12 Fab Finds This Week

Hello everyone, it’s me Holly and I thought I’d pop in for a moment to say hello! I hope you have been enjoying the sweet posts left by some of my contributing guests – it’s been lovely having them. Tomorrow I’ll welcome yet another to inspire you – a stylist living in LA. But first, I thought I’d check in to see how you are, what you’ve been up to lately, etc. I also thought I’d show you a few things that I’ve been loving this week. Twelve to be exact!

Fab Finds This Week

1. The new FABRIKÖR cabinet available in green, cream or black from IKEA. This is a must-buy, I have to pick up one for my entryway to display some of my Rosenthal vases.

Fab Finds This Week

2. Arne Jacobsen cups – I just bought four with my own letters – what would you spell? The temp+files thought SLOW was a good thing to spell. I agree!

Fab Finds This Week

3. A wood table like this one found in a Scandinavian online mag – which I cannot find now to properly link to it (please help me if you know!). I’m thinking to ask a designer here in Hannover to make it for me since I know she would do a great job on something similar. Just a little wider and no shelf. But chunky and thick. I’m in love.

Fab Finds This Week

4. Seems like everyone is into Astier de Villatte ceramics all of a sudden. I wonder why? Do you ever wonder that stuff too, like what happens when stuff you’ve known about for years suddenly is all over the place? We photographed vignettes that I styled in their Paris shop in Feb 2012 for my book, Decorate Workshop, which was quite an honor! I walked away with loot too that I love.

Fab Finds This Week

5. I’m cRaZy in love with Scandi food blogger, Call Me Cupcake. Look at the cakes she bakes! Oh la la!

Fab Finds This Week

6. I want these Folklore window decals from Haijke sooooo much. I have plans. When I order them and stick them up, I’ll share on decor8 for sure.

Fab Finds This Week

7. A simple necklace how-to from Tina at Travelling Mama inspired me so much. I want to go back to the craft store to shop for big beads now! I also LOVE her hot pink needle, I have to be on the look out for one of those!

Fab Finds This Week

8. Very pale, simple wallpaper like this found on Pinterest first by Wimke Tolsma.

Fab Finds This Week

9. Speaking of walls, I also love this pop of peach from Hannas Room. So creative and simple!

Fab Finds This Week

10. And I’ve been just a tad bit into (okay more like massive overload obsessed) with the French Carnets Parisians blog lately. Oh it’s wonderful there… H E A V E N L Y.

Fab Finds This Week

11. Oh and Carnets Parisians has an etsy shop too called Asleep From Day. Swoon.

Fab Finds This Week

12. Circle punches from Martha Stewart! I’m completely loving my new punches that Leslie brought over for me from America. Have you ever tried these things? They are the coolest.

See you tomorrow – hope you are having a great week! xo

(images linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in round-up on May 30, 2013

1. ursula talledo commented
    May 30th, 2013 at 6:38pm

Love it all!! all the decorations are amazing!

2. Michelle Clement commented
    May 30th, 2013 at 6:47pm

Oooh…that peach wall has stolen my heart! :)

3. mae commented
    May 30th, 2013 at 7:59pm

I am totally loving Call Me Cupcake! What gorgeous, deep photos. Thanks for sharing this find.

4. Lina @ GGBG Style commented
    May 30th, 2013 at 8:48pm

Very happy post!!! I am quite a fan of Carnets Parisians myself for the last couple of months. I understand your obsession perfectly, Holly.

5. Tanja commented
    May 30th, 2013 at 9:12pm

so cool! i also would love these punches!!!
    enjoy!

6. Gisela Damblon commented
    May 30th, 2013 at 11:04pm

I am always in a hurry when I am wrapping a present…I think I prepare some of these wonderfull decorations….thank you for this idea!

7. Ada (new york) commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 4:16am

Now I’m craving CUPCAKE … what a delicious photo (cue: licking monitor). All these finds r awesome (thanks for sharing them Holly). As for the letter-cups … I though maybe spelling LOVE, but then I do love the visual of SLOW (in our fast paced technology world), I would be a beautiful reminder to slow things down (or insult that I am too slow hahaha)
    Ada (new york)´s last blog post ..Nicole’s red-tacular living room!

8. Tina in Boston commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 5:06am

Hi Holly! I love Martha’s punches! I used them to create my Christmas cards last year. I added the link to my blog post on the cards in the Website field.
    Tina in Boston´s last blog post ..To Boston With Love

9. Emily commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 5:12am

I think those circle punches are such a great idea too! I love that table, minus the shelf would be even better!
    Emily´s last blog post ..What I Wore: #StyleMeMay

10. dervla @ the curator commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 5:15am

Hi Holly! thanks for the introduction to another amazing food blogger… loved all of your finds.
    dervla @ the curator´s last blog post ..pear galette with toffee sauce

11. Hannah commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 5:45am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh your finds have me in a frenzy! I just decided I ‘better not’ buy a display cabinet that I had my eye on for $1000. And then you pop up with this cheap IKEA equivalent! THANK-YOU!!!

12. Hannah commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 5:47am

And the circle punches? EEP.
    Hannah´s last blog post ..:: week 2 sugar-free ::

13. Nicola commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 6:32am

I am still looking for inspiration for my “retreat room”. May be a peach wall? Never thought of that color before…
    Nicola´s last blog post ..entertaining table

14. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 7:36am

I love my circle punches! I like to take old Anthro magazines, circle punch my favorite pages and use those on my packages!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Adoption | Naptime is my time…

15. John Winston commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 8:32am

Really beautiful!

Thanks for Sharing!

16. Tienda de lámparas commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 8:58am

I love the decor, the table and chairs is beautiful, the divine peach colored, wall.
    Mary.

17. Ellen giggenbach commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 10:19am

I love the circle punches, perfect for my paper cuts! Thanks! Love the colours to! So joyful, it’s officially winter here so it’s brightened my day xx!

18. Lena commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 12:54pm

What a wonderful collection – so different and still belonging to the same world somehow, with lots of summer colors, light and creativity. I’m in love with that peach wall. And the ceramics. And the cabinet. the food pics look very tempting – but no, I can’t start reading all these lovely food blogs, too. I’m overwhelmed already. But maybe a glimpse from time to time…

19. Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 4:22pm

Admiring the wonderful design of all.
    Ryoma. XOXO

20. Kreetta commented
    May 31st, 2013 at 6:56pm

Great inspiration! I like Fabrikör cabinet and Call Me Cupcake pic is delicious!! wow. Carnets Parisians blog I’ve found before but it is worth to visit, definitely.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Kreetta´s last blog post ..Photography Concept and Styling – CONNECTIONS

21. Omo Dem Say commented
    June 2nd, 2013 at 8:48am

wowww… Love the circle punches!

22. Parigote commented
    June 6th, 2013 at 6:50pm

Hooo thank you so much Holly for including me in your lovely selection !
    Have a nice day !

23. Linda commented
    June 6th, 2013 at 10:49pm

This post is pure perfection Holly! So thrilled to see that you’ve included me! Thank you so much! xo Linda