Press

Working With West Elm

January 9, 2013

Hi everyone! I need your help but first, I’ve been working with West Elm recently and it has resulted in being in their current catalog (here is an online glimpse!) and a Pinterest board called Globalist Mix. I’ve not seen the catalog yet but I’m told 2.5 million of their subscribers have and it’s in all of their stores so I’m waiting anxiously by my mailbox until I have a copy – can’t wait!

Working With West Elm

Working With West Elm

West Elm has me working with them on their next two catalogs, too. The idea is that I would pick three international bloggers based outside of North America and together in each issue one of those three would give decorating advise in their catalog along with me. For the current issue, I’ve chosen wonderful Will from Bright Bazaar (thanks, Will!) and for the next catalog I will be teamed up with the very sweet Irene from Bloesem (thanks, Irene!) and the final catalog I’ll be paired with uber stylish Lucy at The Design Files (thank you, Lucy!). I am delighted and honored that West Elm reached out to me in the first place and can’t wait to see how many of their peeps find Will, Irene, Lucy and I as a result. Exciting stuff – I am so grateful for this amazing opportunity.

Working With West Elm

Working With West Elm

Working With West Elm

See more inspiration from Will and I here and here. Now… For the part where I need some help. Would you like to help Will and I pin on our Globalist Mix board for West Elm? If so, tag photos on Pinterest in your folders with #WEglobalist and Will and I will look for that tag and pin as many as we can and that are appropriate. Thank you!!!!

(image: west elm)

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply Jocelyn Casey January 9, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Congrats Holly! Thank you for everything you do for world of design and style. You are truly an inspiration to me.

• Reply Aaron from West Elm January 9, 2013 at 7:58 pm

We’re so excited to be working with Holly and Will! We’re just getting started but are eager to see this partnership take shape!

• Reply YOLONDA January 9, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Very cool!
    Congrats!
    ?, Londa

• Reply Kathleen January 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Holly,
    I have loved West Elm for a long time and so happy when I lived in Las Vegas to see they had a store. I would spend quite some time and quite often for an artisic break and also to show others what a great store. It truly was one of the first “new” type of decorating stores that with your help could only mean good things. Bringing your ideas along with their great stuff is exciting!! Good luck!

• Reply Kinga January 9, 2013 at 10:17 pm

This is so much fun! The new year has barely started and already you’re inspiring millions! Wishing you amazing things ahead!

• Reply Christine January 9, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Hi, Holly

Congratulations!!! This is so exciting and amazing.
    I can’t wait to check out the catalog!

• Reply Aileen@AtHomeinLove January 9, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Thus is awesome! Congratulations. I can’t wait to see the spread in full and the next few.

• Reply ChristinaInAustralia January 10, 2013 at 2:54 am

Ooooooooooh that “Globalist Mix” board is right up my alley. It just fits the bill for a German girl living in Oz, with an Australian who secretly thinks he’s an ancient Greek (and insists on classical names for the cats — have I told him it’s going to be German names for the kids? Must do that.). the board reminds me of our first holiday together, in Turkey, with the Grand Bazaar as one of the highlights. Just magical. ; )

Oh, and have earmarked the Bright Bazaar blog, too. Happy new year, Holly!

• Reply Eva Ricci January 10, 2013 at 3:10 am

That’s amazing. Congrats! What a great collaboration.

• Reply Karena January 10, 2013 at 3:58 am

Congrats Holly you are great and well, teaming up with West Elm, amazing!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

• Reply anastasia January 10, 2013 at 4:32 am

What a great collaboration – Congratulations…off to check out your Pinterest board and hope I can help too…inspiring challenge!

• Reply Jessica @shimmerkai January 10, 2013 at 1:56 pm

How exciting! Can’t wait to check out the pinterest board.

• Reply Chrystina January 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm

This is incredible. What a colorful and great spread! Also, I’m pretty much addicted to West Elm, so how could I not like it?

• Reply Shalagh Hogan January 10, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Only you Holly could get away with “I need your help but first I’ve been working with West Elm.” um, what, twice. The work looks lovely and striving to be the best you all these many years made you the perfect choice for the job. Seems very silly they sent the catalog out to the world and not you first. Don’t let that happen again. I bet you have pull within the company now.
    Congratulations and Thanks for the inspiration.
    Love,
    Shalagh

• Reply simone January 10, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Hi Holly–I pinned some images last night and wanted to search today and see what other pins had the tag #WEglobalist but nothing came up under pins, boards or pinners. Is there a way to see what other people are pinning? (I know I’m must be missing something…)

• Reply decor8 January 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

@Simone – I thought the same thing – I cannot find ONE pin for that hashtag – not sure what’s happening. :(

• Reply stephanie @ Baba Souk January 11, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Cool stuff! I’m going straight over my Pinterest to pin some Globalist mixed inspiration right now! :)

• Reply Desha Peacock January 12, 2013 at 3:00 am

This is really cool, I’m headed right over to Pinterest. So glad you have you back Holly, I missed you :)

• Reply Patti Borrelli @BeSoStyle January 13, 2013 at 8:28 pm

What a dream job you have. So much fun! I love the idea for tagging global pins. Thanks for your-always flowing creativity + inspiration.

• Reply Gretchen January 14, 2013 at 2:17 am

It was such a nice surprise to turn the page in my West Elm catalog and see your lovely face! Congratulations on this opportunity.

• Reply Annette January 16, 2013 at 5:16 pm

very cool Holly! fun read, can’t wait to see the next installment. You’re on fire girl! XO

• Reply Houston Carpenter January 21, 2013 at 3:54 am

Congratulations Holly and to your friends as well. Who doesn’t love West Elm? They did great in choosing you; very talented, creative and inspiring. Another reason to love them more!