May 30, 2013

Hello everyone, it’s me Holly and I thought I’d pop in for a moment to say hello! I hope you have been enjoying the sweet posts left by some of my contributing guests – it’s been lovely having them. Tomorrow I’ll welcome yet another to inspire you – a stylist living in LA. But first, I thought I’d check in to see how you are, what you’ve been up to lately, etc. I also thought I’d show you a few things that I’ve been loving this week. Twelve to be exact!

12 Fab Finds This Week

1. The new FABRIKÖR cabinet available in green, cream or black from IKEA. This is a must-buy, I have to pick up one for my entryway to display some of my Rosenthal vases.

12 Fab Finds This Week

2. Arne Jacobsen cups – I just bought four with my own letters – what would you spell? The temp+files thought SLOW was a good thing to spell. I agree!

12 Fab Finds This Week

3. A wood table like this one found in a Scandinavian online mag – which I cannot find now to properly link to it (please help me if you know!). I’m thinking to ask a designer here in Hannover to make it for me since I know she would do a great job on something similar. Just a little wider and no shelf. But chunky and thick. I’m in love.

12 Fab Finds This Week

4. Seems like everyone is into Astier de Villatte ceramics all of a sudden. I wonder why? Do you ever wonder that stuff too, like what happens when stuff you’ve known about for years suddenly is all over the place? We photographed vignettes that I styled in their Paris shop in Feb 2012 for my book, Decorate Workshop, which was quite an honor! I walked away with loot too that I love.

12 Fab Finds This Week

5. I’m cRaZy in love with Scandi food blogger, Call Me Cupcake. Look at the cakes she bakes! Oh la la!

12 Fab Finds This Week

6. I want these Folklore window decals from Haijke sooooo much. I have plans. When I order them and stick them up, I’ll share on decor8 for sure.

12 Fab Finds This Week

7. A simple necklace how-to from Tina at Travelling Mama inspired me so much. I want to go back to the craft store to shop for big beads now! I also LOVE her hot pink needle, I have to be on the look out for one of those!

12 Fab Finds This Week

8. Very pale, simple wallpaper like this found on Pinterest first by Wimke Tolsma.

12 Fab Finds This Week

9. Speaking of walls, I also love this pop of peach from Hannas Room. So creative and simple!

12 Fab Finds This Week

10. And I’ve been just a tad bit into (okay more like massive overload obsessed) with the French Carnets Parisians blog lately. Oh it’s wonderful there… H E A V E N L Y.

12 Fab Finds This Week

11. Oh and Carnets Parisians has an etsy shop too called Asleep From Day. Swoon.

12 Fab Finds This Week

12. Circle punches from Martha Stewart! I’m completely loving my new punches that Leslie brought over for me from America. Have you ever tried these things? They are the coolest.

See you tomorrow – hope you are having a great week! xo

(images linked to their sources above.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply ursula talledo May 30, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Love it all!! all the decorations are amazing!

• Reply Michelle Clement May 30, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Oooh…that peach wall has stolen my heart! :)

• Reply mae May 30, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I am totally loving Call Me Cupcake! What gorgeous, deep photos. Thanks for sharing this find.

• Reply Lina @ GGBG Style May 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Very happy post!!! I am quite a fan of Carnets Parisians myself for the last couple of months. I understand your obsession perfectly, Holly.

• Reply Tanja May 30, 2013 at 9:12 pm

so cool! i also would love these punches!!!

• Reply Gisela Damblon May 30, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I am always in a hurry when I am wrapping a present…I think I prepare some of these wonderfull decorations….thank you for this idea!

• Reply Ada (new york) May 31, 2013 at 4:16 am

Now I’m craving CUPCAKE … what a delicious photo (cue: licking monitor). All these finds r awesome (thanks for sharing them Holly). As for the letter-cups … I though maybe spelling LOVE, but then I do love the visual of SLOW (in our fast paced technology world), I would be a beautiful reminder to slow things down (or insult that I am too slow hahaha)

• Reply Tina in Boston May 31, 2013 at 5:06 am

Hi Holly! I love Martha’s punches! I used them to create my Christmas cards last year. I added the link to my blog post on the cards in the Website field.

• Reply Emily May 31, 2013 at 5:12 am

I think those circle punches are such a great idea too! I love that table, minus the shelf would be even better!

• Reply dervla @ the curator May 31, 2013 at 5:15 am

Hi Holly! thanks for the introduction to another amazing food blogger… loved all of your finds.

• Reply Hannah May 31, 2013 at 5:45 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh your finds have me in a frenzy! I just decided I ‘better not’ buy a display cabinet that I had my eye on for $1000. And then you pop up with this cheap IKEA equivalent! THANK-YOU!!!

• Reply Hannah May 31, 2013 at 5:47 am

And the circle punches? EEP.

• Reply Nicola May 31, 2013 at 6:32 am

I am still looking for inspiration for my “retreat room”. May be a peach wall? Never thought of that color before…

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang May 31, 2013 at 7:36 am

I love my circle punches! I like to take old Anthro magazines, circle punch my favorite pages and use those on my packages!

• Reply John Winston May 31, 2013 at 8:32 am

Really beautiful!

Thanks for Sharing!

• Reply Tienda de lámparas May 31, 2013 at 8:58 am

I love the decor, the table and chairs is beautiful, the divine peach colored, wall.

• Reply Ellen giggenbach May 31, 2013 at 10:19 am

I love the circle punches, perfect for my paper cuts! Thanks! Love the colours to! So joyful, it’s officially winter here so it’s brightened my day xx!

• Reply Lena May 31, 2013 at 12:54 pm

What a wonderful collection – so different and still belonging to the same world somehow, with lots of summer colors, light and creativity. I’m in love with that peach wall. And the ceramics. And the cabinet. the food pics look very tempting – but no, I can’t start reading all these lovely food blogs, too. I’m overwhelmed already. But maybe a glimpse from time to time…

• Reply Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan May 31, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Admiring the wonderful design of all.
    Ryoma. XOXO

• Reply Kreetta May 31, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Great inspiration! I like Fabrikör cabinet and Call Me Cupcake pic is delicious!! wow. Carnets Parisians blog I’ve found before but it is worth to visit, definitely.
    Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Omo Dem Say June 2, 2013 at 8:48 am

wowww… Love the circle punches!

• Reply Parigote June 6, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Hooo thank you so much Holly for including me in your lovely selection !
    Have a nice day !

• Reply Linda June 6, 2013 at 10:49 pm

This post is pure perfection Holly! So thrilled to see that you’ve included me! Thank you so much! xo Linda