Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand-Illustrated Wallpaper

I love the gorgeous wallpaper care package that Abigail and her husband Ryan from Abigail Ryan design in Belfast sent over yesterday! I immediately tore into the pretty box (which was wrapped in wallpaper) and upon seeing their samples, I literally gasped. I love these hand-illustrated papers and the fresh and fabulous colorways. I immediately thought, “neon pink washi tape!”, so I grabbed a roll and stuck them to my wooden cabinet so I could show you how stunning they are. I think neon really works with these papers so if I were to design a room using one, I would definitely have a neon accent somewhere in the room.

Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand-Illustrated Wallpaper

Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand-Illustrated Wallpaper

Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand-Illustrated Wallpaper

Inspired by flowers, Abigail hand-illustrated four wallpapers using two patterns and four colorways: Flamingo, Powder Puff, Maraschino and Margarita. I love how vibrant these are! Abigail and Ryan Bell started their company based in Ireland back in 2009. Their products are sold at Liberty in London, Fenwick on Bond Street and have been featured in high end design mags like Elle Decoration and Livingetc.

They’ll be launching their Spring/Summer collection, which includes this wallpaper along with throw pillows and table linens, at Pulse at booth LP58 (wish I could go, this will be an amazing show!) from May 12-14 so if you are in London, do head over to Earls Court and pay them a visit. And in a few weeks, they will be available online so bookmark their site and visit them towards the end of May to place your order! I just ordered 4 rolls for a project, I’ll show you the results eventually… :)

What do you think? Which is your favorite?

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in walls on May 09, 2013

1. Jane Barry commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:57pm

Wow these are so beautiful I love them and an Irish company as well! I’m Irish so it’s added bonus for me. I would find it really hard to choose a favourite. Love them all : )

2. Miss Aoki commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:58pm

Wow! They’re so cute! Flowers are so beautiful (Abigail is a great illustrator) and the selection of colors are perfect! I love so much the pink-yellow example. :)
    Cheers!
    Miss Aoki´s last blog post ..The Miko

3. Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:00pm

Wow you weren’t kidding! These are lovely. I think my favorites are one of the two on the right, but that’s definitely a hard decision! Thanks so much for sharing and they are officially pinned!

xoxo
    Melyssa

Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective´s last blog post ..Balancing the Barrel: Resisting Negativity

4. Jane commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:10pm

Wow! They are so striking, Holly. The powder puff is my fave. She’s one clever cookie. Oh, and it’s a treat to see your ‘home’ in its new spot :). J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..Feeling tired and tongue-tied

5. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:17pm

Gorgeous I would;t know which one to choose. I am visiting Pulse on Monday so I will come to say hello to Abigail and Ryan. I am not exhibiting myself this time so free to say hello to everybody and do a nice post for my blog.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..BEING INSPIRED BY…

6. tinajo commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:34pm

They are all so pretty, love the colors! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Having some Sandwich cake

7. Marjory commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:42pm

Really lovely organic feel to these floral patterns. My favorite is the coral flowers over the turquoise background. Inspiring!
    Marjory´s last blog post ..Living Healing Gardens: Breathing life

8. BohèmeCircus commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:55pm

I love the illustrations of flowers! For a part of a wall, the choice is difficult but these samples of paper would give me want to make a folding enveloppe for seeing the patterns positioned randomly. The first that my eye catches is this one at the top right, because I love when the lines of illustrations are without color, for me this gives strength to the drawing. I can imagine a beautiful calligraphy and a stamp for a beautiful letter !
    BohèmeCircus´s last blog post ..Behind the envelopes

9. Tracy A. commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:05pm

Love these! The lower, left one is my favorite!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..“Handmade presents are scary because they reveal that you have too much free time.” ~ Doug Coupland

10. Laura Dro commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:26pm

Wow, love this look! The colors are perfect!!!

11. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:28pm

so gorgeous! love the turquoise paper with the neon pink and white flowers.
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Wedding Gifts

12. Daniela commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 5:00pm

Ooo, these are lovely! All the colorays look very beautiful, but my fave is the aqua blue/ coral one.
    Daniela´s last blog post ..Where is Spring?

13. Nancy commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 5:59pm

My eye is drawn to the pink one with green flowers, but if I were papering a wall, I would use the green one with yellow flowers. That is definitely my favourite. Thanks for sharing these with us.

14. Vanessa commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 6:27pm

Love these patterns! I think the flamingo and powder puff are my favourites. I think they could brighten up a space, for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Vanessa

15. Isabelle commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 7:18pm

That looks really good! I like it!

