Dutch Sky Wallpaper by Little Owl

I heard from Little Owl yesterday about some lovely new wallpaper they’ve produced called Dutch Sky. About the inspiration they write, “Choosing the ever changing patterns of the Dutch sky as a starting point, we have merged the art of antique prints and etchings with our own photography, some of which include whimsical details of industrial cranes, wind socks and chimney tops, to create an appealing mix of tradition and 21st Century sensibility and technology into printed wallpaper”. The Dutch Sky collection has three different designs, each with a different mood and colorway and is printed in Holland by one of the leading printing companies there.

Dutch Sky Wallpaper

Dutch Sky Wallpaper

Dutch Sky Wallpaper

Little Owl not only sells it on their website but in the Winter of 2012 you can find it at The Collection in Paris and in the Spring of 2013, Anthropologie will stock it as well.

Isn’t this cool!? Storm and Summer blues, shown above, are my favorite colorways. What do you think about this paper, would you use it on your walls or at home in some other way? How?

(images: little owl)

Posted by decor8 in walls on October 31, 2012

1. Tracy A. commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 2:05pm

Very cool indeed. I can see me using this on one wall in a room. I think that it would be a bit disorienting for me to have an entire room papered with it – but it is very cool!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post .."And it was from Boston that one in every six American families began their journey into the land of the free." ~ Thomas Menino

2. tinajo commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 2:30pm

It looks really different and special – and these images are dreamlike! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Hat hair…

3. Kristine commented
    October 31st, 2012 at 4:03pm

I love it. It definitely calls for a very specific space, but I would totally use it on the walls of a bright, airy room.

4. Joey Thomas commented
    November 1st, 2012 at 1:22pm

I like the pattern but I think it looks a bit busy on such a large scale

5. Ella commented
    November 1st, 2012 at 3:41pm

I can see one wall with the Storm wallpaper. I think it would be wonderful in the bedroom. Nothing like a good storm, to make one want to snuggle and bundle up in bed with a huge plump quilt and a pile of pillows :D
    I might like Summer in the kitchen-especially on those gray droopy days~
    These exude charm! Thank you for sharing~
    @>———-
    Ella´s last blog post ..Hallow’s Edge

6. lucianna samu commented
    November 2nd, 2012 at 10:35am

This is a great is idea and it can have some great uses. I also see how it can be too much of a good thing.
    lucianna samu´s last blog post ..Honesty IS the best policy

7. Frances Schultz commented
    November 2nd, 2012 at 11:46pm

I crave it – can’t wait to go see it in person at the Anthropologie down the street. Yes it’s busy and would have to be used in just the right way – Ella’s idea of one wall is a good one, but also how about an entry, a powder room, or one of my favorite place to paper – a CEILING?!
    Frances Schultz´s last blog post ..The Good Effects of Goofing Off (But Beware of Zombies)

8. Angela commented
    November 5th, 2012 at 8:15am

Wonderfully crisp and always interesting! I like the way of imagination.. Great prospective!!!!

9. anna commented
    November 11th, 2012 at 2:33am

Hi Holly – Love the wall covering. I took your online class a few months ago, and although I was in over my head, I do have my blog up and running now. Thanks for all your help. Please check it out at http://www.thedesigntray.wordpress.com. thanks! Anna

10. therufs commented
    November 20th, 2012 at 3:14am

I think I’d like it better if the tiles were either larger or closer to the same colors …… it looks a little too much like an awkwardly-tiled background image on a computer desktop :/

I love the idea, though :D

11. therufs commented
    November 20th, 2012 at 3:18am

But, PS, lest I come across as a negative nellie — it truly warms my heart when a design blogger posts something that makes my eyes cross a little. Thank you for taking the risk. :)

12. Hannah commented
    June 27th, 2013 at 12:16pm

I really like this … think it looks seriously sexy!
    Hannah´s last blog post ..How To Quickly Put On A Doona Cover