Events + Markets

Decorate Workshop Tours: Big News!

November 22, 2012

Hello friends! I am so pleased to announce two very wonderful events that Chronicle Books is sponsoring for me. The first is something everyone reading can get involved in, it’s the official Decorate Workshop Blog Book Tour and the schedule is listed below. It kicks off Monday, November 26th on the Poppytalk blog (Thank you Jan!) and continues daily during the week until Friday, December 7th. You will get to see special photos of and from the book, read reviews, catch a few interviews that some of these lovely bloggers had with me and more!

Decorate Workshop Tours: Big News!

Decorate Workshop Blog Tour Schedule

Monday, November 26Poppytalk
Tuesday, November 27Sacramento Street & A Creative Mint
Wednesday, November 28Hooray & Design For Mankind
Thursday, November 29Decorology & Bloesem
Friday, November 30The Curated House & Design Muse

Monday, December 3Simply Grove & In Honor of Design
Tuesday, December 4In My Own Style & This is Love Forever
Wednesday, December 5Mom Inc. Daily & Knack Studios & This is Glamorous
Thursday, December 6Justina Blakeney & Mint
Friday, December 7The TomKat Studio & Down and Out Chic

I must thank all 20 of these wonderful ladies, my blog peers, for their support in advance and I cannot wait to read and pin all of your reviews to my Decorate Workshop Pinterest board. I am very excited to see what each of you have to say and how you present the book – it’s such an honor for me so thank you again. I’ll be tuning in from Monday while I’m in London to see Jan’s review on Poppytalk – so excited!

The next big news is that I’ll be going on a REAL LIVE book tour next year in May 2013, Chronicle Books is bringing me on a North American book tour and I can’t wait to tell you who we’re working with and what fun events we have in store for you! We haven’t finalized dates or cities yet, but if you have suggestions PLEASE let me know where you’d like to see me because I’m open to suggestions and I want to see as many of you as I possibly can. I’ll be on the road for 2-3 weeks so I can hit 8-10 cities at least.

In 2011 I went to 20 cities in the US and Europe and honestly, I never imagined I’d be invited to do it a second time around so I’m going to make this tour the best that I can for all of us – especially my guests – so we can have really great events that are inspiring, productive and educational – not just about me signing books because I love to teach and the idea of doing live workshops at no cost to you makes me so, so happy – so workshops will be part of the book signing parties for sure. After this tour I honestly want to make babies, buy a home and stick around locally for a few years so this may be it when it comes to touring around for awhile so I hope to meet as many of you as possible! :)

Details to follow! But first, it’s bloggy book tour time starting on Monday – please follow along by visiting the blogs highlighted above.

Speaking of books, tomorrow (November 23), I will be in LONDON at the book department at Selfridges on Oxford Street from 3:00-3:30 doing a really informal signing – no seats, no presentations, no frills – just me standing around signing a bunch of books for their inventory. If you’re in the ‘hood and want to swing by to buy a book and would like it personalized then that’s a great time to do it. You cannot bring in any books with you but if you buy it tomorrow at Selfridges I will definitely sign it for you. Here’s a coupon you can use for 20% OFF, too!

Now back to the regularly scheduled program – blogging about something other than my book, ha ha!!!!

xo,
Holly

26 Comments

• Reply Wendy November 22, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Please come to Toronto!!

• Reply Peggy November 22, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I agree. Come to Toronto. I actually would like you to come to Barrie, Ontario, however Toronto is the closest major city.

• Reply Laura November 23, 2012 at 12:27 am

Come to Toronto Holly!

• Reply Janel November 23, 2012 at 3:15 am

Congratulations Holly!

Please come to Denver! We have awesome book stores, and a wonderful Anthropologie in Cherry Creek(Denver)if they are involved in your tour? Even Boulder Colorado would be a fun place to tour too! I think you would love Colorado! Please come for a visit! I would come out to support you for sure! Colorado is a huge handmade and recycle minded people? We have many handmade markets all year round and many cute boutiques etc.

