Objects

Pimp Your IKEA: Superfront

April 6, 2013

If you want to pimp out your IKEA cabinets, Superfront is definitely THE place to get started. Superfront gives you the ability to create high quality furniture using an IKEA base combined with their collection of 9 fronts, 8 handles, 8 legs — all in 12 different colours. They make their parts for existing IKEA cabinet bases so if you want to freshen up your existing IKEA kitchen, sideboard or bathroom cabinet now you can! These products are not mass-produced in some faraway land – they are made right in Småland and Dalarna, Sweden. I love the leather handles and the fun legs – this is GREAT.

Pimp Your IKEA: Superfront

Pimp Your IKEA: Superfront

I first spotted this on the German blog, raumfeurzwei. What do you think, would you use Superfront? I totally would!

(images: superfront)

You Might Also Like

39 Comments

• Reply belinda April 6, 2013 at 1:47 pm

i’m already planning for the renovation of our next house (fingers crossed it all comes together for us – there is possibly something in the works) and will put in another Ikea kitchen. i find the base cabinets are the same quality as higher end kitchens and i couldn’t fault the last one we installed. i’ve already decided i’d use ikea doors but have them painted professionally to a particular colour and go with a stone benchtop and appliances and other bits and bobs from various sources. this should make it affordable but not too ikea-ry.
    i always consider ikea to be a base for adapting, customising and building on. Alone the piece is (often) good quality and affordable, but it’s mass produced and same-samey and easily identifiable. but add to it with some customisation, new fabric, accessories from elsewhere and you have something else. so it’s nice to see someone coming up with complementary doors and accessories to make that possible. i love the leather handles and brass knobs – they’d go nice in my future kitchen which is floating around in my imagination!!!!

• Reply Martina April 6, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Holly, for mentioning my blog :)

I would definitly pimp my ikea cabinet.

• Reply Juliette April 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm

definitely! I especially love the whole leather handle look!

• Reply lisa don April 6, 2013 at 3:02 pm

What a brilliant idea! I love my besta units…but the option to customize is soooo appealing! Beautiful geometric patterns…and the copper legs, stunning!!

• Reply Julia April 6, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Maria April 6, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Woha, this is such a great way to make IKEA-things more personal and that they are produced right here in Europe makes it even more enjoyable for me. I will try this in the future. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Mnêmosunê April 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Wonderful idea, the leather handles are fabulous !

• Reply Monica Born April 6, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Hi! It´s great to hear you like our stuff! It´s just a matter of time until we ship to Germany so keep your eyes open and become friends with Superfront on FB! Regards/Superfront

• Reply Anastasia Benko April 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm

HOLLY, I HAVEN’T BEEN TO YOUR SITE FOR ABOUT A WEEK… TODAY I VISITED YOUR SITE & REALIZED, THAT WE HAVE THE SAME POST ON THE SAME SUBJECT! I AM DOING MY RESEARCH FOR OUR KITCHEN BECAUSE I FELL IN LOVE WITH A COPPER KITCHEN I’VE SPOTTED A FEW YEARS AGO… NOW, WHEN IT’S TIME FOR A NEW KITCHEN, I AM NOT QUITE SURE WHETHER COPPER IS JUST A TREND OR IF I WANT IT TO BE IN MY HOME FOR THE NEXT 20YRS….WELL, WITH THIS ON MY MIND I HAVE BEEN DOING MY RESEARCH & I GUESS THE DICISION MAKING PROCESS WILL BE A DIFFICULT ONE… WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COPPER KITCHENS?
    LOVE, ANASTASIA

• Reply Kate April 6, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I totally would! But it’s giving me tons of Do It Myself ideas too….

• Reply Anette@lebenslustiger April 6, 2013 at 10:24 pm

This IS amazing! Lot’s of possibilities… Thanks for sharing – love it!

• Reply sue April 6, 2013 at 10:44 pm

what a great idea. I would use them I reckon. Although right now I have no Ikea furniture to pimp

• Reply design fluff April 6, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Yes, I would love to use some of these! I wish they had them in the U.S.A!

• Reply design fluff April 6, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I just noticed the bronze legs in the last photo! They are to die for! L.O.V.E these!

• Reply Scandi Coast Home Australia April 7, 2013 at 1:02 am

I love it……

• Reply Dena coben April 7, 2013 at 1:43 am

Panyl.com is the do-it-your-self version for less.

