Blogging Your Way Studio: Goody Bag Loot Roundup

Lots of you have been asking what exactly was inside of the goody bags that we stuffed for our students at #bywstudio and so I thought to do a round-up showing all of the loot from our wonderful sponsors. Please click on the links below to see the websites behind each company as they are all such interesting and fantastic spots to find beautiful things for the holidays and any time of the year, really. Ready to see what our students received?

Goody Bag Loot

Chronicle Books in San Francisco gave us journals to write in – so pretty, thank you Chronicle!

Goody Bag Loot

As mentioned previously in this post, Alphabet Bags gave us all amazing totes and pouches.

Goody Bag Loot

Rice gave everyone handmade animal brooches that we used to decorate the bags from Alphabet Bags. The ribbon on the bags was from our other sponsor, House Doctor via their German agent, Tinna Pedersen.

Goody Bag Loot

Then, Charlotte from Rice sent us a box filled with animal pencils, but that’s not all…

Goody Bag Loot

Rice also donated journals with glittery covers – bling bling

Goody Bag Loot

And Rice gave our students handmade bracelets and necklaces (necklaces not shown).

Goody Bag Loot

I reached into my own pocket and ordered 17 copies of Decorate Workshop from Amazon and signed each copy for my students, placing it in their bags. It made me happy to see how much they loved it!

Goody Bag Loot

Wednesday Paper Works sponsored notepads because every blogger needs a to do list!

Goody Bag Loot

Rosa Cosa (I love this online shop!) donated packs of straws since so many bloggers love using them in food photography and blue with pink neon bags (seen here).

Goody Bag Loot

Kusmi tea gave everyone tins of Love tea… And we were definitely feeling the love this weekend!

Goody Bag Loot

These adorable German tickets (for fun!) came from our sponsor, Feine Billetterie. These are cute for laying on a table during a party or pinning to mood boards.

Goody Bag Loot

Ferm Living sponsored us too – they gave everyone wooden clips.

Goody Bag Loot

Ferm Living also provided napkins so we used their Mr. and Mrs. napkins (shown here) when we ate. So cute!

Goody Bag Loot

Bertine gave everyone a porcelain star, “You Are My Star”, which is exactly how we felt about each student in our class. They were all total ROCK STARS. xo

Goody Bag Loot

Publisher Pitasche Moustache gave everyone a copy of Nine Stories About Love written by Giovanna Zoboli with illustrations by blogger Ana Ventura. I wanted to have a book that had its roots in blogging and I’ve known Ana for many years as a fellow blogger. I think it’s encouraging for bloggers to see what potential there is to extend beyond our blogs to take part in exciting projects.

Goody Bag Loot

Mein Cupcake gave everyone Christmas-themed masking tape. Who doesn’t love decorative tape? My favorite was the white tape with the black and neon pink stars. I saved a roll for my ever-growing collection of tapes!

Goody Bag Loot

Lisa Nieschlag from Lizza West gave us pretty postcards for the goody bags, thank you Lisa! You are the best!

Goody Bag Loot

To decorate the studio rooms and the student bags, House Doctor was so generous in giving us paper snowflakes, napkins and ribbons. We loved them! It was so fun to use them to decorate the windows in the studio and the tables and bags. I think the paper snowflakes brought the real deal though because it snowed this weekend and so the windows looked particularly divine with paper snowflakes inside and icy snow falling outdoors. Magical, especially with the candles flickering in the windows. It was such a cozy blogger retreat!

I am so pleased that our sponsors came through for us to make this weekend memorable and gorgeous for both Steffi and I and most importantly, our students. We really wanted to make our goody bags special – mission accomplished! If you missed the video from our class, click here to view it, it’s so sweet because you can see in the beginning how everyone is so thrilled opening their bags to see all of the things that I’ve shown you in this post. You can clearly feel the love and positivity – the magic just radiated from our studio in Hannover all weekend — I think hearts and rainbows were above and all around my home! It was incredible.

I love teaching and want to keep hosting workshops and encouraging and connecting people for years to come, and I have to thank my sponsors for making it easier for me to be generous through their gorgeous donations in the form of pretty products that bloggers love to use. So thank you all, dear sponsors, for your BIG giving hearts.

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on December 13, 2012

1. Magda commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 2:10pm

As a participant of this workshop I have to admit that the goody bags were AMAZING! So many nice, useful things that will remind me of the great time we had together. And the book, Decorate Workshop, is so gorgeous, that I cannot stop looking at it, reading it and…smelling it (yes yes, I DO smell new books :)

Big thanks to the sponsors and Holly and Steffi for arranging it beautifully on the day of our arrival at Holly’s studio.
    Magda´s last blog post ..Blogging Your Way Studio – a weekend to remember!

2. I AM TURQUOISE commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 2:19pm

ahh cute stuff! especially the notepads!

I AM TURQUOISE´s last blog post ..Leather skirts

3. Esther commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 2:24pm

I know it’s not polite to say you’re jealous, but heck here it is… I am jealous ;-) Such amazing goodies!! Wow!!
    Esther.
    Esther´s last blog post ..Christmas tree garland

4. Chloe Moon commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 3:41pm

Wow…Just Wow…What a prize to take your shop and receive this amazing goodie bag!! I have to check out Rice…I think that’s my favorite shop out of the list! =)

Ergo – Blog
    Chloe Moon´s last blog post ..So What Gifts Have I Actually Bought So Far??

5. samantha commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 4:19pm

looked like a fun day, lovely video too.
    samantha´s last blog post ..New Simply Crochet magazine

6. Chrystina commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 4:50pm

This is such an incredible bag of goodies!! Either you guys are going to need to come to the US to host some classes, or I’m going to have to get my butt over to Germany.
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..9 greeting card designs

7. Mandy commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 9:29pm

Where are the little white and neon pink bowls from?

8. decor8 commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 9:36pm

@mandy – rosa Cosa

9. Vero Palazzo commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 9:58pm

Such amazing things! I would love to join one of your workshops… and would be more than happy with 10% of that bag full of beautiful things!

10. Shilpa Nair commented
    December 14th, 2012 at 8:12am

Hello Holly!! I am so inspired by the video (of blogging your way studio) I saw. I miss each of those great moment. And I don’t know when will I be honored to meet you in person, like in these sessions.
    I regularly receive your blog updates via email. But still wanted to have more of your presence in my inspiration, so just ordered Decorate Workshop book (I know I am late for that act). I will receive the great book on 17th Dec. And I am on my toes, with full eagerness to have the book on my hand.
    Your each idea and suggestions are valuable to me. Thank you for being a part of my life and inspiration in such a wonderful way.
    And I am equally glad to meet all the members who have attended the studio. I have gone through each one of your blog and amazed to see the creativity and thoughtfulness each one of you holds.
    Wishing to meet you all, by flying away from India someday. :)
    Have a great day and year ahead.

11. Silkie commented
    December 14th, 2012 at 11:14am

So much gorgeous colour and pattern, what a delight,like an early Christmas Stocking! Loved your little video too.

12. Sravya commented
    December 14th, 2012 at 2:07pm

Wow !!!! Awesome goody collection for the Christmas. Like it.

13. Louise of 30s Magazine commented
    December 16th, 2012 at 9:41am

I’m still in awe over these goody bags. Last night I had my birthday party and showed my girlfriends the content and they were all jealous. This is hands down the best goody bag I ever got. Thank you again for arranging that for us.
    Louise of 30s Magazine´s last blog post ..Christmas shopping in Hanover

14. fenny setiawan commented
    December 17th, 2012 at 4:00am

Lovely sponsors, I adore them all. SO lucky students. You are the best.