French Connection for the Home

I love the home wares collection (and furniture!) from French Connection. When I was last in London, which was in November, I saw some of their collection for the home and really liked it. The quality looked just fine and I loved the muted, relaxed palette because you can mix these things into your interior world so easily without wondering if they’d match or not – can’t go wrong with raw materials like wood with grays and whites. So versatile. They just rolled out some new furniture that I love. Here are some favorites below, with links, and since it’s gray and rainy today, I find these images restful and just well, nice to look at.

French Connection

fcFrench Connectionuk5

French Connection

French Connection

French Connection

My favorite things: leather and jute gray rug, wooden table with wheels, safari babe chairtied bedding, driftwood mirrors, tree trunk wooden stool and the leaning shelves. I would love to buy some of these things, but they won’t ship outside of the UK. So I guess I just have to look like most of you who aren’t living there…

I’d add some music to this mix by Rose, Coeur De Pirate and Carla Bruni – they’ve been on constant rotation in my studio all week. I’d also light a few candles, add a string of twinkle lights over a door or mirror, and bring in some tea along with a really nice plate of yummy healthy things to eat. That’s what you have to do on gray, dreary days. Relax and go with it. Create your own sanctuary and make a little magic.

P.S. I’m so happy French Connection seems to be moving away from their branding as FCUK, I always thought that was so degrading to their image. Did you ever think that too?

(images: french connection)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on April 27, 2013

1. Angela - designhaus no.9 commented
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:04pm

Wonderful images! With white it is a light and fresh grey. I’m really attracted from vibrant colors, but I also like these tones. Have a nice weekend!
    Angela – designhaus no.9´s last blog post ..Products I Love: Koura by David Trubridge

2. Karine Kong commented
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:21pm

Yes I hated the FCUK campaign and apparently it was very successful for them but I didn’t like it at all. I have my moments of swearing but not to the point where I would enjoy wearing a t-shirt saying almost the same, not very classy.

Their homewares catalogue is gorgeous! Did you get a copy of ours? Karine
    Btw, my house is featured in 2 German mags this month: 20 Private Wohntraume (Mai/June issue) and Schoner Wohnen (April). Wish I could understand what they wrote :-))
    Karine Kong´s last blog post ..I would love to get your feedback on our latest catalogue

3. decor8 commented
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:23pm

@Karine – Yes, definitely NOT classy.
    No, didn’t get your catalog, maybe I will? Or do I have to specifically order one?
    I will look at my SW issue again, I must have missed it. I never buy 20 Private Wohntraume, it’s a good one though, so I’ll go look for it.

4. Snowden Flood commented
    April 27th, 2013 at 3:00pm

I agree Holly and Karine, I always hated the FCUK campaign too. That campaign was big and successful for them when I lived in NY and it felt soooo unnecessarily aggressive and crass to me in that sometimes aggressive and ‘in your face’ city!

So these images are kind of the antithesis to that kind of attitude aren’t they? Which is why they work so well, very calming and gentle. I especially like the leaning shelves. Thanks for sharing :-)

5. Katie commented
    April 27th, 2013 at 7:28pm

I’m so with you on FCUK. I think it was meant to appeal to a younger audience, and I’m sure it worked well for them, but I find their clothes so much more appealing now that they don’t all have that slogan all over them, which I would never wear! I think their clothes (and homeware) seem to be moving toward a much more classic (and classy) feel – way better!
    Katie´s last blog post ..A summery cocktail

6. decor8 commented
    April 27th, 2013 at 9:36pm

Yeah, I totally agree with you guys on the FCUK thing… Imagine Jenna Lyons at J.Crew or Kate Spade launching a campaign like that? Not in a million years. It’s trashy – like the current Kmart campaign, “I shipped my pants”. Oh boy.

7. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    April 28th, 2013 at 4:50am

Totally agree!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Guest Post | Life Made Lovely | Room Made Lovely

8. ELISA TAVITI commented
    April 28th, 2013 at 11:41am

Stunning!!!

ELISA TAVITI´s last blog post ..SURANIA BIKINI

9. Fee commented
    April 30th, 2013 at 1:40pm

I totally agree regarding fcuk… My teen daughter recently upgraded her eyewear, there was an fcuk pair which suited her perfectly but not a chance I would allow her, nor did she want to, walk around with such an unsavory logo.
    I didn’t even realize that French Connection was related to fcuk, very very poor taste indeed.
    Thanks for sharing this new range Holly, love it!