Decorating Tips

Read & Listen: Martha Stewart Radio + me!

October 1, 2012

Hello friends! Happy Monday to you! I’m NOT in new week mode yet, you’ll have to forgive me as I’m dragging a bit today but I hope that you are doing well and that you had a superfabulish weekend! I enjoyed a little relaxation time and did some shopping for things that I want to use in my upcoming workshop that I’m planning with a good friend (we are going to run a weekend creative blogging workshop in my city for only 12-15 very special ladies – we take you eating, shopping, to our favorite places, we teach you, work from my studio taking photos and blogging, oh my goodness it’s going to be fun!) but I also spent time planning for my upcoming ONLINE class – Blogging Your Way: Boot Camp – that kicks off this Friday, October 5th. I guess it was a little work and a little play for me. What did you do over the weekend?

Read & Listen: Martha Stewart Radio + me!

I quickly want to let you know, since some of you inquired last week via Twitter and Facebook, that the interview Martha Stewart Radio had with me last week went great even though I was a nervous wreck – it was fun to be on the radio but the time difference meant I was live at nearly midnight (I was tired!) BUT I felt honored to be on Kevin Sharkey’s show, Home Design. He kindly ran an extended interview with me on the Martha Stewart website too, you can read it here BUT if you want to HEAR me on the radio show you can listen HERE – we recorded it for you! :) On the show, I talk about decorating from why it is so important to honor your personal style at home to my 8 decorating steps, mood boards, planning, and more! Kevin also gave a great tip about how he sorts through piles of magazines – but you have to listen to hear it. :) I know, I’m a tease!!!!

Back in a moment with some inspiration for the day that I have a feeling you will love! Stay tuned…

xo, Holly

You Might Also Like

• Reply Denise October 1, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Oh how i wish I can do the workshop in Germany, but I am doing the bootcamp workshop that starts on the 5th. I am so excited! I am new at blogging and I have so many things to learn, and i could not even think of a better teacher than you!

Xoxo Denise

• Reply Miranda October 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Wow Holly, I just listened to your interview with Kevin. I really loved it! found it very interesting and I try myself to personalize my home too, but sometimes i find it not that easy….
    Thinking about buying your book :)

Thanks for sharing this!!!

• Reply Chedva October 1, 2012 at 10:46 pm

You certainly don’t sound like a nervous wreck, Holly:) I’m so excited for BYW boot camp!

• Reply Stephanie Shriber October 2, 2012 at 2:22 am

Holly, I just listened, and you were so wonderful and inspiring, as always. So happy for you and this big moment, one of many! Congrats on this, and thank you for continuing to share all of your inspiring thoughts and ideas.

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang October 2, 2012 at 6:12 am

Wow! This was amazing. Thank you so much, Holly!

• Reply Decofairy October 2, 2012 at 6:33 am

Great news!!! I’ll listen you for sure!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2012 at 9:22 am

Thanks for posting this, Holly! Hitting play round abouttttt…. now! :)

• Reply fenny setiawan October 2, 2012 at 9:25 am

First of all this is my second time I listened you talked (first one was at podcast during the class). And I always impressed with the way you explained things. Concise, clear and humorous. Enjoyable to listen, Holly.

• Reply Kelli October 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Congrats on your radio interview! You have to watch the episode of Two Broke Girls from last night….it’s pretty much two girls stalking Martha to get recognition. It was pretty funny. I’m sure you can find it online.

• Reply Alexandra October 2, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I like interviews with you! It’s a bit like meeting you and makes your blog writing even more alive and personal. Ahhh, and I always knew that London is the hub of interior inspiration! ;) Also, your reminder to not over analyse things and instead just doing them, is just what I needed today.

• Reply Dennies John October 2, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Great thanks for sharing your thoughts and inspiring ideas :)

This is my first time on this blog :) will be listening to your posts in the coming days ;)

• Reply Kathleen October 2, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Oh so great Holly. You do very well on the radio. I love the idea you talked about when collecting ideas. It may not be the room you grabbed a picture of, but more, something about the room. The color, the placement of things, the mirror as a focus point, etc. etc. I believe that is so true. I recently had to make notes to myself on things I have ripped out of magazines. It makes me put down that instant thought of why…so telling!

• Reply decor8 October 4, 2012 at 11:32 am

@kathleen – thank you for listening and commenting, too!!!

• Reply Heidi Dudley October 2, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Hi Holly,
    First off – congrats! I just listened to your interview and really valued how real and genuine you are. I appreciated how you always remained supportive of people as you talked about them finding their style or mentioning that perhaps they needed a bit more confidence. It was nice to put a voice with your face, it makes the connection to your blog have even more depth. Thank you for always offering such timely and inspiring material.

• Reply decor8 October 4, 2012 at 11:31 am

Heidi – I’m glad to know that you liked it! :) thank you for telling me!!!

• Reply Neethi October 4, 2012 at 7:23 am

Congrats Holly on the interview! I was just waiting to hear you and when i did, kinda felt as if i was sitting right across :-)! U are a true inspiration and keep it rolling! Wishing you all the success!

Much Love

• Reply decor8 October 4, 2012 at 11:34 am

@neethi – thank you so much, I really enjoyed it and want to do radio more often now, maybe I’ll get another chance someday soon!

• Reply Béa October 4, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Thanks for recording!

• Reply how2home October 5, 2012 at 12:24 am

Great job Holly! You sound like a total pro :)

• Reply stephanie @ Baba Souk October 6, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Congrats! This is rad!

• Reply Priti October 6, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Congrats Holly! I thought I won’t be able to hear you, thanks for this very informative recording. I will definitely follow all the 8 steps that you’ve mentioned. Wishes for your moves ahead. :)