Color Inspiration

Golden October

October 30, 2012

Hello everyone, it’s your roving reporter and monthly decor8 columnist from Paris, Emilie! Are you well? Warm? Under a blanket with a hot chocolate? Because fall is here and this is a season that I love because the colors and autumn light is so wonderful, magical even.

Golden October

I just returned from a trip to Canada, where the color of the trees was really amazing. We stayed in a small cottage on a lake, and I let myself get carried by the softness of this beautiful season.

Golden October

For this month’s edition of Playing With Food, I was inspired by my friend Judikaela because she had prepared some food for us while we were away. The meal consisted of a delightful lemon rosemary roasted chicken with roasted carrots and beets and it was simply delicious! For dessert, we feasted upon orange and apple muffins, equally delicious. The colors of the food inspired me so once again I got out my camera and let my fingers click, click, click to capture the mood of the month – golden October.

Golden October

Golden October

Golden October

Golden October

Golden October

Golden October

The sweetness of this moment, the sunset over the trees of red and gold, it was a magical moment! Does autumn inspires you? Why? – Emilie

(photos, text: emilie griottes)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Anne October 30, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Thank you Emilie!
    Love the colors :)

• Reply Angela - anManufaktur October 30, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Autumn is my favorite season. I hope we will have some nice days in Germany before wintertime finally comes. Your photos are so beautiful and the colors are amazing.

• Reply christine e-e October 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

your photos are so fall-ish – beautiful colors – makes me want to reach out and touch the leaves. oh my, those orange-apple muffins look yummy. will you be sharing the recipe! love your posts.

• Reply Desiree Fawn October 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Gorgeous colours! I live in Ontario and I adore our Autumn season <3

• Reply Zina Tibbs October 30, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Been taking your blogging class so I know that this “food” episode is in here becasue you’re sick in bed. Hope you feel better soon.

• Reply Marloes October 30, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I love your pics! Thanks for sharing this wonderful fall-feelin!

• Reply mundart October 30, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Wooooooooow!!! Delicious!

• Reply tina October 31, 2012 at 12:39 am

beautiful color of autumn

• Reply Louise October 31, 2012 at 2:58 am

It looks lovely. I love the chicken dish. You have inspired me, that is what we are having for dinner tonight.

• Reply Olivia October 31, 2012 at 10:43 am

i love your post !!! :)

• Reply Anette@lebenslustiger October 31, 2012 at 11:24 am

Beautiful and inspiring pictures! Love the homey feeling of autumn…

• Reply Marjory October 31, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I love the leaves turning color, falling from the trees one by one. My favorite memory is taking a nap on a soft bed of Fall leaves in a park of New England. Where is Paris is this? Oh, so lovely!

• Reply fenny setiawan November 1, 2012 at 7:08 am

This is weird to say but Autumn is one of my fave season. However, we do not have Autumn in Malaysia neither I experienced before. I just saw them from the images that you or other blogger posted. I feel it is a magical season, love the golden brown leafs falling and lay on the ground, I can imagine the smell too. I also think the meal preference are more delicious. For example your muffins on the picture, look so simply delicious. I can also imagine I am enjoying Autumn with a cup of choco – cinnamon hot drink along with the muffin :).

• Reply Fiona Maclean January 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm

As someone said to me once…we all eat with our eyes! Your photography is fabulous!

• Reply namgay dorjee January 20, 2013 at 9:22 am

wow !! its Amazing…. i loved it……..