Read & Listen: Martha Stewart Radio + me!

Hello friends! Happy Monday to you! I’m NOT in new week mode yet, you’ll have to forgive me as I’m dragging a bit today but I hope that you are doing well and that you had a superfabulish weekend! I enjoyed a little relaxation time and did some shopping for things that I want to use in my upcoming workshop that I’m planning with a good friend (we are going to run a weekend creative blogging workshop in my city for only 12-15 very special ladies – we take you eating, shopping, to our favorite places, we teach you, work from my studio taking photos and blogging, oh my goodness it’s going to be fun!) but I also spent time planning for my upcoming ONLINE class – Blogging Your Way: Boot Camp – that kicks off this Friday, October 5th. I guess it was a little work and a little play for me. What did you do over the weekend?

I'm on Martha Stewart!

I quickly want to let you know, since some of you inquired last week via Twitter and Facebook, that the interview Martha Stewart Radio had with me last week went great even though I was a nervous wreck – it was fun to be on the radio but the time difference meant I was live at nearly midnight (I was tired!) BUT I felt honored to be on Kevin Sharkey’s show, Home Design. He kindly ran an extended interview with me on the Martha Stewart website too, you can read it here BUT if you want to HEAR me on the radio show you can listen HERE – we recorded it for you! :) On the show, I talk about decorating from why it is so important to honor your personal style at home to my 8 decorating steps, mood boards, planning, and more! Kevin also gave a great tip about how he sorts through piles of magazines – but you have to listen to hear it. :) I know, I’m a tease!!!!

LISTEN

READ

Back in a moment with some inspiration for the day that I have a feeling you will love! Stay tuned…

xo, Holly

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on October 01, 2012

1. Denise commented
    October 1st, 2012 at 9:32pm

Oh how i wish I can do the workshop in Germany, but I am doing the bootcamp workshop that starts on the 5th. I am so excited! I am new at blogging and I have so many things to learn, and i could not even think of a better teacher than you!

Xoxo Denise
    Denise´s last blog post ..Amsterdam is so…gray

2. Miranda commented
    October 1st, 2012 at 9:39pm

Wow Holly, I just listened to your interview with Kevin. I really loved it! found it very interesting and I try myself to personalize my home too, but sometimes i find it not that easy….
    Thinking about buying your book :)

Thanks for sharing this!!!
    Miranda´s last blog post ..@ de woonbeurs

3. Chedva commented
    October 1st, 2012 at 10:46pm

You certainly don’t sound like a nervous wreck, Holly:) I’m so excited for BYW boot camp!
    Chedva´s last blog post ..PRADA At Home

4. Stephanie Shriber commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:22am

Holly, I just listened, and you were so wonderful and inspiring, as always. So happy for you and this big moment, one of many! Congrats on this, and thank you for continuing to share all of your inspiring thoughts and ideas.

xo,
    Stephanie

5. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 6:12am

Wow! This was amazing. Thank you so much, Holly!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..One giant hug…

6. Decofairy commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 6:33am

Great news!!! I’ll listen you for sure!
    Decofairy´s last blog post ..Νύχτες ποδοσφαίρου *Soccer nights*

7. Will @ Bright.Bazaar commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 9:22am

Thanks for posting this, Holly! Hitting play round abouttttt…. now! :)
    Will @ Bright.Bazaar´s last blog post ..Store Tour: Folklore, London

8. fenny setiawan commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 9:25am

First of all this is my second time I listened you talked (first one was at podcast during the class). And I always impressed with the way you explained things. Concise, clear and humorous. Enjoyable to listen, Holly.

9. Kelli commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 12:23pm

Congrats on your radio interview! You have to watch the episode of Two Broke Girls from last night….it’s pretty much two girls stalking Martha to get recognition. It was pretty funny. I’m sure you can find it online.

10. Alexandra commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:06pm

I like interviews with you! It’s a bit like meeting you and makes your blog writing even more alive and personal. Ahhh, and I always knew that London is the hub of interior inspiration! ;) Also, your reminder to not over analyse things and instead just doing them, is just what I needed today.
    Alexandra´s last blog post ..wheat thins from smitten kitchen

11. Dennies John commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 3:19pm

Great thanks for sharing your thoughts and inspiring ideas :)

This is my first time on this blog :) will be listening to your posts in the coming days ;)
    Dennies John´s last blog post ..Some Luxurious Bedroom Designs

12. Kathleen commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 9:48pm

Oh so great Holly. You do very well on the radio. I love the idea you talked about when collecting ideas. It may not be the room you grabbed a picture of, but more, something about the room. The color, the placement of things, the mirror as a focus point, etc. etc. I believe that is so true. I recently had to make notes to myself on things I have ripped out of magazines. It makes me put down that instant thought of why…so telling!
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..My First Niche Box

13. Heidi Dudley commented
    October 2nd, 2012 at 10:12pm

Hi Holly,
    First off – congrats! I just listened to your interview and really valued how real and genuine you are. I appreciated how you always remained supportive of people as you talked about them finding their style or mentioning that perhaps they needed a bit more confidence. It was nice to put a voice with your face, it makes the connection to your blog have even more depth. Thank you for always offering such timely and inspiring material.

14. Neethi commented
    October 4th, 2012 at 7:23am

Congrats Holly on the interview! I was just waiting to hear you and when i did, kinda felt as if i was sitting right across :-)! U are a true inspiration and keep it rolling! Wishing you all the success!

Much Love

15. decor8 commented
    October 4th, 2012 at 11:31am

Heidi – I’m glad to know that you liked it! :) thank you for telling me!!!

16. decor8 commented
    October 4th, 2012 at 11:32am

@kathleen – thank you for listening and commenting, too!!!

17. decor8 commented
    October 4th, 2012 at 11:34am

@neethi – thank you so much, I really enjoyed it and want to do radio more often now, maybe I’ll get another chance someday soon!

18. Béa commented
    October 4th, 2012 at 1:47pm

Thanks for recording!

19. how2home commented
    October 5th, 2012 at 12:24am

Great job Holly! You sound like a total pro :)
    how2home´s last blog post ..Our Blub book arrived!

20. stephanie @ Baba Souk commented
    October 6th, 2012 at 7:03pm

Congrats! This is rad!

21. Priti commented
    October 6th, 2012 at 11:27pm

Congrats Holly! I thought I won’t be able to hear you, thanks for this very informative recording. I will definitely follow all the 8 steps that you’ve mentioned. Wishes for your moves ahead. :)