Follow decor8 on Bloglovin + Feedly

March 18, 2013

With the news that Google Reader will be killed off, I’ve reactivated my Bloglovin account so if you’d like to follow my blog with Bloglovin please do! I’ve also set up an account with Feedly – have you tried it yet? I really like the clean, well-designed minimalistic interface – I can breath there and actually enjoy reading my favorite blogs again! Here is a screenshot of Feedly below…

Follow decor8 on Bloglovin + Feedly

Much nicer to look at than the eye sore that is Google+!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Libby March 18, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Has anyone out there seen or heard of Feedler???? I’ve been using it on my iPad for a few months now and love it! Similar, in a way, to Feedly. I’m actually trying them both to decide: different and yet the same. Anyone else have a comment on Feedler?

• Reply frauheuberg March 18, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I´m in, too…thanks Holly…i like it very much…clean and simple…great to navigate…perfect for reading through…you are my hero…today…Feedly…great…thanks my dear…for so much…a big hug…cheers…i…

• Reply Nicole March 18, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Been following you on Feedly since the news was announced last week. Noticed that quite a few of your posts aren’t coming thru clearly meaning that only one image and some, if any copy at all is displayed until I click thru to the site. Just thought you might like to know. Love Feedly and your blog, of course. =)

• Reply Patty Radish March 18, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I moved all my feeds from Google reader to Bloglovin as soon as they announced it! Bloglovin is much nicer on the eyes!

• Reply Elizabeth March 18, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I just signed up with Feedly too, I really like the clean look of it.

• Reply Lauren March 18, 2013 at 10:54 pm

I’m excited to hear about Feedly! I was so sad to hear about Google Reader last week because, although it isn’t pretty, it sure is handy!

• Reply ivana March 18, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Today I wrote about the same and I think feedly is my best option!
    a big hug!

• Reply eva March 18, 2013 at 11:13 pm

i love feedly, the magazinestyle is great! it’s my favorite! – eva

• Reply Penny Patten-Bryant March 18, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Nice Layout.

• Reply Chloe Moon March 18, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I already happily follow you on Bloglovin and will look for you on Feedly!

• Reply Emma March 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I had also been doing a bit of a frantic search for Google Reader alternatives since I heard the news yesterday, and had also settled on bloglovin’ and feedly as the best alternatives. I had checked out feedly at some stage in the past and not been especially impressed, but maybe they’ve made some changes, as I really quite like it now. I love the appearance of bloglovin’, but the lack of folders is a deal breaker for me in terms of using it to keep track ofthings!!

• Reply Margarida March 18, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Somehow it looks like google reader has been incorporated by bloglovin.
    Today, when I opened BL I got a message on the top of the page saying something about duplicating blogs and problems with servers.

My sister uses Feedly and she loves it!

• Reply Angelica March 19, 2013 at 12:02 am

I’m definitely going to be moving all my Google apps to an alternative/competitor as I’m so sick of them not considering their loyal customers when they just rip things out eg. GFC and now Google Reader. I’m now going the independent, maybe they think of their customers more :(

Just curious, is this the default comment app for WP? Your on WP right?

• Reply Marilyn March 19, 2013 at 1:06 am

Judging from the screenshot, Feedly looks similar to HelloCotton (which is also pretty neat) but I’m super happy with Bloglovin’.

• Reply martha brown March 19, 2013 at 1:17 am

I decided to go with feedly on my PC — and I’m quite liking it for the 350+ blogs that I follow — I use “Reeder” on my ipad, and I love it — but it annoyed me that I had to pay separately for the app on the iphone and on my macbook — so I just chose my ipad for that one.
    I haven’t had any problems seeing your blog feed on feedly!

• Reply Kate March 19, 2013 at 2:31 am

Thanks for recommending Feedly! I was sort of shocked at the Reader news but now I’ve got a new home :)

• Reply Kate March 19, 2013 at 2:31 am

• Reply Sabine March 19, 2013 at 9:45 am

Hi Holly,
    I used Bloglovin’ some while ago, but changed to Feedly because I could manage the posts with categories more effectively. You can save posts for later with help of your own tags, which is great for organization. And I love the clean look – I have a white background, so the colorful photos of the posts stand out and I can focus on the text without distraction.
    Greetings from Bremen,

• Reply Jutta von Kreativfieber March 19, 2013 at 10:52 am

Thanks Holly, I didn’t know Feedly but I love the look! I am going to give it a try!

