Big News & Secrets of Successful Collaborations

Let’s talk about some big news I have and then, some tips on how to collaborate with others successfully. First, I’m working on book #3 with Chronicle Books and Jacqui Small Publishing! This time, I’m teaming up with my friend, stylist and photographer Leslie Shewring (and Color Me Pretty columnist), and together we’re hoping to create a book that will blow your creative mind! ha! That’s the goal anyway. We have a lot ahead of us, but we’re determined to get this book finished in October so it will have a Spring 2014 release.

BIG NEWS on my blog today!

Leslie and I have been discussing a book collaboration for a few years now but only recently found the time and energy to devote to making our dream a reality. After getting the book deal, we had the grueling contract stuff to deal with but now that we’re over the hump, we can work on the fun part – pulling together our ideas, scout and organize shoot locations, call in our props and other necessary bits.

Of course, no project comes without a ton of challenge. For one, we have physical distance to deal with – she lives on Vancouver island and I’m wayyyy over here in northern Germany and then, the time zone difference (9 hours apart!), so we will need to stay pretty organized to get through the loads of work ahead!

Now that I’ve shared my big news, let’s talk about collaborations  When it comes to partnering with others I thought I’d give you some helpful tips because lots of people ask me about how I go about working with others. Ready?

1. Trust your gut. If it feels like a MAYBE it is a no. If it feels like a NO, it is no. If it feels like a positive YES, proceed ahead.

2. If someone shows signs of being a poor communicator, beware! If you’ve hired them to work for you and they don’t reply to phone calls, emails or text messages, something is up – if you have opened up your business to someone else and trust them to take care of it, and they don’t, this can create some huge tension. You have to be selective about who you team up with, don’t take the red flags lightly.

3. If your potential partner wants to know all of your ideas before you have agreed to working together, beware. You should have a non-compete, non-disclosure contract between you before you reveal all of the details on any project or before you begin working together. I’m only working this way going forward and advise you to do the same.

4. Draw up a contract with the help of an attorney so that all parties know what is expected along with due dates. Then no one can say they didn’t know or were misinformed. If you have it in writing, and they’ve signed it, they were informed.

5. One major reason why I wanted to do a book with Leslie is because I love working with her. You really should feel good about the people that you work with. They should lift you higher because then your work will be elevated as well. You’ll work harder and put in all of your heart if you’re working in a supportive environment – at least that is how I’ve come to learn how women work best.

6. Leave your ego at the front door. You cannot work with others who allow ego to get in the way of producing the best work. No ego. The work needs to be separate from your emotion.

7. If you have hired someone or are managing a project and you’ve asked others to contribute, watch how well they follow your instruction. If you tell them what you need and they deliver something else, that’s a bad sign. If you have specific points that you’re hired them to deliver on and they go off and do their own thing and return with that instead, it can cause huge problems and tension. When you freelance for anyone, a magazine, a small business, etc. you have to listen to your “boss”, the person who is paying you for the work. Of course, you can give them creative ideas and solutions but ultimately they call the shots. This also has to do with ego. Sometimes people won’t listen because their ego gets in the way. Other times, they are very insecure about delivering what you’ve asked them to do because it falls outside of their comfort zone so they decide to deliver what is comfortable for them.

8. With Leslie I’ve noticed that we also really value and understand the importance of regular communication on the job. When we run into something challenging, we discuss it right away and respect even our differences in opinion because lots of times those differences push us out of stagnent thinking patterns into fresh new waters. Creating magic with someone can only happen if both are communicating honestly and openly.

9. Have a sense of humor. I also like that when I screw something up, Leslie laughs at me or if she does something that doesn’t quite work, we sorta of know at the same time and look at each other and burst into laughter. That’s the magic I’m talking about. It’s beautiful when you work with people who can step outside of their ego and look at their own work as a separate entity and be objective about it. We also know how to have fun on shoots – also important to me because I need FUN to feel creative. If the mood becomes too serious on a shoot, I can’t be creative, my brain just shuts down.

10. When issues arise, talk about them. These days most of us are talking through email and text messages. It’s best to talk via email or the phone if you can. Better yet, in person face-to-face. Everyone makes mistakes. Be willing to forgive, forget and move past them. Also allow for some problems to arise because it’s only human to have slip ups. On the other hand, if you keep reaching out to someone and they refuse to handle issues responsively, move on. There are far too many talented and creative people in the world to work with you – you don’t need to devote time and energy on those who don’t want to be happy and work with you in a positive and productive way.

