Playing With Food: Golden October

Hello everyone, it’s your roving reporter and monthly decor8 columnist from Paris, Emilie! Are you well? Warm? Under a blanket with a hot chocolate? Because fall is here and this is a season that I love because the colors and autumn light is so wonderful, magical even.

Playing With Food: Golden October

I just returned from a trip to Canada, where the color of the trees was really amazing. We stayed in a small cottage on a lake, and I let myself get carried by the softness of this beautiful season.

Playing With Food: Golden October

For this month’s edition of Playing With Food, I was inspired by my friend Judikaela because she had prepared some food for us while we were away. The meal consisted of a delightful lemon rosemary roasted chicken with roasted carrots and beets and it was simply delicious! For dessert, we feasted upon orange and apple muffins, equally delicious. The colors of the food inspired me so once again I got out my camera and let my fingers click, click, click to capture the mood of the month – golden October.

Playing With Food: Golden October

Playing With Food: Golden October

Playing With Food: Golden October

Playing With Food: Golden October

Playing With Food: Golden October

Playing With Food: Golden October

The sweetness of this moment, the sunset over the trees of red and gold, it was a magical moment! Does autumn inspires you? Why? – Emilie

(photos, text: emilie griottes)

Posted by decor8 in Playing With Food on October 30, 2012

1. Anne commented
    October 30th, 2012 at 2:34pm

Wonderful!
    Thank you Emilie!
    Love the colors :)

2. Angela - anManufaktur commented
    October 30th, 2012 at 3:04pm

Autumn is my favorite season. I hope we will have some nice days in Germany before wintertime finally comes. Your photos are so beautiful and the colors are amazing.
    Angela – anManufaktur´s last blog post ..Style: WinterBloom

3. christine e-e commented
    October 30th, 2012 at 3:24pm

your photos are so fall-ish – beautiful colors – makes me want to reach out and touch the leaves. oh my, those orange-apple muffins look yummy. will you be sharing the recipe! love your posts.
    christine e-e´s last blog post ..SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY 10.28.12

4. Desiree Fawn commented
    October 30th, 2012 at 3:27pm

Gorgeous colours! I live in Ontario and I adore our Autumn season <3
    Desiree Fawn´s last blog post ..Fawned Friday

5. Zina Tibbs commented
    October 30th, 2012 at 4:44pm

Been taking your blogging class so I know that this “food” episode is in here becasue you’re sick in bed. Hope you feel better soon.
    Zina Tibbs´s last blog post ..Setting Realistic Goals

6. Marloes commented
    October 30th, 2012 at 7:38pm

I love your pics! Thanks for sharing this wonderful fall-feelin!

7. mundart commented
    October 30th, 2012 at 8:22pm

Wooooooooow!!! Delicious!

8. tina commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 12:39am

beautiful color of autumn
    tina´s last blog post ..jedan zimski tanjur

9. Louise commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 2:58am

It looks lovely. I love the chicken dish. You have inspired me, that is what we are having for dinner tonight.

10. Olivia commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:43am

i love your post !!! :)

11. Anette@lebenslustiger commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:24am

Beautiful and inspiring pictures! Love the homey feeling of autumn…
    Anette@lebenslustiger´s last blog post ..Knitting A Cord

12. Marjory commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 3:16pm

I love the leaves turning color, falling from the trees one by one. My favorite memory is taking a nap on a soft bed of Fall leaves in a park of New England. Where is Paris is this? Oh, so lovely!
    Marjory´s last blog post ..You are a flow system in the landscape. Flow, nature & space design

13. fenny setiawan commented
    November 1st, 2012 at 7:08am

This is weird to say but Autumn is one of my fave season. However, we do not have Autumn in Malaysia neither I experienced before. I just saw them from the images that you or other blogger posted. I feel it is a magical season, love the golden brown leafs falling and lay on the ground, I can imagine the smell too. I also think the meal preference are more delicious. For example your muffins on the picture, look so simply delicious. I can also imagine I am enjoying Autumn with a cup of choco – cinnamon hot drink along with the muffin :).

14. Fiona Maclean commented
    January 11th, 2013 at 6:59pm

As someone said to me once…we all eat with our eyes! Your photography is fabulous!
    Fiona Maclean´s last blog post ..The View from the Shard

15. namgay dorjee commented
    January 20th, 2013 at 9:22am

wow !! its Amazing…. i loved it……..