Chalkboard Illustrations at Ladenlokal

Just when you think you are the culture expert in your city you realize just how overblown your ego is and that you really need to stay on your game! I thought I knew everything that was going on in my city (typical city pride) until my friends at Anthology magazine in the faraway land of San Francisco sent me a tweet yesterday asking if I knew about Ladenlokal in Hannover, Germany (where I live) because they had put up a post about it. Ummm well… Instead of smugly replying, “But of course”, I slithered beneath my office chair because I had never heard of it in my life.

Chalkboard Illustrations at Ladenlokal

How did I miss this super cool looking fine foods shop that doubles as a cafe which is only a bike ride away? Am I working THAT hard in my office? This place is so extremely fresh looking, you simply mist check out these chalk illos from Pamela Rama too – how nice does this look?

Chalkboard Illustrations at Ladenlokal

Chalkboard Illustrations at Ladenlokal

I’m definitely hitting this place soon. And I love the idea of beautiful chalk illustrations on walls vs. the usual scribbling of grocery lists or kids marking them up in rainbow pastel colors. Very pretty and a great find Anthology!

(images: ladenlokal)

Posted by decor8 in design on September 12, 2012

1. Igor commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:14pm

What a great place!! A must visit I’d say!!!
    Igor´s last blog post ..5 Happy Inspirations: Happiness!

2. Sabine commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:47pm

Wow, that’s a wonderful place and idea. Must definitely stop there, when I’m going to my hometown Hildesheim next time. Thanks for the tip! :)
    Sabine´s last blog post ..photo walk: bike signs

3. Julie commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 4:32pm

Wow, that looks great – I love places like that!
    Julie´s last blog post ..Cypriot Style?

4. Angela commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 4:34pm

A lovely work. I like to see real good design.
    Angela´s last blog post ..ColorLove: SHADES OF NATURE

5. Tiffany commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 4:46pm

You had me at the llama!
    Tiffany´s last blog post ..3 FALL INSPIRED IPHONE BACKGROUNDS

6. crriena commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 4:54pm

hej,
    that’s so lovely! if you ever came to stuttgart you should have a drink at “wurst & fleisch”. The window illustrations and typography are awesome!

7. sunny commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 5:11pm

what a beautiful cafe! wish I could visit it!!!
    sunny´s last blog post ..intentional living

8. Tracey@chalkboard living commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 5:15pm

So cool. But then i cannot resist a chalkboard! ;)
    Tracey@chalkboard living´s last blog post ..Some girls like pink: My Room – Jess

9. Mnêmosunê commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 5:38pm

What a lovely place ! It seems very cool.
    Mnêmosunê´s last blog post ..Petit bonheur du matin #4

10. caveau commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 5:58pm

A very nice place. What a good design!

11. eskimo*rose commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 6:43pm

The only thing I have managed to do to our new house since we moved in (a year ago – the little one keeps us very busy!) is make a big chalkboard in the kitchen – I love it, although I envisaged it looking a little more artistic as in your images, but it actually looks like a big scribble … much more homely though, tells a story of lots of kids!
    eskimo*rose´s last blog post ..a break … literally and metaphorically

12. Iva Y commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 6:49pm

This is gorgeous! I think I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – your neighborhood sounds like a wonderful place :)

13. All things nice... commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 9:06pm

Oh looks pretty cool to me and the chalk boards are cool, it helps that they have beautiful writing too :) Looks like a nice place to visit for a chat with friends over tea..

All things nice…
    All things nice…´s last blog post ..More photographs of Funchal, Madeira

14. elli by studio34E commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 10:06pm

the place rocks!!!!!
    so beautiful !
    elli by studio34E´s last blog post ..Διακόσμηση γραφείου — Home office decorating ideas

15. Inge commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 10:33pm

That looks so wonderful! I definitely have to visit your city someday… It isn’t so far from where I live…. And I would love to have a chalkboard wall like that in my home as well, but with a young boy running around I don’t think it would stay that artsy (if I could get it that beautiful looking). ;-)
    Inge´s last blog post ..My blog is on the list of Show Home!

16. leaca commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 10:37pm

I love this. I always have one chalkboard element in every room of my house. Sometimes they are large sometimes small but my favorite is the one in my kitchen that friends and family will draw or add their favorite quotes.
    leaca´s last blog post ..healthy living: exercise…ugh!

17. Nina commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 4:13am

Very cute space! I have to check it out on my next visit to Hannover. Hopefully next spring…
    Nina´s last blog post ..first estate sale loot

18. fenny setiawan commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 6:21am

I always feel that you are so blessed surround with many inspiring places at where you live. Lucky girl!

19. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 7:17am

Oh, love this!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..The Arizona Pinterest Party #azpinterestparty

20. Julia commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 9:27am

Great idea ! I love it !

21. fräuleinwunder commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 11:00am

i realy like the look of the “ladenlokal”
    fräuleinwunder´s last blog post ..Lieblinge der Woche

22. how2home commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 7:46pm

Love to see this in person my self! Chalkboard illustration is amazing!
    how2home´s last blog post ..bedroom inspiration

23. Holly commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 10:50pm

I want to do that at our sushi restaurant. Husband is a great artist and it would be fun to change things up every time he feels like it. I want a big one in my home, too, for my son and me to get creative. Thanks for sharing this.

24. Priti commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 11:20pm

Lovely designs! Great place.

25. Cheyenne commented
    September 13th, 2012 at 11:38pm

I have always loved the look of chalkboard illustrations. They seem so free spirited and fun! There’s a place that my husband and I like to go locally for dinner and in their entry leading to the hostess stand is this massive, beautifully illustrated chalkboard that separates the waiting and dining areas. Love!
    Cheyenne´s last blog post ..Sale Time at Blueseeds

26. Emily commented
    September 15th, 2012 at 10:04am

I wish I was talented enough to design a chalkboard illustration like that in my office!

27. desiree - vosgesparis commented
    September 16th, 2012 at 11:28pm

haha I can find myself in the word City pride LOL
    Super cool place indeed…. and???? did you found out how they found out about it??
    desiree – vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Maison & Objet – 2013 Inspirations with Arcade-Paris

28. Susanne commented
    September 18th, 2012 at 6:29am

..ach ja hannover..:-)..es gibt bestimmt noch mehr für dich zu entdecken..

29. Chrystina commented
    September 19th, 2012 at 5:14am

People are able to write with such awesome handwriting techniques – it makes me want to sit down and perfect mine.
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..modified artwork in the hallway

30. sonnenschein commented
    September 23rd, 2012 at 1:07am

31. sonnenschein commented
    September 23rd, 2012 at 1:09am

@sonnenschein: Ich finde Hannover ganz schoen! Es gibt immer etwas neu zu entdecken:)

32. Ezen commented
    October 4th, 2012 at 1:15am

YES. I have a huge fascination with chalkboard illustrations and this cafe does it so well! Saving it on my NuffnangX app favorites so that I can go back to it when I get my own place. I’d love my own chalkboard wall ;)

33. Jolien Kinderkamer stylist commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 3:44pm

What a wonderfull illustrations. Nice inspiration also for the kids room!

Jolien