Famille Summerbelle: Wallpaper & More!

Good morning and happy new week to all of you. I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning but after a cup of mate tea and some exercise, I feel a bit more energized! Mondays aren’t particularly my favorite day so I have to work extra hard at liking them. So! How was your weekend? Did you have a nice time? I went to a flea market and found a great antique cabinet and some Smiths/Morrissey vinyls. I also relaxed at a favorite pub nearby and had a chat with my publisher in London about projects for next year and beyond. It wasn’t the most productive weekend (I didn’t lift a finger around the house) but at least I was able to relax and prepare for a new week.

Famille Summerbelle: Wallpaper & More!

This morning in my inbox was an email with some very sweet wallpapers so I thought I’d share them with you. Have you heard of Famille Summerbelle? They just launched their latest collection mere minutes ago, Morning in Manhattan, which includes new wallpaper in two colorways along with a pretty wooden tray, mug and tea towel. It is their tribute to NYC, “Brownstones, fire escapes, rooftop water towers, bustling streets and an unforgettable skyline”. Here is a glimpse of what they carry in their online shop…

Famille Summerbelle: Wallpaper & More!

I love this quote that I found on their blog, “He adored New York City. He idolized it all out of proportion… No, make that: he – he romanticized it all out of proportion. Yes. To him, no matter what the season was, this was still a town that existed in black and white and pulsated to the great tunes of George Gershwin”. – Woody Allen, Manhattan 1979

AND speaking of NYC –  I’m posting a very special tour of Lotta Jansdotter’s studio shot for decor8 that I’m going to run in a few moments. You won’t want to miss it. So inspiring!

(Photos: Aurélie Lécuyer)

Posted by decor8 in walls on October 22, 2012

1. Chedva commented
    October 22nd, 2012 at 12:18pm

Such a beautiful pattern. It makes NYC seem almost like a fairy tale… Cheers! (raising my own cup of coffee)
    Chedva´s last blog post ..Looking Back: 5 Design Trends of 2012 – Revisited

2. Sophie commented
    October 22nd, 2012 at 12:32pm

Hi, Holly! Look at my wallpaper of my foodblog! How do ypu like it?
    Greetings to my birthtown Hannover from spain, where I live!
    Sophie
    Sophie´s last blog post ..Tartar de atún rojo, Thunfisch-Tatar Sushiqualität!

3. christine commented
    October 22nd, 2012 at 1:05pm

The amount of patience it would have taken to draw something like these. x
    christine´s last blog post ..Friday Fun: Scentsy Games

4. Tammy Olson commented
    October 22nd, 2012 at 2:00pm

I think it’s okay that you didn’t accomplish a lot this weekend. We all need some down time in this crazy busy world of ours. I love the tray with the matching coffee cup. Have a wonderful Monday!

5. Samira commented
    October 22nd, 2012 at 2:15pm

love the wallpaper!! great for you kids room!!!
    Samira´s last blog post ..Flowers in the Fall

6. Elisa commented
    October 22nd, 2012 at 6:34pm

Absolutely adorable!! If only I didn’t just get finished wallpapering my daughter’s room!

7. Lena commented
    October 22nd, 2012 at 11:03pm

I wish every weekend was like this in October in northern Germany (we both know it isn´t), so not lifting a finger around the house was the best thing to do- you can do that when it gets cold and gray rainy! I went to the flea market as well… actually to 2 different flea markets… one on saturday and one on sunday. What can you do?
    Love the Woody Allen quote. Can´t wait to go back to NYC some time soon.
    Lena´s last blog post ..FEELS LIKE SUMMER

8. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    October 23rd, 2012 at 5:55am

Oh, stunning. The flower tray is adorable.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..The Dream Captured | Anticipation of Awakening

9. lucianna samu commented
    October 23rd, 2012 at 12:32pm

Really fun wallpaper. The colors are fab!
    lucianna samu´s last blog post ..Honesty IS the best policy

10. Chrystina commented
    October 29th, 2012 at 1:17am

That Woody Allen quote is incredible. Thanks for sharing it. I mean – the wallpaper is pretty gorgeous as well. But the way he talks about New York… is inspiring.
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..how to decorate a residence hall