I hope my collaboration tips have helped you! Do you have any of your own?

I can’t wait to tell you more in the coming months but I’m very happy and hope you are excited too. Another nice thing that happened to be recently is that my work and tips have been featured on Oprah.com - Here are two that already ran, with more on the way!

6 Decorating Mistakes—and How to Avoid Them
12 Ways to Enliven Your Home with Green

It’s so exciting to be part of Oprah.com sharing my decorating advice, a big honor!

Have a nice day! I’ll be back later on with a yummy cookie recipe that Jillian baked up for you for her March column. See you soon.

(image: leslie shewring)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on March 07, 2013

1. Miss Drawingdream commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 12:47pm

Oh I’m alreday excited in your book! :)
    Miss Drawingdream´s last blog post ..Icons

2. Laura Gaskill commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 12:53pm

WOW, this is such exciting news, Holly! Two of my favorite people collaborating together? Oh yes, I can’t wait to see what you two talented and creative ladies cook up! Way to go on the Oprah.com pieces, too! xoxo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Slow Decorating Plan: The Porch

3. Tina Ramchandani commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 1:05pm

I’m SO happy for the two of you! I had a feeling something like this was happening when I saw your instagram comments :) I know this is going to be a fabulous book because both you and Leslie have such an amazing eye! I have a couple ideas of the theme but I’ll keep them to myself! I’m already inviting myself to the NY book signing. CONGRATS!
    PS- love the calendar, can you make that a downloadable version?!?!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Sukha Amsterdam: The Joy of Life

4. Chloe Moon commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 1:25pm

YEAH!! I just loved your first two books! I was lucky enough to win them on a giveaway a lil while ago! Best wishes on the new collaboration!! =)
    Chloe Moon´s last blog post ..Living Together + Quirks…

5. michelle commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 2:15pm

You and Leslie working together on book can be nothing short of mind blowing, Congratulations!

This is all really helpful and valuable advice, thank you.
    michelle´s last blog post ..Testing, testing 1, 2….

6. Tracy A. commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 2:23pm

Congratulations on your upcoming book! As for your tips on collaboration – I’d say that they should be tips for heading into a potential marriage!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..“It’s more fun when you’re not the only one having it.” ~ Bernie DeKoven

7. Wendy Smith commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 2:26pm

Great tips re collaborations Holly – I’m starting to work with other people now on styled shoots and another great wedding-y project (top secret for now!) so this is really apt right now.

For me, the best tip is to remember your sense of humour…I come up with some real rubbish when we brainstorm but it often leads to a little gem as I haven’t been afraid to share & risk looking silly – which happens – a LOT :-)
    Wendy Smith´s last blog post ..Something Blue Bridal Showcase…

8. Mnêmosunê commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 2:33pm

Thanks for your tips, it will be useful. As Tina, I love your calendar, do you have a printable version ?
    And congrats for this exciting news !
    Mnêmosunê´s last blog post ..The lovely dozen – Paquet #5

9. handmade by amalia commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 2:54pm

Thanks for this interesting and helpful post, it is important to neutralize as much as possible the problems that can harm a collaboration, and often there are problems. And, of course, congratulations on the new book.

10. Jutta commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 3:26pm

Girl you rock! Now you are on Oprah.com, what next? The White House? :D

And the book sounds wonderful too. With you and Leslie, it must be awesome.
    Jutta´s last blog post ..Dear March

11. janika R commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 3:31pm

Wow…Great post and All the best for your project.

lovelybusybee.blogspot.com
    janika R´s last blog post ..Little Joys in Life

12. Silky Hart commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 3:43pm

Congrats, Holly and Leslie, on your new book. I have no doubts it will blow our creative minds. Appreciate the tips on collaboration, too!
    Silky Hart´s last blog post ..Vision Board Workshop

13. Laura commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 4:03pm

I’m so excited for the book! Love Leslie and you, Holly!
    Laura´s last blog post ..Three Things {Baking Edition}

14. Erika {Delphine} commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 4:17pm

Congratulations to both you and Leslie! That is fantastic news. And I have to say that your advice of trusting your gut is the NUMBER ONE BEST advice ever. XO – Erika
    Erika {Delphine}´s last blog post ..i carry your heart with me