• Reply Zoe | Eat Breathe Live Color March 19, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I’m a huge bloglovin fan! I read all my favorite blogs on their iPhone App. I only wish you could pin images straight from the app – that would be heavenly!

• Reply trina March 19, 2013 at 2:27 pm

isn’t feedly great? i love the look of it…i also love getting a handful of blogs e-mailed to me via bloglovin. i was terrible about keeping up in my google reader so from that aspect, i don’t care but i hate to loose subscribers. but i suppose it all works out!

xo . trina

• Reply Sentrell March 19, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I’ve been using Feedly as well. I love the interface! It’s so clean. I’m really waiting for Flipboard to make a desktop application. It’s my favorite reader on my iphone and ipad.

• Reply Michelle March 19, 2013 at 4:48 pm

LOL, absolutely agree with your comment about Google Plus – it’s hideous. I was just over there for the first time today in more than a month and saw their new heading design — it’s MASSIVE and takes up half the page.

I decided there and then to just ditch my Google Plus pages for all my websites and move on elsewhere. I’m guessing they’ll shut it down within a year or two. Hardly anyone is interested in it and the design has a lot to do with it.

• Reply Andrea Guariglia March 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Hello Holly, I would like to first thank you for your generosity in sharing with us all their love, their creativity and their talent throughout the Interior Design. thank you took the courage that I needed to give beginning of another stage of my life. I’m a journalist and radio presenter but a few years was losing the love for my work. everything changed when I met your blog and I was overcome by a wave of incredible inspiration and desire stronger beat in my heart then I took courage and I enrolled in a course for graduation in Interior Design and since then come to every class with me marveling again world around me. his passion for what he does and his joy in bringing joy and beauty to the next arrived in Brazilian land and here I am in love with my new profession. only thank you for everything dear and say how much I admire you! Thank you for helping me, from the heart. with love Andrea Guariglia

• Reply Greta Sutherland March 19, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I tried Feedly and loved the look of it but didn’t see where I could add feeds, etc on the mobile app. It seemed to just sync with Google Reader whereas Bloglovin’ actually transported my Google Reader. Bloglovin’ isn’t as pretty as Feedly but after Google Reader – it’s all beautiful!

I too am aggravated with Google Reader leaving us.

Any input from Feedly users about mobile capabilities I’m missing?

• Reply Janet B March 19, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Ohhh, Thanks! One more thing to check out in the constantly changing world of blogs.

• Reply eskimo*rose March 20, 2013 at 12:55 am

I’m a bloglovin’ girl, used it for ages and love its simplicity … I checkout out feedly. and my blog comes up really weird, not in chronological order at all and with some strange pics that aren’t my own?!?!?

• Reply Mary G March 20, 2013 at 3:56 am

Slightly upset about the demise of google reader but I loved how easy the transition was to feedly! Heard the news today and immediately switched over. Will now have to go check out bloglovin. I agree with Sentrell about Flipboard – What a wonderful app! If you haven’t seen it check it out… a desktop app would be fantastic!

• Reply Jane March 20, 2013 at 4:06 am

i followed the tips on the feedly website, and now i can power through my feeds just as before.

• Reply Ricki March 20, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I am so excited about feedly! This is much nicer to view than google reader, which is going away. I agree with the “I can breathe” because it’s so clean + easy to view/read.

• Reply eefkepeefke March 20, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I’ve been using Feedly for about a week now, and I like the clean, fresh feel of it.

• Reply Chineka Williams March 22, 2013 at 12:15 am

I love using bloglovin to read all of my favorite blogs, but I am going to check out feedly as well. I have been hearing about the simple and clean interface.

• Reply Courtney March 22, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I have been so bummed that Google is getting rid of reader. It is good to get some suggestions of where to go. On my way to check them out!

• Reply Judy D. March 24, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I also recently switched to feedly. I have noticed that some of the blogs I follow did not transfer (last 10-12 in the alphabet). Has anyone had this problem? Perhaps, there is a limit to the number of blogs that feedly can display? I haven’t yet found where those blogs might be listed. Anyone else notice this?

I do like the clean look of the site and it is easy to access. Staying put for now…

• Reply Ursula Rosien June 18, 2013 at 10:01 am

Hi! I follow you on Bloglovin! I love their clean design. Are you on “Sulia”too?
    If not, Sulia is a new social network, where you “pin” news on specific channels you are interested in. For example I only subscribe to the scrapbooking and DIY channel, and focus on what interests me ;)