I Heart Blogging Workshops!

Hello friends! I thought before posting Etsy Take Five Tuesday today that I’d introduce you to our students from our blogging workshop this weekend. Each of these wonderful ladies came to my home in Hannover, Germany to learn from Steffi Luxat and I about blogging and how to take a more creative, journalistic approach to your blog.

#bywstudio

We had such a wonderful time, we shopped together, ate together, took photos, learned, enjoyed the Christmas market… It was so lovely that I want to host another in the Spring! Those are our 16 Blogging Your Way Studio students above and of course, you can see how seriously they took their studies!!!!

We had fun doing this shoot… I took out my collection of vintage hats passed down to me by my grandmother (she was a dancer in Chicago in the late 30s) and let the students play with them for a photo session, which wasn’t my idea by the way. It was a rather thrown together photo shoot because we didn’t plan to do one but Rincy, a darling student visiting from Ireland, really wanted to do one and so we did and ended up having a blast!

#bywstudio

This is Gudy and her class partner, Louisa holding a bag from one of our sponsors, Alphabet Bags. This was not a class about blogging by the rules, it was a class about blogging from the heart!

#bywstudio

This is Susanne getting a haircut by Nic. These ladies were so sweet and I especially love how Nic always had the best advice when we were having our open conversion sessions in class.

#bywstudio

This is Inga and her class partner, Holly. Inga has the cutest blog, you have to check it out – I love the clean layout. Holly is a columnist for Houzz and has her own blog that she’s currently revamping for a big shiny new roll out.

#bywstudio

This is Louise and her “blog team” for the weekend, Brigitte and Sabrina. They raided my china cabinet for cups to pretend they are classy bloggers taking tea. I think though that they had vodka in their cups! :)

#bywstudio

This is Orit, who came all the way from Tel Aviv as a birthday present for herself and had on the best bright clothes each time I saw her – so cool! Her blog partner in crime was Dani who was just the sweetest lady – she gave me a gorgeous bag when she left filled with American baking things which was extremely thoughtful. I loved how Dani added washi tape to her hat, cute, right?

#bywstudio

This is Jana with her blog partner Rincy. Rincy just sparkles and glows and transmits so much positive energy and light, as a pediatrician her “kids” must love her. Jana is a comedian – she’s so full of life – these two were the perfect blog partners.

#bywstudio

This is Magda and her partner for the weekend, Elisa. They are pretending to be very dainty and quiet but both ladies have loads of ideas and opinions and are filled with fire when it comes to turning their blogs into pro blogs. Go, girls, go!

#bywstudio

Sabine was so cute and her blog partner, Geraldine from London, was equally darling. They grabbed the trees from my windows and decided to be a very wacky Dutch portrait. Geraldine is also a medical doctor – having two doctors in my blogging class made me feel very good all weekend in case anyone passed out from inspiration overload!

#bywstudio

Please visit all of the blogs linked in this post to visit our students because these ladies were just fantastic. And you know what? There wasn’t a single “drama queen” in the group – everyone got along so well and were just so thoughtful, generous and sweet. I find this in most blogger classes and meet ups though, bloggers are the best people in the world to gather together – at least the design, craft, wedding, lifestyle, food and mommy blogs – not sure what the dynamics are at blog events for other groups like gossip bloggers and fashion blogs, but I always love going to and hosting events for bloggers because I know that everyone will get along and bond.

#bywstudio students

Here we are as a group freezing outside in Hannover at the Christmas Market. :)

I will forever hold these ladies dear to my heart and look back at this weekend as one big beautiful highlight of my career. Thank you SO much to my dear partner-in-crime, Steffi Luxat, too. We had so much fun together and put a lot of thought and planning into this weekend so for us, we’re just thrilled it all worked out so beautifully! Steffi, you’re the best. xo

(photos: @thorstenbecker)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on December 11, 2012

1. ishtar commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 2:44pm

What a lovely post Holly!
    Love seeing the students so happy !
    ishtar´s last blog post ..My workshop with Josloft ♥ Mi taller con Josloft

2. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 2:46pm

sounds like such an amazing weekend!
    i will have to keep my eyes open for your next workshop :)
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Last Days in Paris

3. Rincy Koshy commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 2:51pm

Holly!! Thank you a million times over. This weekend was an absolute dream for all of us. You and Steffi are the REAL deal. I feel so lucky and happy to have shared in this weekend with everyone! AND I just blogged my first post about it today (yay!)
    #pleaseadoptme#seriousgirlcrush
    Rincy Koshy´s last blog post ..The Workshop

4. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:23pm

You know, you are truly magical my friend. You put your money where your mouth is all the time and create such special occasions for us all. These lovely ladies must have had THE best time! I can not think of a more fun way to spend a weekend and it all looks so special and beautiful. More pics, more pics! :)
    xoxo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap & Chic

5. Holly (Love,Thomas) commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:25pm

Oh, Holly. What a lovely post, and thank you for spotlighting each and every one of us in such a thoughtful way. We are all missing each other already because you and Steffi put on the BEST bloggers workshop ever! See you in January for more inspiration. Love, Holly x
    Holly (Love,Thomas)´s last blog post ..Blogging Your Way Part One: Studio Impressions

6. decor8 commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:33pm

@Ishtar – Thank you! I hope someday we can teach a class together too – maybe next year. Thank you for coming to London again last month, it was SO nice to finally meet you!

7. decor8 commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:35pm

@Holly M. – Oh my gosh thank you and also I miss you guys so much already too. We needed about a week together I think. There was SO MUCH more we could have taught you and explored in Hannover together – maybe we’ll do another in the Spring. There is always room for more inspiration and joy in our lives. Miss you girls!!!! See you next month though at imm cologne. xo

8. decor8 commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:36pm

@Melissa – Hi honey, I thought about you this weekend and how much you would have been totally IN your element. We did have a magical time. It was so nice to host this one in my home. I hope to see you again soon by the way, I’m going to be in NYC in May so I’m thinking to do another class there – I’ll let you know if you’d like to join up again!!!! xoxoox

9. decor8 commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:38pm

@Rincy – Ha ha I totally could adopt you in our Blogger Girl Club! :) I didn’t want you to leave, it was like sunshine left Hannover when you flew home!!!!

10. decor8 commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:39pm

@Molly – Please do – it is a very special weekend of beauty, support, encouragement, learning and magic. I wish I could host once a month but I cannot – but I want to!!!!

11. Chloe Moon commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:51pm

Wow, I wish I was in Europe…this blog workshop looks so much fun!! =)
    Chloe Moon´s last blog post ..And That Was the Turning Point…That Was One Lonely Night…

12. Isabelle commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 4:02pm

Hello Holly,

I kept stalking all of you on Instagram all through the weekend. I bet you had a wonderful time. So much inspiration, creativity and fun! I’m sure I could hear your laughter all the way from Hanover to my town (which isn’t very far, but anyway).

I hope I’ll be able to join in spring!

xoxo, Isabelle

13. Esther commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 4:09pm

Woooooww!! That seems like a wonderful time was had! I wish I could’ve been there… next time maybe I’ll be so lucky.
    Thanx for sharing these great pics, I am in LOVE with the hats. Can you just imagin being able to wear these from day to day, for real? Whoah…
    Cheers!
    Esther.
    Esther´s last blog post ..Winter Time Give Away Winner!

14. Nic {luzia pimpinella} commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 4:18pm

Can’t tell in appropriate words how inspiring, motivating and encouraging this weekend was for me. I so LOVED to be together with all you amazing women… the most adorable (and funny!) teachers and my lovely fellow students!

It was a pleasure to be a part of this and I hope to see you all again soon, girls! Miss you!

XOXO!
    Nic
    Nic {luzia pimpinella}´s last blog post ..blogging your way studio

15. Silky Hart commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 4:20pm

Holly, thank you for sharing this wonderful post about your perfect most fabulous workshop! I, too, was stalking the instagram photos, hehe. Your sincere passion and enthusiasm shine through! xoxo
    Silky Hart´s last blog post ..Create Your Incredible Year in 2013

16. Angela Hall commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 4:31pm

What a good time you all had. Maybe I can find something like that here in the states. I’m a fairly new blogger and I struggle with some of these same issues. What a great support system.
    Angela Hall´s last blog post ..Brand Profile: MAC Cosmetics

17. Kathleen commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 4:54pm

Well, you all look like you were having the best time of your life. That’s what blogging is all about. Connecting and having fun. That’s why I’m here anyway and wishing of course I could buzz to Europe for a weekend next time!! Makes me smile!!
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..Working on that New Item!!

18. Greta commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 4:54pm

sounds like you ladies had a fabulous time while learning and studying new stuff!
    I would really loooove to join one of your next workshops and learn more!