15. Inge commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 4:22pm

Yaaaaay!!! That is such great news for you and Leslie! I love both of your blogs, both of your point of view on style & color, so I’m really anxious for this book to come out next year! I will definitely put that one on my want-to-buy-list… :-)
    Inge´s last blog post ..Blogging my way

16. Cathy commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 4:37pm

Oh my!!! I cannot wait for your book. I’m already trying to imagine the gorgeousness that you and Leslie will create!!!!!
    Cathy´s last blog post ..my first handmade notebook

17. Zoe commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 4:45pm

Congratulations on your book! I’m already excited! But I’m even more excited about you being featured on oprah.com!! Wow!!!
    xo Zoe
    Zoe´s last blog post ..Kinder, wie die Zeit vergeht!

18. tina commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 5:10pm

Congratulation on your book
    tina´s last blog post ..kutija srce

19. cinzia ruggieri commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 5:11pm

Great tips on collaborations,thank you! Many problems come when you don’t trust your sensations about someone,just the very first feelings…and the most difficult come when you are not clear and don’t write!That’s really true.
    And now,I wait for the book.Congratulations.

20. kalanicut commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 5:18pm

This is a collaborative book to look forward to. Great that you get to work together on something so lovely.
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..Merging Households: What To Say Goodbye To

21. Trish commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 5:28pm

Oh I am so excited for both of you! Both you & Leslie are so talented, and it’s obvious you two enjoy working with eachother; how fun for you both! :) I love your pointers….and if you don’t mind, may show them to my sister/partner & our employees too! Frankly you’ve put into words what happens at our shop on a daily basis….especially the “having fun together” part!

Congrats on the Oprah.com features too!
    Trish´s last blog post ..Outtakes From Everything Goes With Ice Cream Book Feature

22. olive green anna commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 5:42pm

Thank you this has come at a perfect time.

I have just asked a few other bloggers if they would join me in writing an e-course.

Thanks lovely!

Anna
    olive green anna´s last blog post ..It actually looks good.

23. cyndi commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 5:48pm

Leslie was a teacher in the first class I took with you, she is so talented! Your collaboration will be dynamic – I can’t wait for your new book.
    cyndi´s last blog post ..Are Free Standing Bathtubs A Yay or Nay For You?

24. Desiree commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 6:18pm

Congratulations once more!! And thank you for the good points you made in this post! Especially number 3 I will keep in mind for future projects!

Hugs X
    Desiree´s last blog post ..Harvest & Company | New in Amsterdam

25. Brooke commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 6:29pm

Congrats ladies!! Can’t wait to see what you two come up with together.
    Brooke´s last blog post ..Best Dressed: Oscar’s 2013

26. Jennie commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 6:41pm

No way I’m passing up this book. Very exciting news! Congrats!
    Jennie´s last blog post ..mini collection

27. Sammy commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 6:41pm

I’m already so excited!!
    I also wish my calendars looked that pretty… mine are just a big mess of words and scribbles that I even I can’t understand

28. Marianne commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 7:08pm

Great news! I am looking forward to your and Leslie’s new book.
    Marianne´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday: Beautiful Colors On A Tree Trunk

29. Monsterscircus commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 7:10pm

WOW congratulation, it can only be jawdropping and delicious, already looking forward and thank you for sharing your guidelinies on how to succed with co work, have a wonderful day!
    Monsterscircus´s last blog post ..DIY concrete paperweights

30. ishtar commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 7:26pm

these are such GREAT news!!! i´m SO looking forward to that book!!!!
    you´ve both been very inspiring to me, so having you collaborate in a book together is a dream come true not only for me, but I´m sure for all your readers!!!!!
    way to go Holly and Leslie!!
    ishtar´s last blog post ..Weekend Wishes ♥ Deseos fin de semana

31. ishtar commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 7:26pm

woot woot woot!!!
    ishtar´s last blog post ..Weekend Wishes ♥ Deseos fin de semana

32. Lisa | Happy By commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 7:37pm

I look forward to every single time you give tips on your blog Holly, because I find them very true and direct, of course based on your big experience, making me eager to absorb them right away. I hope you will do it again from time to time. Also, I am very happy and excited for your next book :)
    Lisa | Happy By´s last blog post ..10 gift ideas for Mother’s Day

33. KAREN commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 8:23pm

WOW, I will be waiting for this one!.