16. Bobbi commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 7:35pm

That is amazing wall paper. I especially like the grey with yellow flowers. I’ve always been tempted to draw on my walls and make my own “wallpaper”, just haven’t been brave enough yet:)
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Our Next Big Adventure

17. Polly Rowan commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 8:53pm

These are amazing! So fresh and colourful. I am designing floral wallpapers and fabrics at the moment too. Also love your board of flower photographs in the background to the left!
    Polly Rowan´s last blog post ..Goodbye Studio

18. Karen Judge commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 9:09pm

So pretty!
    Karen Judge´s last blog post ..San Francisco: What’s a Disposable Film Festival?

19. Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs commented
    May 9th, 2013 at 9:25pm

OMG! I love the aqua blue with the pink roses! Gorgeous!!!! I would love to see pillows done in this as well!
    Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs´s last blog post ..Doin’ The Funky Chicken At The Beach

20. allie kelley commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 12:41am
  21. Elana Kilkenny commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 4:56am

Hi Holly, I love the fresh color combinations and the modern scale of the flowers. So many possible uses. Beyond walls somehow I keep on envisioning the wallpaper lining the interior to an updated armoire. Just pinned these to my Pinterest “Wallpaper” board, thank you for sharing their beauty and this resource with us! With gratitude, Elana
    Elana Kilkenny´s last blog post ..“What Can We Do?”–Coming Into the Light from The Shadows of The Tragedy in Boston

22. Gracielle commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 7:07am

Those are so beautiful! I’m loving the blue and coral flowers since those are my 2 favorite colors right now. They make me happy :)
    Gracielle´s last blog post ..Thursdays on the Vine

23. Kate commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 7:07am

I love those daisies!
    Kate´s last blog post ..For Maxi Skirts

24. Shay commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 8:54am

Those look amazing! I would love the bright aqua sample as a print hanging in my bedroom.

25. Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 12:40pm

It is very gorgeous print.
    The flowers are great.
    Colorful color heal my heart. ;-) ;-) ;-)
    From Japan.
    Ryoma Sakamoto

26. stephanie @Babasouk commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 2:28pm

Oh wow! They are all so beautiful but the aqua & coral stole my heart!
    stephanie @Babasouk´s last blog post ..Thanks April!

27. Rachel Healy commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 3:03pm

I always find such wonderful things through your blog Holly – thank you!
    I have just been straight on to the ‘abigail ryan’ site to check out their stock – its very beautiful, hoping to purchase some soon! Rachel

28. Abigail @ abigail*ryan commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:47pm

@Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs: Hi Lisa! Thank you! There will be coordinating cushions for each wallpaper :)) they will be online very soon :)

29. Rizzen commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 10:53pm

The patterns are nice and i really like the color choices. I think these would work well in a small space or an office

30. Lindy Gaskill commented
    May 10th, 2013 at 11:03pm

These are gorgeous. I like the aqua and coral one the best.

31. Mary Walker commented
    May 11th, 2013 at 10:03am

A stunning evidence of talent!

32. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 11th, 2013 at 5:13pm

Just gorgeous! I love these, especially the top two! They WOULD be great with neon. Abigail and Ryan are a great team! Congrats to them!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Art Love

33. Tienda de lámparas cuadros commented
    May 12th, 2013 at 7:07pm

Preciosos los ilustrados a mano.
    Mari.

34. Ria commented
    May 13th, 2013 at 11:26am

Hi Holly! My favorite is the turqouise one with the pink rose on it. Thanks for showing us! Greetings, Ria
    Ria´s last blog post ..Visual Shopping Tour – Herr von Myra

35. Kate commented
    May 13th, 2013 at 11:29am

Can’t wait to see the project when you’ve finished it. These look lovely but I find it so hard to visualise wallpaper in small samples as it looks so different en masse.

36. DELEITE DESIGN commented
    May 14th, 2013 at 12:51pm

Really nice wallpapers!
    DELEITE DESIGN´s last blog post ..DISEÑO Y MODA: COLECCIÓN GRAND / DESIGN AND FASHION: GRAND COLLECTION

37. Heather commented
    May 28th, 2013 at 12:37pm

Being from Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland I am very proud of Abigail*Ryan textiles, I’ve just sent for my samples and you are absolutely right neon would look fantastic with them, I would use the Byron & Byron neon curtain poles.

Heather´s last blog post ..NEW GIFT CARDS!

38. Verity du Sautoy commented
    June 27th, 2013 at 4:48pm

I love Abigail Ryan’s work, especially the dark red one (bottom right hand corner). It makes you realise what talent there is out there. There are also many other artisan/smallscale bespoke wallcovering makers. Worth spending some time investigating them because, as you can see with Abigail, you can get some unique ‘finds’.

best