Pimp Your IKEA: Superfront

If you want to pimp out your IKEA cabinets, Superfront is definitely THE place to get started. Superfront gives you the ability to create high quality furniture using an IKEA base combined with their collection of 9 fronts, 8 handles, 8 legs — all in 12 different colours. They make their parts for existing IKEA cabinet bases so if you want to freshen up your existing IKEA kitchen, sideboard or bathroom cabinet now you can! These products are not mass-produced in some faraway land – they are made right in Småland and Dalarna, Sweden. I love the leather handles and the fun legs – this is GREAT.

Superfront

Superfront

I first spotted this on the German blog, raumfeurzwei. What do you think, would you use Superfront? I totally would!

(images: superfront)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on April 06, 2013

1. belinda commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 1:47pm

i’m already planning for the renovation of our next house (fingers crossed it all comes together for us – there is possibly something in the works) and will put in another Ikea kitchen. i find the base cabinets are the same quality as higher end kitchens and i couldn’t fault the last one we installed. i’ve already decided i’d use ikea doors but have them painted professionally to a particular colour and go with a stone benchtop and appliances and other bits and bobs from various sources. this should make it affordable but not too ikea-ry.
    i always consider ikea to be a base for adapting, customising and building on. Alone the piece is (often) good quality and affordable, but it’s mass produced and same-samey and easily identifiable. but add to it with some customisation, new fabric, accessories from elsewhere and you have something else. so it’s nice to see someone coming up with complementary doors and accessories to make that possible. i love the leather handles and brass knobs – they’d go nice in my future kitchen which is floating around in my imagination!!!!
    belinda´s last blog post ..Easter round-up

2. Martina commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 2:21pm

Thanks Holly, for mentioning my blog :)

I would definitly pimp my ikea cabinet.

3. Juliette commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 2:34pm

definitely! I especially love the whole leather handle look!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..In My Home: Art and Craft

4. lisa don commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 3:02pm

What a brilliant idea! I love my besta units…but the option to customize is soooo appealing! Beautiful geometric patterns…and the copper legs, stunning!!

5. Julia commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 3:35pm

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

6. Maria commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 3:43pm

Woha, this is such a great way to make IKEA-things more personal and that they are produced right here in Europe makes it even more enjoyable for me. I will try this in the future. Thanks for sharing!

7. Mnêmosunê commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 4:11pm

Wonderful idea, the leather handles are fabulous !
    Mnêmosunê´s last blog post ..De nouveaux produits dans ma salle de bains #3

8. Monica Born commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 4:57pm

Hi! It´s great to hear you like our stuff! It´s just a matter of time until we ship to Germany so keep your eyes open and become friends with Superfront on FB! Regards/Superfront

9. Anastasia Benko commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 8:06pm

HOLLY, I HAVEN’T BEEN TO YOUR SITE FOR ABOUT A WEEK… TODAY I VISITED YOUR SITE & REALIZED, THAT WE HAVE THE SAME POST ON THE SAME SUBJECT! I AM DOING MY RESEARCH FOR OUR KITCHEN BECAUSE I FELL IN LOVE WITH A COPPER KITCHEN I’VE SPOTTED A FEW YEARS AGO… NOW, WHEN IT’S TIME FOR A NEW KITCHEN, I AM NOT QUITE SURE WHETHER COPPER IS JUST A TREND OR IF I WANT IT TO BE IN MY HOME FOR THE NEXT 20YRS….WELL, WITH THIS ON MY MIND I HAVE BEEN DOING MY RESEARCH & I GUESS THE DICISION MAKING PROCESS WILL BE A DIFFICULT ONE… WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COPPER KITCHENS?
    LOVE, ANASTASIA
    Anastasia Benko´s last blog post ..SUPERFONT

10. Kate commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 9:56pm

I totally would! But it’s giving me tons of Do It Myself ideas too….
    Kate´s last blog post ..For Sarah Davison

11. Anette@lebenslustiger commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 10:24pm

This IS amazing! Lot’s of possibilities… Thanks for sharing – love it!
    Anette@lebenslustiger´s last blog post ..Rose Gold Ring Love

12. sue commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 10:44pm

what a great idea. I would use them I reckon. Although right now I have no Ikea furniture to pimp

13. design fluff commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 11:34pm

Yes, I would love to use some of these! I wish they had them in the U.S.A!

14. design fluff commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 11:35pm

I just noticed the bronze legs in the last photo! They are to die for! L.O.V.E these!
    design fluff´s last blog post ..A Lovely Pink Poplin Dress for Spring

15. Scandi Coast Home Australia commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 1:02am

I love it……
    Scandi Coast Home Australia´s last blog post ..a DaY of preTTy Things……

16. Dena coben commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 1:43am

Panyl.com is the do-it-your-self version for less.

