Furniture Makeovers

I saw this on Pinterest and went a little bonkers and traced it back to Barb Blair from Knack Studios. Oh my goodness Barb, this is some kind of incredible. Then I saw it on Poppytalk and learned that it’s a collaboration between Knack and her friends Annie Koelle and Eric Benjamin. My goodness gracious these are cool.

Knack Studios

Knack Studios

Want to see how that cool black desk looked BEFORE? Click here! Anything is possible as you will see the moment you click!

Psst: Barb just wrote a gorgeous book that I wrote the foreword for, it’s called Furniture Makeovers, and it will release next May but you can pre-order it here. I can’t wait to get my hands on it. That is going to sell off the shelves for sure.

(images barb blair)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on December 01, 2012

1. Juliette commented
    December 1st, 2012 at 11:39am

So nice to see the Koelle name here! I had the pleasure of meeting Annie this past summer when we picked up a piece of artwork from her husband; both Koelles were wonderful and clearly talented! And Knack Studios -love as always! Fun to know about the book!

2. barb blair commented
    December 1st, 2012 at 12:50pm

Thank you so much Holly for featuring these pieces! I just love you, and think you are the best! xo
    barb blair´s last blog post ..Etcetera: Cranny is the best

3. Glenda Childers commented
    December 1st, 2012 at 1:00pm

So many wonderful design books.
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Celebrating 35 years of marriage

4. decor8 commented
    December 1st, 2012 at 1:04pm

@Barb – You too! I can’t wait to see your book and try some of the ideas!

5. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 1st, 2012 at 3:45pm

She is SO good, that beautiful Barb! LOVE these desks and can’t wait to get her book! The whole reason I love my $95.00 round dining room table is because I followed Barb’s tutorial on grey washing a table. She is a master, no? :)
    YAY, Barb!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Art Love

6. Megan commented
    December 1st, 2012 at 4:42pm

Oh, wow. Fine arts meets furniture. I love the landscape painting in the first example. Just added her book to my wishlist.
    Megan´s last blog post ..Crafty Art with a Message

7. yael ilan commented
    December 1st, 2012 at 8:45pm

LOVE THEM

8. annie commented
    December 2nd, 2012 at 2:56am

thanks for the shout out! it was so fun working with barb, i love what she did after i painted.

9. lucianna samu commented
    December 2nd, 2012 at 9:41pm

Great way to up-cycle. Love the subtlety of the small table.
    lucianna samu´s last blog post ..Honesty IS the best policy

10. Amberly commented
    December 2nd, 2012 at 11:47pm

Both examples are really cool, but I especially love the colors in the first one. Great find!
    Amberly´s last blog post ..Fireplace Love

11. Ollie commented
    December 3rd, 2012 at 8:16am

I am loving these collaborative pieces that Barb has done. She is so talented, as well as wonderful and generous. She takes time out of her day to offer support and advice to me, even though I’m a stranger from the other side of the world!!! A real treasure :)
    Ollie´s last blog post ..Helping You Help Animals this Christmas

12. Sirin commented
    December 3rd, 2012 at 1:40pm

hey that was very informative. I have some suggestions to pen down. I insist that everyone of us can always opt for eco friendly furnitures which is the need of this hour and the current environment. This also keeps the environment around you healthy and green.

13. Angela commented
    December 5th, 2012 at 5:58pm

Beautiful pieces!

14. Jo Seaquist commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 2:43am

Oh my word, I love love that landscapey cabinet.
    Jo Seaquist´s last blog post ..Still a Vampire