• Reply Any April 7, 2013 at 3:12 am

For all of your USA based readers, there is a similar business based in California called semihandmade [http://www.semihandmadedoors.com/]. We just remodeled our IKEA kitchen and worked with them and are so happy with the result. It was a great way to have a more affordable kitchen, but still work with a small business and woodworker. I noticed they have started a new Ikea customized line for some Ikea furniture pieces as well called Redo.

• Reply Tereza April 7, 2013 at 5:04 am

wow that’s sweet!!

• Reply Jen Clark April 7, 2013 at 7:22 am

While I am kind of digging some of these designs, I had some serious sticker shock when I saw the prices on their site. After schlepping to IKEA to spend $200 on my Besta cabinet, hauling it home, and spending 4 hours building it – it would probably not then occur to me to go and pay 6,000 Swedish kronor ($931) plus another $200 in shipping, for a colored shell that I now have to figure out how to tack onto what I already have. Does it look cool, sure. But who do they think is going to actually buy this?

• Reply Angela - designhaus no.9 April 7, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Yes, I would use Superfront. I already checked if it fits with my Ikea cabinet.

• Reply Nicola April 7, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I love the leather handles. Great idea for styling your Ikea stuff a little more individual.

• Reply callie grayson April 7, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Yes, I am designing my kitchen and I am considering Ikea…. just need to decide on style and color
    xx
    callie

• Reply KiKi B April 7, 2013 at 11:24 pm

These designs are amazing! I love the colour of the first cabinets, just perfect for spring.
    KiKi

• Reply Laura April 8, 2013 at 1:02 am

Definitely looks pretty! What cute detailing!

• Reply Lisa@TheDecorGirl April 8, 2013 at 2:37 am

As a designer I’ll happily admit, I love IKEA, I “pimp” it anytime the space allows. Love the superfront!

• Reply mel April 8, 2013 at 6:45 am

What a fantastic idea! How incredible are these people that come up with ideas like that? Can you believe that there is no Ikea in NZ? It’s crazy, I couldn’t believe it when we moved here.. Mel

• Reply frau p. hat heimweh. April 8, 2013 at 9:39 am

@Monica Born:
    I like the fronts – will you have them for the upcoming IKEA kitchen system?
    (I guess you know that Faktum will be replaced by a new line with new sizes).
    Kind regards, Pat

• Reply Nat @ Dear Little House April 8, 2013 at 11:35 am

Love that turquoise!

• Reply Elena April 8, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I often use Ikea pieces and mix them with different things. I think Ikea is genius and whoever proposes ideas to personalize Ikea’s items are brilliant. Thanks for the tip Holly.

• Reply Jen April 8, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Oh I love this and yes, like you say the leather handles and cute feet are fabulous. Great for making your Ikea purchases more individual!

• Reply Lorna April 8, 2013 at 7:42 pm

OH! Thanks for sharing this!

• Reply design fluff April 9, 2013 at 11:00 am

@Any:

Thanks for the recommendation!

• Reply Emily Caronte April 9, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Yea.. pastels are definitely back. Just gorgeous colours. Those legs are fantastic too. Gotta get my man out shopping soon..LOL

• Reply ursula (room to bloom) April 10, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Great find Holly. I recently came across another Swedish company that does cute legs for Ikea furniture (and other brands). Have a look: http://www.prettypegs.se/

• Reply Donna Hoffman Interiors April 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm

The copper legs are so cute! Love this fantastic idea…

• Reply Bryony April 14, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Those look adorable. I’d absolutely love to revamp some of our IKEA furniture this way. We have a whole bedroom set in HEMNES that I’d love to freshen up with new drawer pulls!

• Reply MOnica Born April 15, 2013 at 10:43 am

Hi Pat! Yes, wi will make fronts for Ikea´s new kitchen system Metod when it arrives. Regards, Monica @ Superfront

• Reply Monica Born May 1, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Hi Pat! Yes we will have fronts for the upcoming kitchen system Metod as well. Sign up for our newsletter on superfront.com to know when we release new things. You can follow us on Instagram under the name: superfrontdotcom
    Bye!/ Monica @ Superfront

• Reply Raymond May 16, 2013 at 8:22 am

@Monica Born: Love the stuff there. I live in NYC, how do I get some? I NEED THOSE DOORS, handles AND LEGS. NEEEED THEM.