Color Inspiration

Southern Weddings + Lover.ly

March 20, 2013

While it is still cold and gray, I’m thinking ahead of warm days, picnics, outdoor parties and day trippin’ in our new car. These two photos from Southern Weddings just about sums up what I’m ready for – color, fun and warm weather! Whenever I need inspiration for Spring and Summer, which is right about now, I peek at wedding blogs and websites. They put me in such a great mood. Feminine, fresh, bright, romantic, great ideas…

Southern Weddings + Lover.ly

Southern Weddings + Lover.ly

Southern Weddings is a GREAT source of inspiration to me. Plus, I’m a southern girl from South Carolina originally so naturally, there’s a heart connection too. I grew up a town over from Pawleys Island and went to many weddings at Litchfield Plantation over the years, so I love southern weddings.

Another great site to check out is called Lover.ly. Have you heard of it? It’s like a Pinterest for wedding enthusiasts, brides, wedding party members, etc. I go there for inspiration frequently now too. I’ve learned that you really need to branch out from Pinterest because if everyone is always being inspired by the same things then it can really have a negative impact on imagination. Try to branch out a little when you feel overwhelmed or are in a Pinterest coma, okay? A site like Lover.ly is a great escape.

(images: southern weddings)

You Might Also Like

25 Comments

• Reply Leanne March 20, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I love the images in this post. They’re really what I needed to see today! I now have a little ‘get up and go’ in me. These grey rainy days here in the UK really start to get you down after a few months, and its hard to be creative when you feel like this, and this is helping me! So thank you Holly! Keep on inspiring me! :D

P.s That website it Loverly!! hehe! no pun intended ;)

• Reply Rosa Paula March 20, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I’ve never heard of Lover.ly but I’m loving it now! Thank you Holly! I always search wedding sites and blogs for fresh and sweet inspiration too.

• Reply Miss Drawingdream March 20, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Love the colours! So fresh :)

• Reply Michelle March 20, 2013 at 3:13 pm

These photos are beautiful and refreshing! London is grey, cold and miserable today so it’s lovely to see some bright spring colours! Michelle x

• Reply Chloe Moon March 20, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I’m really hoping my boyfriend of 3 years proposes to me one day so I will keep this website on my favorites just in case! =) I love looking at wedding inspiration…it’s always so beautiful!!

• Reply R.O.R. March 20, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Wow, fantastic color palette! Looks like happiness. :) We’re starting to get spring here in the Southern US, can’t wait for things to start blooming! Thanks for the cheer, Holly!

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} March 20, 2013 at 4:50 pm

thank you, as always, for sharing your new finds holly!

• Reply Cathleya March 20, 2013 at 4:51 pm

What a lovely surprise to open up my reader to one of my fave blogs to see Loverly featured! Thank you Holly! xoxo

• Reply Juliane at Modern Mural March 20, 2013 at 7:43 pm

GORGEOUS colors. I love the lime/salmon combo.

• Reply Making Happy March 20, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Wow! Loverly really is lovely! What a decadent visual feast! You’ve also made me think what a really beautiful shade of coral ruby red grapefruit is with these photos. We should actually call the hue “ruby red” instead of coral! Thanks for the bright spot, as always!

• Reply KMP Modern March 20, 2013 at 9:03 pm

As a Miami girl, I understand what you mean about Southern weddings. I miss the colors, the relaxed vibe and the hazy breezes. Thanks for all these new websites. Will definitely check them out! I love your pics too, especially the melon popsicles! Yum!

• Reply Doreen@househoneys March 21, 2013 at 1:25 am

Hi Holly! I have heard of lover.ly and in fact visited their site in the past, but I can’t seem to figure out how it works. There doesn’t seem to be a help section either. When I clicked on a bundle or heart, nothing happens. Where does it go? It’s not my browser because I tried on my iPad and desktop.

My daughter is recently engaged, so I would love to figure this out. I messaged them on FB so maybe they’ll respond, but just in case I’m hoping you wouldn’t mind helping.

• Reply nic [luzia pimpinella] March 21, 2013 at 8:57 am

good morning, holly!

i wish you a happy birthday… have a great day today!

HUGS!
    nic

• Reply Ivy March 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I have been getting the Lover.ly emails for awhile. I do like their posts although sometimes I get confused on their site. It might be I didn’t take the time to keep looking once I found something and wanted to buy it. I find that same frustration on Pinterest if the pinner doesn’t link up correctly.
    I will say, and maybe you have written about this already, I have resorted to using Pinterest instead of Google for my creative searches.
    The other day, my friend needed help finding a bridal shower invitation. She showed me her nieces pin board of inspiration and instead of googling the invites, I used Pinterest’s search engine and found the exact one she needed in less than a minute. It was awesome. Way cleaner and more efficient than searching with Google.
    I didn’t try Lover.ly…. not quite sure of it yet but next time I may try them first.
    Nice post.
    Cheers and Love Lady
    Ivy

• Reply val March 21, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for sharing, even my blog is not wedding my etsy business. So one more thing for my blog or shop shared by you

Val
    happy student from BYW

• Reply Gretchen March 22, 2013 at 1:03 am

Love that you referenced the South, and Summer, two of my favorite things. Beautiful post :) XO

• Reply amy of ara133photography March 22, 2013 at 1:12 am

Ahhh yes, sunshine and warmth! :) I really love the pom pom flower garland! So colorful and springy. I’ll check out Lover.ly, haven’t heard of it, thanks! I’m thinking it might be interesting to take some of the ideas for wedding decor and bring them into the home for some pretty interior decorating ideas and place settings for every day use. Minus the names and dates, ha ha :) Thanks!!

• Reply manish m March 22, 2013 at 4:49 am

Love the colors! They have a fresh, warm summer feel to them

• Reply Ruth March 22, 2013 at 4:49 am

Hi Holly!

Definitely agree with you that we need to branch out more from Pinterest. I find it overwhelming now, with everyone posting the same things over and over again, and just so many people using it now.

It’s the whole movement of who are the first movers, and who are the followers. Lover.ly sounds wonderful. I’m trying it out right now!

Thanks for your wonderful posts!

• Reply Iris March 22, 2013 at 8:41 am

A belated happy birthday to you Holly! Hiephiephoera! Hope you had a festive day.
    x Iris

• Reply NSPJ Architects March 22, 2013 at 3:11 pm

It’s kind of depressing seeing all of these great summer/spring time pictures when we are getting snow again in late March. Better weather please hurry up!

• Reply Jutta von Kreativfieber March 22, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Lover.ly = lovely! Thanks for the tip, Holly, I really like lover.ly!

• Reply Juan Carlo @ Wedding Catering Services in Manila August 4, 2014 at 8:31 am

I really missed summer! I loved the two photos. Keep inspiring us Holly. :)

• Reply Juan Carlo @ Wedding Catering Services in Manila November 5, 2014 at 11:25 am

Wow! I really love the selection of colors. I’m in love with the pastel color. Lovely post!

• Reply Jonbird Photography December 12, 2014 at 7:46 am

Hey all, I’m Jon! I have a very strong passion for cinema and photography. My art is a reflection of how I witness the moments on your wedding day. I concentrate on shooting the special moments and pride my self on the ability to choose and edit the very best of them. Your wedding day is THE most special day of your life, so much time and attention is invested into it which means your photographer or videographer must capture every detail you desire.

Wedding Photographer Lancashire