Excerpt In Simple Things Magazine

November 2, 2012

Hello everyone and happy Friday! How are you? I am packing since I fly to London (for the launch party) in a few hours, but I want to thank Simple Things magazine in the UK for a beautiful 8 page excerpt in their latest issue #3 from my new book, Decorate Workshop. The book just launched in the UK and will launch TWO WEEKS earlier than expected in the US – it is available TODAY! We just found out yesterday so it’s a great surprise. Thank you Simple Things for the wonderful excerpt, here’s a peek below but if you want to read all 8 pages you’ll need to pick up a copy of the magazine or buy a digital copy on your mobile device.

Excerpt In Simple Things Magazine

Excerpt In Simple Things Magazine

Excerpt In Simple Things Magazine

Excerpt In Simple Things Magazine

Note: All photos shown are from Decorate Workshop shot by the brilliant Debi Treloar. You may preview a digital copy of this book below:

Order Decorate Workshop in the UK and Europe HERE (hardbound, orange/purple jacket)
Order Decorate Workshop in the US HERE (softcover, blue/yellow jacket)

AND thank you to the homeowners – above shown is the home of Emma Lee, James Leland Day, Iris Rietbergen, Nadia Yaron and Myriah Scruggs.

Thank you Simple Things magazine!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Aileen@AtHomeInLove November 2, 2012 at 4:14 pm

What a lively spread and great advice!! I especially love the sofa with the great gallery wall behind it. Even more excited to get Decorate Workshop now!

• Reply Artifact Uprising November 2, 2012 at 4:18 pm

your conviction is contagious. congrats on the book release Holly!

• Reply Tracy A. November 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Safe travels and have a terrific “Launch”!

• Reply Lindsey November 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm

So wonderful! I love pattern and mixing. Your book looks great!

• Reply Pilar Giménez Almalé November 2, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Lovely! I really want to get your book! :)

• Reply Pilar Giménez Almalé November 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Wow! I’ve been reading it and it’s really good! It’s so special and lovely! :)

• Reply Iris Rietbergen November 2, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Hi Holly, So great to see my living room with the bird wallpaper (top image)! Very proud and happy ;-)!! X from Iris,
    P.s have fun in London!

• Reply mer November 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm

love the styling in that second pic. gorgeous.

• Reply decor8 November 2, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Thank you Mer – I brought those things into that corner except for the cabinet – it had a tv on it before I got there ;). The scarf on the chair was Debi’s (the photographer) – I asked her if I could borrow it for the photo. :)

• Reply Frances Schultz November 2, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Congratulations, Holly, and safe travels! Perhaps our paths will cross in New York or Santa Barbara on your tour!… As for the spread, I especially love the grouping of pictures above the sofa and hope it will encourage people to be a bit more adventurous in hanging and displaying their art. Can’t wait to get my hands on the book… Best, Frances

• Reply Desha Peacock November 3, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Can’t wait to hold it in my hand. Wish I had it now with my tea :)

• Reply Mia Moran November 4, 2012 at 2:06 am

Just ordered 1 for myself and 2 for Christmas presents!

• Reply robyn fisken November 4, 2012 at 9:01 am

Your book arrived this morning! On a Sunday in Australia! what a great start to the day. I am just now able to settle down with it and dinner. It looks lovely.

• Reply Joey November 5, 2012 at 2:26 am

Great work with the new book. I’ll have to get myself a copy. Are you able to deliver to Australia by any chance?

• Reply lucianna samu November 5, 2012 at 10:43 am

Looks like a must have. Best of lucK.

• Reply Amy Mac November 5, 2012 at 10:11 pm

So, so beautiful! I love following you on Instagram … such fun inspiration during the day when I’m waiting in carpool lines (or need distraction when I’m procrastinating writing!)

• Reply daniel @ significat November 5, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I want that little yellow bedside lamp. So cool!

• Reply Margarida November 6, 2012 at 12:07 am

Well, see you tomorrow at Anthropologie :-) I’m really thrilled that I’m going to meet you and I hope I can get a copy of your book for you to sign it for me.

• Reply Valerie Tonus November 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Congratulations on a lovely book!

• Reply Valerie Tonus November 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Congratulations on your book. It’s looks wonderful.

• Reply architects Ilkley November 6, 2012 at 1:33 pm

love the styling in pics 2, 3, & 4 – beautiful.

• Reply Olivia November 6, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I want this book !!!!!

• Reply Kim November 6, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Yay! The mail carrier just delivered your new book which I ordered through Amazon. So excited, I can’t wait to finish my work day and sit down and read tonight. I’d much rather spend my evening with your book than watching post election coverage!

• Reply 3chictogo November 7, 2012 at 10:40 am

Love the bedroom, the yellow lamp it’s amazing! the book looks great, congrats!

• Reply Ella November 8, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Congrats Holly!
    It is gorgeous….I love the opening, so stunning~
    It looks amazing..wish I could buy a digital version now :D

• Reply Ada (new york) November 8, 2012 at 7:58 pm

What gorgeous photos (but of course, u have a great eye!) Congrats on the feature in The Simple Things mag. Have a FUN and safe trip to London.

• Reply Sprachaufnahmen December 12, 2012 at 10:13 am

We like this post. Where do we find more ?