Meet Me & Friends at We Are Social / imm Cologne

We are social! Yes we are! Tweet me, like me, rah, rah, rah! Okay, social media cheerleading aside, I want to invite you to imm cologne, where more than 1,250 exhibitors from more than 50 countries come face to face with over 140k visitors from all over the world to present 100k+ pieces of furniture and other decorating items — and a big bonus for visitors is that about one third of these exhibitors are totally new. But that’s not all…

We Are Social

The most exciting part for me is that I’ll be there to speak on Monday, January 14th from 2-4 on, “Blogging Your Way To Success – 8 tips on how others can find success through blogging and social media” and lead a panel composed of 6 social media and blogging experts for, We Are Social, where we will explore the benefits of social media along with plenty of ideas for all who want to use social media platforms and their blogs in ways that can yield rich results.

Dr. Frank Huber from First Media organized this event for imm and asked me to select 3 bloggers that I thought would be a great fit to the panel that he had already begun to pull together when he approached me last year. Dr. Huber selected Costas Voyatzis from YatzerFerdinando Napoli from Archiportale and Micle Mihai-Cristian from Freshome because those are sites that he reads and admires and whom he regards as social media experts and success stories.

When it was my turn to choose my three panel experts, I wanted to go with a diverse group with different backgrounds so I selected Will Taylor from Bright Bazaar, Frederik Frede from Freunde von Freunden and Stefanie from the OhhMhh blog. Each of our panelists will give a 10 minute presentation so you will get to learn more about them and what they do along with their inspirational story and background. After that, we will break for some mingling and then everyone will be invited to take their seats as we’ll then begin the panel — I’ll ask questions so that everyone in attendance can learn from these inspirational people. My goal as the moderator will be to keep it REAL and RELATABLE. I want everyone in attendance, no matter how big or small your blog is, to walk away with plenty of ideas and creative fuel and most importantly, to feel inspired by all of us and our stories. Because really, our stories are your stories. We are a community. We are social!

If you cannot attend, please follow us on January 14th on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest by following us at #wearesocial

Location: imm Cologne
Congress-Centrum Ost 4. OG, Congress-Saal Sektion 3, Koelnmesse
2:00-4:00

Following the event, I’ll be at the Koelnmesse Passage Hall 3/ Hall 11 signing books at 4:45 (both English and German copies will be available for sale).

For more information, please check out the imm website – this event is completely free of charge so please come, bring a friend, and enjoy a few hours of learning, mingling and fun because we plan to make this an event that is not only worth your time but that can be enjoyed by all.

See you soon!

(image: imm cologne)

Posted by decor8 in events on January 09, 2013

1. Andreia commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 4:01pm

That’s great news. I hope to folow by twitter. Thank you Holly!

2. Tanya commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 4:52pm

Congrats on being invited to speak. I bet you are super excited. I wont be able to go but Ill try to check it out on twitter!

3. Chrystina commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 7:43pm

This sounds incredible – and yay for getting to speak and choose panelists – that’s so much fun!! Have a blast and I will be following via Twitter… from the US….
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..some random thoughts of the week

4. Igor commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 7:49pm

Looking forward to seeing you again, Holly!
    Igor´s last blog post ..5 Happy Inspirations: Cushion Happiness

5. Marianthi commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 11:51am

Congatulations! You must feel very honored to be chosen to coordinate such an event and will also be so much fun! ….but you are used to it…(everything you are involved in seems to be a lot of fun)

Although I was planning to come to Imm this year, sth came up and unfortunately plans changed. So shame, didn’t know you would be there. It would be a great opportunity to finally meet you in person.

I have not yet a blog but you are really inspiring me and have offered me courage and a smile in so many occasions in these four years that have been reading your blog and watch your evolution.

I also have your two books. And especially the second is so much Holly! Cheering, and elegant, and personal, and with giving the opportunity to become personal (I followed your advice and filled it with colourful hand notes)

I send you my wishes for a succhessful meeting and hope we will be able to see some or all of the speaks maybe from ytube? (Kostas Voyatzis is also very good)

Marianthi

6. KaTrin commented
    January 11th, 2013 at 12:11pm

Dear Holly,
    these are great news!
    I live in Cologne, so it`s just the way across the river rhine :-)
    Are the halls accessable without a fair ticket?

