Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand-Illustrated Wallpaper

May 9, 2013

I love the gorgeous wallpaper care package that Abigail and her husband Ryan from Abigail Ryan design in Belfast sent over yesterday! I immediately tore into the pretty box (which was wrapped in wallpaper) and upon seeing their samples, I literally gasped. I love these hand-illustrated papers and the fresh and fabulous colorways. I immediately thought, “neon pink washi tape!”, so I grabbed a roll and stuck them to my wooden cabinet so I could show you how stunning they are. I think neon really works with these papers so if I were to design a room using one, I would definitely have a neon accent somewhere in the room.

Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand Illustrated Wallpaper

Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand Illustrated Wallpaper

Debut: Abigail Ryan Hand Illustrated Wallpaper

Inspired by flowers, Abigail hand-illustrated four wallpapers using two patterns and four colorways: Flamingo, Powder Puff, Maraschino and Margarita. I love how vibrant these are! Abigail and Ryan Bell started their company based in Ireland back in 2009. Their products are sold at Liberty in London, Fenwick on Bond Street and have been featured in high end design mags like Elle Decoration and Livingetc.

They’ll be launching their Spring/Summer collection, which includes this wallpaper along with throw pillows and table linens, at Pulse at booth LP58 (wish I could go, this will be an amazing show!) from May 12-14 so if you are in London, do head over to Earls Court and pay them a visit. And in a few weeks, they will be available online so bookmark their site and visit them towards the end of May to place your order! I just ordered 4 rolls for a project, I’ll show you the results eventually… :)

What do you think? Which is your favorite?

(images: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Jane Barry May 9, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Wow these are so beautiful I love them and an Irish company as well! I’m Irish so it’s added bonus for me. I would find it really hard to choose a favourite. Love them all : )

• Reply Miss Aoki May 9, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Wow! They’re so cute! Flowers are so beautiful (Abigail is a great illustrator) and the selection of colors are perfect! I love so much the pink-yellow example. :)

• Reply Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective May 9, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Wow you weren’t kidding! These are lovely. I think my favorites are one of the two on the right, but that’s definitely a hard decision! Thanks so much for sharing and they are officially pinned!

• Reply Jane May 9, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Wow! They are so striking, Holly. The powder puff is my fave. She’s one clever cookie. Oh, and it’s a treat to see your ‘home’ in its new spot :). J x

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo May 9, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Gorgeous I would;t know which one to choose. I am visiting Pulse on Monday so I will come to say hello to Abigail and Ryan. I am not exhibiting myself this time so free to say hello to everybody and do a nice post for my blog.

• Reply tinajo May 9, 2013 at 2:34 pm

They are all so pretty, love the colors! :-)

• Reply Marjory May 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Really lovely organic feel to these floral patterns. My favorite is the coral flowers over the turquoise background. Inspiring!

• Reply BohèmeCircus May 9, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I love the illustrations of flowers! For a part of a wall, the choice is difficult but these samples of paper would give me want to make a folding enveloppe for seeing the patterns positioned randomly. The first that my eye catches is this one at the top right, because I love when the lines of illustrations are without color, for me this gives strength to the drawing. I can imagine a beautiful calligraphy and a stamp for a beautiful letter !

• Reply Tracy A. May 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Love these! The lower, left one is my favorite!

• Reply Laura Dro May 9, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Wow, love this look! The colors are perfect!!!

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} May 9, 2013 at 3:28 pm

so gorgeous! love the turquoise paper with the neon pink and white flowers.

• Reply Daniela May 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Ooo, these are lovely! All the colorays look very beautiful, but my fave is the aqua blue/ coral one.

• Reply Nancy May 9, 2013 at 5:59 pm

My eye is drawn to the pink one with green flowers, but if I were papering a wall, I would use the green one with yellow flowers. That is definitely my favourite. Thanks for sharing these with us.

• Reply Vanessa May 9, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Love these patterns! I think the flamingo and powder puff are my favourites. I think they could brighten up a space, for sure. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Isabelle May 9, 2013 at 7:18 pm

That looks really good! I like it!

