Objects

Help Me Find This

March 23, 2013

I love the home of fashion designer Martin Grant, an Australian who made it big in fashion who currently designs and works in Paris. His home is brilliantly chic with a subdued palette and bright bursts paired with clean lines just like the clothing he creates. But let’s talk about the chair in his living room.

Help Me Find This

You can see his entire home at Making It My Style, but I want to highlight the living room because I really want that lounge chair. It looks comfy but also light and airy, which I love. At first glance, I thought it was Ligne Roset but I cannot seem to find it on their website.

Do you know where I can find this chair? C’mon design enthusiasts – help a girl out.

(image: martin grant)

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply Scandi Coast Home Australia March 23, 2013 at 12:19 am

If he’s Australian it could be a Featherston.

• Reply Scandi Coast Home Australia March 23, 2013 at 12:24 am

I just googled Grant Featherston in images and I don’t think it’s that although it has a similar look only more modern. I’ll let you know if I find anything.
    Tania xx

• Reply mel March 23, 2013 at 12:57 am

I wish I could help Holly and I understand completely, the chair is divine! In fact, I’d take almost anything in his apartment, it’s elegance at its best! I’ll be checking in to see if anyone can tell you – I’m most curious now! Mel x

• Reply Marian March 23, 2013 at 1:39 am

Maybe the Bouroullec brothers? It looks like their vibe… a little quirkier than Hay.

• Reply Victoria March 23, 2013 at 1:51 am

I think it’s the Ray Lounge chair by Jakob Wagner.

Maybe a special order with the beautiful double sided felting. Love that chair!

Good luck!

• Reply Victoria March 23, 2013 at 3:30 am

Or perhaps this one:

Erwan Bouroullec Spring chair

• Reply Victoria March 23, 2013 at 3:32 am

Yes, I am pretty sure this is the one! Erwan Bouroullec’s Spring chair.
    Hope this helps!

• Reply Miss Drawingdream March 23, 2013 at 7:59 am

I have no idea on the chair, but good luck! :)I’m sure there’s someone out here who knows or has at least an idea :) I really like the floor!

• Reply Nicole Antar March 23, 2013 at 8:00 am

It looks like the Spring chair from Cappellini.

• Reply Regine March 23, 2013 at 8:44 am

Holly,
    I guess it´s a lounge chair from Gubi.dk
    They still have similarly on their website – have a look at http://www.gubi.dk/en/products/seating/lounge-chairs/gubi-lounge-1/gubi-43/gubi-43-fully-upholstered-hallingdal_21001-43-02-1004/

Regine
    leuchtend-grau.de

• Reply Regine March 23, 2013 at 8:44 am

Holly,
    I guess it´s a lounge chair from Gubi.dk

Regine
    leuchtend-grau.de

• Reply Donna March 23, 2013 at 11:10 am

Holly, the sofa is a unique 20th century Swedish sofa – check out machine age.

Donna :)

nectarandstone.blogspot.com

• Reply Susanne March 23, 2013 at 12:34 pm

This is the Cappellini Spring Chair designed by Erwan Bouroullec. I like the bicolored version!

• Reply Susanne March 23, 2013 at 12:40 pm

This might be the Cappellini Spring Chair designed by Erwan Bouroullec. I like the bicolored version!

• Reply Susanne March 23, 2013 at 12:42 pm

• Reply holly hickey moore March 23, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Hi!

It is the spring chair by erwan bouroullec…

-holly

• Reply alissa March 23, 2013 at 3:20 pm

hi holly,
    it might be the spring chair by campellini.
    best wishes, alissa

• Reply alissa March 23, 2013 at 3:20 pm

cappellini not campellini ;)

• Reply Yasnnna March 23, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Hi, it is Spring Chair, Cappellini. But I am not sure if it is still in production. Hope it helps.

• Reply Donna-Caroline Khoo March 23, 2013 at 10:37 pm

The article was from Elle decoration UK 2008 December Issue for the chair.

i can’t seem to read who make the chair but that is the issue of the article..

Donna

• Reply Stitchoux March 24, 2013 at 11:52 am

Amazing room ! &Beautiful blog ✿

• Reply salige lavendel March 24, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I love the floor!

• Reply Shayna - SteelPetalPress March 25, 2013 at 5:06 pm

That chair is pretty spectacular but can we talk about that green curtain for a sec? It’s amazing! And probably could not have been pulled off quite so nicely without the muted color palette of the rest of the room.

the flooring is also gorgeous.

• Reply Béa March 25, 2013 at 5:31 pm

@Victoria:
    Spot on!

By the way, now I’m liking it too!!!

• Reply Mary March 26, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Stunning room! The chair certainly is amazing. I can’t get enough of the fireplace either! The detail on it is spectacular.

• Reply Lori April 10, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Hello Holly,

I just saw your “Dream Room” in Family Circle..the one with the beige four post bed, butterfly print on the wall…..and the beautiful pillows..where did you find these? I have to have that room! ! ! !

Thank you for your beautiful furnishings!
    Lori