Rooms

Dutch Sky Wallpaper by Little Owl

October 31, 2012

I heard from Little Owl yesterday about some lovely new wallpaper they’ve produced called Dutch Sky. About the inspiration they write, “Choosing the ever changing patterns of the Dutch sky as a starting point, we have merged the art of antique prints and etchings with our own photography, some of which include whimsical details of industrial cranes, wind socks and chimney tops, to create an appealing mix of tradition and 21st Century sensibility and technology into printed wallpaper”. The Dutch Sky collection has three different designs, each with a different mood and colorway and is printed in Holland by one of the leading printing companies there.

Dutch Sky Wallpaper by Little Owl

Dutch Sky Wallpaper by Little Owl

Dutch Sky Wallpaper by Little Owl

Little Owl not only sells it on their website but in the Winter of 2012 you can find it at The Collection in Paris and in the Spring of 2013, Anthropologie will stock it as well.

Isn’t this cool!? Storm and Summer blues, shown above, are my favorite colorways. What do you think about this paper, would you use it on your walls or at home in some other way? How?

(images: little owl)

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Tracy A. October 31, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Very cool indeed. I can see me using this on one wall in a room. I think that it would be a bit disorienting for me to have an entire room papered with it – but it is very cool!

• Reply tinajo October 31, 2012 at 2:30 pm

It looks really different and special – and these images are dreamlike! :-)

• Reply Kristine October 31, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I love it. It definitely calls for a very specific space, but I would totally use it on the walls of a bright, airy room.

• Reply Joey Thomas November 1, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I like the pattern but I think it looks a bit busy on such a large scale

• Reply Ella November 1, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I can see one wall with the Storm wallpaper. I think it would be wonderful in the bedroom. Nothing like a good storm, to make one want to snuggle and bundle up in bed with a huge plump quilt and a pile of pillows :D
    I might like Summer in the kitchen-especially on those gray droopy days~
    These exude charm! Thank you for sharing~
    @>———-

• Reply lucianna samu November 2, 2012 at 10:35 am

This is a great is idea and it can have some great uses. I also see how it can be too much of a good thing.

• Reply Frances Schultz November 2, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I crave it – can’t wait to go see it in person at the Anthropologie down the street. Yes it’s busy and would have to be used in just the right way – Ella’s idea of one wall is a good one, but also how about an entry, a powder room, or one of my favorite place to paper – a CEILING?!

• Reply Angela November 5, 2012 at 8:15 am

Wonderfully crisp and always interesting! I like the way of imagination.. Great prospective!!!!

• Reply anna November 11, 2012 at 2:33 am

Hi Holly – Love the wall covering. I took your online class a few months ago, and although I was in over my head, I do have my blog up and running now. Thanks for all your help. Please check it out at http://www.thedesigntray.wordpress.com. thanks! Anna

• Reply therufs November 20, 2012 at 3:14 am

I think I’d like it better if the tiles were either larger or closer to the same colors …… it looks a little too much like an awkwardly-tiled background image on a computer desktop :/

I love the idea, though :D

• Reply therufs November 20, 2012 at 3:18 am

But, PS, lest I come across as a negative nellie — it truly warms my heart when a design blogger posts something that makes my eyes cross a little. Thank you for taking the risk. :)

• Reply Hannah June 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I really like this … think it looks seriously sexy!