Arts + Crafts

Gan, Man!

January 29, 2013

While at imm this year, I briefly had a chance to look around as I ran from my lecture to the book shop – but at least I spotted a few things on my sprint! I snapped a few photos on my iPhone for future blogging and one of those photos had a pouf from GAN. Here’s a glimpse of the good stuff… Runners, rugs, pillows, poufs and best of all, a totally crafty chic boho vibe.

Gan, Man!

Gan, Man!

Gan, Man!

Gan, Man!

Gan, Man!

Gan, Man!

Gan, Man!

Gan, Man!

I particularly am fond of the Mangas collection because it was designed by one of my favorite designers in the world, Patricia Urquiola, who I dream of meeting someday – she’s just amazing! I love how cozy her designs for GAN look, don’t you? So snuggly…

(images: GAN)

You Might Also Like

29 Comments

• Reply Katinka January 29, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Dear Holly,

thank you for showing this 1derful website! I love your blog!

Katinka

• Reply Reem January 29, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I’m so loving this….
    They are what they call chicly comfortable….

• Reply Sara@LuxeVida January 29, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Beautiful work, I love the colors of the flower rug on the frst photo, stunning!.

• Reply Sarah - Art of Decor Blog January 29, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Hey, I saw a few of these pictures just a few days ago, they are craftly gorgeous…glad you shared. :)

• Reply Chloe Moon January 29, 2013 at 4:24 pm

These designs all look so comfy to lay on or sit on! The cross stitch looking pillows are my favorite!! =)

• Reply Kristin Johnsen January 29, 2013 at 6:03 pm

LOVE the use of cross stitch for this very cool update of an old craft! Gives me all sorts of ideas….thanks so much for sharing this with us! Now I have all sorts of ideas running through my head……

• Reply Aneta January 29, 2013 at 9:36 pm

That looks so cozy and fun. Your just gave me a great idea for collective crafting evening for a bunch of girls that like to cross stitch . Thank you :)

• Reply Amy - Bead Bash January 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Wow – those rugs are amazzzing – I used to be a rug buyer and this has just re-ignited my passion for rugs! I love the cross stitch detail.

• Reply All things nice... January 29, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Oh they are really beautiful, giant cross stitch patterns mixed with neon colours so pretty- thanks for sharing…

All things nice…

• Reply Susanna - My Nordic House January 29, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Oh wow, very colourful! Really liked the cushions

• Reply Emily January 30, 2013 at 12:18 am

Oh wow…that last image! How snug and comfortable and inviting and….at the same time so stylish. Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing Holly x

• Reply Cecilia January 30, 2013 at 12:39 am

Loving the cross-stitch artwork, cushions and bases! Am a bit of a cross-stitcher, so am now very tempted to make my own giant artwork once I complete my current projects!

Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Tracy January 30, 2013 at 1:11 am

Love the colors, texture and randomness of the work. Fun and organic! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Alverdine January 30, 2013 at 2:04 am

I love the cross-stitch wall hanging in the first photo. Now the random patterns on the cushions have me toying with the possibility of making a big cross-stitch QR code. Might be something for the ‘reuse and recycle’ art installation I’ve been thinking about for ten years but never actually done. :)

• Reply Kris {Driven by Décor} January 30, 2013 at 4:21 am

Love the pillows and poufs! Such great colors and textures!

• Reply Joellyn January 30, 2013 at 5:13 am

Really not available in U.S.? Boo.

• Reply KMP Modern January 30, 2013 at 6:30 am

I love all these chunky knits! It reminds me of wearing your favorite sweater or if your grandmother knitted something cool and modern. I haven’t seen these around but I am hooked! Thanks for posting!

• Reply sue January 30, 2013 at 7:26 am

i love them. I checked out the website too, pretty fair prices for the quality I think.

• Reply Sarah @ Curio January 30, 2013 at 8:28 am

I love that the stich design on the rugs is made up of actual stitch & not just a flat design.

• Reply pouted January 30, 2013 at 8:54 am

it ‘s a wonderful and shiny colors for rugs, pillows which we use to fell more comfortable and welfare all the day.

• Reply Miss Sunrise January 30, 2013 at 11:11 am

Just saw that at Maison & Objet and I fell in love too !!!!

• Reply trendoffice January 30, 2013 at 1:52 pm

‘I particularly am fond of the Mangas collection because it was designed by one of my favorite designers in the world, Patricia Urquiola, who I dream of meeting someday – she’s just amazing!’ – me, too! :)

• Reply Petra January 30, 2013 at 2:02 pm

wow…cool!
    Wunderschöne Bilder sind auf Deinem Blog zu sehen…
    hier komme ich öfters her :0)
    Liebe Grüße Petra

• Reply abigail January 30, 2013 at 8:12 pm

beautiful! love the scale, the craft, they’re fun but grown up.

• Reply Trish January 30, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Um….sooooo…..yeah. I love love love the “Cross Stitch” style of all of this. It’s such a pretty look without being so syrupy sweet. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Savage Seeds January 31, 2013 at 8:31 am

Oh my! These are so fab! I want them all..

• Reply Dorothy February 1, 2013 at 11:46 am

this is my first time here and I am so loving the design they are so unique lovely and pretty!

• Reply Abigail February 1, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Ohmygosh, I am in LOVE with the over-sized cross-stitch! Such a fun, modern take on a traditional craft.

• Reply Jenny May 16, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Your site is really visually fun to look at. Thanks for sharing these!