Recipes

Pistachio Marble Cake Recipe

April 10, 2013

Hello everyone! I have added two lovely columnists to join me here on decor8, Lisa Nieschlag and Julia Cawley, who will team up to produce Food In Motion, a new video series for decor8 that will appear once a month with a yummy video for to watch along with the recipe for you to try. Sounds fun, right?

Pistachio Marble Cake Recipe

You may know Lisa and Julia as Liz and Jewels, two friends who love to cook and produce beautiful books together in addition to their blog and workshops. Liz lives in northern Germany and Jewels is also German but relocated to Brooklyn. I met both of these ladies last summer when I was a guest speaker at a food and styling workshop they did along with Meeta Wolf. I’m so pleased that Liz and Jewels will join me until the end of 2013 with Food In Motion. So, without further ado… Here’s Liz introducing their new column AND video AND recipe to you!

Pistachio Marble Cake Recipe

Hello from two continents! We are Liz and Jewels. The two of us share the same love for food and photos and challenge each other every week on our blog Liz & Jewels. We cook, style and photograph the same dish, without knowing what the other does, and whatever the outcome, we share it on our blog. Here is an example of our most recent post called, We eat Americans. My version of this recipe is on the left and Jewels’ recipe is on the right.

Pistachio Marble Cake Recipe

I’m Liz, a graphic designer and cookbook author. My first cookbook was published in 2010, which was so successful, that two more followed immediately. Currently I’m working on my fourth cookbook. Jewels is the photographer for all of the cookbooks.

Pistachio Marble Cake Recipe

We love working together and also love sharing our knowledge with others who love food, too. In 2012 we started teaching workshops for “Food Styling & Photography” and have done so in Weimar, Münster and New York so far. Here is a glimpse into a recent workshop in New York that we hosted before all of our students arrived…

Pistachio Marble Cake Recipe

For decor8, we are bringing our Food In Motion! Every month we will pop up on decor8 and show you a little video of how we are preparing our favorite dish and leave you with the recipe so you can make it yourself. Our first recipe and video is below, we hope you enjoy it and that you enjoy having us on decor8 for 2013!

How to make what you see in our video…

RECIPE:
Pistachio Marble Cake
3 eggs
150 g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
50 g soft butter
100 ml milk
200 g flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
50 g pistachios
1 teaspoon of powdered sugar

Heat the oven to 175 C degrees. Generously butter a loaf pan. In a bowl beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar on high speed with the electric mixer until the mixture turns light and thick. Add the soft butter and mix in. Whisk together the flour, bakingpowder and salt and add to the mixture gradually. Pour in the milk and beat until combined. In an electric blender pulverize the pistachios. Add the powdered sugar. In another bowl pour 1/3 of the batter and mix in the pistachios. Pour the reserved cake batter in the loaf pan and top with the pistachio batter. Run a fork through the batters in swirling motion. Bake until cake tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes.

Yum! Yum! Enjoy! See you in May with another edition of Food In Motion. Let us know if you have any special ideas in mind – things you’d love to see us make, etc. You can comment below.

– Liz & Jewels

(Photos: liz & jewels. For video credits, click here.)

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

• Reply Isabelle April 10, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Dear Holly, Liz and Jewels,

this is absolutely fantastic! I love it and I can hardly wait for the next one ♥

Xoxo,

Isabelle

• Reply Beccy April 10, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Looks amazing, great food and fabulous photos! I want to eat thestrawberry cheesecake… Beccy

• Reply Chloe Moon April 10, 2013 at 5:40 pm

This is so exciting!! I love watching food videos because you can only learn so much from just instructions and ingredients! Yeah! I look forward to seeing more! =)

• Reply Miss Drawingdream April 10, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Oh, wonderful photos! :) I shouldn`t read so many blogs on cooking ;)

• Reply Sabine von azurweiss April 10, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Wonderful to meet those two lovely ladies on a regular basis her on decor8!

• Reply Juliette April 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Oh, I like this! and I like the video element as well; nice work everybody! and THANKS!

• Reply irene b April 10, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Love this recipe and these 2 amazing girls too :)

• Reply Marjory April 10, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Food in motion..brilliant and delicious! This cakes looks divine. I would love to see some honey and alternative flours in recipes. Thank you ladies :)

• Reply KMP Modern April 10, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Wow, not only is this beautiful but so delicious! Congrats on this new venture. You are bringing together my two loves, food and design. Can’t wait to try your yummy recipe. I love these photos and the simplicity of the table setting.

• Reply Meeta April 10, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Thank you Holly for mentioning me! Looking forward to the series.

• Reply Mary Lawson April 10, 2013 at 11:30 pm

So pretty! Your photos are a delight to look at. They are so inspiring. Keep up the great work.

• Reply Maya April 11, 2013 at 12:46 am

Lovely video, a welcome new feature!

• Reply mel April 11, 2013 at 1:59 am

Love, love, LOVE! So great to see three talented ladies teaming up! Fab video Liz & Jewels! My kids enjoyed it too:) Mel x

• Reply fenny setiawan April 11, 2013 at 3:07 am

I immediately fell in love this new series. I love to see more and more video-blog from my few fave bloggers.

This recipe is so easy to make and looked yummy in the video. I will definitely try it out.

Thank you, Holly for always bring a fresh ideas in Decor8, surely you know how to delight your readers :).

• Reply Kiki April 11, 2013 at 7:24 am

What a delicious post! Thanks a bunch.

• Reply Taneith Lanyon April 11, 2013 at 7:28 am

ahhhhh you had me at pistachio..

thankyou so much for sharing, this cake looks too yummie.
    xx

• Reply Liz April 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Thanks to all for the lovely comments!
    We’re so honored and proud to be presented on decor8!!!
    Thanks for having us, Holly!

• Reply Kate April 11, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I love this idea. Video is much easier for me to digest.

….Does that count as a pun?

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang April 14, 2013 at 5:29 am

Oh my goodness! What an absolute treat! Thank you!

• Reply Kasha @ The FarmGirl Cooks April 29, 2013 at 2:03 pm

This looks great and I just happen to have a bag of shelled pistachios waiting for the perfect use!

Thanks!

• Reply alena May 1, 2013 at 9:47 pm

hello ladies!
    Such a good plan to put a little lovely informative moving images with the recipe! Good work and smart plan!

• Reply Sharon May 6, 2013 at 11:15 pm

If possible could you please include cups/oz. etc for us poor people in the US who do not use the metric sys.

• Reply Stephanie September 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Hello Ladies,
    I just discovered your series “food in motion” and I love it!!! I just looked through all videos and they are amazing! I’m a big lover of beautiful food photos, but I never thought that a food video could be so wonderful, too (okay I even didn’t hear about such food videos before)! Your videos are so calm and peaceful and it seems so easy how you cook and bake…aww a dream (and the music fits always so perfectly to the video)! Thank you very much for this series ladies! Can’t wait to see more!
    Stephanie