Janel

• Reply Janel November 23, 2012 at 3:21 am

Please come to Denver! We are awesome and have a few amazing Anthropologie stores, my favorite being the one in Denver’s Cherry Creek district. Lots of cute boutiques, yummy restraunts and organic eats! A really amazing Farmers market just outside of the Anthropologie I referred to above.

Congrats on the book tour! And better yet, good luck on starting your family! I know you’ve wanted that for a while now.

Cheers!

• Reply Grace November 23, 2012 at 5:22 am

My vote’s for Toronto too! Can’t wait to read up on the blog tour next week.

• Reply Aline Lorieri November 23, 2012 at 6:41 am

Congratulations Holly!

I hope that you have an amazing time! I’m sure your readers will!

Still hoping you’ll come to Australia :)

xoxo

Aline :)

• Reply Sabine November 23, 2012 at 8:26 am

Oh, these are great news for both you and us. I wish you all the best and good luck for the book tour, Holly! Nevertheless I am so happy that you are next to me, right here in Germany :-)

Have a happy day,
    Sabine

• Reply :iomdragomcustom November 23, 2012 at 8:43 am

Warm, cozy & perfect! You inspire me!

• Reply Karin November 23, 2012 at 10:34 am

Just wanted to let you know that your book looks amazing and I just had to order it, so I did! :D

I can hardly wait to receive it! I ordered one via amazon as it was so much cheaper than via an online book company in my country. Yay!

• Reply Lucianna Samu November 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Congratulations Holly. I hope it all goes swimmingly!

• Reply Lena November 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm

That blog book tour is a really great idea for all of us who are not in the US – I´ll make sure to visit all those blogs and their reviews! But I still hope to see you at a booktour when Decorate Workshop will be published in Germany…

• Reply Tracy A. November 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Yay for North Amercia! Any details?

• Reply Juliet White November 24, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta!

• Reply Julia Cawley November 25, 2012 at 1:02 am

Please come to Brooklyn!

• Reply Laarni Martin November 25, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Hi Holly! I love if you’d come to Calgary. Honestly, I’m a fan of your blog all the way from the Philippines but I will be going to Canada next year, so yay! I might have a chance to meet you. :D

• Reply Holly McClellan November 26, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I’m a displaced Canadian here in Michigan – I love your blog and will always try to scoot up to London to see you!!!! .

• Reply Julia A. November 26, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Well, If Chronicle Books is bringing you then there must be at least one stop here in the SF Bay Area right? If so, I’ll be there!

• Reply Sarah O November 26, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Hi Holly

Are you planning a visit to Ireland at any stage…

• Reply Trina November 26, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Please come to Toronto! I would LOVE to meet you and give you a big hug…you are such an inspiration to me and so many others!!! Pleeeaaasseee!!!!!

(yes i’m beggin!) :-)

• Reply jenn November 29, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Congratulations to you!! I received my copy from Amazon and I am diligently pouring through each and every page. I’m in the midst of a renovation, I just purchased my first home and it’s an outdated 1979 ranch with tons of potential. I’d love to see you come to NC or even KY (I split my time between the two). Congrats again on your success and both of your books are so full of inspiration I reference them often.

• Reply decor8 November 29, 2012 at 5:28 pm

@Jenn thank you SO MUCH – this is soooo nice of you to drop by and take the time to say this. Thank you again! And if you get a chance, please leave a review on Amazon, I’d really appreciate it!!!!

• Reply Barbara December 15, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Come south !
    Tampa, Florida or any other city south of Atlanta.
    Thanks for all your inspiration !

• Reply Beth December 17, 2012 at 2:52 am

I would love for you to come to Atlanta and allow us to host you at the indie-pendent…I think it just might be your kind of place. I suppose I could be a bit bias, though :-)

• Reply Sharon December 27, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Congratulations!! I received your book as a Christmas gift from my daughter! Love the way the right and the inspiration you blog and books give to others!
    Sharon x

• Reply Amy January 13, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Hi Holly! I just got your book from Anthropologie yesterday!! I can’t wait to dive in! I hope you come to Louisville, KY!!