Gubi Gorgeousness

While I’m on the subject of imm, I thought I’d highlight another brand I came across only not at the fair — they had some of their products there but it was only after reading Gudy’s lovely blog the other day that I discovered the gorgeous Gubi.

Gubi

Based in Copenhagen’s docklands, Gubi is a Danish design studio which occupies an expansive loft space that was once a tobacco factory. Founded in 1967, Gubi has become quite an impressive company with everything from lighting to seating and beyond.

Gubi

Regarding their inspiration they tell us their collections are about, “Chasing forgotten icons… Each piece is exquisite in its own right with a story to tell, capturing a fleeting moment in history which remains relevant to this day. Our uncanny ability to recognise diamonds in the rough along with original ideas and inspirations have also resulted in a unique collection of exciting new designs worth coveting.” You can really see this in each of their inspiring creations.

Gubi

I am particularly fond of their impressive collection of lighting and tables. I’m so attracted to copper in particular  – it’s been on my radar since I was at Merci (shop tour here by Jillian) in Paris this time last year and spotted copper combined with mint, orange, peach and black on one of their racks where they keep their beautiful clothing for women. Remember this post? That floor kicked off the whole obsession with this color palette for me.

Gubi

Are you having a nice day? Still gray here but I have good music on and a candle from Muji that smells like a burning fire with a cup of lavender earl grey tea on my desk so I’m making it work. :)

(images: gubi)

Posted by decor8 in design on January 30, 2013

1. Rebecca Portsmouth commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 1:08pm

Ah – we have the same taste in Muji candles :) I love the woodsmoke one – it makes having wintery days worthwhile, while you’re snugged up inside. Hope you’re well.
    Rebecca Portsmouth´s last blog post ..FFP: iPhone Kaleidomatic

2. gudy herder commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 1:18pm

Holly, thank you so much for linking! Aren’t they great?
    If interested, you can buy their product online here: http://www.connox.com/gubi.html
    Gudy xx
    gudy herder´s last blog post ..Material Trend Report in Interior Design

3. Rachel commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 2:08pm

the mint floor lamp is calling out to me!
    Rachel´s last blog post ..My Etsy Picks: I Heart Stuff!

4. Franny commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 4:11pm

Woah, lovely interior style <3
    Franny´s last blog post ..Viktor & Rolf | Flowerbomb bekommt männliche Verstärkung

5. Mervi (tasselflower) commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 5:07pm

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these with us. My fave is that last one, especially I like those gorgeous chairs.
    Mervi (tasselflower)´s last blog post ..Hot Font #12: Neucha

6. Maria @ Inspiration Affirmation commented
    January 31st, 2013 at 6:51am

These are such beautiful pieces. I love how the details seem so intentional — there’s something special and eye-catching about each piece. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Maria @ Inspiration Affirmation´s last blog post ..Lighten Up!

7. Esther Mengual Miret commented
    January 31st, 2013 at 11:55am

love photos!! good blog.
    Regards
    Esther Mengual Miret´s last blog post ..Maison & Objet

8. Ericafpc (Erica Cottrill) commented
    January 31st, 2013 at 8:33pm

Love the vintage look! The furnishings are exquisite..look like it took a lot of imagination. Thanks for sharing…

9. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    February 1st, 2013 at 6:47am

Oh that table – wow!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Not cool, Robert Frost!

10. Yiying He commented
    February 4th, 2013 at 4:38am

pretty pictures and I like this type of style.