Books + Magazines

Pastel Pretty Style Book

March 27, 2013

I want to throw the spotlight on Selina Lake and the launch of her colorful new book, Pretty Pastel Style, that just released in the UK – a big congratulations to you, Selina! The book was written by Joanna Simmons (I think, if I’m not mistaken, Joanna writes all of Selina’s books) with photography by Catherine Gratwicke.

Pastel Pretty Style Book

The photography in this book is beautiful. I have a copy that I bought on Amazon and it’s like one big cotton candy pastel playground – really sweet and very inspirational and right on trend with the whole pastel thing we see going on all over the place. It’s also perfect for Easter.

Pastel Pretty Style Book

Pastel Pretty Style Book

Pastel Pretty Style Book

Pastel Pretty Style Book

Above are some of her photos, one is from the book and the others were taken at her launch party in London last Friday and then there is a photo she styled for Prima Magazine. You can see a ton more on her blog, just beautiful and so super girly! Who doesn’t love roses?

Selina’s always has pretty themed books and I like seeing what she comes up with and how she’ll develop her next theme. Good luck with your current book Selina and the many more that I’m sure will follow!

(images: selina lake)

22 Comments

• Reply tinajo March 27, 2013 at 6:46 pm

So much prettiness and lovely colors!

• Reply Miss Drawingdream March 27, 2013 at 6:46 pm

oh, sonderful photos! :) Like a little girls dream house :)

• Reply Chloe Moon March 27, 2013 at 6:54 pm

How gorgeous all the pretty colors are!! I wonder if her book is going to be in any U.S. Stores? I could definitely picture it being on Anthropologie’s shelves! =)

• Reply Rebecca March 27, 2013 at 7:21 pm

These are so beautiful! Loving all the pastels for spring!

• Reply All things nice... March 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I adore Selina’s style and have this book on my shopping list. The pastel colours are so pretty and brighten up my day :) I posted on my blog about my top 3 blogs, decor8 and Selina’s Blog were on my list! Glad you like each other’s style

All things nice…

• Reply Rachel March 27, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I love your website!!! You have so many creative ideas :)

• Reply janika R March 27, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Great Pictures. I will check this out soon.

• Reply Katie Levett-Allen March 27, 2013 at 9:14 pm

I was lucky enough to be able to attend Selina’s book launch last week, and it was absolutely beautiful. I love the book, and the show she had set up to launch it was fantastic, with beautifully quirky, very English stalls.
    When I got home, I was able to really look at the book, it is wonderful, and although I’m not a very ‘pastel’ girl, I enjoy looking at the beautiful pictures, and actually found a great deal of inspiration.
    It’s gone onto my favoured bookshelf, alongside my much cherished copy of decor8!!
    Katie

• Reply Donna-Caroline Khoo March 27, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Beautiful…

one of my weaknesses aside from cupcakes and interiors is… flowers…. for me that is what really transpired in this post today and that is the way in which the flowers complimented the theme of the space.

Donna x

• Reply creando con graciela March 28, 2013 at 2:43 am

Que bellas imagenes, la verdad que dan muchias ideas bonitas y muy modernas.
    Desde SALTA, ARGENTINA, que tengas una FELIZ PASCUAS DE RESURECCIÓN, GRACIELA

• Reply Dana March 28, 2013 at 2:47 am

Great book recommendation. Beautiful, spring, happy colors. Happy Easter!

• Reply leaca March 28, 2013 at 3:16 am

fun spaces…love it.

• Reply Amy March 28, 2013 at 4:47 am

Ooh that first image had me at hello. I had no idea how much I love pastels until I started designing again seriously. I need to get this book, I feel like I would look at it over and over again and find more inspiration each time.

• Reply sam March 28, 2013 at 12:34 pm

The flowers looks gorgeous! i love it, and i want to have it for my home, too.

• Reply Desha Peacock March 28, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I love Selina’s new book. So feminine! I l also love that you highlight other people’s work in the field, so nice!

• Reply l o v e l y t h i n g s March 28, 2013 at 3:01 pm

very feminine and pretty! Love all the little details like the tiny banner around the jar of flowers….inspiration abounds!

• Reply Tracy A. March 28, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Lovely shades!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang March 29, 2013 at 6:11 am

Oh wow! A book I must order off of Amazon – thank you for the amazing find!

• Reply stephanie @ BabaSouk March 29, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Oh my oh my! I would absolutely love to have tea with you in that sweet little pastel room! :)

• Reply Chrystina March 30, 2013 at 4:58 am

These colors are brilliant – and beautiful for Easter. And look at the color of those chairs in the last pictures. I want to paint all of my chairs turquoise now. That would be awesome.

• Reply Nadia April 2, 2013 at 7:48 pm