Would you like to know some nice cafés in Cologne where you can go to afterwards?
    It would be my pleasure to recommend some sweet places to you.
    Lots of love, KATRIN

7. decor8 commented
    January 11th, 2013 at 8:10pm

@Katrin – I would love to know of some nice places – particularly to have breakfast on Monday morning!
    I think you need a fair ticket to get in, I’m not sure, this is my first time at imm!

8. kaTrin commented
    January 12th, 2013 at 11:00am

Dear Holly,
    if you make the way across the river, the fair is on the right side…here are my suggestions:
    1. In the pedestrian area, not so far from the dome is the Stanton. It is hidden behind a little church: http://www.cafe-stanton.de/
    2. Here they offer my favourite Quiches and cakes: http://www.salonschmitz.com/
    Ah, and just at the end of the Hohenzollernbrücke, the bridge between fair and central station, is a good café in the Museum Ludwig. http://www.ludwig-im-museum.de/cafe-restaurant/unser-fruehstueck.html
    I haven`t tried the breakfast there, but like the atmosphere a lot. If you have time: I can recommend the actual exhibition of David Hockney! It´s a bath in colours! http://www.museum-ludwig.de/
    Enjoy your stay in Cologne!… and I hope this was a little help or inspiration.
    I hope I make it to the event on Monday :)
    Lots of love ** KATRIN

9. iris commented
    January 12th, 2013 at 10:32pm

Hi Holly, I hope I can make to your ” We are social ” event!!! at IMM Cologne. I would love to meet you :-) I Like your blog so much! Thx for all the inspiration and information you share.
    iris´s last blog post ..Pantone Emerald Handmade gevonden via oh my! handmade goodness

10. decor8 commented
    January 13th, 2013 at 12:33am

@Iris – Yes, please, come! It would be wonderful to meet you. :) :)

11. decor8 commented
    January 13th, 2013 at 12:40am

@Katrin – Oh thank you so much! I was going to go to the Hockney exhibition, he is one of my favorite artists, but I decided to take the train a little later tomorrow so I won’t be getting to the city until the evening so I will just meet a friend for dinner, have a cocktail with another friend flying in from Barcelona and then I’ll get to bed so I’m ready for Monday! I was thinking to go Monday morning but I’m not sure I’ll have time… I have to be a imm for a special breakfast at noon. Then my schedule is packed all day long. I was thinking to stay an extra night… but I have to consider it. I’d love to see that exhibition! YES Katrin, do come to the event at imm – it would be so much fun to meet you and also to just have some cool blogger girls there – we have lots of awesome people coming, I really can’t wait!!!!

12. KaTrin commented
    January 13th, 2013 at 9:44pm

Daer Holly,
    the exhibition is worth spending there some hours, but even a colour-bath of 1 hour is something you should not miss. Better than nothing! If I`m not wrong it`s 8€, so it doesn`t cost the world.
    I decided to come tomorrow, I`m not a blogger yet, just curious and very much looking forward to see you in real life.
    Thank you for answering my posts, sweetheart**

13. iris commented
    January 8th, 2014 at 11:35am

decor8,

hi holly, i’ve met you last year at IMM 2013. And followd some of your classes in 2013 :-) Is there a new (blog) event at IMM 2014 where you will be speaking ? Love to hear from you !

14. iris commented
    January 9th, 2014 at 12:54pm

Hi Holly, is this year 2014 also a blog event at IMM cologne with you?
    iris´s last blog post ..Definitely Black | Color + Interior trends 2014 | B&B Italia | IMM Cologne 2014

15. decor8 commented
    January 13th, 2014 at 10:51pm

@iris – No that was in January 2013 when I gave a keynote at IMM Cologne. :)

16. decor8 commented
    January 13th, 2014 at 10:54pm

@Iris – No I won’t be speaking at IMM this year. They didn’t do a very good job coordinating my keynote last year, they wouldn’t pay me for my time, I was treated very rudely by their coordinator, they did nothing to organize my book signing except to hang one small flyer in the book store there and they put my keynote lecture in a room that was far from the trade floor and very hard to find. After that experience, I vowed not to speak at IMM again unless they change everything and treat me fairly! :)