Southern Weddings + Lover.ly

While it is still cold and gray, I’m thinking ahead of warm days, picnics, outdoor parties and day trippin’ in our new car. These two photos from Southern Weddings just about sums up what I’m ready for – color, fun and warm weather! Whenever I need inspiration for Spring and Summer, which is right about now, I peek at wedding blogs and websites. They put me in such a great mood. Feminine, fresh, bright, romantic, great ideas…

Southern Weddings

Southern Weddings

Southern Weddings is a GREAT source of inspiration to me. Plus, I’m a southern girl from South Carolina originally so naturally, there’s a heart connection too. I grew up a town over from Pawleys Island and went to many weddings at Litchfield Plantation over the years, so I love southern weddings.

Another great site to check out is called Lover.ly. Have you heard of it? It’s like a Pinterest for wedding enthusiasts, brides, wedding party members, etc. I go there for inspiration frequently now too. I’ve learned that you really need to branch out from Pinterest because if everyone is always being inspired by the same things then it can really have a negative impact on imagination. Try to branch out a little when you feel overwhelmed or are in a Pinterest coma, okay? A site like Lover.ly is a great escape.

(images: southern weddings)

Posted by decor8 in Color Inspiration on March 20, 2013

1. Leanne commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 1:42pm

I love the images in this post. They’re really what I needed to see today! I now have a little ‘get up and go’ in me. These grey rainy days here in the UK really start to get you down after a few months, and its hard to be creative when you feel like this, and this is helping me! So thank you Holly! Keep on inspiring me! :D

P.s That website it Loverly!! hehe! no pun intended ;)
    Leanne´s last blog post ..Painting Florals

2. Rosa Paula commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 2:38pm

I’ve never heard of Lover.ly but I’m loving it now! Thank you Holly! I always search wedding sites and blogs for fresh and sweet inspiration too.
    Rosa Paula´s last blog post ..Paris para presente * Wrapping Paris

3. Miss Drawingdream commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 3:11pm

Love the colours! So fresh :)
    Miss Drawingdream´s last blog post ..4 Jahreszeiten – Four Seasons I

4. Michelle commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 3:13pm

These photos are beautiful and refreshing! London is grey, cold and miserable today so it’s lovely to see some bright spring colours! Michelle x
    Michelle´s last blog post ..Featured: House Beautiful’s Sites We Love

5. Chloe Moon commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 3:15pm

I’m really hoping my boyfriend of 3 years proposes to me one day so I will keep this website on my favorites just in case! =) I love looking at wedding inspiration…it’s always so beautiful!!
    Chloe Moon´s last blog post ..Crunch Time – A Cinderella Themed Bridal Shower…

6. R.O.R. commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 4:43pm

Wow, fantastic color palette! Looks like happiness. :) We’re starting to get spring here in the Southern US, can’t wait for things to start blooming! Thanks for the cheer, Holly!
    R.O.R.´s last blog post ..“Are You Over-Committed Again?”

7. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 4:50pm

thank you, as always, for sharing your new finds holly!

8. Cathleya commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 4:51pm

What a lovely surprise to open up my reader to one of my fave blogs to see Loverly featured! Thank you Holly! xoxo

9. Juliane at Modern Mural commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 7:43pm

GORGEOUS colors. I love the lime/salmon combo.

10. Making Happy commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 8:48pm

Wow! Loverly really is lovely! What a decadent visual feast! You’ve also made me think what a really beautiful shade of coral ruby red grapefruit is with these photos. We should actually call the hue “ruby red” instead of coral! Thanks for the bright spot, as always!
    Making Happy´s last blog post ..Sea Turtle Coastal Decor Art Print in Beach Stripes by MakingHappy

11. KMP Modern commented
    March 20th, 2013 at 9:03pm

As a Miami girl, I understand what you mean about Southern weddings. I miss the colors, the relaxed vibe and the hazy breezes. Thanks for all these new websites. Will definitely check them out! I love your pics too, especially the melon popsicles! Yum!

