Furniture Makeovers

December 1, 2012

I saw this on Pinterest and went a little bonkers and traced it back to Barb Blair from Knack Studios. Oh my goodness Barb, this is some kind of incredible. Then I saw it on Poppytalk and learned that it’s a collaboration between Knack and her friends Annie Koelle and Eric Benjamin. My goodness gracious these are cool.

Furniture Makeovers

Furniture Makeovers

Want to see how that cool black desk looked BEFORE? Click here! Anything is possible as you will see the moment you click!

Psst: Barb just wrote a gorgeous book that I wrote the foreword for, it’s called Furniture Makeovers, and it will release next May but you can pre-order it here. I can’t wait to get my hands on it. That is going to sell off the shelves for sure.

(images barb blair)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Juliette December 1, 2012 at 11:39 am

So nice to see the Koelle name here! I had the pleasure of meeting Annie this past summer when we picked up a piece of artwork from her husband; both Koelles were wonderful and clearly talented! And Knack Studios -love as always! Fun to know about the book!

• Reply barb blair December 1, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Thank you so much Holly for featuring these pieces! I just love you, and think you are the best! xo

• Reply decor8 December 1, 2012 at 1:04 pm

@Barb – You too! I can’t wait to see your book and try some of the ideas!

• Reply Glenda Childers December 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm

So many wonderful design books.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 1, 2012 at 3:45 pm

She is SO good, that beautiful Barb! LOVE these desks and can’t wait to get her book! The whole reason I love my $95.00 round dining room table is because I followed Barb’s tutorial on grey washing a table. She is a master, no? :)
    YAY, Barb!

• Reply Megan December 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Oh, wow. Fine arts meets furniture. I love the landscape painting in the first example. Just added her book to my wishlist.

• Reply yael ilan December 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm

• Reply annie December 2, 2012 at 2:56 am

thanks for the shout out! it was so fun working with barb, i love what she did after i painted.

• Reply lucianna samu December 2, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Great way to up-cycle. Love the subtlety of the small table.

• Reply Amberly December 2, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Both examples are really cool, but I especially love the colors in the first one. Great find!

• Reply Ollie December 3, 2012 at 8:16 am

I am loving these collaborative pieces that Barb has done. She is so talented, as well as wonderful and generous. She takes time out of her day to offer support and advice to me, even though I’m a stranger from the other side of the world!!! A real treasure :)

• Reply Sirin December 3, 2012 at 1:40 pm

hey that was very informative. I have some suggestions to pen down. I insist that everyone of us can always opt for eco friendly furnitures which is the need of this hour and the current environment. This also keeps the environment around you healthy and green.

• Reply Angela December 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Beautiful pieces!

• Reply Jo Seaquist December 12, 2012 at 2:43 am

Oh my word, I love love that landscapey cabinet.