34. Lily commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 9:00pm

This is great advice! I just opened a home decor store with 4 partners (yes, four!) 6 months ago and it’s been going amazing, thanks to good communication, lots of laughter and more communication. Talking things through before, during and after each decision is crucial. And congrats on the new book! Can’t wait to see what you and Leslie put together…love all of your past collaborations :)
    Lily´s last blog post ..Going Dutch: A Fresh Family Farm

35. Lauren commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 9:18pm

How exciting! Way to go!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..zucchini noodles

36. Kathi commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 9:25pm

this is going to be wonderful, I have loved seeing everything from both of you and know that this book will be another must have!!! hooray :D
    Kathi´s last blog post ..Five Antique White Dessert Plates by allthingswhite

37. Emily commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 9:28pm

I actually gasped with delight when I read that you and Leslie will be writing a book together. I simply cannot wait. Hooray!

And I love your list of secrets for successful collaborations. So wise and true.

Emily´s last blog post ..Book of the week: Lost My Name

38. Heather B commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 9:34pm

WOW!!! Talk about a dream collaboration! This is bound to be one of the most beautiful, creatives books ever! I can’t wait to own it!!! Congratulations to both of you!!!
    Heather B´s last blog post ..DIY Wednesday – Mini Heart Painting

39. Tracy commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 9:35pm

WOW! Oprah! (LOVED the 6 Decorating Mistakes column! Great tips!) and Chronicle Books! Your success is not only well-deserved but gives me hope! Thanks for the inspiration and congratulations!!
    Tracy´s last blog post ..PERSONALIZED Navajo Blanket Southwestern Horse Print in Turquoise by MakingHappy

40. anastasia commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 10:28pm

awesome – its going to be amazing Im sure!!!…cant wait to hear more!

41. Amy Ehmann commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:06pm

I’m drooling already! I can’t wait that long. Please let us know when we can Pre-order!

42. Stacey @ Likes to Smile commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:48pm

Oh my goodness!! This is phenomenal news! I’m so happy for you! And I will be one of your very first pre-orders when you announce the book! Well-deserved and I can’t wait to learn even more from you (and Leslie)! And congratulations on Oprah, as well!

43. Mònica commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 11:57pm

I’ve been following your blog for years but it’s the first time I write a message. My English isn’t good enough! Nowadays I’m working on the project of my life and I couldn’t avoid saying that I think that your advice is really useful and real. The same for the workshop’s house advice! Thank you so much for sharing them!

44. Emma commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 12:00am

Wow! This is so exciting Holly and Leslie, I knew something was up! Can not WAIT to see what you’ve both got in store, no doubt it will be fabulously fabulous.
    On a side note – I was totally bummed to not be doing Blog Boss this time around, I thought we would have started our new jobs and moved and I would’ve launched into my new blog by now but we’ve been delayed so I had to give it a miss :( Do you know when you would be running another one?
    Good luck!

45. Kat commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 12:08am

Oh that’s such wonderful news, another book from you will be amazing but to have Leslie on board too wow, it will shine even brighter :)
    Love kat x

46. Margie commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 1:27am

I can hardly contain my excitement…seriously! And Holly, I am not collaborating anytime soon, but I know good advice when I read it. Wishing you both many happy, creative moments as you create the ultimate book for your collective fans. Xoxo
    Margie´s last blog post ..BEACHY KEEN

47. Rekha commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 1:48am

Congrats on the new book! Can’t wait to see it! Thanks for the advice on collaborations. As I’m looking into some collaborative opportunities this is very helpful. I agree, timely and proper communication is key – that is my first sign of someone’s dedication and quality of work. And of course I always follow my gut – never steers me wrong!
    Rekha´s last blog post ..Easy bathroom décor makeover

48. maureen commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 3:59am

Great advice. Thanks!
    maureen´s last blog post ..Do as I say, not as I do

49. Melissa commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 5:23am

woohoo! the dream team. can’t wait.
    i can just picture all the colour and pattern we’re going to see :)
    Melissa´s last blog post ..Colour Story: La Bohème

50. Katja commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 6:01am

This is such a great news – can`t wait for your new book. Also I wanna congratulate you on your collaboration with Oprah.com as I admire you both.

51. Wrenaissance Art commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 6:19am

Congrats and good luck on the new book for you both! :-)
    Wrenaissance Art´s last blog post ..Groovy Botanical Art Link: Rosie Sanders

52. The Equation book commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 6:40am

Congratulations on your book! I’m really excited on your upcoming book.

