Working With West Elm

Hi everyone! I need your help but first, I’ve been working with West Elm recently and it has resulted in being in their current catalog (here is an online glimpse!) and a Pinterest board called Globalist Mix. I’ve not seen the catalog yet but I’m told 2.5 million of their subscribers have and it’s in all of their stores so I’m waiting anxiously by my mailbox until I have a copy – can’t wait!

West Elm has me working with them on their next two catalogs, too. The idea is that I would pick three international bloggers based outside of North America and together in each issue one of those three would give decorating advise in their catalog along with me. For the current issue, I’ve chosen wonderful Will from Bright Bazaar (thanks, Will!) and for the next catalog I will be teamed up with the very sweet Irene from Bloesem (thanks, Irene!) and the final catalog I’ll be paired with uber stylish Lucy at The Design Files (thank you, Lucy!). I am delighted and honored that West Elm reached out to me in the first place and can’t wait to see how many of their peeps find Will, Irene, Lucy and I as a result. Exciting stuff – I am so grateful for this amazing opportunity.

See more inspiration from Will and I here and here. Now… For the part where I need some help. Would you like to help Will and I pin on our Globalist Mix board for West Elm? If so, tag photos on Pinterest in your folders with #WEglobalist and Will and I will look for that tag and pin as many as we can and that are appropriate. Thank you!!!!

(image: west elm)

Posted by decor8 in press on January 09, 2013

1. Jocelyn Casey commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 7:45pm

Congrats Holly! Thank you for everything you do for world of design and style. You are truly an inspiration to me.

2. Aaron from West Elm commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 7:58pm

We’re so excited to be working with Holly and Will! We’re just getting started but are eager to see this partnership take shape!

3. YOLONDA commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 8:32pm

Very cool!
    Congrats!
    ?, Londa

4. Kathleen commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 9:23pm

Holly,
    I have loved West Elm for a long time and so happy when I lived in Las Vegas to see they had a store. I would spend quite some time and quite often for an artisic break and also to show others what a great store. It truly was one of the first “new” type of decorating stores that with your help could only mean good things. Bringing your ideas along with their great stuff is exciting!! Good luck!
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..Go Higher, Go Further!

5. Kinga commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 10:17pm

This is so much fun! The new year has barely started and already you’re inspiring millions! Wishing you amazing things ahead!
    Kinga´s last blog post ..Fuji Instax-Mini and a new favourite place…

6. Christine commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 11:31pm

Hi, Holly

Congratulations!!! This is so exciting and amazing.
    I can’t wait to check out the catalog!
    Christine´s last blog post ..Hello world!

7. Aileen@AtHomeinLove commented
    January 9th, 2013 at 11:48pm

Thus is awesome! Congratulations. I can’t wait to see the spread in full and the next few.
    Aileen@AtHomeinLove´s last blog post ..Downton Abbey

8. ChristinaInAustralia commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 2:54am

Ooooooooooh that “Globalist Mix” board is right up my alley. It just fits the bill for a German girl living in Oz, with an Australian who secretly thinks he’s an ancient Greek (and insists on classical names for the cats — have I told him it’s going to be German names for the kids? Must do that.). the board reminds me of our first holiday together, in Turkey, with the Grand Bazaar as one of the highlights. Just magical. ; )

Oh, and have earmarked the Bright Bazaar blog, too. Happy new year, Holly!

9. Eva Ricci commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 3:10am

That’s amazing. Congrats! What a great collaboration.

10. Karena commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 3:58am

Congrats Holly you are great and well, teaming up with West Elm, amazing!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

11. anastasia commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 4:32am

What a great collaboration – Congratulations…off to check out your Pinterest board and hope I can help too…inspiring challenge!

12. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 1:56pm

How exciting! Can’t wait to check out the pinterest board.
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Heart Candy Clips

13. Chrystina commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 5:08pm

This is incredible. What a colorful and great spread! Also, I’m pretty much addicted to West Elm, so how could I not like it?
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..my 2013 book list

14. Shalagh Hogan commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 5:56pm

Only you Holly could get away with “I need your help but first I’ve been working with West Elm.” um, what, twice. The work looks lovely and striving to be the best you all these many years made you the perfect choice for the job. Seems very silly they sent the catalog out to the world and not you first. Don’t let that happen again. I bet you have pull within the company now.
    Congratulations and Thanks for the inspiration.
    Love,
    Shalagh
    Shalagh Hogan´s last blog post ..Baby Loot

15. simone commented
    January 10th, 2013 at 7:44pm

Hi Holly–I pinned some images last night and wanted to search today and see what other pins had the tag #WEglobalist but nothing came up under pins, boards or pinners. Is there a way to see what other people are pinning? (I know I’m must be missing something…)

16. decor8 commented
    January 11th, 2013 at 11:24am

@Simone – I thought the same thing – I cannot find ONE pin for that hashtag – not sure what’s happening. :(

17. stephanie @ Baba Souk commented
    January 11th, 2013 at 3:04pm

Cool stuff! I’m going straight over my Pinterest to pin some Globalist mixed inspiration right now! :)
    stephanie @ Baba Souk´s last blog post ..Treasure Baskets

18. Desha Peacock commented
    January 12th, 2013 at 3:00am

This is really cool, I’m headed right over to Pinterest. So glad you have you back Holly, I missed you :)
    Desha Peacock´s last blog post ..What’s on my Shelf…

19. Patti Borrelli @BeSoStyle commented
    January 13th, 2013 at 8:28pm

What a dream job you have. So much fun! I love the idea for tagging global pins. Thanks for your-always flowing creativity + inspiration.
    Patti Borrelli @BeSoStyle´s last blog post ..bottle love. colored glass.

20. Gretchen commented
    January 14th, 2013 at 2:17am

It was such a nice surprise to turn the page in my West Elm catalog and see your lovely face! Congratulations on this opportunity.
    Gretchen´s last blog post ..Breakfast with Friends

21. Annette commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 5:16pm

very cool Holly! fun read, can’t wait to see the next installment. You’re on fire girl! XO
    Annette´s last blog post ..5 day countdown

22. Houston Carpenter commented
    January 21st, 2013 at 3:54am

Congratulations Holly and to your friends as well. Who doesn’t love West Elm? They did great in choosing you; very talented, creative and inspiring. Another reason to love them more!