote in to thank me for the class which was such an honor to know that she enjoyed it so much.

New! The Simple Things

Lyndsey then told me about a new venture in addition to Mollie Makes… A magazine called The Simple Things that will soon be published in print as a sister title beginning in the UK on September 6th.

New! The Simple Things

About the magazine, “The Simple Things is a new monthly print magazine celebrating the things that matter most. It’s about knowing the greatest rewards come from the simplest things, that there’s no satisfaction like that at the end of a long muddy walk, no pink so pretty as freshly-cut rhubarb, no perfume to compare with your own home-grown flowers. It’s about making warm inviting homes – big or small – sharing food with friends, growing your own vegetables. It’s about shopping for a coffee table only to find you’re happy with a tea chest. It’s keeping your dad’s old typewriter just because it’s beautiful. It’s an empty beach on a Sunday morning. It’s backpedaling.” So many sweet thoughts!

New! The Simple Things

New! The Simple Things

New! The Simple Things

New! The Simple Things

Lyndsey wanted to show decor8 readers a glimpse of the pre-launch mag cover and some views of the inside of the magazine, which you can also view online here. Congrats to Lyndsey and her crew on their latest adventure!

(images: the simple things)

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply Inge July 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm

This is proof that I definitely must start in October with the Blogging Your Way ecourse! :) It all looks so inspirational and lovely, Lindsey’s so talented! Congratulations Holly, you’re doing such a great job as well, you inspire us all!
    Inge x

• Reply Monica Lee July 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Excited to see this new mag! Huge fan of Mollie Makes!

• Reply Kat July 30, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Oh thanks for telling us about this Lyndsey and Holly. I love Mollie makes and this new magazine looks just my cup of tea too :)
    I shall be looking forward to it in September, love the title too!
    Love kat x

• Reply Tania Welch July 30, 2012 at 2:29 pm

As a maker who also embraces living simply and lovely, I’m so excited for the launch of this magazine. In a world that typically can be fast paced, a bit of simplicity and consciously surrounding ourselves with the things that matter most can create a quietness that I believe so many of us crave and appreciate. Thank you for sharing!

Warmly,
    Tania Welch

• Reply Isa Maria July 30, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Mollie Makes is one of my favourite magazines so I will certainly be checking out The Simple Things. My word for 2012 is Simplify in life and business and I’ve been taking a step back to notice those little things that make life special so this is perfect for me.

• Reply Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse July 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm

thanks for sharing holly, the simple things looks lovely.

• Reply elli by studio34E July 30, 2012 at 2:53 pm

we can’t wait…!!!good luck!

• Reply Lakshmi July 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Awesome..it’s so inspiring to see many so many new online magazines on the block.

• Reply Rebecca July 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I am a massive fan of Mollie Makes and cannot wait for this to come out!x

• Reply Jessica @shimmerkai July 30, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Love the word wall decor!

• Reply Nisrine July 30, 2012 at 5:41 pm

The magazine looks lovely. Congrats to Lindsey and thank you for sharing this with us. I love your blog; it is inspiring!!

• Reply sandra lund July 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I love the home office space in the second picture!

• Reply Jules July 30, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Best of luck, Lyndsey! I’d love a magazine like this in the states. I suppose Kinfolk comes close in some ways, as does Taproot if you crave a more natural approach, but something tells me it’s not quite the same.

• Reply Zoe W. July 30, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Fantastic! I already enjoy Mollie Makes so I’ll have a look into this one as well. Thanks for the heads up.

• Reply Marianne July 30, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Hmm, seems like a great mag. I will keep an eye on it.

• Reply Emma July 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Wow looking forward to this – I already subscribe to Mollie Makes and it is such a lovely magazine – I am always excited when it arrives each month!

• Reply Anna @ Creative Mischief July 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Ahhh, Holly, you beat me to it on this post. I discovered The Simple Things only last night but I didn’t realise it was my fellow student Lyndsey Mayhew. I’m so excited for the first issue!

• Reply Marta Costa July 30, 2012 at 10:23 pm

The magazine “sounds” amazing!

The description only made me want to buy it right now :)

• Reply All things nice... July 30, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Wow sounds like a lovely magazine and almost like my blog too.
    I am a seeker of all things nice, colourful, pretty & stylish. My blog gathers together things from my everyday personal life & tries to sprinkle a little happiness into other peoples lives…. Happiness is the simple things in life which we all cherish so sounds like this magazine is going to be brillant :)

All things nice…

• Reply Vicki Dvorak July 31, 2012 at 12:08 am

What a perfect concept for a magazine. :) And, Holly, I think it’s so sweet how you support and encourage your students. xo

• Reply theaxx July 31, 2012 at 6:33 am

Gosh, it’s like Spoonful, but for the home! How exciting! Can’t wait to read it ;)

thea.
    xx

• Reply elisa July 31, 2012 at 6:47 am

ah, just my sort of magazine. it looks glorious. x

• Reply Sharon July 31, 2012 at 8:15 am

I love Mollie Makes… can’t wait to see their new sister magazine. It looks wonderful. Great cover…. How nice that Lyndsey was in our class – so many great people in the BYW community!

• Reply Camille July 31, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I like the idea of the editorial line.

• Reply Folksy July 31, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Looking forward to this!

• Reply Karena July 31, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Congrats to Lindsey! I applaud her efforts!! Of course you are such an inspiration Holly.

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

• Reply Katie August 3, 2012 at 7:20 pm

You beat me to it! I found out about this earlier this week and am SO excited. Their issuu mag looks fantastic – will definitely be picking a copy of this up…