53. Momographica commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 8:50am

Gorgeous news,I am looking forward your next book! It is so exciting to know that you and Leslie are going to work on a project together!
    And special thanks for sharing such terrific tips. I did have previous team work and I wish I could have such tips at hand back then. Especially point number 2. It still happens in my little,humble working environment and it is kinda frustrating!
    Momographica´s last blog post ..Game of Thrones Saturday’s Cosplay

54. Heather commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 10:34am

I just had to say thank you for being so open and honest about a potentially tricky subject to cover. I found your blog refreshing and mega helpful.

P.S. well done and good luck on the book.

Heather
    x

55. Stacey commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 2:17pm

Yay!! Love your other two books, so I know this one will also be extraordinary! Great tips too.

56. patricia commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 2:59pm

Oh I just know it’s going to be a gorgeous book. Congratulations to you both! Can’t wait to see it.
    patricia´s last blog post ..day off

57. samantha hahn commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 3:30pm

cool. can’t wait to hear more about the book!

I personally love collaborating and thrive on it. Despite a hectic schedule of work for clients I find it exhilarating to develop ideas with friends and see them through to a finished product, whether it be a book, a series on a blog, or even for simply the fun of making something with someone who inspires.
    samantha hahn´s last blog post ..Journal for shoe fanatics!

58. Elizabeth McKnight commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 3:37pm

first of all, congratulations!!!
    second of all, you are spot on for those rules….very important!

59. Ocean commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 3:58pm

Wow! You’ll be featured on Oprah, that is totally great! Congrats to the both of you, you and Leslie deserves it. I can’t wait to get hold of your new book!

60. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:30pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome & you and Leslie are THE perfect team. I can’t wait! Woo hoo!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Closer to home

61. Joanne Palmisano commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 5:13pm

A Big Congrats to you and Leslie for your next book — that is a lot of work and it will be another huge success because you both are hard-working passionate people and it shows through your pages.

As for partnering up — that advice is RIGHT ON! I just finished my second book with my amazing friend and photographer, Susan Teare — and all of that advice is so true — I know that because I’ve made all those mistakes in the past — but not this time — Susan was a joy to work with again — and we are the dearest of friends.

Thank you for helping others understand the importance of a good partnership –especially with friends.

My best, Joanne

62. Tracy Stonard commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 6:26pm

Very exciting, I can’t wait. Thanks for the tips too, very useful!

Kind Regards, Tracy
    Tracy Stonard´s last blog post ..A visit to Bakewell Part 1

63. Maria G. commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 7:09pm

I agree that you really need to know and choose who you team up with. I have experienced collaborating with the wrong partner when I was in college and all she did was getting me to reveal all of my ideas and when we had a small misunderstanding, poof! My idea was hers already. It can be really annoying to collaborate with the wrong person.

64. JerryJ commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 9:43pm

Congratulations on your book!!

65. Bobbi commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 9:58pm

How exciting! I can’t wait to hear more about the new book. I know between the two of you it will be a jewel!
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Yippee!

66. junifaden commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 10:24pm

that’s amazing! congratulations holly, you rock :) greets julia
    junifaden´s last blog post ..Frage-Foto-Freitag #37

67. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 12:06am

what wonderful news holly!
    congratulations!!
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..The French Rivera

68. Ella commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 2:07pm

Great advice-thank you!
    I know you two will be amazing together :D

It is a dance-I look forward to your Foxtrot!
    Ella´s last blog post ..Best Wishes

69. Jane commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 2:15pm

Oh Holly. This is the dream book I’ve been hoping you’d write. What a glorious team! Cannot wait to get my mitts on it! J x

70. Charisma Goudreau commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 4:47pm

Thank you for sharing this sage advice on successful collaborations!

71. Dana H. commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 5:10pm

Looks like I will need a bookshelf devoted entirely to your books.
    I’m enjoying your Blog Boss course so much. I understand why they fill up so quickly! Congrats on your newest collaboration!

72. Michele S commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 6:28pm

I figured something was up, since Leslie’s blog has been pretty quiet these days. I thought she must be working on something else. How delightful to learn that the two of you will be collaborating on book! Count me in with all the others who say they can’t wait until the book comes out. I’m not even going to put it on a “wish list” for Christmas or my birthday–I’m just going to buy it for myself as soon as it is available!