12. Doreen@househoneys commented
    March 21st, 2013 at 1:25am

Hi Holly! I have heard of lover.ly and in fact visited their site in the past, but I can’t seem to figure out how it works. There doesn’t seem to be a help section either. When I clicked on a bundle or heart, nothing happens. Where does it go? It’s not my browser because I tried on my iPad and desktop.

My daughter is recently engaged, so I would love to figure this out. I messaged them on FB so maybe they’ll respond, but just in case I’m hoping you wouldn’t mind helping.
    Doreen@househoneys´s last blog post ..Tuesdays Favorite Pins

13. nic [luzia pimpinella] commented
    March 21st, 2013 at 8:57am

good morning, holly!

i wish you a happy birthday… have a great day today!

HUGS!
    nic
    nic [luzia pimpinella]´s last blog post ..foto projekt | beauty is where you find it #57

14. Ivy commented
    March 21st, 2013 at 3:08pm

I have been getting the Lover.ly emails for awhile. I do like their posts although sometimes I get confused on their site. It might be I didn’t take the time to keep looking once I found something and wanted to buy it. I find that same frustration on Pinterest if the pinner doesn’t link up correctly.
    I will say, and maybe you have written about this already, I have resorted to using Pinterest instead of Google for my creative searches.
    The other day, my friend needed help finding a bridal shower invitation. She showed me her nieces pin board of inspiration and instead of googling the invites, I used Pinterest’s search engine and found the exact one she needed in less than a minute. It was awesome. Way cleaner and more efficient than searching with Google.
    I didn’t try Lover.ly…. not quite sure of it yet but next time I may try them first.
    Nice post.
    Cheers and Love Lady
    Ivy
    Ivy´s last blog post ..Child Portraits | Iowa City | Baby E

15. val commented
    March 21st, 2013 at 3:45pm

Thanks for sharing, even my blog is not wedding my etsy business. So one more thing for my blog or shop shared by you

Val
    happy student from BYW

16. Gretchen commented
    March 22nd, 2013 at 1:03am

Love that you referenced the South, and Summer, two of my favorite things. Beautiful post :) XO
    Gretchen´s last blog post ..Springtime decor

17. amy of ara133photography commented
    March 22nd, 2013 at 1:12am

Ahhh yes, sunshine and warmth! :) I really love the pom pom flower garland! So colorful and springy. I’ll check out Lover.ly, haven’t heard of it, thanks! I’m thinking it might be interesting to take some of the ideas for wedding decor and bring them into the home for some pretty interior decorating ideas and place settings for every day use. Minus the names and dates, ha ha :) Thanks!!

18. manish m commented
    March 22nd, 2013 at 4:49am

Love the colors! They have a fresh, warm summer feel to them
    manish m´s last blog post ..Scott’s Family Portraits

19. Ruth commented
    March 22nd, 2013 at 4:49am

Hi Holly!

Definitely agree with you that we need to branch out more from Pinterest. I find it overwhelming now, with everyone posting the same things over and over again, and just so many people using it now.

It’s the whole movement of who are the first movers, and who are the followers. Lover.ly sounds wonderful. I’m trying it out right now!

Thanks for your wonderful posts!

20. Iris commented
    March 22nd, 2013 at 8:41am

A belated happy birthday to you Holly! Hiephiephoera! Hope you had a festive day.
    x Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Letting Easter in

21. NSPJ Architects commented
    March 22nd, 2013 at 3:11pm

It’s kind of depressing seeing all of these great summer/spring time pictures when we are getting snow again in late March. Better weather please hurry up!
    NSPJ Architects´s last blog post ..Visit our Blog!

22. Jutta von Kreativfieber commented
    March 22nd, 2013 at 4:06pm

Lover.ly = lovely! Thanks for the tip, Holly, I really like lover.ly!
    Jutta von Kreativfieber´s last blog post ..DIY Osterkarten mit Maskingtape

23. Juan Carlo @ Wedding Catering Services in Manila commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 8:31am

I really missed summer! I loved the two photos. Keep inspiring us Holly. :)