Merry Christmas time!
    Greta
    Greta´s last blog post ..Do it myself, schau schnell hinter Türchen No 11

19. Pretty in Pink Bride commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 6:09pm

you look so cute girls:)
    Pretty in Pink Bride´s last blog post ..Günün Dekorasyonu: Classic Style!

20. Kate commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 6:51pm

What an amazing weekend you girls had, such fun and inspiration! I am just about to go on a little wander and stroll through blog land to visit all of the new blogs you have highlighted…can I ask who made the gorgeous little doll that Magda is holding? It is adorable!
    Kate´s last blog post ..Neon splashes this week x

21. Magda commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 6:57pm

Dear Holly,

the weekend was truly a highlight in my life, both as a blogger and a person outside the blogging world. You and Steffi are so inspiring and just fun to be around – I wish the time had stopped, so that we could spend more time with you, enjoying your teaching and having so much fun together.

Thank you for mentioning us in the post, I love those cute photos :). See in at imm cologne, cannot wait for that!

xoxo, Magda
    Magda´s last blog post ..Warsztaty „Blogging Your Way” z Holly Becker i Steffi Luxat

22. Louisa Blackmore commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 8:03pm

Wow Holly what an amazing blog post, you are such a sweetheart to mention us all. What an incredible experience, I wish we had longer the time went so quickly. I am in my home office surrounded by #bywstudio goodies and notes and working on all the brilliant suggestions you for me & west egg.

You and Steffi are the queen bees of blog workshops, you rule!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

Louisa x x

23. Dani commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 8:34pm

Aww Holly, you are the sweetest! Thank YOU for letting us into your house and sharing literally your life with us. Big Hugs!
    Dani´s last blog post ..Shopping Hannover Linden

24. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 8:49pm

How amazing! How special to have a class all about blogging from the heart!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Kate Eschbach Photography | Scottsdale Family Photographer

25. sue commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 9:54pm

i so wanted to come on this weekend. I am not so far away in Frankfurt, but my daughter was 21 the same weekend, so was not to be. But maybe in Spring – unless you pick when the other daughter will be 18! Mind you, she blogs too, so maybe I will bring her along.

26. Shalagh Hogan commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 3:13am

And I remember when you were fretting about the in-house workshop.
    Holly? Fretting? Yes. She’s human too you know. I envy each and every one of you, And am glad for all you as well.
    Love,
    Shalagh
    Shalagh Hogan´s last blog post ..My Biological Equation

27. gudy herder commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 10:36am

Almost 3 days later and I still have high energy! I have been attending many courses in the past year but that’s the one that really lifted me up! Holly and Steffi, what amazing women you are!
    gudy herder´s last blog post ..BYW Studio with Holly Becker and Steffi Luxat

28. decor8 commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 12:42pm

@Shalagh – What do you mean? I’m not sure I understand your comment. Thank you!

29. Anna commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 12:58pm

Wow Holly, what a super post and looks like it was an amazing weekend, such a fun idea. You really are the queen of blogging! I hope you’ll do it again, I’d love to come :-)
    Great you have linked to all the lovely ladies too, I’m going to check them out now.
    Anna´s last blog post ..Close knit Christmas in Streatham!

30. Bridgee commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 3:06pm

Awwww…Dearest Holly, thank you so much for featuring all of us on your blog and having such kind words for each and every one of us !

I was also impressed by the fact that there were no mean girls or queen bees in our little blogger group and credit this to you – you are teaching all of us how to support each other and form a community instead of wasting energy on negativity !

Love, Bridgee

31. Christina Wöhler commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 5:15pm

Hach, and all that in my town…(Hannover-List)
    Maybe next time with me ?
    regards Tina

32. Louise of 30s Magazine commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 6:21pm

Thank you so much for mentioning us Holly. It was so much fun and I wish we could have a sequel. Connecting with other bloggers is so valuable and gives me such a boost. And I have you to thank for that. Looking forward to Cologne where we can all meet again and add some more beautiful memories.
    Much love,
    Louise
    Louise of 30s Magazine´s last blog post ..Food for Thought

33. fenny setiawan commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 9:29am

Lovely post Holly, I love you as an online teacher, I wish I can fly all the way from Malaysia to attend your workshop at your inspiring house.

And you have the best students, ever… :)

34. Karlijn commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 5:29pm

Hi Holly,
    I was wondering if I can join your next workshop? I’m a Dutch girl and I love your blog and style. What do I have to do for joining your workshop?
    Greetings, Karlijn