Bloggers

Call Me Cupcake Blog

April 11, 2013

More food posts! Ha! This time from blogger Linda Lomelino from Call Me Cupcake. No, not Call Me Maybe like the song that drives me a little bonkers at this point, Call Me Cupcake! Okay, so people I want to know, what has gotten into my lately?  Or it’s more like what hasn’t gotten into me lately? I’ve gone off sugar and gluten for a month to get an energy and health boost and though I feel great, food prep is on my mind more often because I’m looking for creative ways to prepare what I can eat that will also make me feel like a million dollar super woman.

Call Me Cupcake Blog

It’s amazing how creative you get when your nutritionist puts limits on you. But wow, the things you can do and explore with limits – definitely sparks a lot of imagination. It’s like interiors really… Think about it, when you don’t have a lot of money you are forced to get more creative, right? With limitations, creativity seems to flow. It’s funny how that works, don’t you think?

Call Me Cupcake Blog

But back to Call Me Cupcake, who is really blogger and author Linda Lomelino who lives on coast of Sweden. But that’s not all… She is also in a band. And she does gorgeous food videos that she shares on Vimeo. I love her videos, they are beautiful. I cannot believe I just found out about this amazing lady today. I’m so blown away and inspired.

Call Me Cupcake Blog

Call Me Cupcake Blog

Call Me Cupcake Blog

Call Me Cupcake Blog

Call Me Cupcake Blog

So here is yet another beautiful food blog for you (and I) to drool over.

Hope you are having a happy day!

(images: call me cupcake)

26 Comments

• Reply christelle is flabbergasting April 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Oh I love Linda’s work! Always inspiring and super super sweet!

• Reply Amanda April 11, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Those pictures are beautiful! I am inspired to try to make my own baked alaska. Thanks for sharing such a great blog.

• Reply Kreetta April 11, 2013 at 5:52 pm

She’s great and her videos too!

And I’m sure this diet will make you a wonderwoman !!! I didn’t skip sugar but try to eat less sugar. I skipped gluten, dairy products and I do avoid artificial additives…but sometimes it’s imbossible. I feel so much better. Good luck with your journey and it is a little bit hard first…I was so lost for first two weeks…but now I’ve been with my diet over 1,5 years and happy. And the greatest thing is I’m going to Aran Goyoaga’s food photography workshop in June, it’s in Sweden and she’s gluten-free so I guess I’m going to enjoy a lot with good company, talented photography and tasty food! Yay!

• Reply decor8 April 11, 2013 at 8:49 pm

@Kreetta – I’m not going to be gluten free though – just for one month – I don’t have gluten allergies – just trying to load up on veggies, protein and berries currently. :)

• Reply Tania Welch April 11, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Another lovely blog to swoon over! Even if one is not a baker or a cook, the photos and videos just urge you to give it a try. I’m inspired! Let’s see what I can whip up tonight. Thanks for sharing. :)

• Reply Valerie April 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm

WOW! Thanks for sharing this blog Holly! Incredibly beautiful and inspiring. I think I’m in macaron and cake heaven. Makes me want to bake…or just head to a bakery.

• Reply christina April 11, 2013 at 9:15 pm

drooling! i need to get my hands on a macaroon!

• Reply Kreetta April 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Yes, sounds good!!! Blueberries are the best :)

• Reply Inge April 11, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I should go on such a gluten free and sugar free diet too! :-) I have been feeling ill or having colds on and off, so maybe that will boost my energy & health level as well? Anyway, I love Linda’s work – she’s got the most amazing pictures and it all looks yummy for your tummy! Would love to try these blueberry lemon waffles by the way… ;-)

• Reply Marjory April 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Oh My God, this is so tempting! Such deliciousness. :)

• Reply Climate Control April 11, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Those are some of the most fun cupcakes I have ever seen.

• Reply Charlotte | Anknel and Burblets April 11, 2013 at 11:00 pm

What pretty photographs – and I love the handwritten type over the photos.

• Reply Jade April 12, 2013 at 3:09 am

What a delightful post. I’ll have to try the recipes. They look delicious! And beautiful photographs, as always. Thank you Holly.

• Reply mitsuko April 12, 2013 at 4:22 am

I love her bold & energetic ideas !

• Reply Beccy April 12, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Love the pink macaroons, beautiful photograph!

• Reply Samantha April 12, 2013 at 12:28 pm

oh delicious! What beautiful photography and design too!

• Reply Teresa Micheile Henderson April 12, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I love Lindas work. I post about her quite often. Her recipes, her graphic design, photography, styling … oh yeah and her band is awesome too! Call Me Cupcake is in my top 5 list of blogs that also include Decor8. Two inspiring ladies!

I can’t wait to get her new book (translated in Dutch coming my way soon!)

Glad you found her Holly. She rocks!

Cheers!

• Reply stephanie @BabaSouk April 12, 2013 at 2:48 pm

OMG those pictures are delightful! I can even smell them!! Mmmmmm.

• Reply Vanessa April 12, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Oh my goodness, these pictures are beautiful! It makes me want to try baked Alaska! Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Emma . Pigs & Roses April 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I love all it!

• Reply Sarah Yakawonis April 12, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Sooooo yummy! You might also like this cupcake poster!

• Reply Angela April 12, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Thanks for sharing this great blog! Yummy recipes and truly amazing photography!

• Reply Joni Simone April 13, 2013 at 8:36 am

The most amazing work I have ever seen, i’m a number one fan!

• Reply Cate April 13, 2013 at 9:00 am

Oh my God where have I been? Adding this one to my reader stat.

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang April 14, 2013 at 5:36 am

I am so thankful for you and for all the loveliness you point us to!

• Reply izabela wlodarska April 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm

beautiful pictures. now I have to eat something sweet :)