17. Any commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 3:12am

For all of your USA based readers, there is a similar business based in California called semihandmade [http://www.semihandmadedoors.com/]. We just remodeled our IKEA kitchen and worked with them and are so happy with the result. It was a great way to have a more affordable kitchen, but still work with a small business and woodworker. I noticed they have started a new Ikea customized line for some Ikea furniture pieces as well called Redo.

18. Tereza commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 5:04am

wow that’s sweet!!
    Tereza´s last blog post ..Vintage Pretty…

19. Jen Clark commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 7:22am

While I am kind of digging some of these designs, I had some serious sticker shock when I saw the prices on their site. After schlepping to IKEA to spend $200 on my Besta cabinet, hauling it home, and spending 4 hours building it – it would probably not then occur to me to go and pay 6,000 Swedish kronor ($931) plus another $200 in shipping, for a colored shell that I now have to figure out how to tack onto what I already have. Does it look cool, sure. But who do they think is going to actually buy this?

20. Angela - designhaus no.9 commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 1:26pm

Yes, I would use Superfront. I already checked if it fits with my Ikea cabinet.
    Angela – designhaus no.9´s last blog post ..InteriorViews: House in Prato / Italy

21. Nicola commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 4:51pm

I love the leather handles. Great idea for styling your Ikea stuff a little more individual.
    Nicola´s last blog post ..the thing with decor trends

22. callie grayson commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 7:09pm

Yes, I am designing my kitchen and I am considering Ikea…. just need to decide on style and color
    xx
    callie
    callie grayson´s last blog post ..Let Them Eat Cake!

23. KiKi B commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 11:24pm

These designs are amazing! I love the colour of the first cabinets, just perfect for spring.
    KiKi

KiKi B´s last blog post ..Inspiring Design: Container City

24. Laura commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 1:02am

Definitely looks pretty! What cute detailing!

25. Lisa@TheDecorGirl commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 2:37am

As a designer I’ll happily admit, I love IKEA, I “pimp” it anytime the space allows. Love the superfront!

26. mel commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 6:45am

What a fantastic idea! How incredible are these people that come up with ideas like that? Can you believe that there is no Ikea in NZ? It’s crazy, I couldn’t believe it when we moved here.. Mel
    mel´s last blog post ..Mérida Arquiste Created for Cire Trudon

27. frau p. hat heimweh. commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 9:39am

@Monica Born:
    I like the fronts – will you have them for the upcoming IKEA kitchen system?
    (I guess you know that Faktum will be replaced by a new line with new sizes).
    Kind regards, Pat

28. Nat @ Dear Little House commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 11:35am

Love that turquoise!
    Nat @ Dear Little House´s last blog post ..Our debut album.

29. Elena commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 2:45pm

I often use Ikea pieces and mix them with different things. I think Ikea is genius and whoever proposes ideas to personalize Ikea’s items are brilliant. Thanks for the tip Holly.
    Elena´s last blog post ..Spring from my balcony

30. Jen commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 6:06pm

Oh I love this and yes, like you say the leather handles and cute feet are fabulous. Great for making your Ikea purchases more individual!
    Jen´s last blog post ..Home Office Makeover: The Hunt for a Desk

31. Lorna commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 7:42pm

OH! Thanks for sharing this!
    Lorna´s last blog post ..Help yarn bomb San Mateo

32. design fluff commented
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:00am

@Any:

Thanks for the recommendation!
    design fluff´s last blog post ..A Lovely Pink Poplin Dress for Spring

33. Emily Caronte commented
    April 9th, 2013 at 2:46pm

Yea.. pastels are definitely back. Just gorgeous colours. Those legs are fantastic too. Gotta get my man out shopping soon..LOL
    Emily Caronte´s last blog post ..The Butterball Turkey Fryer

34. ursula (room to bloom) commented
    April 10th, 2013 at 10:22pm

Great find Holly. I recently came across another Swedish company that does cute legs for Ikea furniture (and other brands). Have a look: http://www.prettypegs.se/

35. Donna Hoffman Interiors commented
    April 13th, 2013 at 12:57pm

The copper legs are so cute! Love this fantastic idea…

36. Bryony commented
    April 14th, 2013 at 4:58pm

Those look adorable. I’d absolutely love to revamp some of our IKEA furniture this way. We have a whole bedroom set in HEMNES that I’d love to freshen up with new drawer pulls!
    Bryony´s last blog post ..A Place to Begin

37. MOnica Born commented
    April 15th, 2013 at 10:43am

Hi Pat! Yes, wi will make fronts for Ikea´s new kitchen system Metod when it arrives. Regards, Monica @ Superfront

38. Monica Born commented
    May 1st, 2013 at 7:40pm

Hi Pat! Yes we will have fronts for the upcoming kitchen system Metod as well. Sign up for our newsletter on superfront.com to know when we release new things. You can follow us on Instagram under the name: superfrontdotcom
    Bye!/ Monica @ Superfront

39. Raymond commented
    May 16th, 2013 at 8:22am

@Monica Born: Love the stuff there. I live in NYC, how do I get some? I NEED THOSE DOORS, handles AND LEGS. NEEEED THEM.