Gorgeous Rotterdam Home

Do you love open plan living? Then you’ll enjoy this home. It was such a treat to see this space in Rotterdam photographed for Houzz by the lovely Holly Marder, an American living in the Netherlands who writes a blog called Avenue. I don’t read Houzz regularly but I do read Holly’s blog, so I was so excited to see this home pop up today on her site. She is also such a doll, she visited me in Hannover last year and will come again in the Fall, she is my newest blogger pal. I love the dining room that opens into the kitchen, such a light and bright space. I think what really wows me is the overall architecture, I mean look at those windows! To die for!

Avenue

Avenue

Avenue

This three-story, 2,368 square feet, 19th-century home is located in Rotterdam and along with the neighboring row of houses, was awarded the 2012 Rotterdam Architecture Prize for modern urban renewal. Wouldn’t you LOVE to take an old building and gut renovate it? MY DREAM is to do this.

In fact, I am currently on the look out for something in Hannover so we’ll see, perhaps in a year or two decor8 will turn into Holly Becker’s Home Renovation blog. :) Oh boy! I wonder what you guys would think of THAT?

See more on Houzz and on Avenue. Enjoy!

(images: holly marder)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours, inspiration on April 17, 2013

1. Elena commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 1:02pm

So up my alley! Open and clean.

2. Quinn Cooper commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 1:21pm

Simple yet really beautiful! The kitchen is my favorite part, love the color of the cabinets.
    xo Quinn
    Quinn Cooper Style
    Quinn Cooper´s last blog post ..Animal Figurines

3. Sonia commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 2:04pm

Gorgeous! Holly is also my new blogger friend and we’ve met irl. Indeed a sweet girl!
    Sonia´s last blog post ..Green ideas

4. Marit commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 2:26pm

Thanks for sharing Holly, I really like the avenue blog and will follow it!

5. Holly {Avenue} commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 3:37pm

Holly, what a compliment! Thank you for sharing my images and your (and Sonia’s!) sweet words. Looking forward to hanging out later this year. Holly xoxo
    Holly {Avenue}´s last blog post ..Inside Scoop: Industrial Rotterdam Renovation

6. decor8 commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 4:06pm

@Holly who is Sonia?

7. Holly {Avenue} commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 4:10pm

@Decor8 Sonia is the shop owner and blogger behind Gosto Design & Lifestyle (www.gosto-webshop.nl) We worked on a shoot together a few months ago and she is lovely! x
    Holly {Avenue}´s last blog post ..Inside Scoop: Industrial Rotterdam Renovation

8. decor8 commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 4:14pm

@Holly – Oh I know here, she won a seat in my last Blogging Your Way class. She is so nice!!!

9. Kate commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 5:36pm

Having just got back from a brief holiday in Amsterdam I am bursting with admiration for the Dutch sense of style. Peering in through all the huge windows to see endless cool and quirky interiors was like a walking through the pages of an interiors mag. This house in Rotterdam is no exception. I may have to move!

10. charmaine commented
    April 17th, 2013 at 6:45pm

oh that is such a gorgeous home! I love the kitchen in particular x

11. Angela commented
    April 18th, 2013 at 7:47am

So pretty! I’m from Holland and I’m traveling around the world looking for a better place to live but this makes me want to go back and live in Holland again!
    Angela´s last blog post ..Places we love: Tuba Bangkok

12. Jane commented
    April 18th, 2013 at 10:41am

Great pictures. Beautiful architecture. The combination of wood, exposed brickwork and loads of light works fantastic. Love the lamps!

13. Danette commented
    April 18th, 2013 at 5:42pm

That is a beautiful kitchen. I, too, would love to renovate a home and then live in it forever. Ok, maybe not forever. I often feel we don’t appreciate the older things and history in general. It’s so sad. As a culture we’d rather have something new rather than put hard work, time, and love into preserving and restoring old things.
    Danette´s last blog post ..The Perfect Hummus

14. Chrystina commented
    April 20th, 2013 at 5:45am

You really know how to get a girl going. Wow, absolutely love these pictures. Thanks for sharing, Holly!
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..what a difference your mood makes

15. kalanicut commented
    April 27th, 2013 at 9:34pm

Ah! So in love. Living in a boring box of an apartment (albeit I’ve tried to style it up!) I ache for some high ceilings, light, big windows and non-cookie cutter design. This is so beautiful. My heart opens up and sings thinking about that open space & air! That kitchen is simple gorgeous and gorgeously simple! Thanks for sharing!
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..Looking Back At The Week Time

16. angela commented
    April 29th, 2013 at 8:10pm

I love this, my only question is what do they do for privacy?

17. angela commented
    April 29th, 2013 at 8:11pm

I love this, my only question is what do they do for privacy? That is a lot of windows and I didn’t see any kind of coverings…
    Hmm. I might choose some kind of semi-transparent sheer curtains so as not to filter out the light or add too much bulk.