73. Tazim @ BeingTazim.com commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 7:20pm

Another book from you is such exciting news! Also, congratulations on the Oprah.com articles – they’re both really inspiring. It sounds like you will have the perfect mix of people working on this with you!
    Tazim @ BeingTazim.com´s last blog post ..Time to Boss this Blog Around! Being a Blog Boss

74. Elena commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 8:42pm

Thank you for your tips. You don’t just speak about decoration but you speak about life, and well.

75. kristin johnsen commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 9:33pm

I’m VERY excited about your collaboration – I love you BOTH!!! I’m not sure I can wait! Best of luck to you – I’ll be following along!
    kristin johnsen´s last blog post ..Black and white and red all over….

76. Sandra commented
    March 10th, 2013 at 12:42am

Great news – congrats! Can´t wait to read more about your third book.

77. Mikey F. commented
    March 10th, 2013 at 1:35am

Such exciting and amazing NEWS!
    Loving it. Good luck on the prepping and getting ready!

xxx
    Mikey F.´s last blog post ..getting better

78. stylizacje commented
    March 11th, 2013 at 1:02am

great book, welle done!

79. Elisabeth Irwin commented
    March 11th, 2013 at 1:26am

Congratulations, Holly! What wonderful news. Thank you so much for the practical advice on collaborating. It felt like an extension of Blogbloss–I hope that I’ll have good reason to use it one of these days. Best!

80. decor8 commented
    March 11th, 2013 at 11:10am

@Tazim – There are more to come, so keep your eyes on Oprah.com :)

81. Stan Faryna commented
    March 11th, 2013 at 12:22pm

Great tips!

Collaboration is the secret to success. Learning how to collaborate is one of the most important things you can do to make dreams happen and change the world.

82. Ursula commented
    March 11th, 2013 at 1:54pm

That’s awesome! Congrats. I love these tips. So true – listen to your gut and get it in writing! YESSSSSSS!

83. Anu commented
    March 11th, 2013 at 7:49pm

Wow, what a great news! Both of your books have been such inspirational and now I’m definitely waiting for the next spring to see the third one :)
    Anu´s last blog post ..Five Favorites For Friday

84. Elliot from endemicworld art prints commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 1:07am

WOOHOO! High Five!
    Congratulations Holly, we love your books here. Hope you share a few sneak peeks with us on the blog as you go!

85. Alana (Fancy! NZ Design Blog) commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 1:24am

You are such a massive role model, not just to fellow bloggers but to anyone who dreams of making a living from their passion. You’re pretty freakin’ awesome, Holly.

86. living style commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 3:17am

good suggestions! I will keep following this blog.

87. Harrow commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 11:57am

Thanks for the tips – fantastic!

88. Lisbeth commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 12:09pm

Interesting and very useful advice. Thanks,
    Lisbeth´s last blog post ..Spot The Hidden Potential

89. Dee commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 2:20pm

Great tips for working with a partner. I really looking forward to getting a copy of your new book. Hopefully you show us some sneak peaks so we don’t have to wait until 2014!

90. trina commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 2:21pm

congrats holly! i’m so happy for you! i love watching exciting things happen for nice people that have worked really hard to get where they are!!!!! cannot wait for the next book!

….and thanks for the tips!

xo . trina
    trina´s last blog post ..Monday Mess * Erin Loechner

91. Dee commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 2:21pm

Great post. Looking forward to the book launch in spring 2014!!! Congrats
    Dee´s last blog post ..Birds of paradise

92. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    March 12th, 2013 at 8:21pm

Thanks a lot for sharing, I am about to start a collaboration with a friend and a ceramist to launch a few new products, and I am a bit concern about letting go and working with friend as well as with someone totally new, but very excited about the prospect of having new things happening and the challenge of working with others. Looking forward to your projects.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..A VERY BRITISH AFFAIR

93. Seasprout Studios commented
    March 13th, 2013 at 4:04am

Wow! This is wonderful! I’m so happy for you :) Congratulations and I can’t wait to see what else you do…

xx

94. interiorsdesign.blog.com commented
    March 13th, 2013 at 10:59am

I realy like it!
    interiorsdesign.blog.com´s last blog post ..With a dash of color

95. Nat Coalson commented
    March 21st, 2013 at 5:14pm

Congrats and wishing you lots of success! I love the way you write, so I’ve no doubt that the book will be fabulous.