Really Good News: Bloggers Love Holly Beckers Wunderbare Wohnideen!

This is my first ever Really Good News column, a column where I share once weekly some really good news related to my life, business, books, etc. This week I have really good news because the German version of Decorate Workshop, which is called Holly Beckers Wunderbare Wohnideen, is a #1 bestseller in Germany! This makes me VERY happy. I also am excited because so many German bloggers, actually some of the BEST blogs over here, wrote about my book, made cute videos, hosted giveaways, shot lovely photos of the book in their home showing favorite spreads, etc. which makes me even happier. It is hard to live abroad in a new market, new language, and to have your books translated into another language because you wonder what you sound like in German, you know? You wonder if people here will like your style? You wonder about a lot actually! But as I read the book in German, I feel like it is very much in my voice, and this makes me feel good inside.

I really must shout out the bloggers here in Germany who featured my book because without their support, my book may not have gotten off to such a great start. And I have to thank my publisher, Callwey, along with my publicist, Isabel, because she is doing a great job on my book. Please click on all of the links below because even if you cannot read German, you will still find some beautiful blogs to add to your RSS feed and learn about some great new things. I want to thank everyone listed below, really, I am forever grateful!

I was so happy about these reviews that I made a special pinboard where I pinned them all and will continue to do so as I receive more mentions from German bloggers and the press here. It’s such a treat!

I also want to thank German magazine, Schoener Wohnen, who gave my book a shout out on their website here and the German version of Mollie Makes magazine for reviewing my book on page 70 in their May issue. I also love the web preview and beautiful article Brigitte magazine produced for their site which you can see here. You can also find a beautiful article about me in the May issue of Living At Home. I feel so blessed with press like this.

From my heart… THANK YOU!

(images: daniela müller, thorsten becker for decorate workshop)

Posted by decor8 in Really Good News on April 19, 2013

1. Igor commented
    April 19th, 2013 at 2:51pm

It was my pleasure, Holly! And thank you too for the lovely mention! Happy weekend!! (ssshhh I am off to Paris…)
    Igor´s last blog post ..Exclusive Book Preview: ‘A Place Called Home’ By Mr. Jason Grant

2. Quinn Cooper commented
    April 19th, 2013 at 3:22pm

WOW such exciting news! It so nice when you work really hard and then it pays off and people really appreciate everything you have put into it. Love this new column!
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style
    Quinn Cooper´s last blog post ..Israel Part 1

3. ShellHawk commented
    April 19th, 2013 at 3:30pm

Congratulations! That must be an absolutely fantastic feeling! And after all your hard work, you deserve some recognition!

4. Sandy commented
    April 19th, 2013 at 4:30pm

It was a great pleasure to do it! And thank you Holly, for the mention on Hausmaus and here on decor8. You are always so inspiring to me (not only the books).
    With big hugs, have a lovely weekend!
    Sandy
    Sandy´s last blog post ..Foodstyling & Photography Workshop in Amsterdam

5. eva commented
    April 19th, 2013 at 5:30pm

it was a pleasure! i am so inspired – and my homeoffice will be great when i am done! have a great werkend! xo- eva

6. annawithlove commented
    April 19th, 2013 at 8:17pm

Huge congratulations from Canada!!
    Can’t wait for more from this new column!!
    Lots of love xoxo
    annawithlove´s last blog post ..Sneak Peek: NEW FINE ART COLLECTION

7. Danny | cozy & cuddly commented
    April 20th, 2013 at 12:01am

Dear Holly!
    Thank you very much! It was a pleasure fo me to write about your lovely Book!
    I feel very honored that you used my Picure! Thank you so much!
    Xoxo, alles Liebe Danny

8. Charlotte | Anknel and Burblets commented
    April 20th, 2013 at 10:31am

Oh wow! That really is really good news – look at that amazing list of German bloggers!
    Charlotte | Anknel and Burblets´s last blog post ..Baileys Home and Garden

9. vickidvorak commented
    April 21st, 2013 at 6:01am

So excited for you, Holly!!! Congratulations! xo
    vickidvorak´s last blog post ..My Photos and Vogue Eyewear!

10. Sandra commented
    April 22nd, 2013 at 5:55pm

Wow, you wrote a Bestseller again! That´s amazing. Congratulation Holly!!!
    And thank you so much to mention me on the German blogger list. I feel very honored.

Lookinf forward to your third bestseller book. :-D
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Bunte Altbauwohnung von Daniel und Anika

11. LaBaronneC commented
    April 23rd, 2013 at 11:15pm

bravo ! toutes mes félicitations, succès mérité !!!
    LaBaronneC´s last blog post ..it cabas summer 2013

12. Louisa Blackmore commented
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:12am

Wow Holly, this is wonderful – huge congratulations to you and also to Thorsten! Really thrilled for you and can’t wait to see your next book. Have a wonderful weekend xx
    Louisa Blackmore´s last blog post ..The Weekly { New Arrivals at West Egg }

13. annette commented
    May 1st, 2013 at 11:01pm

Hi Holly,

I recently posted also a review about your book. Quite late but…naaahhh, ‘better late then never’ as Germans would say, haha.
    Here it is: http://twiceversa.com/2013/05/01/buecherstapel-holly-beckers-wunderbare-wohnideen/

Cheers
    annette

14. decor8 commented
    May 2nd, 2013 at 11:37am

@Annette – Your post made me laugh, thank you!

15. annette commented
    May 2nd, 2013 at 5:27pm

@decor8:
    Why? Haha!

16. decor8 commented
    May 2nd, 2013 at 6:45pm

@Annette – The things you said were just funny! It came across like you were complaining a lot but in a cute way. :)

17. annette commented
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:52am

@decor8: No complaining! :)