Inspiration

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

March 29, 2013

My friends over at Mollie Makes magazine just announced a special one off magazine they’ve created called Handmade Wedding that will release in the UK on April 4th and it’s just beautiful. I love blogging about inspirational magazines because I want print to stay alive forever and ever! There is a little preview snippet online if you’d like to view it here: Preview Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding. And of course, my wee snippet below.

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

This is a stunning cover, don’t you think? I love the shimmering daylight the layout and various fonts – very pretty.

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

Gorgeous table of contents layout, I particularly love the fabric along the bottom edge.

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

Really sweet DIY projects from the talented sister duo, Eunice and Sabrina Moyle, over at Hello Lucky. They also happen to author a book under the same name as this magazine, Handmade Weddings. I love their adorable video on YouTube, have you seen it before?

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

Oooooh paper flowers. I love paper flowers. My mother and I made a ton of these for my bridal shower before I got married… She is the tissue paper flower QUEEN.

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

Super pretty colors!

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

Oh my gosh this couple is adorable. Could his suit be any cooler (or MORE British)? A-D-O-R-E.

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

More beauty to be inspired by…

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

Could Irish homewares designer Abigail Ryan look more gorgeous? I loved seeing her wedding day in this mag. As a side point, I cannot WAIT until she debuts her wallpaper line in May – (see a tiny glimpse on her blog). I’d love that pattern on the wall in my bedroom – gorgeous.

NEW: Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding Magazine

A gorgeous floral arranging DIY… Never can have enough flowers in our life!

About this magazine, “This beautiful one-off special includes real-life weddings, DIY makes and inspiring themes to help you create your own unique wedding day. It’s out on 4 April 2013” and will be appearing on newsstands in the UK then.

So what do you think?

(images: handmade wedding)

26 Comments

• Reply Emily March 29, 2013 at 7:42 pm

So excited to be on the front cover of this magazine and have our wedding featured. Can’t wait to see the full thing next week. It’s due out on our fourth baby’s due date too, which couldn’t make it more special! x

• Reply Glenda Childers March 29, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Ah, maybe a trip to London for that magazine would be a perfect spring getaway.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply Adri March 29, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Love this!

I have to pin this, getting married this fall.

Adri

• Reply Inge March 29, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Oh, when I see this I always wonder why I didn’t marry a little later… :-) Back in 2005 I didn’t have any blogs I followed, never knew they existed. It all looks so adorable! Especially the paper flowers – gotta love them!! :-)
    Last month I bought Mollie Makes for the very first time in Dutch, I was so surprised to find it in my language! And you’re absolutely right Holly, I also want printed press to stay forever and ever – I’m an absolute hoarder when it comes to magazines… It drives my husband nuts. But I’ve got a pretty good reason to stack up all my magazines: inspiration (for my blog). ;-)
    Love, Inge x

• Reply Daniela | cozy & cuddly March 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Oh wow, how cute is this?
    I think i have to marry my hubby again!
    I have sooo many ideas now for a handmade wedding, that i haven´t had three years ago :-)

Frohe Ostern und liebe Grüße
    Danny

• Reply Ella March 30, 2013 at 4:24 am

Swoon-it is gorgeous! I found a lot of the ideas enchanting~
    I just had to show my daughter-she is going to Prom, soon. I’m trying to convince her to have a 1920s look ;D
    Thanks Holly for sharing this fab issue!!!

• Reply Fiona March 30, 2013 at 6:16 am

I love the idea of incorporating maps into the invitations!

• Reply Kate March 30, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I love the paper blooms! That’s so pretty.

• Reply Deborah from What I always wanted March 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Just love all these gorgeous handmade wedding ideas. Thanks for the sneak preview!

• Reply Mel April 1, 2013 at 2:14 am

Just love love love Mollie Makes and all their down to earth goodness. Thanks for letting us know about the new mag.

• Reply BDFamille April 1, 2013 at 10:24 am

Your blog is beautiful ! Thanks !! Les Sisters

• Reply Marije - MonsterMatti April 1, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I really love that you used so many flowers, Love the colors!
    My wedding was in a forest, so I didn’t use so many flowers, just one to hold in my hand and one vase on a table.
    The pictures, Invites and tutorials are grand!

• Reply Ana April 1, 2013 at 2:57 pm

These are great news!! I love Mollie Makes mags – so this is another one to watch for…
    Love the paper invitations!

• Reply Aleta April 1, 2013 at 3:38 pm

i am usually not into weddings but when i see adorable pictures like this i want to go and crash some and be all like dancing around the pretty flowers :D

• Reply Claire April 1, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Beautiful magazine – I want to get married now!

Just like to say that I love your blog and read it regularly it is a real inspiration for my house project and my own blog

• Reply Abigail@abigail*ryan April 1, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Thanks for this lovely mention, Holly… we’re SO excited to finally share the wedding (six months on!)…

Thought I should mention, I’m not ‘Abigail Ryan’, though… I’m (formerly) Abigail Percy, now Bell! – my husband Ryan is the ‘Ryan’ in ‘abigail*ryan’… we like to confuse people, but he loves how people call and ask to speak to me. It’s like we’ve created a new identity! Lol…

So happy you love the wallpaper. We sent you a little email about that, let me know if you didn’t get it. XO Abigail

• Reply John @ Good Morning Quotes April 2, 2013 at 3:32 am

I love all your ideas and designs. This post is no different. I hope to get into your mind and look into some creativity.

• Reply amy of ara133photography April 2, 2013 at 4:25 am

These are all so lovely! I ADORE the paper flowers :) I remember making them with my friends when we were little – we filled my friend Kathy’s room with paper flowers ranging from a few inches to almost a foot across!

• Reply Blog de Nuria April 2, 2013 at 11:20 am

Wow lovely blog!!! congrats!! xoxox

• Reply Elena April 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I really like Eunice and Sabrina Moyle’s hearts. It is a very original idea and easy to make. What a shame that I am already married ;) Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Erika April 4, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Anyone know when this might be out in the US?

• Reply irene b April 10, 2013 at 9:23 pm

love the video! Now I just need an excuse to organize a party
    Ire

• Reply Kristine@Orchard Bliss April 27, 2013 at 1:22 am

I am definitely going to try and get my hands on this mag. I want to have majority handmade items at my wedding. I used to make tissue paper flowers all the time, as a little girl.

• Reply Jay @ Cute Love Quotes For Her September 30, 2013 at 1:13 am

Oh wow, the flowers and wedding designs are absolutely lovely, good job on the photos.

• Reply jamibalajee November 9, 2013 at 8:37 pm

wonderful information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend nandu. i have read at least 7 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i’m already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards,

• Reply weddings flowers December 12, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Anne has been working with flowers for the past 25 years and was blessed to work with many lovely couples to transform their special day into breathtaking wedding sites. From classic and elegant to bold and dramatic, Weddings by Anne will custom design your dream event to match your vision and budget. Each bride and groom are unique and we believe your flowers and decor should be too. We will work with you to come up with a theme
    and design based around your wedding dress, colour palette, atmosphere, location, and season.