• Reply Bobbi May 9, 2013 at 7:35 pm

That is amazing wall paper. I especially like the grey with yellow flowers. I’ve always been tempted to draw on my walls and make my own “wallpaper”, just haven’t been brave enough yet:)

• Reply Polly Rowan May 9, 2013 at 8:53 pm

These are amazing! So fresh and colourful. I am designing floral wallpapers and fabrics at the moment too. Also love your board of flower photographs in the background to the left!

• Reply Karen Judge May 9, 2013 at 9:09 pm

So pretty!

• Reply Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs May 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm

OMG! I love the aqua blue with the pink roses! Gorgeous!!!! I would love to see pillows done in this as well!

• Reply allie kelley May 10, 2013 at 12:41 am

perfect! I love these!

• Reply Elana Kilkenny May 10, 2013 at 4:56 am

Hi Holly, I love the fresh color combinations and the modern scale of the flowers. So many possible uses. Beyond walls somehow I keep on envisioning the wallpaper lining the interior to an updated armoire. Just pinned these to my Pinterest “Wallpaper” board, thank you for sharing their beauty and this resource with us! With gratitude, Elana

• Reply Gracielle May 10, 2013 at 7:07 am

Those are so beautiful! I’m loving the blue and coral flowers since those are my 2 favorite colors right now. They make me happy :)

• Reply Kate May 10, 2013 at 7:07 am

I love those daisies!

• Reply Shay May 10, 2013 at 8:54 am

Those look amazing! I would love the bright aqua sample as a print hanging in my bedroom.

• Reply Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan May 10, 2013 at 12:40 pm

It is very gorgeous print.
    The flowers are great.
    Colorful color heal my heart. ;-) ;-) ;-)
    From Japan.
    Ryoma Sakamoto

• Reply stephanie @Babasouk May 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Oh wow! They are all so beautiful but the aqua & coral stole my heart!

• Reply Rachel Healy May 10, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I always find such wonderful things through your blog Holly – thank you!
    I have just been straight on to the ‘abigail ryan’ site to check out their stock – its very beautiful, hoping to purchase some soon! Rachel

• Reply Abigail @ abigail*ryan May 10, 2013 at 10:47 pm

@Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs: Hi Lisa! Thank you! There will be coordinating cushions for each wallpaper :)) they will be online very soon :)

• Reply Rizzen May 10, 2013 at 10:53 pm

The patterns are nice and i really like the color choices. I think these would work well in a small space or an office

• Reply Lindy Gaskill May 10, 2013 at 11:03 pm

These are gorgeous. I like the aqua and coral one the best.

• Reply Mary Walker May 11, 2013 at 10:03 am

A stunning evidence of talent!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Just gorgeous! I love these, especially the top two! They WOULD be great with neon. Abigail and Ryan are a great team! Congrats to them!

• Reply Tienda de lámparas cuadros May 12, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Preciosos los ilustrados a mano.

• Reply Ria May 13, 2013 at 11:26 am

Hi Holly! My favorite is the turqouise one with the pink rose on it. Thanks for showing us! Greetings, Ria

• Reply Kate May 13, 2013 at 11:29 am

Can’t wait to see the project when you’ve finished it. These look lovely but I find it so hard to visualise wallpaper in small samples as it looks so different en masse.

• Reply DELEITE DESIGN May 14, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Really nice wallpapers!

• Reply Heather May 28, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Being from Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland I am very proud of Abigail*Ryan textiles, I’ve just sent for my samples and you are absolutely right neon would look fantastic with them, I would use the Byron & Byron neon curtain poles.

• Reply Verity du Sautoy June 27, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I love Abigail Ryan’s work, especially the dark red one (bottom right hand corner). It makes you realise what talent there is out there. There are also many other artisan/smallscale bespoke wallcovering makers. Worth spending some time investigating them because, as you can see with Abigail, you can get some unique ‘finds’.

Verity @kothea